Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - All Matches - Milan - Napoli
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
han2503
Let's keep all match discussions here starting with the Fiorentina game if there is anyone watching. I'll update the title of the thread accordingly
Nova
I'm watching the game because I have literally nothing else to do.
I don't know what to say, I just hate this Milan squad, what a bunch of untalented , not worthy of wearing the shirt type of players ...

Horrible football. 0 opportunities at half time ! Zero !! Nothing !
Jack Sparrow
First time this season we've come from behind to get any points. All to play for in the next 5 months. I hope we do something creditable with what's left of the season.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 2 2018, 04:46 PM) *
First time this season we've come from behind to get any points. All to play for in the next 5 months. I hope we do something creditable with what's left of the season.

I believe it's tight, we have the Coppa and UEL to play for, but we both know this team is lacking. Not ready if you will.

CrazyMilanFan
We won 1-0 today. Played okay overall but couldn't close the game.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 7 2018, 01:34 AM) *
We won 1-0 today. Played okay overall but couldn't close the game.

True. We seem to dominate possession but can't seem to get any incision whatsoever. I'm not sure if this is a coaching problem or a player problem. Maybe a combination of both.

han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 7 2018, 09:52 PM) *
True. We seem to dominate possession but can't seem to get any incision whatsoever. I'm not sure if this is a coaching problem or a player problem. Maybe a combination of both.

A bit late but I'd like to point out that Hakan really showed some excellent vision in the last game and when he came on again Fiorentina

At least he gives us a bit more dynamism then the head down, run straight Borini does.

I think w have a lot of players who are better than what we're currently seeing now. Bona hasn't been himself this season, and in all honesty, neither has Suso. The striker issue is the biggest for me. And since none of them can seem to get into a scoring groove this has to be blamed a bit on the supporting cast as well since as you so correctly observed, we haven't been incisive at all.

Actually I think the game against Inter was one of our best this season in terms of creating chances
CrazyMilanFan
Got three points it was messy but importantly we somehow managed to win
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 21 2018, 08:06 PM) *
Got three points it was messy but importantly we somehow managed to win

I'm actually seeing gradual improvement from the team, if nothing else there's definitely a greater hunger from the players.

We have Lazio this weekend so I'm actually expecting a loss.

I really would like to know what the thinking has been during this winter mercato where our management actively chose not to participate in it. Maybe they feel like the season is lost so they should cut their losses and re-evaluate in the summer. But we have some glaring holes in the squad, namely on the left wing, with Deulofeu being offered to us on a plate, it's just baffling me as to why we wouldn't jump on such a simple and easy solution like that
Rossoneri7
Well there is the Elliott loan than needs to be settled first then there is UEFA's scrutiny over the Chinese's plans ... So there could be restrictions, nothing to baffle you about han, just that is what it is
William405
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 27 2018, 01:15 PM) *
Well there is the Elliott loan than needs to be settled first then there is UEFA's scrutiny over the Chinese's plans ... So there could be restrictions, nothing to baffle you about han, just that is what it is

Yeah I think it's that.
X-Offender
Donnarumma; Calabria, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Cutrone, Calhanoglu.

Two questions: 1) Why on earth Antonelli and not Abate with Calabria on the left? 2) What happened to Andre Silva? Looks like Rino has completely forgotten that he exists.

Anyway, I expect a win today, or at least a draw. Lazio are in top form but this game is do or die. If we lose again then that little bit of confidence we've gained in the past two few weeks will be completely shattered.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 28 2018, 07:35 PM) *
Donnarumma; Calabria, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Cutrone, Calhanoglu.

Two questions: 1) Why on earth Antonelli and not Abate with Calabria on the left? 2) What happened to Andre Silva? Looks like Rino has completely forgotten that he exists.

Anyway, I expect a win today, or at least a draw. Lazio are in top form but this game is do or die. If we lose again then that little bit of confidence we've gained in the past two few weeks will be completely shattered.

Agreed! Hope we win! Forza Milan
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 27 2018, 11:15 AM) *

Well there were cheap options or even loan options like Deulo who could have been very helpful to our cause without causing any financial issues.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 28 2018, 05:35 PM) *

Meh, I don't expect a win tbh. But with the way Inter are spiralling, I don't see this as do or die, we have time to regain ground imo so this season won't be a complete lost cause

Agreed about Andre Silva, it feels like neither coach knows how to utilise him properly, he's a quintessential SS. I feel like both Rino and Montella have been more comfortable with using someone like Kalinic or Cutrone who stay far more central and don't drift around like Silva tends to do a lot
CrazyMilanFan
We are having half chances
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 28 2018, 06:14 PM) *
We are having half chances

Agreed, but once again, we're too rushed and it's generally messy
CrazyMilanFan
Perfect free kick and goal from curtone
han2503
CUTRONEE

William405
Cutroneeeee
han2503
What a free-kick from Hakan though.

He's been really impressing me ever since he came on against Fiorentina. Glad to see another player finally settling in
CrazyMilanFan
What the hell.... Fifa goal
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 28 2018, 06:24 PM) *
What the hell.... Fifa goal

Yeah, too easy
X-Offender
Class A defending from Antonelli there.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 28 2018, 06:25 PM) *
Class A defending from Antonelli there.

Yep
CrazyMilanFan
Off the bar for lazio..
CrazyMilanFan
What a goal
CrazyMilanFan
Great play
han2503
BONAAAAAAAAA
han2503
This is probably the best we've played in a while aside from the single defensive lapse
han2503
Calabria has also been improving in leaps and bounds imo
William405
Really nice cross and Bonaa.. Nice header
CrazyMilanFan
Good half overall. Our midfield is clicking well
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 28 2018, 06:51 PM) *
Good half overall. Our midfield is clicking well

Agreed. Finally Kessie and Biglia are showing what they're capable of after terrible starts by both
William405
We have a good team, we have a good team! We just need that one protagonist..
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 28 2018, 07:06 PM) *
We have a good team, we have a good team! We just need that one protagonist..

I feel like Silva could be that guy for us.

But we need a proper LW who'll be able to really make our attack tick

Not to mention an alternative to Bona, someone like Milinkovic-Savic would transform our midfield imo because Bona has been very patchy this season
Fillipo Simone
Suso looks more and more out of steam but overall a solid performance. If only our defense could get better.
William405
Anyone has a stream?
CrazyMilanFan
Bonucci possibly will come off. He was playing well imo
CrazyMilanFan
very important win especially for our confidence
CrazyMilanFan
Calabria was flawless today
han2503
Great game, we have Lazio again on Wednesday (I think) in the Coppa. Let's see if we can pull a double on them
Fillipo Simone
Well, they lack Immobile, which makes them less dangerous.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 28 2018, 11:03 PM) *
Well, they lack Immobile, which makes them less dangerous.

Will they have him back on Wednesday? 😄
Fillipo Simone
I don't know...
Jack Sparrow
They rested Immobile so he could be fit on Wednesday I think We pretty much played a full strength squad. I think it will be a tough one on Wednesday. Glad for this win though. If we can at least end up in the same place as last season, while making steady progress in Coppa and UEL, it would still be an improvement.

We're now in 7th place and breathing down Sampdoria's neck. Our midfield is steadily improving as well.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 29 2018, 06:31 PM) *
They rested Immobile so he could be fit on Wednesday I think We pretty much played a full strength squad. I think it will be a tough one on Wednesday. Glad for this win though. If we can at least end up in the same place as last season, while making steady progress in Coppa and UEL, it would still be an improvement.

We're now in 7th place and breathing down Sampdoria's neck. Our midfield is steadily improving as well.

Think Ringo is doing the trick? I sure am liking the cohesion that is being buit. Kinda reminds me of the Carlo days, a sense of belonging to the shirt. Not trying to be soft and all, but Ringo is impressing me.

Also would a coppa win lead to qualifying for CL or is it only through EL?

CrazyMilanFan
Coppa win is EL qualification and EL win would be UCL i think
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 29 2018, 11:05 PM) *
Think Ringo is doing the trick? I sure am liking the cohesion that is being buit. Kinda reminds me of the Carlo days, a sense of belonging to the shirt. Not trying to be soft and all, but Ringo is impressing me.

He's got the team running more and giving more. And I think they're kind of responding. It's probably also the pressure of being branded losers. Let's be honest all of them have under-performed.

What I love is how up front and straight he is. He seems like a truly great guy. And I think when he's giving his 200% every day in training the players are maybe even shamed into giving the same. He's a great role model that way.

Is he a tactical genius? No maybe not. But let's be honest, if this team would just play at their usual capability we'd be in Europe. We were failing to do even that.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, mentality and attitude is what Gattuso worked on. But basically the same problems with our team remain:

- no true leader who can provide stability
- defensive problems
- too many failed players and mentally weak players
- lack of balance in our team/assessment of certain players questionable

And this is mostly not Rino's problem. We simply shouldn't have had such a season. I mean 17/18 we've played some of the worst football ever, even worse then the Inzaghi season. So the players mostly changed, but the problems remained.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 29 2018, 04:35 PM) *

I think for now he is, but I still maintain that it would be a mistake to go ahead with him long-term if he manages to pull off a good comeback to our season. Especially if someone like Conte becomes available

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 29 2018, 08:32 PM) *
Coppa win is EL qualification and EL win would be UCL i think

Yep. And with the teams that have been dumped into the EL through the CL, I can't see the latter happening tbh. While Lazio are a very difficult task in the Coppa

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 30 2018, 11:54 AM) *
Yes, mentality and attitude is what Gattuso worked on. But basically the same problems with our team remain:

- no true leader who can provide stability
- defensive problems
- too many failed players and mentally weak players
- lack of balance in our team/assessment of certain players questionable

And this is mostly not Rino's problem. We simply shouldn't have had such a season. I mean 17/18 we've played some of the worst football ever, even worse then the Inzaghi season. So the players mostly changed, but the problems remained.

The first part of the season was to put it simply, wasted by Montella and his over-experimenting and rotation. I don't think we've really seen what any of the new guys are really capable of tbh as we're only just now seeing glimmers from guys like Kessi and Hakan, heck, even Bonucci and Biglia who all of us thought were sure things going into the season have struggled and are only just now finally managing to assert their authority within this side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.