Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 2 - Parma - Milan, Date: 14/09/2014 Time: 20:45 CET

KillerMax
post Sep 14 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #241

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

BTW, can someone please tell me why was Felipe red carded? I couldn't even tell if he touched Menez in that challenge...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 14 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #242

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

http://youtu.be/owqZ-7s2m-Y (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 14 2014, 10:22 PM
Post #243

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2014, 03:49 PM) *
I think this game perfectly demonstrates that we can't play an all-muscle midfield. Defense is not our forte, therefore we need possession. We need to keep the ball circulating and press their players, not sit back and let the opposition do the attacking, because this is what happens. We get clumsy and they score as they please.

Pippo, if you have learned anything from your experience as a coach so far, please don't make the same mistakes against Juventus. Enough with Muntari, enough with Bonera, enough with such a pragmatic and conservative approach. Be more aggressive. And give a good yelling to those freaking players of yours, defending worse than a Sunday league team for goodness's sake!

[/rant]

Yes! But will Inzaghi change anything? I don't he will until he starts losing...

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
Post #244

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 15 2014, 01:21 AM) *
BTW, can someone please tell me why was Felipe red carded? I couldn't even tell if he touched Menez in that challenge...

Yeah, it was harsh but Menez knows how to sell it.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
Post #245

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 14 2014, 04:21 PM) *

This is gonna be good...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 14 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #246

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I wasn't that impressed by Bonaventura. He wasn't bad. He's a very tidy and smart player, but he lacks that something extra that makes you a great player. Plus he's just not suited as winger, like Honda.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 14 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #247

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2014, 09:49 PM) *
Wow guys. I missed about half of the game cos my connection sucks more than Bonera, but I still caught all the goals and most important moments. How can you play like this? This wasn't a drama, this was a frigging comedy! This was "Sassuolo 4-3 Milan" level of defending. We're so lucky Parma suck themselves, cos we would have never been able to pull 5 goals against any other side.

I think this game perfectly demonstrates that we can't play an all-muscle midfield. Defense is not our forte, therefore we need possession. We need to keep the ball circulating and press their players, not sit back and let the opposition do the attacking, because this is what happens. We get clumsy and they score as they please.

Pippo, if you have learned anything from your experience as a coach so far, please don't make the same mistakes against Juventus. Enough with Muntari, enough with Bonera, enough with such a pragmatic and conservative approach. Be more aggressive. And give a good yelling to those freaking players of yours, defending worse than a Sunday league team for goodness's sake!

[/rant]

Agree completely with your rant, although, with regards to the defending, I'm not really as p!ssed off as you are. the mistakes were all individual ones aside from the total brain fart on the corner where no one marked Lucarelli. That was the only complete defensive failure when talking about the defence as a whole. Not marking someone on a corner is just inexcusable. That being side we did just have to change our entire CB pairing just before so it could somewhat be excused a little.

The other goals were just ridiculous individual errors. With DS it was just too relaxed and nonchalant the way he bounced the ball back to Lopez at such an awkward angle and height. I am 100% sure that he'll keep this embarrassment in mind for future reference and will learn from it.

The other 2 goals were just Bonera at his best. That Sassuolo game you're referencing was also a Bonera masterpiece. He's the common thread when we concede by such massive margins. The 4-4 against Udine also comes to mind as a typical Bonera showcase.

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 14 2014, 09:52 PM) *
Only two games but still an awesome sight:

(IMG:https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/866144045.png)

When was the last time we had the same point tally by week 2? 05/06?

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2014, 09:53 PM) *
I prefer Juve and Roma's "0" in A than our grotesque "5".

Yeah, the 5 is just ridiculous, but this was just a freakish game. I doubt we'll see anything like it in a while. That being said, we have also scored 8 goals so far, this after having 2 of our most sterile seasons in years. So we're obviously doing something right on one end of the pitch

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 14 2014, 10:01 PM) *
If Pippo played Alex - Zapata from the start it would have been a completely different story. It's not all on Bonera but having him there fucking things up is a major difference.

Agreed

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2014, 10:04 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 14 2014, 10:10 PM) *
I think he's smart (helping the other CB a lot) and very good in the air, which is key for us. But the big thing is consistency - we gotta pick a pair (without Bonera whatsoever, of course) and run with it. You can't change CB's every game.

I think we need Alex because of his aerial dominance, we're so much better on set-pieces and crosses with him on the pitch. All Pippo has to do is just pair him up with any of the other 3 good CBs we have and it should be okay. The Bonera inclusion is most likely for sentimental reasons but Pippo has learned the hard way that there's no room for sentiment in football.

And agree about the continuity issue. I don't get why coaches feel the need to "thinker" with the defence. Just play your best 4 players there and don't mess around with it. Allegri did it every season, Seedorf as well and now Pippo is doing it. CB is probably the most fundamental partnership you can have in football. Just don't mess about with it because it's asking for trouble, especially when you introduce such a liability as Bonera into the mix

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 14 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #248

^ Regardless of how we conceded the goals, the defending as a whole was grotesque. We're too lenient and too spaced-out. Even with extra cover from Poli, De Jong and Muntari we still look bad. That's why we have to play another kind of game. De Jong and Poli/MvG are more than enough as ball winners. We also need a playmaker in midfield, as well as utilize the wings more properly. With SES and Torres back, I want to see them and Menez in the front trio, full stop!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 14 2014, 10:52 PM
Post #249

Before entering the pitch...

Abate: "Come on guys, let's go!"
Cassano: "Hey, Abate, shut up for f*ck's sake."

Link

He really said it! What an ignorant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 14 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #250

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2014, 11:49 PM) *

[/rant]

As I said in the poll thread, we don't have many options there to replace the Muntatri-Poli-de Jong trio. It's easy to shout "van Ginkel" "van Ginkel" like Han when he invented "play Merkel". But we don't know a thing about the Dutchman. Who knows, maybe he isn't ready or on level with us? Yes, we need to bring him in, but I have faith in Pippo.

Other then Ginkel, there ain't many options to make a real change. Poli must do more in terms of offensive play and building.

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 15 2014, 12:01 AM) *
If Pippo played Alex - Zapata from the start it would have been a completely different story. It's not all on Bonera but having him there fucking things up is a major difference.

Well, I don't get the whole Bonera thing. He brings some stability with his experience, yet he's a huge liability.

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 15 2014, 12:12 AM) *
BTW, it was so great to see Cassono making a huge mistake and losing the ball to Ne Jong in our 4th goal. Hope he won't sleep much tonight because of it.

Loved it, loved it so so much (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2014, 12:26 AM) *
I think we need Alex because of his aerial dominance, we're so much better on set-pieces and crosses with him on the pitch. All Pippo has to do is just pair him up with any of the other 3 good CBs we have and it should be okay. The Bonera inclusion is most likely for sentimental reasons but Pippo has learned the hard way that there's no room for sentiment in football.

And agree about the continuity issue. I don't get why coaches feel the need to "thinker" with the defence. Just play your best 4 players there and don't mess around with it. Allegri did it every season, Seedorf as well and now Pippo is doing it. CB is probably the most fundamental partnership you can have in football. Just don't mess about with it because it's asking for trouble, especially when you introduce such a liability as Bonera into the mix

I don't buy the sentimental card one bit. This is professional football for God sake, I cannot believe both Seedorf and Inzaghi are sentimental with a player who wasn't even first team back when they played. And why not be sentimental with Abbiati as well?

No. There's got to be a logical reason why we play Bonera with Leonardo, Allegri, Seedorf and Inzaghi over other options. I think Bonera has immense knowledge and he's a typical Italian defender in Apolloni/Gamberini level - meaning he can play incredible matches, and he can make incredible mistakes. Apart from that, he's experienced and I think he is a good commander. He has it in him to be captain, but well, his mistakes ruin everything.

I'd play him occasionally, especially on the fullback. I think he's a solid additional defender to solidify our result once we take the lead. But I get Pippo who's trying to find a leader in him.

And that brings me to one additional question. I think we should reopen the captain-problem. With Monto out and not living up to expectations, I think it's time we find another, stable, present, performing captain.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 14 2014, 10:56 PM
Post #251

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

New poll is here

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 14 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #252

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 14 2014, 10:53 PM) *
As I said in the poll thread, we don't have many options there to replace the Muntatri-Poli-de Jong trio. It's easy to shout "van Ginkel" "van Ginkel" like Han when he invented "play Merkel". But we don't know a thing about the Dutchman. Who knows, maybe he isn't ready or on level with us? Yes, we need to bring him in, but I have faith in Pippo.

Other then Ginkel, there ain't many options to make a real change. Poli must do more in terms of offensive play and building.

Van Ginkel is good, trust me. You have every right to be dubious, but time will tell. But even so, we have Honda and Bonaventura who can play as CM. Yet Pippo decides to go for the defensive approach. That's my main issue here. We should advocate a more aggressive approach.

This is what big teams do. We're not Cagliari. Look at Inter, for example. They play both Hernanes and Kovacic in central midfield. Roma play Pjanic. Juve play Pirlo, even though all their mids are very offensive-minded. Instead, we play De Jong, Poli and Muntari in midfield, and Bonaventura and Honda in attack. Nope, just nope.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 14 2014, 10:53 PM) *
Well, I don't get the whole Bonera thing. He brings some stability with his experience, yet he's a huge liability.

I don't buy the sentimental card one bit. This is professional football for God sake, I cannot believe both Seedorf and Inzaghi are sentimental with a player who wasn't even first team back when they played. And why not be sentimental with Abbiati as well?

No. There's got to be a logical reason why we play Bonera with Leonardo, Allegri, Seedorf and Inzaghi over other options. I think Bonera has immense knowledge and he's a typical Italian defender in Apolloni/Gamberini level - meaning he can play incredible matches, and he can make incredible mistakes. Apart from that, he's experienced and I think he is a good commander. He has it in him to be captain, but well, his mistakes ruin everything.

I'd play him occasionally, especially on the fullback. I think he's a solid additional defender to solidify our result once we take the lead. But I get Pippo who's trying to find a leader in him.

At least you recognize that he shouldn't be played.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 14 2014, 11:05 PM
Post #253

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Holy God. Early contender for match of the season. Covering that chaos in one post would be absolutely impossible, so I won't even try.

I'll just go straight for ratings (which I'm sure at least one of them will offend someone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

Lopez: 5 Extremely poor/average. Have to say he's had a inauspicious start to his Milan career. A 'decent' save V Lazio plus the penalty stop, but that aside I am not impressed by him at all. He doesn't look any better than Abbiati at this point. He doesn't command his box, rarely comes for crosses, and hasn't yet made, penalty aside, one genuinely great save. The OG was one of the biggest tragi-comedies I've ever seen.

Abate: 8 Utterly superb. His nickname is the Locomotive and this match was easy to see why. Caused constant issues down Parma's left.

Alex: 6 Not his best night, clearly wasn't at ease with his partner.

Bonera: 4 I admit it, he sucks now. He's played a few times in pre-season and he just keeps on getting caught. His red card was harsh, because neither of them were necessarily yellows, especially the first where there was no contact, but his defensive solidity was completely absent tonight.

DS: 6 He was ok, not sensational, but had some weak moments as well as his better ones. Incredibly unfortunate OG.

Muntari: 7 Actually had a good match today - some good tackling and vital interceptions, and mostly used the ball well.

De Jong: 7 Guilty of giving the ball away more than usual but otherwise the usual rock in DM and his goal was just insane.

Poli: 6 Work work work. He gives exactly the same every match, never varies.

Honda: 6 Took his goal so very well but I thought he was otherwise quiet. His set pieces were generally weak and I can't fathom why he always takes them.

Bonaventura: 5 Thought he was poor. Lack of composure at all times, had no effect on the attack and spent most of the match deeper than he was supposed to be. Think he lacks confidence as a forward/winger. Took his goal well enough though.

Menez: 9 But for his horrendous inability to stay on his feet I'd have given him 10. I whined about his constant diving v Lazio, and tonight I whine again. He's a borderline cheat. And YET. F*ck me he was outstanding. He controlled the entire game, everything went through him, and in terms of influence he proved me well wrong. He was stellar. His goal was magical, and he took his penalty brilliantly. Pity he dived for the 80th time to get it.

Pippo: 5 Sorry Pippo, why the f*ck did you break up a brilliant defensive unit for the sake of playing Bonera again? Zaps was outstanding V Lazio - I can only think he was jetlagged from Colombian duty. In which case play Rami. I knew Bonera would start but couldn't fathom him being in the middle given the defenders we have ahead of him. Bonera being there is why the backline was frail - he was 'out of harm's way' v Lazio but tonight in the thick of it he was disruptive.

I'm done defending Bonera, too many errors. If Han can admit he has changed his mind on Niang, I can do the same on Bonera. But at least Pippo is now playing Abate RB & MDS LB.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 14 2014, 11:06 PM
Post #254

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

The lack of leaders out there is probably the reason Bonera gets played. We basically have none, and that includes Abbiati and Montolivo. There isn't a captain anywhere in this team, no one to lead the others. Hence Bonera is picked.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 14 2014, 11:12 PM
Post #255

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 15 2014, 02:00 AM) *
Van Ginkel is good, trust me. You have every right to be dubious, but time will tell. But even so, we have Honda and Bonaventura who can play as CM. Yet Pippo decides to go for the defensive approach. That's my main issue here. We should advocate a more aggressive approach.

This is what big teams do. We're not Cagliari. Look at Inter, for example. They play both Hernanes and Kovacic in central midfield. Roma play Pjanic. Juve play Pirlo, even though all their mids are very offensive-minded. Instead, we play De Jong, Poli and Muntari in midfield, and Bonaventura and Honda in attack. Nope, just nope.

+1

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:01 AM