> Bee buys shares in Milan

Forza Milan!
post May 4 2015, 03:13 PM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 4 2015, 03:22 PM) *
For the time being, I don't care. Galliani is not my main concern. Changing ownership is.

If ownership changes, great (most likely, Galliani will go as part of that).

OTOH, if all that happens is Finnvest gets some money and B&G remains in charge, then I fear that nothing will change, even if we get an infusion of money. FWIW, I keep reading about a potential 100k transfer budget for this summer. That would be welcome news indeed, except I agree with Han's concerns - I would not trust any money in Galliani's hands these days.

Don't get me wrong. I will always be grateful to Berlu for what he has done for Milan (I remember what Milan had become before he took over, and what it won since). I also believe that Galliani used to be a reasonably capable executive, and he has done great things for the club. Sadly, both have become part of the problem now, and both have to go if we are to have a future.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 4 2015, 03:33 PM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 4 2015, 01:22 PM) *
For the time being, I don't care. Galliani is not my main concern. Changing ownership is.

Galliani is a lying, cheating, two-faced charlatan.

But...and God help me for defending him, he can only work with the budget he's allocated. If he's told to get frees, he has to get frees.

Don't forget he's brought us some of the best players in our club's history, but times have horribly changed.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 4 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #18

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 03:33 PM) *

But...and God help me for defending him, he can only work with the budget he's allocated. If he's told to get frees, he has to get frees.

Don't forget he's brought us some of the best players in our club's history, but times have horribly changed.

Indeed.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 4 2015, 04:12 PM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

The thing is, we need a fresh approach. People like Berlusconi and Galliani are not used to listen to advices or present honorary figures. They're used to be the decisive factor in the club.

So, take Maldini for example. Or any younger new part of a possible management. How can he adapt and take up his own plans for Milan with Galliani in his radius? I think this is the main problem. If we wanna bring in new faces and take a fresh approach, the former leading persons will have to either give up their position or accept a more advisory role. And by Galliani's recent behavior he won't do the latter.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 4 2015, 06:19 PM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 4 2015, 05:12 PM) *
The thing is, we need a fresh approach. People like Berlusconi and Galliani are not used to listen to advices or present honorary figures. They're used to be the decisive factor in the club.

So, take Maldini for example. Or any younger new part of a possible management. How can he adapt and take up his own plans for Milan with Galliani in his radius? I think this is the main problem. If we wanna bring in new faces and take a fresh approach, the former leading persons will have to either give up their position or accept a more advisory role. And by Galliani's recent behavior he won't do the latter.

Agreed, we need new faces. Hopefully someone with experience from some other club (tired of having people learn the job on our dime).

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 4 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 04:33 PM) *

Budget has to do with revenue and expenses. Our revenue is high (at least, relative to other Serie A teams). So if we do not have money, then clearly our expenses have not been managed properly. And who has been in charge of managing our expenses?

But, wait a second, why isn't Berlu putting money in the club? Answer is simple, he is. Look at our most recent financial statements, we just lost 91.3M. That is a lot of money!!! Who do you think will have to cover for this loss? BTW, I believe that we may be losing more money than is allowed by FFP rules. Just think about this for a minute, we have a real crappy team ... and we still may be in violation of FFP! And who do we thank for that?

Now, about the "frees" Galliani has gotten us. Take Mexes. We can argue how good he is, but let's look at it purely from a financial perspective. Galliani got him for free. (Great, yeah, Galliani!) However, he has cost us 8M per year (4M salary, 4M taxes). Four years with us, so 32M. (Do you still think this it has been such a great deal for us? I don't.) Sadly he is just one example (there are others).

Yes, Galliani has made some great deals for Milan throughout the years (but IMHO not nearly as good as what Moggi did for Juve in his days). OTOH, Galliani also got us some real duds, and (most important) he has clearly not been able to cope with how football finances have changed in recent years (other Serie A teams have been able to adjust to this new reality, so it is not as if it can't be done).

Bottom line, enough excuses! If we do not have money for players, you can primarily thank Galliani and his management of team finances. (And Berlu for not having sacked the clown.)

This post has been edited by Forza Milan!: May 4 2015, 07:08 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 4 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 4 2015, 06:56 PM) *
Budget has to do with revenue and expenses. Our revenue is high (at least, relative to other Serie A teams). So if we do not have money, then clearly our expenses have not been managed properly. And who has been in charge of managing our expenses?

But, wait a second, why isn't Berlu putting money in the club? Answer is simple, he is. Look at our most recent financial statements, we just lost 91.3M. That is a lot of money!!! Who do you think will have to cover for this loss? BTW, I believe that we may be losing more money than is allowed by FFP rules. Just think about this for a minute, we have a real crappy team ... and we still may be in violation of FFP! And who do we thank for that?

Now, about the "frees" Galliani has gotten us. Take Mexes. We can argue how good he is, but let's look at it purely from a financial perspective. Galliani got him for free. (Great, yeah, Galliani!) However, he has cost us 8M per year (4M salary, 4M taxes). Four years with us, so 32M. (Do you still think this it has been such a great deal for us? I don't.) Sadly he is just one example (there are others).

Yes, Galliani has made some great deals for Milan throughout the years (but IMHO not nearly as good as what Moggi did for Juve in his days). OTOH, Galliani also got us some real duds, and (most important) he has clearly not been able to cope with how football finances have changed in recent years (other Serie A teams have been able to adjust to this new reality, so it is not as if it can't be done).

Bottom line, enough excuses! If we do not have money for players, you can primarily thank Galliani and his management of team finances. (And Berlu for not having sacked the clown.)

(IMG:http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_5/gallery_1354_5_7401.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 4 2015, 09:44 PM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

tbh 4M a year is 80,000 a week. That's about normal for an international player these days.

I agree with you he's not worth it, and hasn't justified that wage, far from it, but most internationals would command such a wage - and when he signed he WAS a France regular.

Your argument should be with Bosman and football agents, rather than Galliani - players and their agents know they can get more money now. They have that power.

My ire is more with the fact in 2011 rather than building we just let it go. We'd just won the Scudetto, income was high (to satisfy FFP), and we had the CL coming up. What did we do with it? Nothing. That was the moment we crumbled, and it's literally been downhill ever since.

PS Berlu is worth just under 10B. 100M to him is pocket change and he can afford to lose it. But it's conjecture on your part which claims he will recompensate those losses. Any reason why he can't chuck another in to make his team great again? Because he doesn't want to.

Indeed, he's demanding Bee does!

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 4 2015, 09:46 PM
Post #24

Allievi Nazionali

PS other Serie A teams have not adjusted. That's why the league is so poor!

Once upon a time Fiorentina, Inter, ourselves etc were strong, backed up by Juve and Roma. These were CL regulars.

Now it's just Juve.

Doesn't sound like a successful adjustment at all.

Sounds far more like living within your means. Fine for stability, but not for real success.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 4 2015, 09:51 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 09:44 PM) *
tbh 4M a year is 80,000 a week. That's about normal for an international player these days.

I agree with you he's not worth it, and hasn't justified that wage, far from it, but most internationals would command such a wage - and when he signed he WAS a France regular.

Your argument should be with Bosman and football agents, rather than Galliani - players and their agents know they can get more money now. They have that power.

My ire is more with the fact in 2011 rather than building we just let it go. We'd just won the Scudetto, income was high (to satisfy FFP), and we had the CL coming up. What did we do with it? Nothing. That was the moment we crumbled, and it's literally been downhill ever since.

PS Berlu is worth just under 10B. 100M to him is pocket change and he can afford to lose it. But it's conjecture on your part which claims he will recompensate those losses. Any reason why he can't chuck another in to make his team great again? Because he doesn't want to.

Silvio has been plugging the financial holes for years now. We end in the red every year, and every year Silvio covers those losses.

It's his prerogative as whether he wishes to splurge big money, not only to cover the losses but to purchase players as well

Also, you forget that there are his children involved now as well, there is a reason why they want to sell and why Barbara is working her @ss off to try and make Milan a more stable business. We completed a project like Casa Milan and still we're making huge losses, we sell all of our big players and still we're losing money. The only high earner we have left at this point is Mexes, when in the past we had half the roster earning what Mexes does plus the bigger salaries for the star players

I personally don't begrudge Silvio not wanting to put in anymore money than is needed into Milan. The only thing I blame him for is his insistence on allowing Galliani to run this club into the ground

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 4 2015, 11:34 PM
Post #26

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 10:46 PM) *
PS other Serie A teams have not adjusted. That's why the league is so poor!

Once upon a time Fiorentina, Inter, ourselves etc were strong, backed up by Juve and Roma. These were CL regulars.

Now it's just Juve.

Doesn't sound like a successful adjustment at all.

Sounds far more like living within your means. Fine for stability, but not for real success.

FWIW, Serie A is doing a little better this year than in recent years (1 team in the CL semis, 2 in EL).

In any case, according to this, last year Serie A had 5 clubs in the top 20 by revenue. Guess who was number 8 world-wide, and number 1 in Serie A? I was wrong, not Juve. Milan. (Juve was number 10 world-wide, number 2 in Italy.)

And despite having top revenue in Serie A, where did we end up last year? How about this year? Forget Europe, we have become a joke even inside of Serie A. And the fact that "the league is so poor" makes that even worse.

AFAIAC, there is nothing wrong with "living within your means". Yeah, as Milan fans we are used to aim high, I understand. Problem is that FFP makes it hard to aim high unless you have your finances in order. In other words, it harder these days to achieve "real success" without "stability".

Sadly, in our case, we are far from both. Our finances are a mess (we are losing mega-money), and we are 10th in Serie A (which, as you point out, is "poor"). And it keeps getting worse, year after year. Why?

IMHO, the answer is not to blindly pump more money in the club and hope for the better. Yes, we could certainly use more money, but there needs to be a real change in management first. Unless that happens, any infusion of money will be a waste.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 5 2015, 09:53 PM
Post #27

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 09:44 PM) *

How much Berlusconi is worth has got nothing to do with it. FFP won't allow us to spend more than a certain amount. He has already been covering losses year after year, and if this keeps up he won't even be allowed to cover those losses anymore as the rules will tighten in the short-term.

It's very clear that we've been trying to change approach in the last few years and become a self-sustainable club, but it's not working. We incur too many losses (yeah yeah, Galliani's fault), and our revenues don't allow us to make enough money to sign expensive players. Hence the decision to sell 49% of the club.

With these new owners we'll hopefully be able to increase our revenues through sponsorship deals, a greater reach in the Asian market etc. all while cutting down expenses in the meanwhile. Mr. Bee and his friends seem pretty serious about it, so fingers crossed.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 5 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

More talk about the Chinese conglomerate now. Don't know, I feel like they'd be the more stable option over Bee and his non-money

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 5 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #29

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 5 2015, 10:53 PM) *
How much Berlusconi is worth has got nothing to do with it. FFP won't allow us to spend more than a certain amount. He has already been covering losses year after year, and if this keeps up he won't even be allowed to cover those losses anymore as the rules will tighten in the short-term.

It's very clear that we've been trying to change approach in the last few years and become a self-sustainable club, but it's not working. We incur too many losses (yeah yeah, Galliani's fault), and our revenues don't allow us to make enough money to sign expensive players. Hence the decision to sell 49% of the club.

With these new owners we'll hopefully be able to increase our revenues through sponsorship deals, a greater reach in the Asian market etc. all while cutting down expenses in the meanwhile. Mr. Bee and his friends seem pretty serious about it, so fingers crossed.

Personally, I would be happier if it was 51% or more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 10:44 PM) *
But it's conjecture on your part which claims he will recompensate those losses.

This says Fininvest has already covered the losses.

Couple of interesting articles, one from 24ore has interesting data on the sad state of our finances, while this seems to agree with many of the points I have been making all along.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 5 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #30

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 5 2015, 11:15 PM) *
More talk about the Chinese conglomerate now. Don't know, I feel like they'd be the more stable option over Bee and his non-money

I agree. Though reading up on Mr. Bee, he seems to be an interesting character and apparently a true Milan fan.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:24 PM