> TAYE TAIWO WANT TO EMULATE MALDINI

littlechris
post May 23 2011, 11:02 AM
Post #1

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,747

Defender Taye Taiwo is confident that he will prove himself to be an asset for AC Milan at left-back.

The Nigeria international signed a three-year contract with the Italian champions on Wednesday after passing a medical, and will join them in the summer as a free agent after his current deal with French giants Marseille runs out.

Taiwo will be deployed in the left-back position next season, an area in which Milan have struggled since legendary Italian defender Paolo Maldini retirment in 2009.

"This is a very, very big club and I am proud to be coming here," said Taiwo, according to Sky Sports. “When you visit the club you understand its culture and everything that comes with being a Milan player.

"Now everything is done I can relax and go on holiday. I will then return knowing that I have the chance to prove myself in the same position held by the greatest left-back football has ever seen, Paolo Maldini."

Taiwo has spent six years with Marseille and will officially become a Milan player on July 1. He is currently serving a ban after singing an expletive-laced chant about Paris Saint-Germain after his side’s Coupe de la Ligue win against Montpellier last month.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:17 AM