> WC 2018/2022

Rossoneri7
post Nov 29 2010, 08:49 PM
Post #16

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 29 2010, 10:03 PM) *
Bias? How can I be bias when Qatar's bid isn't even competing with Englands? Sure, you can lebal me bias for what I say about Russia, that'd be fair enough. They only have 2 decent stadia according to their bid with 3 others 'in the works'.

I've had a google search and apparently you need a permit to buy alcohol.

I'm amaze they're the favourite when they have to compete with America and Oz, very ineresting.

Don't be too hasty my friend, in 2011 they will host the Asian Nations Cup. This will be the test to Qatar's ability to stage a World Cup. Then we can talk more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Furthermore, Wiki Reference Which answers several questions with regards to capability, weather, alcohol, and to be honest I generally prefer the World Cup in Europe .. But as I said it is a universal sport (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The problem with the USA and Australia, is not in any way undermining their capability; it is the long commute from one state/city to another. While Qatar is as a little bigger than the State of Rhode Island, hence the environment would be super exclusive for the World Cup in every aspect.

It is not about the bid, as FIFA supports nations with building/revamping stadiums to meet certain standards ... . Sure Qatar's NT is cr@p, but that doesn't hinder its ability to organize and host the event as a Nation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 29 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 29 2010, 07:49 PM) *
Don't be too hasty my friend, in 2011 they will host the Asian Nations Cup. This will be the test to Qatar's ability to stage a World Cup. Then we can talk more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Intresting. It's a shame that the decision is made before they hot the ANC because if they are proven as good hosts, but miss out, it'd be disappointing on their behalf.

Furthermore, Wiki Reference Which answers several questions with regards to capability, weather, alcohol, and to be honest I generally prefer the World Cup in Europe .. But as I said it is a universal sport (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Cheers.

The problem with the USA and Australia, is not in any way undermining their capability; it is the long commute from one state/city to another. While Qatar is as a little bigger than the State of Rhode Island, hence the environment would be super exclusive for the World Cup in every aspect.

Agreed. It doesn't affect the US that much, but if the WC is in Oz, games will likely KO at 2am, 5am and 8am GMT. Given that Europe is probably the biggest footballing market, it doesn't really help their bid that nobody from Europe will be able to watch half the games!

It is not about the bid, as FIFA supports nations with building/revamping stadiums to meet certain standards ... . Sure Qatar's NT is cr@p, but that doesn't hinder its ability to organize and host the event as a Nation.

I am against a country hosting without ever qualifying personally, but after seeing that wiki link, it's nice to see that a country will literally change it's laws regarding Israel and booze for the sake of football. And people say it's 'just a game'!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 1 2010, 01:56 AM
Post #18

Prima Squadra

Russia and Qatar massive faourites according to the bookies. This despite Russia being declared "barely adequate" in their evaluation. Though wit that Panorama show and they way they showed how corrupt FIFA are, it doesn't surprise me Russia are leadin favourites.

USA actually 3rd favourites for 2022 behind Oz.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 1 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra

If we don't get it, I think there's a bunch of fans from south Birmingham that Russia ought to be thanking after tonight, disgraceful.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Dec 2 2010, 12:06 AM
Post #20

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

Yeah, both supporters have ruined it for the country potentially.

Granted Birmingham fans were terrible in running over and starting it, but Villa played their part ripping up seats and chucking them. Pathetic the lot of them.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 2 2010, 01:28 AM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 1 2010, 02:56 AM) *
Russia and Qatar massive faourites according to the bookies. This despite Russia being declared "barely adequate" in their evaluation. Though wit that Panorama show and they way they showed how corrupt FIFA are, it doesn't surprise me Russia are leadin favourites.

USA actually 3rd favourites for 2022 behind Oz.

Oz? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 03:12 AM
Post #22

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Dec 1 2010, 11:06 PM) *
Yeah, both supporters have ruined it for the country potentially.

Granted Birmingham fans were terrible in running over and starting it, but Villa played their part ripping up seats and chucking them. Pathetic the lot of them.

I hardly think what we did is even comparable. They invaded the pitch, ran over to the Villa fans, then threw flares. It's ridiculous. Make them play their home SF behind closed-doors, at the very least.

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 2 2010, 12:28 AM) *

Australia.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Dec 2 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #23

Berretti
Group Icon

Can't blame one solely. Your lot retaliated, are Birmingham worse tonight? Yeah, no doubt but if we don't get the WC tomorrow people will begin to put 2+2 together and blame this (even though in reality the decision has surely already been made), so I'd expect both teams to get widely hated for a few months.

The flares got chucked back, the seats got ripped up and chucked it wasn't all purely Birmingham City. Some ran over, most of them legged it back when the police asked, just a handful of clowns continuing, if the riot police wouldn't have been there, no one would have got involved, all trying to act 'hard' in front of their mates. I'm just glad the 2 teams are fairly chilled, it wasn't anything like West Ham V Millwall last year where each has groups of actual nutters, these 2 are just testosterone driven 18 year olds.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra

Nah, sha are as bad as West Ham/Milwall in terms of firms and what not, they'e got quite a rep. I believe they killed a fan up at Stoke last seaon. We left the hooliganism back in the erly 90s, I've not really seen any bad trouble since I was vey young.

Anyways, not long now until the hosts for 2018/2022 are named!

The feeling is it could finish level between us and Russia, meaning it'll go to Sepp Blatter's vote.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Dec 2 2010, 03:08 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 2 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #25

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Onwards for Mother Russia!!!!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #26

Prima Squadra

No better way to promote football than racism and corruption!

In all seriousness it'll be close, but I agree it'll go to Russia, unsurprisingly.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Dec 2 2010, 03:45 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra

Unconfirmed reports don't look good.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra

I guess the BBC were right.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Dec 2 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #29

Berretti
Group Icon

Load of rubbish. Still we have the Olympics and that's still bigger.

Slow claps for Panorama and last night, well done guys.

If 2022, goes to Qatar this is a complete money-making farce.

LMAO, Qatar, are you having a joke, f... this game.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #30

Prima Squadra

Oil and Bribes are 2 words that spring to mind - particularly as 2 voters were found guilty of accepting money for their vote. BBC were bang on it seems.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:52 AM