> Summer Transfers 2014

Danny
post Jul 28 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #1456

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 28 2014, 12:37 PM) *
Aren't United a Nike team? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Until summer 2015, yup. The new deal doesn't kick in for another year. Meaning this 100M R7 is on about won't arrive till then. But they still spend millions and millions. Can't help but feel he just wants a reaction at all times.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 28 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #1457

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Then by all means, just block me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 28 2014, 02:12 PM
Post #1458

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

We should keep this discussion calm. No need to go personal in this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 28 2014, 02:32 PM
Post #1459

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 28 2014, 01:46 PM) *

They're still a nike team as of now, so like Danny said that money has not come in.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 28 2014, 02:38 PM
Post #1460

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 28 2014, 12:55 PM) *
Then by all means, just block me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

You're not THAT bad. You're just playing devil's advocate a lot and it's quite transparent.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 28 2014, 02:39 PM
Post #1461

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 28 2014, 01:12 PM) *
We should keep this discussion calm. No need to go personal in this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Until I call someone a pop-eye balding git there's nothing personal here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 28 2014, 03:08 PM
Post #1462

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 28 2014, 04:32 PM) *
They're still a nike team as of now, so like Danny said that money has not come in.

Manchester signed an agreement with Adidas.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 28 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #1463

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 28 2014, 04:39 PM) *
Until I call someone a pop-eye balding git there's nothing personal here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yeah, but let's not call names either. Keep up the high level of discussion.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 28 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #1464

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 28 2014, 03:35 PM) *
It is simply because United have a far greater reach than Milan, this due simply by the 'fame' the club has. For example United is a household name, hence they can negotiate for better deals whether with Nike or Adidas. While Milan have a marginal influence in comparison.

We all love Milan, and want it to be on a par with all the others. Its convenient to just say Berlusconi is the reason, but is it really? Or is it just the coincidence that the club 'naturally' is not supposed to be considered a top club? We all like to think by default Milan is the best simply because we have 7 CL titles and a rich history? Does that suffice?

It does not suffice, but I dare say it still suffices to far from where we are now. I've got several questions for you in order to understand your stance, so please excuse for the amount of questions:

1) what do you think lacks Milan to be the best and what makes a team enter this gremium?

2) do you think Berlusconi has done the maximum in the last 5-10 years for Milan or was there any room for improvement in terms of financial, transfer and overall policy?

3) how do you think the clubs close future will look like?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 28 2014, 03:20 PM
Post #1465

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 28 2014, 03:08 PM) *
Manchester signed an agreement with Adidas.

Yeah, but as I said, as of now, they're still a Nike team, they're not getting paid by Adidas to strut around the field in Nike gear. So as of yet, that money that R7 is mentioning hasn't come in yet

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 28 2014, 04:03 PM
Post #1466

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 28 2014, 06:13 PM) *
It does not suffice, but I dare say it still suffices to far from where we are now. I've got several questions for you in order to understand your stance, so please excuse for the amount of questions:

1) what do you think lacks Milan to be the best and what makes a team enter this gremium?

2) do you think Berlusconi has done the maximum in the last 5-10 years for Milan or was there any room for improvement in terms of financial, transfer and overall policy?

3) how do you think the clubs close future will look like?

1 ) What Milan lacks is for Serie A to be on a par with the EPL/Bundesliga. There are a lot of restrictions and limitations which Milan suffer from just as inter and the rest. This issue should not be overlooked, as it is critical to the club's ability to get back on top and the main reason why I give this management the benefit of the doubt.

2 ) Silvio has built the foundations for this club, and not just funded for the squad. Of course in hindsight anyone could argue that he could have done that or the other. But a club with on average 70M in losses per year, it is evident that the demand is no longer there, and that no matter what squad is fielded Milan will remain bleeding from the bottom-line (even this shambles of a team gave us a loss).

Had Silvio not spent the aggregate 1Bn on Milan's training facility and the squad to-date, he could have done an Arsenal from the very beginning. At least by doing so, we would not be in a quagmire, where we 'believe' we are big but in reality we can not even attract decent names. But I don't think you would trade those ten or twenty years for one year as an Arsenal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Hence our quagmire.

Since 2008, when FFP was first being discussed. Then in 2010 when it first kicked in, to-date within the first three years of monitoring period, Milan has dismantled and started to operate on a lower cost basis. The same is still on a reduction, and I believe the reduction will be even more aggressive now considering no Europe for us.

3 ) Our immediate future is geared towards optimizing our income and cultivating in-house talent (hence no trophies on the horizon so far). No longer are we in the market to sign Shevchenko, Rui Costa or Kaka. If a chance arises then rest assured it will happen, but Milan wont be there to even entertain because if the transfer cost was acceptable then the wage surely is not.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 28 2014, 06:20 PM) *
Yeah, but as I said, as of now, they're still a Nike team, they're not getting paid by Adidas to strut around the field in Nike gear. So as of yet, that money that R7 is mentioning hasn't come in yet

Missing the point again. It is not the point whether that money comes in today or in 12 years.

It is a contract, signed only months apart, each binding both Milan and United. Milan get 20M a year and United get 100M a year - What was to be noted here was United's immense bargaining power.

Or would you like to discuss United's income? Cause they have just had an new Chevrolet deal, would you like to know how that varies to our Emirates deal? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 28 2014, 04:18 PM
Post #1467

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 28 2014, 05:38 PM) *
You're not THAT bad. You're just playing devil's advocate a lot and it's quite transparent.

Would love to have an enlightened discussion with people, except when the replies turn personal, as if I was responsible for the outcome of the findings?

Really? and calling me a troll because I point out a fact that does not go well with the general consensus of B&G the crocks or B&G the idiots?

Yeah, you should block man and that goes to whomever feels I am trolling (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 28 2014, 04:49 PM
Post #1468

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 28 2014, 04:18 PM) *
Would love to have an enlightened discussion with people, except when the replies turn personal, as if I was responsible for the outcome of the findings?

Really? and calling me a troll because I point out a fact that does not go well with the general consensus of B&G the crocks or B&G the idiots?

Yeah, you should block man and that goes to whomever feels I am trolling (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I personally don't think you're trolling, I respect that you have an opinion on FFP and you're certainly more knowledgeable than me when it comes to finances and accounts.

But what I don't understand is how you can defend Galliani and his mistakes continually, I get what you were pointing out with the Milan vs Man U adidas deal. BUT like dst also pointed out, we're still not even spending any money that would fit into the ratio of what we vs Man U earn from sponsorships. Why? Because we have so much depts due to mismanagement that most money we earn from sponsorships and such gets sucked into the red so we can cushion Muntari's, Essien's, Constant's, Robinho's, etc retirement fund

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 28 2014, 05:10 PM
Post #1469

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Besiktas want Robinho. They're willing to offer us €3-4 million payable in two years, as well as what Robinho demands in terms of wages (around €3 million). This last aspect is why Robinho has not accepted the several offers from Brazil so far, as they cannot satisfy his requests.

Link

What a money-whore! Piece of trash on the field, even worse outside of it. The little f*cker wouldn't even lower his wages until March before he transfers to Orlando. Please god make him go away.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 28 2014, 05:11 PM
Post #1470

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 28 2014, 07:49 PM) *
I personally don't think you're trolling, I respect that you have an opinion on FFP and you're certainly more knowledgeable than me when it comes to finances and accounts.

But what I don't understand is how you can defend Galliani and his mistakes continually, I get what you were pointing out with the Milan vs Man U adidas deal. BUT like dst also pointed out, we're still not even spending any money that would fit into the ratio of what we vs Man U earn from sponsorships. Why? Because we have so much depts due to mismanagement that most money we earn from sponsorships and such gets sucked into the red so we can cushion Muntari's, Essien's, Constant's, Robinho's, etc retirement fund

We are not spending money like United? United’s 2013 Revenue was 460M euros vs our 278M. United’s Net Profit was 22M euros (adjusted downwards from 184M after discounting IPO in 2012 and one-offs) compared to our Net Loss of 15M for 2013.

You tell me? But I wouldn't compare United to us, lets stick to inter with their new sugar-daddy owner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

154 Pages V  « < 96 97 98 99 100 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 08:47 PM