Closed TopicStart new topic
> [EN] Premier League 10/11

kurtsimonw
post Aug 10 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Can't agree there Jack. Shorey and Sidwell were signed for small amounts, just squad players. Davies played alot a season ago, but dislocated his shoulder twice last season so hat to sit it out after sugery.

As for competing. Arsenal are always going to finish above us, they've a great manager. United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and City have all spent more in the MON era, so in theory we should be finishing 7th. MON has shown he buys well by finishing above 7th 3 straight seasons.

If Randy expected top 4 with being the 6th/7th biggest spenders since he took over, he's either in a dream world or an idiot. Martin was right to walk.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

servbot
post Aug 10 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,771

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 10 2010, 06:36 AM) *
I imagine, Bob Bradley and Eriksson are in the frame for the job.

You're smart.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...and&cc=5901

Bradley, fresh from leading the United States to the second round at the World Cup finals, is yet to commit his future to the national side.

He has been installed as the Bookies' favourite to replace O'Neill, who quit the club on Monday just five days before the start of the new season. With American Randy Lerner holding the purse strings at Villa Park, Bradley was immediately linked with the vacant post.

Sven-Goran Eriksson would also be interested in the job, according to sources close to the former England coach: "Of course, Sven would be interested in this job. He has always said that he would like to go back into the Premier League. It is a big target for him.''

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 10 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #33

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 10 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Can't agree there Jack. Shorey and Sidwell were signed for small amounts, just squad players. Davies played alot a season ago, but dislocated his shoulder twice last season so hat to sit it out after sugery.

As for competing. Arsenal are always going to finish above us, they've a great manager. United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and City have all spent more in the MON era, so in theory we should be finishing 7th. MON has shown he buys well by finishing above 7th 3 straight seasons.

If Randy expected top 4 with being the 6th/7th biggest spenders since he took over, he's either in a dream world or an idiot. Martin was right to walk.

I dunno. Maybe you're right. The article I read stated that Villa were third largest spenders in the EPL behind City and Spurs. I think this was in the last 5 years. I'm inclined to believe it.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 10 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra

Nah, since MON took over were 6th, behind the obvious teams except Arsenal. It's been done to boredom on the Villa forum. Anyways, still no proof as to why he actually left.

If Sven or Bradley takeover I suspect Mr. Lerner won't be a fan favourite much longer.

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Aug 10 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

Please take Bradley. He makes good substitutions, but its subs he shouldn't have had to make in the first place. (i.e. Ricardo Clark vs. Ghana)

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Aug 11 2010, 08:19 AM
Post #36

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

LOL the US Federation will not let bradley leave that easily. They will double his salary if need be. He's the first coach that the United States has created that is actually tactically adept and can win games. He's not some youth coach that got up through the ranks due to politics and that is why they won't let him go that easily. If he goes, they are in trouble.

But we'll see, if villa offer a good deal, 1 or 2m; he might decline us offer.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 11 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra

The won't let him leave easily? I have no idea what the score was last night, but based on the US tv I watch the general idea was that if they lost to the Brazil reserves then he'd get the sack.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 11 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

THere was talk on ESPN during the world cup that his contract might not be renewed and last night during the game, there was again talk that it might be his last game for the NT.

+Quote Post

servbot
post Aug 11 2010, 04:44 PM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 11 2010, 02:19 AM) *
LOL the US Federation will not let bradley leave that easily. They will double his salary if need be. He's the first coach that the United States has created that is actually tactically adept and can win games. He's not some youth coach that got up through the ranks due to politics and that is why they won't let him go that easily. If he goes, they are in trouble.

I've never understood why the USSF doesn't just go out and hire a good European coach like other teams do. FFS, even England has a foreign coach, it's not a big deal.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Aug 12 2010, 05:46 AM
Post #40

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (servbot @ Aug 11 2010, 09:44 AM) *
I've never understood why the USSF doesn't just go out and hire a good European coach like other teams do. FFS, even England has a foreign coach, it's not a big deal.

1) Prices. 500k for bradley vs 6-8m for capello.

2) North American Culture. Sad to say but very few european coaches would be able to just come to north america and start bringing success, culture is different.

3) People's mentality. They way players have grown through the systems, what they are taught and what they believe; they are all very different from european players.

I was at the international coaching conference in Philly in January and we had coaches come from all over the world to do demos and teach the coaches who attended their philosophies.

Anyways, there was a coach from dynamo Zagreb there. It took him an entire 20 min to get his group to even function and do what he wanted. and when they wouldn't listen he would flip out, something normal in europe. Players open up and work harder. Here, players close up and shut you out. They quit trying and just don't care.

Out of the 10k people who sat their and watched his 1.5 hour session, only 200 were left by the time the session ended. He was absolutely shocking.

Its easier for NA coaches to go to europe because we are taught both styles, while they are only taught their own.

-------

But you never know, we'll see. Soccer has changed and the USA has gotten a whole lot better. Things might be different.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2010, 07:20 AM) *
The won't let him leave easily? I have no idea what the score was last night, but based on the US tv I watch the general idea was that if they lost to the Brazil reserves then he'd get the sack.

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 11 2010, 07:25 AM) *
THere was talk on ESPN during the world cup that his contract might not be renewed and last night during the game, there was again talk that it might be his last game for the NT.

We'll see if they do indeed sack him. As of right now I can't find anyone in mind who would be able to replace him, so I don't know what they are going to do. I didn't think he'd have been sacked but after the latest results, things have changed.

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Aug 12 2010, 06:18 AM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 13 2010, 01:06 AM
Post #41

Prima Squadra

Bilic, Bradley, Eriksson, Curbishley and Jol have all been labelled 'favourite' by different sources. Only one of them is good enough to manage us, in my opinion. Bilic and Bradley are miles off, Sven needs stupid amounts of money and Curbishley is better at overacheiving with bad teams. It has to be Jol if it's one of these, or we're in trouble.

With that said, Kevin McDonald is caretaker manager and has done an exception job with our reserves the past few years, he should be given a few games to see how he does before we make a move.

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Aug 13 2010, 02:23 AM
Post #42

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 12 2010, 12:46 AM) *
1) Prices. 500k for bradley vs 6-8m for capello.

2) North American Culture. Sad to say but very few european coaches would be able to just come to north america and start bringing success, culture is different.

3) People's mentality. They way players have grown through the systems, what they are taught and what they believe; they are all very different from european players.

I was at the international coaching conference in Philly in January and we had coaches come from all over the world to do demos and teach the coaches who attended their philosophies.

Anyways, there was a coach from dynamo Zagreb there. It took him an entire 20 min to get his group to even function and do what he wanted. and when they wouldn't listen he would flip out, something normal in europe. Players open up and work harder. Here, players close up and shut you out. They quit trying and just don't care.

Out of the 10k people who sat their and watched his 1.5 hour session, only 200 were left by the time the session ended. He was absolutely shocking.

Its easier for NA coaches to go to europe because we are taught both styles, while they are only taught their own.

Jurgen Klinsmann.

Price: Higher than Bradley but affordable. The USSF has more money right now than they have ever had.

Culture: He lives in LA.

People's Mentality: Thats nearly the same thing as culture. But three points looks better than 2.

He's our man.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 13 2010, 02:38 AM
Post #43

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

If he says yes this time. He's be great but it's my understanding (can't recall exactly where I read it but I did read it in more than one place) that he's got philosophical differences with the federation so....

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 13 2010, 04:02 AM
Post #44

Prima Squadra

It's also arguable whether he's actually better than Bradley anyway. What's he done exactly?

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Aug 13 2010, 05:28 AM
Post #45

Allievi Nazionali

bayern

+Quote Post

139 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:32 PM