Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TAYE TAIWO WANT TO EMULATE MALDINI
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
littlechris
Defender Taye Taiwo is confident that he will prove himself to be an asset for AC Milan at left-back.

The Nigeria international signed a three-year contract with the Italian champions on Wednesday after passing a medical, and will join them in the summer as a free agent after his current deal with French giants Marseille runs out.

Taiwo will be deployed in the left-back position next season, an area in which Milan have struggled since legendary Italian defender Paolo Maldini retirment in 2009.

"This is a very, very big club and I am proud to be coming here," said Taiwo, according to Sky Sports. “When you visit the club you understand its culture and everything that comes with being a Milan player.

"Now everything is done I can relax and go on holiday. I will then return knowing that I have the chance to prove myself in the same position held by the greatest left-back football has ever seen, Paolo Maldini."

Taiwo has spent six years with Marseille and will officially become a Milan player on July 1. He is currently serving a ban after singing an expletive-laced chant about Paris Saint-Germain after his side’s Coupe de la Ligue win against Montpellier last month.
Jack Sparrow
Oh boy! rolleyes.gif Everyone wants to be like Madlini.
kurtsimonw
I AM GLAD HE WANTS TO BE LIKE MALDINI THAT WOULD GOOD IF HE PLAYS LIKE MALDINI AND IS AS GOOD AS HIM.
Jack Sparrow
YES. I LOVE MALDINI. HE IS BEST EVER. I LOVE MILAN. BUT PLEASE I DON'T LIKE THAT PIRLO GOES. I THINK MANAGEMENT HAS MADE WRONG CHOICE AND GALLIANI MUST LEAVE AND SILVIO SELL TO ABRAMOVICH. GREETINGS TO ALL MILAN FANS FROM MILANFAN IN INDIA!!
Fillipo Simone
cool.gif rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 23 2011, 11:22 AM) *
YES. I LOVE MALDINI. HE IS BEST EVER. I LOVE MILAN. BUT PLEASE I DON'T LIKE THAT PIRLO GOES. I THINK MANAGEMENT HAS MADE WRONG CHOICE AND GALLIANI MUST LEAVE AND SILVIO SELL TO ABRAMOVICH. GREETINGS TO ALL MILAN FANS FROM MILANFAN IN INDIA!!

biggrin.gif
William405
Haha,I was planning on posting something like that smile.gif
han2503
Can we stop with the caps!! My head is about to explode with all this shouting!!! biggrin.gif
arivanjj
loving the caps.. got my attention!
X-Offender
Where exactly did he say he wants to emulate Maldini? rolleyes.gif
Kazdoodle
NO ONE IS GONNA BE LIKE MALDINI. JUST NO ONE WILL. UNLESS WE PUT MALDINI IN A TIME MACHINE OR SOMETHING
acid911
True, but regardless, anyone who pays his tributes to Maldini is a good guy in my books. cool.gif I like this Taiwo guy already!!! Sure no one can be half as good as Paolo (as a player and captain), but anyone that speaks his name and wants to follow in his footsteps earns my respect.
Kazdoodle
QUOTE (acid911 @ May 23 2011, 02:57 PM) *
True, but regardless, anyone who pays his tributes to Maldini is a good guy in my books. cool.gif I like this Taiwo guy already!!! Sure no one can be half as good as Paolo (as a player and captain), but anyone that speaks his name and wants to follow in his footsteps earns my respect.

True smile.gif. Persons showing respect for not only milan but a part of the history of the club seems to be coming in with a good rep better keep it up
acid911
QUOTE (Kazdoodle @ May 27 2011, 05:53 PM) *
True. Persons showing respect for not only milan but a part of the history of the club seems to be coming in with a good rep better keep it up

Totally agreed. cool.gif Heck, my respect for Barca's Pep and inter's Cambiasso went a million times high, after they praised Paolo Maldini and his career. Rio Ferdinand is another one (after winning the CL). I like people who can spot class and distinguish between good/great players and absolute legends of the game.
Dracoris
YES I HOPE THAT HE IS GOOD> GOOD PLAYERS I LIKE> I ALSO LOVE LAMP
Kazdoodle
WHAT TAIWO SHOULD DO IS TRY MAKE HIMSELF A LEGACY SO THAT PEOPLE CAN COME TO THIS CLUB AND SAY "I WANT TO BE LIKE TAIWO" RATHER THAN HAVE PEOPLE SAY. "HEY REMEMBER THAT TAIWO HE WAS A LITTLE LIKE MALDINI" . NOT AS LEGENDARY THOUGH

(Caps XP)
acid911
Whoa, what happened to the caps in the first post?! unsure.gif biggrin.gif Never thought I'd say this, but I miss them! After the fun everyone had below it, of course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.