Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan vs. Genoa, Serie A - Round 5

acid911
post Sep 25 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #121

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

7.5 for Abbiati for almost letting in that own goal? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Other than that freak moment, he was quite solid, gotta give him that. Plus saved our collective behind at least two times. But surely he did not do everything right. Seems a bit low on confidence, I can only hope that some good time between the posts will inject much needed confidence in him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 25 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #122

Berretti

QUOTE (Portman @ Sep 25 2010, 11:24 PM) *
4-1-3-2. 4-3-1-2. X-mas tree. Whatever, anything but 433.

Word. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Anything but 4-3-3. Not sure if we'll be seeing it anytime soon, though. Allegri seems to stick with this, and if we keep winning (ugly) against small teams with individual brilliance, then he probably won't make the change.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 25 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #123

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

In fact we can play 4-3-3 but not with Ronaldinho in the game.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #124

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 25 2010, 06:56 PM) *
In fact we can play 4-3-3 but not with Ronaldinho in the game.

The only reason we play 4-3-3 is because of Ronaldinho...

Ronaldinho needs to be moved to the center. He's just way to isolated playing that winger position. Most teams know that in order to stop the good balls going into our box you need to stop Dinho, thus they throw in 2 markers on him and he's out of it. Everytime he recieves the ball he's instantly closed down, thus can't make a good cross or cut inside like he usually did last season.

Moving him behind the strikers will enable us to utilise his best quality, which is his killer passes in ristricted spaces.

Allegri needs to drop that 4-3-3, even when Pato is back, a 2 striker system will get the best out of all of our atacking players, who are currently being wasted

Also a 4-3-1-2 with Ronnie behind the strikers wouldn't leve our 3 man midfield so exposed all the time, which is a big problem

+Quote Post

Boban10
post Sep 25 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #125

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,832

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2010, 08:03 PM) *

Ronaldinho needs to be moved to the center. He's just way to isolated playing that winger position. Most teams know that in order to stop the good balls going into our box you need to stop Dinho, thus they throw in 2 markers on him and he's out of it. Everytime he recieves the ball he's instantly closed down, thus can't make a good cross or cut inside like he usually did last season.

Moving him behind the strikers will enable us to utilise his best quality, which is his killer passes in ristricted spaces.

Allegri needs to drop that 4-3-3, even when Pato is back, a 2 striker system will get the best out of all of our atacking players, who are currently being wasted

Also a 4-3-1-2 with Ronnie behind the strikers wouldn't leve our 3 man midfield so exposed all the time, which is a big problem

Agreed 100%

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 25 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #126

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2010, 08:03 PM) *

A 4-3-3 with Robinho - Ibrahimovic - Pato in attack wouldn't be bad at all. Robinho was very good in LW possition.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #127

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 25 2010, 08:28 PM) *
A 4-3-3 with Robinho - Ibrahimovic - Pato in attack wouldn't be bad at all. Robinho was very good in LW possition.

Non of them can really create opportunities though. And we need creativity in that attack, and the best way to get that would be to play Ronaldinho behind the 2 strikers

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 25 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #128

Berretti

Han's got a point. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Now whether Mr. B, Allergi, and the man himself, Ronaldinho, understand this is another matter entirely. I never quite got this R80 obsession of attacking through the left. The player of his caliber should be able to create anything from anywhere on the pitch, anytime. Not confine himself to the comfort zone of the left side.

Besides, attacking from the center will give him much more options to pass the ball.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 25 2010, 08:49 PM
Post #129

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

what a sh*tty match. Only 4 more matches to go until we drop the 433 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 25 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #130

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2010, 07:30 PM) *
Non of them can really create opportunities though. And we need creativity in that attack, and the best way to get that would be to play Ronaldinho behind the 2 strikers

I was first to say that we should play 4-3-1-2 and then 4-3-2-1. I never was the biggest fan of 4-3-3 but after seeing Robinho's performance, I thought, why not ?

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 25 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #131

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2010, 09:30 PM) *

I can't remember Ronaldinho playing good behind 2 strikers, and even worse: this season Ronaldinho doesn't play well at all.

Robinho, Ibrahimovic and Pato as forward I would prefer to. Robinho and Ibrahimovic can create, so I disagree.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 25 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #132

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

Robinho can play in the Treq role. He did for some games in santos and he has for brazil when kaka wasn't there.

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Sep 25 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #133

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

Couldn't make it to this game...

See guys, playing Ronnie behind two strikers can in fact work, but there's one thing he needs: alternatives. If he's alone behind Ibra and Pato/Robinho, both of the strikers will be marked and Ronnie himself will be double marked. And then what will he do? He'll pass the ball back, so to not lose it.

For such a system to work, we need:

1. Fullbacks actually going forward! Ronaldinho would need people going up the wings, so as to have passing options. When our wingbacks go forward, they attract at least one marker, which already eases the pressure on both the forwards and the trequartista. Furthermore, having the wingback get the ball next to the box forces all the defenders to turn from their mark, so as to face the ball and be able to head the cross away. THAT's why you need fullbacks to actually reach the backline rather than just crossing at three-quarters of the pitch (I'm looking at you Abate, Beckham, Bonera...)

2. A dynamic midfield. Dinho will be double marked, on the wing, or on the center. He can work if and only if he can lay off the ball with his midfield, move, and receive it back unmarked. He manages this with Antonini and Seedorf currently (really, Antonini is our left back, but how many times have you seen him cross? He's there just to be Dinho's lay-off.) This could work with Boateng being behind Dinho and moving next to him on the attack, with Flam/Rino staying behind with Pirlo (making us a 4-2-2-2 when attacking), and Boateng going back when we're defending (making us a 4-3-1-2).

Seeing as the 4-3-3 isn't quite working, I don't think it'd hurt to try this out. But we lack the fullbacks (Zambro and Antonini are good, but the back-ups aren't), and without Boateng I couldn't quite see this working.

Anywho. I'm glad we won today.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #134

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 25 2010, 07:54 PM) *
I can't remember Ronaldinho playing good behind 2 strikers, and even worse: this season Ronaldinho doesn't play well at all.

Robinho, Ibrahimovic and Pato as forward I would prefer to. Robinho and Ibrahimovic can create, so I disagree.

Not the way Ronaldinho does, non of them can provide a killer through ball, and what do we want a player like Ibra to be doing? Scoring goals or trying to create chances? Robinho is a dribbler he creates chances by cutting in from the wings and either driving it in or going for the goal himself. Sure both can do their little back flicks that work out on accasion but non of them can offer what Dinho can.

And who says that Ronnie can't play behind the 2 strikers? because he always used to play on the left for Barca? He was younger then and a lot faster, his passing is still second to non and having him constantly stuck on the left wing is not benefitting anyone. Neither the player nor the team.

Look at the recent games when Ronnie popped up in the center and he had Zlatan running diagonally ahead of him, and today when he had both Zlatan and Robinho ahead of him, while when went to the left, he got marked out, simply because other team know that if they nullify him on that left side then we're done for.

Against Ajax I want to see this formation and line-up

Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
Flamini--Pirlo--Boateng
Dinho
Zlatan--Robinho

And I'm 100% sure that we'll see a Milan that is a 100 times better then the mess we saw today

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 25 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #135

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2010, 10:23 PM) *
Not the way Ronaldinho does, non of them can provide a killer through ball, and what do we want a player like Ibra to be doing? Scoring goals or trying to create chances?

When Pato plays both.

As long as Ronaldinho doesn't contribute as much as Robinho does, Robinho should be preferred. They need to defend as a team. You simply completely ignore the defending part.

And also, we play better without him nowadays since he plays awfully bad at the moment.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Sep 25 2010, 10:04 PM

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:36 PM