> [NT] National Team competitions, Euro qualifying, friendlies, etc

kurtsimonw
post Oct 12 2010, 09:54 PM
Post #226

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

0-0.

That's rare, a referee not giving a blatent decision in Englands favour, who'd have thought it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Oct 12 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #227

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

Yeah, it was definitely handball, still I felt like it was summer and I was back in June here, it's good to see we can play that bad in qualification as well.

Though I do pin some blame on Montenegro (as a football team) because some of their tackles were awful. I don't expect them to come and try and outplay us all guns blazing because that would be fairly optimistic for them. Though the way we were hacked down time and time again was unreal, there are other ways of defending.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 12 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #228

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

If it makes you feel any better, Italy were denied a penalty that even a blind man would have seen. That is, before the game was suspended.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Oct 12 2010, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 12 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #229

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Oct 12 2010, 09:57 PM) *
Yeah, it was definitely handball, still I felt like it was summer and I was back in June here, it's good to see we can play that bad in qualification as well.

Though I do pin some blame on Montenegro (as a football team) because some of their tackles were awful. I don't expect them to come and try and outplay us all guns blazing because that would be fairly optimistic for them. Though the way we were hacked down time and time again was unreal, there are other ways of defending.

Yeah, what they did wasn't tackling, it was attacks. Attacks on British soil no less, we should declare war on the little *******.

I don't blame them though, I blame the ref. Barry and Davies got booked for nothing really, Young got booked for being fouled. Their players were kicking the crap out of ours and were getting no punishment, so they carried on because the ref let them.

Disappointing result, we should be winning every game at home. Bias or not, taking off Young while Johnson did nothing all second half was stupid, everything we did was coming from Young/Cole on the left. So we bring on Shaun "can't cross for" shite-Phillips.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 12 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #230

Prima Squadra

Just listening on the radio. Italy will be likely given the 3-0 win, both teams possibly having to play the remaining games behind closed doors. The Serbians for the fans causing trouble, The Italians for the security not doing their job, with potential risk of harm to fans.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 12 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #231

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Haha, now Italy has tu suffer because a bunch of barbaric terrorists. Unbelivable.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 12 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #232

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 12 2010, 11:04 PM) *
Haha, now Italy has tu suffer because a bunch of barbaric terrorists. Unbelivable.

It's not right however you look at it. The Serbian NT have to forfeit a game and play with no fans because of some individuals.

Italian security is a risk to their own fans to be honest, you rarely see a game without a flare. I think I've seen 2 flares at Villa Park in my entire life, both followed up with life bans. It's not difficult to stop if you do your job properly.

It's a shame a bunch of retarded fans have to bring politics and **** into football. Some of the scenes at tonights game were a disgrace, I thought this kind of things was confined to the history books.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Oct 12 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #233

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

At least Zambro and Pirlo will have more rest time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 12 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #234

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Nah, I doubt Italy will be sanctioned in any way. It'd be just plain stupid. You didn't see the images Kurt, those ultra were simply animals. Flares or non-flares, it wouldn't have made a single difference. Besides, FIGC officials clam the Serb police gave no indication such dangerous fans were coming to Genoa.

As I write this, they've re-entered the stadium and are clashing with the Italian police.

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 13 2010, 12:26 AM) *
At least Zambro and Pirlo will have more rest time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Hey, I hadn't thought of it that way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 12 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #235

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 12 2010, 11:37 PM) *
Nah, I doubt Italy will be sanctioned in any way. It'd be just plain stupid. You didn't see the images Kurt, those ultra were simply animals. Flares or non-flares, it wouldn't have made a single difference. Besides, FIGC officials clam the Serb police gave no indication such dangerous fans were coming to Genoa.

Maybe not images, but I've seen videos.

Allowing flares, cutters, whatever, into a stadium is not good enough. The game would have gone ahead in security did their job. How can they throw stuff onto the field of play if there's nothing to throw?

I personally wouldn't punish Italy, but Italian football/security needs an overhaul. While the real World needs to wake up and actually punish people for wrong doing, instead of a slap on the wrist and a warning.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Oct 12 2010, 11:52 PM

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Oct 13 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #236

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 13 2010, 09:04 AM) *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAKAaX-jcTg

It's ALL good,blessing in disguise Pirlo gets a weeks much needed rest (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by elcordobez: Oct 13 2010, 03:56 AM

+Quote Post

servbot
post Oct 13 2010, 06:17 AM
Post #237

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 12 2010, 05:51 PM) *
Maybe not images, but I've seen videos.

Allowing flares, cutters, whatever, into a stadium is not good enough. The game would have gone ahead in security did their job. How can they throw stuff onto the field of play if there's nothing to throw?

I personally wouldn't punish Italy, but Italian football/security needs an overhaul. While the real World needs to wake up and actually punish people for wrong doing, instead of a slap on the wrist and a warning.

I've got to agree with Kurt here. If even half of the stuff in that article is true about what happened outside the stadium, the game should have been stopped, before players even took the field. I can't imagine those jackasses on the plexiglass should have gotten anything less than a taser to the face either. They should be lucky just to get that.

I am glad for the rest our guys will get though.

+Quote Post

servbot
post Oct 13 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #238

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

Police investigating rioting at the Italy-Serbia game have detained 17 people, including the alleged ringleader, and UEFA warned that sanctions against Serbia could include disqualification from the European Championship or exclusion from future competitions.

The match in Genoa Tuesday was abandoned after seven minutes when Serbia fans threw flares and fireworks onto the field, burned a flag and broke barriers. Violent clashes continued through the night, injuring 16 people, including two policemen.

UEFA opened an investigation Wednesday and its disciplinary panel will hear the case Oct. 28.

Police found the alleged instigator of the rioting in the trunk of a bus that was to take the Serbian fans home from the Euro 2012 qualifier. Although his face was covered by a mask during the violence, police identified him by the tattoos on his arms and found explosive material in his possession.

Genoa police official Sebastiano Salvo identified the ringleader as 30-year-old Ivan Bogdanov, who climbed onto a barrier separating fans from the field, used a wire cutter to slice apart a mesh fence and launched fireworks onto the field.

Bogdanov didn't say anything when he was arrested and was being held in a Genoa jail under accusations of causing violence and damage and resisting arrest, Salvo said, adding that 600 pieces of fireworks and explosives were found in four bags inside the bus holding Serbian fans.

Serbian media reported that Bogdanov has a criminal record, including drug possession. He leads one of the most notorious Red Star Belgrade fan groups.

Of the 17 people detained, 16 were Serbian fans and one was an Italian, Salvo told The Associated Press.

Hours before the match, a flare was thrown at Serbia's top goalkeeper, Vladimir Stojkovic, inside the team bus, and Italy's squad found him trembling inside the Azzurri changing room when it arrived at Luigi Ferraris Stadium.

Stojkovic upset some Red Star Belgrade fans by moving to the fierce rival Partizan in the offseason.

Serbia's interior minister, Ivica Dacic, criticized Italian police for failing to prevent the riots or protect Serbian players, saying the Italians had been advised of the dangers a few hours before the match.

"The Italian police didn't even try to intervene, and their players seemed like they did not want to play the match," Dacic said.

However, Serbian foreign minister Vuk Jeremic offered an official apology following discussions with Italian counterpart Franco Frattini, with Jeremic saying that Serbia recognizes Italy as one of its biggest supporters to enter the European Union, and that his government won't hesitate to adopt radical measures against the hooligans.

Tomislav Karadzic, head of Serbia's soccer association, said on his return to Belgrade that he believes the rioting was premeditated and apparently organized from Belgrade. He said "these guys did not go there by themselves."

The association said it will meet to discuss the incident as it braces for tough sanctions from UEFA.

UEFA will examine reports from its delegate in Genoa, David Petriashvili of Georgia, and match referee Craig Thomson from Scotland before issuing a verdict.

Serbian officials said the fans belong to the same far-right groups that clashed with police in Belgrade last Sunday while trying to disrupt a gay pride parade, leaving more than 150 people injured.

Serbia's Constitutional Court is scheduled on Wednesday to start discussions on a public prosecutor's demand to ban 14 fan groups mostly belonging to Red Star and Partizan Belgrade clubs.

Serbia fans also clashed with police before Tuesday's match and delayed the start of the game for 45 minutes. When the match finally began, more flares and fireworks were thrown onto the field and referee Thomson stopped the match at 0-0.

Serbia has faced increased criticism at home after losing 3-1 at home Friday to Estonia. That match marked the debut of new coach Vladimir Petrovic, who was called in when Radomir Antic was fired following a 1-1 draw at home with Slovenia last month, which only added to a crisis that began with a disappointing first-round exit from the World Cup.

ESPN

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 15 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #239

Prima Squadra

Serbian FA going to meet with Platini to talk over possibility of match being replayed.

(Sky Sports News)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 15 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #240

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Hmm... I don't know. it's not like the Serbian NT is responsible for the traveling fans' (or ultras' to be exact) behavior. the Italian police and stadium security were as much responsible, if not more. so I wouldn't mind a replay.

+Quote Post

175 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:32 PM