Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lecce vs Milan, Giornata 11

acid911
post Nov 6 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #1

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Time to keep up our winning streak! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) That too against a relatively weaker team (Leece were 3rd in Serie B last season). A victory here would extended our lead, seeing as inter will be playing against Udinese (a top table team) this week. Juve also have an easy match this round, so we better be at our best.

(IMG:http://i33.tinypic.com/zjtfd2.jpg)

Anyhoo, time for some stats between the two clubs, current rankings, head to head, top scorers, etc.

(IMG:http://i34.tinypic.com/2ngsls6.jpg)

(IMG:http://i38.tinypic.com/2d9r3x3.jpg)

(IMG:http://i35.tinypic.com/2duh8bt.jpg)

(IMG:http://i34.tinypic.com/1566521.jpg)

Date: 09 November, 2008
Time: 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm GMT
Place: Stadio Via del Mare

Forza Milan! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

(edited spelling of opposing team in title)

This post has been edited by Tennie: Nov 8 2008, 02:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Nov 7 2008, 12:24 AM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

Can't take them lightly... we've been flat after UEFA Cup games (see the game at Cagliari) so I'm hoping for a good performance. We've been winning games, but not convincingly, so I'd like to see a complete performance.

Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Kaladze Jankulovski
Gattuso Seedorf Ambrosini
Kaka Ronaldinho
Borriello

Kaladze did pretty well against Braga I thought, Maldini is an alternative if he is fit. Ambro was rested against Braga so he will play, and Gattuso is in amazing form. Carlo will def go with Kaka Ronnie up top, with Borriello the lone frontman.

New Serie A leaders Milan are planning to add one more win to their four victories in a row as they take on draw-addicted Lecce. The Rossoneri will be strong favourites to collect the three points, but history shows that nothing can be taken for granted – especially at the Via Del Mare.

The San Siro giants are approaching the peak of their form, playing good football at times and returning to the top of the table for the first time in four years after a narrow victory over Napoli on Sunday.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti will use Thursday’s UEFA Cup game against Sporting Braga to test the condition of a few players. As a result, Philippe Senderos and Kakha Kaladze should be in contention to win a place in the starting XI at the weekend.

Upfront, former Genoa striker Marco Borriello seems to have won the battle with young gun Alexandre Pato and old fox Pippo Inzaghi. The Italian will be supported by the Brazilian duo of Kaka and Ronaldinho. Playmaker Andrea Pirlo is still out, which should see Massimo Ambrosini again start.

Lecce Coach Mario Beretta is still struggling to find the perfect design for his team, but proclaimed himself happy with his side’s performance in the draw with Atalanta. Playmaker Andrea Ardito and star man Simone Tiribocchi have minor problems, but there is no doubt they will start.

Guillermo Giacomazzi is back from suspension, but Brazilian full-back Angelo is still out. Vitorino Antunes will keep his place on the left. Former Pisa striker Jose Castillo is likely to be the first choice to partner Tiribocchi, while Daniele Cacia, still in poor form, will probably start from the bench.

Keep an eye on: Simone Tiribocchi (Lecce) – Up against Samba stars Ronaldihno and Kaka, the former Torino striker will be looking to steal the headlines against the Serie A leaders.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Lecce (D D L D D) Milan (D W W W W)
Lecce (probable): Benussi; Polenghi, Stendardo, Fabiano, Antunes; Giacomazzi, Zanchetta, Ardito, Caserta; Tiribocchi, Castillo

Milan (probable): Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf; Kaka, Ronaldinho; Borriello

This post has been edited by Darunia: Nov 7 2008, 12:26 AM

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Nov 7 2008, 12:54 AM
Post #3

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

acid, I see you decided to put a more appropriate picture for the thread up top! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Nov 7 2008, 01:01 AM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 7 2008, 01:06 AM
Post #4

Berretti

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Nov 7 2008, 04:54 AM) *
I see you decided to put a more appropriate picture!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Yeah, better get a feel of where we'd be playing (since this is an away match). I never thought anyone would notice, though, there were only 4 thread views. You were one of them, Trini, you sneaky little devil, you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) November the 9th can't come soon enough!

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Nov 7 2008, 01:15 AM
Post #5

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 6 2008, 08:06 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Yeah, better get a feel of where we'd be playing (since this is an away match). I never thought anyone would notice, though, there were only 4 thread views. You were one of them, Trini, you sneaky little devil, you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) November the 9th can't come soon enough!

Yea - I noticed! hahaha
Cuz I checked it right before and then I came to check it shortly afterwards to check the stats again.
...What the deuce?! - Theres more than one now? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (was my first impression) then I noticed u edited it!

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 7 2008, 01:21 AM
Post #6

Berretti

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Nov 7 2008, 05:15 AM) *
Yea - I noticed! hahaha
Cuz I checked it right before and then I came to check it shortly afterwards to check the stats again.
...What the deuce?! - Theres more than one now? (was my first impression) then I noticed u edited it!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

To tell you the truth, I didn't want to. In fact had to toss a coin to decide. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I don't like edited posts, you know. It takes away the charm. Somewhat! Unless there's something really urgent or important, then it's okay. Not to mention there's a silly, in-your-face message out in bold that this post was last edited, blah, blah, blah.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 7 2008, 04:23 AM
Post #7

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Here is Gazzetta's probable lineup:
Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Favalli Jankulovski
Gattuso Ambrosini Seedorf
Kakà Ronaldinho
Borriello

The following players are 1 booking away from a suspension: Gattuso Ambrosini Kaka.

The games following this one are against Chievo and Torino. Might not be an entirely bad thing if one of the above guys picks up a yellow in the game and sits out the Chievo game so there's no concern about them being suspended about the games that come AFTER Toro.

+Quote Post

Il Diavolo
post Nov 7 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #8

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 5,658

For some reason, I've never liked Lecce. A typical provincial team. Fans roaring no matter what, idiot players who could easily end a career and of course, they always give their "best" against Milan. We didn't beat them in our Scudetto season /1:1 thanks to Sheva/. They will certainly be inspired once again as we are sort of "unbeatable" right now.

It's about time for us to finally impress away from San Siro. 0:2 would satisfy everybody, I think. Another clean sheet and a goal more than usual. Now that would be more shocking than Favalli's good performance last week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Carlo will be having difficulties with the formation, no doubt. I would definetely rest Ricky for this one. He's one yellow card away from being suspended and teams like Lecce are always provoking him. Dinho and Clarence + Sheva and Borriello could do the trick. Pato seems out of touch lately while Pippo will be tired. Sheva needs playing time, Borriello needs goals to build up some confidence /he started to realise Milan ain't Genoa/ while Dinho and Seedorf could definetely provide what's needed if our forwards disappear.

Abbiati, Zambrotta, Bonera, Kaladze, Jankulovski, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Ronaldinho, Sheva, Borriello.

Carlo, please, give Sheva a chance and erase the "Christimas tree" once and for all. The 2007 miracle is obviously not happening in Serie A.

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Nov 7 2008, 05:37 AM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

must win

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 7 2008, 10:27 AM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Well this is a must-win. And I hope we can score more then 1 goal this time...

+Quote Post

amancik
post Nov 7 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #11

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

Lecce 0-3 Milan for me
2 from Shevchenko and 1 from Boriello.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 7 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #12

Berretti

QUOTE (Il Diavolo @ Nov 7 2008, 09:36 AM) *
Carlo, please, give Sheva a chance and erase the "Christimas tree" once and for all. The 2007 miracle is obviously not happening in Serie A.

+1. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Nov 7 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

i hope we play 2 stikers single stiker is not gd against small teams specilly lecce seems to be getting loads of draws

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 7 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #14

Berretti

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Nov 7 2008, 03:15 PM) *
i hope we play 2 stikers single stiker is not gd against small teams specilly lecce seems to be getting loads of draws

Not only that, but they're also very good at home. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Haven't lost at home, won two drawn three. About a mid table team as they come, not behaving like Serie B upgrades. They're ranked 13 for a reason, unlike a certain Reggina or Roma. We'll have to be careful and get as much points as we can to build our lead.

inter's got tough matches now, at least the next five, which they may or may not lose. We'll have our share of tough matches starting next month. Meaning, any lost points now means lost opportunities that wont' be easy to make up for later. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) And also looking at the stats, the goal scoring record of Leece at home is once every 56 minutes, which climbs up to a mammoth every 450 minutes when playing away. We'll have to be careful not to concede unnecessary goals, as they have their fan support to fall back on. Two strikers for us is an absolute must.

In other words: Not as easy a match as it first seemed. Milan will have to be on it's toes!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

A 1-0 win would be more then enough for me. Lecce are one of Milan's bogey teams, expect them to do well against them and they'll end up drawing.

Personally I would like to see us ditching one of the DMFs in this one, Lecce are going to defend, defend, defend and basically do nothing else , we need all the creative spark and firepower we can get.

Zambro--Bonera--Kaladze--Janku
Seedorf--Rino
Kaka--Pato--Dinho
Sheva/Boriello

This post has been edited by han2503: Nov 7 2008, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:32 PM