Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lecce vs Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
acid911
Time to keep up our winning streak! cool.gif That too against a relatively weaker team (Leece were 3rd in Serie B last season). A victory here would extended our lead, seeing as inter will be playing against Udinese (a top table team) this week. Juve also have an easy match this round, so we better be at our best.

Anyhoo, time for some stats between the two clubs, current rankings, head to head, top scorers, etc.

Date: 09 November, 2008
Time: 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm GMT
Place: Stadio Via del Mare

Forza Milan! devil.gif

(edited spelling of opposing team in title)
Darunia
Can't take them lightly... we've been flat after UEFA Cup games (see the game at Cagliari) so I'm hoping for a good performance. We've been winning games, but not convincingly, so I'd like to see a complete performance.

Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Kaladze Jankulovski
Gattuso Seedorf Ambrosini
Kaka Ronaldinho
Borriello

Kaladze did pretty well against Braga I thought, Maldini is an alternative if he is fit. Ambro was rested against Braga so he will play, and Gattuso is in amazing form. Carlo will def go with Kaka Ronnie up top, with Borriello the lone frontman.

New Serie A leaders Milan are planning to add one more win to their four victories in a row as they take on draw-addicted Lecce. The Rossoneri will be strong favourites to collect the three points, but history shows that nothing can be taken for granted – especially at the Via Del Mare.

The San Siro giants are approaching the peak of their form, playing good football at times and returning to the top of the table for the first time in four years after a narrow victory over Napoli on Sunday.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti will use Thursday’s UEFA Cup game against Sporting Braga to test the condition of a few players. As a result, Philippe Senderos and Kakha Kaladze should be in contention to win a place in the starting XI at the weekend.

Upfront, former Genoa striker Marco Borriello seems to have won the battle with young gun Alexandre Pato and old fox Pippo Inzaghi. The Italian will be supported by the Brazilian duo of Kaka and Ronaldinho. Playmaker Andrea Pirlo is still out, which should see Massimo Ambrosini again start.

Lecce Coach Mario Beretta is still struggling to find the perfect design for his team, but proclaimed himself happy with his side’s performance in the draw with Atalanta. Playmaker Andrea Ardito and star man Simone Tiribocchi have minor problems, but there is no doubt they will start.

Guillermo Giacomazzi is back from suspension, but Brazilian full-back Angelo is still out. Vitorino Antunes will keep his place on the left. Former Pisa striker Jose Castillo is likely to be the first choice to partner Tiribocchi, while Daniele Cacia, still in poor form, will probably start from the bench.

Keep an eye on: Simone Tiribocchi (Lecce) – Up against Samba stars Ronaldihno and Kaka, the former Torino striker will be looking to steal the headlines against the Serie A leaders.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Lecce (D D L D D) Milan (D W W W W)
Lecce (probable): Benussi; Polenghi, Stendardo, Fabiano, Antunes; Giacomazzi, Zanchetta, Ardito, Caserta; Tiribocchi, Castillo

Milan (probable): Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf; Kaka, Ronaldinho; Borriello
TriniKing_CE
acid, I see you decided to put a more appropriate picture for the thread up top! laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Nov 7 2008, 04:54 AM) *
I see you decided to put a more appropriate picture!

biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif Yeah, better get a feel of where we'd be playing (since this is an away match). I never thought anyone would notice, though, there were only 4 thread views. You were one of them, Trini, you sneaky little devil, you! tongue.gif November the 9th can't come soon enough!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 6 2008, 08:06 PM) *
biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif Yeah, better get a feel of where we'd be playing (since this is an away match). I never thought anyone would notice, though, there were only 4 thread views. You were one of them, Trini, you sneaky little devil, you! tongue.gif November the 9th can't come soon enough!

Yea - I noticed! hahaha
Cuz I checked it right before and then I came to check it shortly afterwards to check the stats again.
...What the deuce?! - Theres more than one now? blink.gif (was my first impression) then I noticed u edited it!
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Nov 7 2008, 05:15 AM) *
Yea - I noticed! hahaha
Cuz I checked it right before and then I came to check it shortly afterwards to check the stats again.
...What the deuce?! - Theres more than one now? (was my first impression) then I noticed u edited it!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

To tell you the truth, I didn't want to. In fact had to toss a coin to decide. tongue.gif I don't like edited posts, you know. It takes away the charm. Somewhat! Unless there's something really urgent or important, then it's okay. Not to mention there's a silly, in-your-face message out in bold that this post was last edited, blah, blah, blah.
Tennie
Here is Gazzetta's probable lineup:
Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Favalli Jankulovski
Gattuso Ambrosini Seedorf
Kakà Ronaldinho
Borriello

The following players are 1 booking away from a suspension: Gattuso Ambrosini Kaka.

The games following this one are against Chievo and Torino. Might not be an entirely bad thing if one of the above guys picks up a yellow in the game and sits out the Chievo game so there's no concern about them being suspended about the games that come AFTER Toro.
Il Diavolo
For some reason, I've never liked Lecce. A typical provincial team. Fans roaring no matter what, idiot players who could easily end a career and of course, they always give their "best" against Milan. We didn't beat them in our Scudetto season /1:1 thanks to Sheva/. They will certainly be inspired once again as we are sort of "unbeatable" right now.

It's about time for us to finally impress away from San Siro. 0:2 would satisfy everybody, I think. Another clean sheet and a goal more than usual. Now that would be more shocking than Favalli's good performance last week. laugh.gif

Carlo will be having difficulties with the formation, no doubt. I would definetely rest Ricky for this one. He's one yellow card away from being suspended and teams like Lecce are always provoking him. Dinho and Clarence + Sheva and Borriello could do the trick. Pato seems out of touch lately while Pippo will be tired. Sheva needs playing time, Borriello needs goals to build up some confidence /he started to realise Milan ain't Genoa/ while Dinho and Seedorf could definetely provide what's needed if our forwards disappear.

Abbiati, Zambrotta, Bonera, Kaladze, Jankulovski, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Ronaldinho, Sheva, Borriello.

Carlo, please, give Sheva a chance and erase the "Christimas tree" once and for all. The 2007 miracle is obviously not happening in Serie A.
Habitant
must win
Fillipo Simone
Well this is a must-win. And I hope we can score more then 1 goal this time...
amancik
Lecce 0-3 Milan for me
2 from Shevchenko and 1 from Boriello.
acid911
QUOTE (Il Diavolo @ Nov 7 2008, 09:36 AM) *
Carlo, please, give Sheva a chance and erase the "Christimas tree" once and for all. The 2007 miracle is obviously not happening in Serie A.

+1. sleep.gif
CrazyMilanFan
i hope we play 2 stikers single stiker is not gd against small teams specilly lecce seems to be getting loads of draws
acid911
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Nov 7 2008, 03:15 PM) *
i hope we play 2 stikers single stiker is not gd against small teams specilly lecce seems to be getting loads of draws

Not only that, but they're also very good at home. rolleyes.gif Haven't lost at home, won two drawn three. About a mid table team as they come, not behaving like Serie B upgrades. They're ranked 13 for a reason, unlike a certain Reggina or Roma. We'll have to be careful and get as much points as we can to build our lead.

inter's got tough matches now, at least the next five, which they may or may not lose. We'll have our share of tough matches starting next month. Meaning, any lost points now means lost opportunities that wont' be easy to make up for later. dry.gif And also looking at the stats, the goal scoring record of Leece at home is once every 56 minutes, which climbs up to a mammoth every 450 minutes when playing away. We'll have to be careful not to concede unnecessary goals, as they have their fan support to fall back on. Two strikers for us is an absolute must.

In other words: Not as easy a match as it first seemed. Milan will have to be on it's toes!
han2503
A 1-0 win would be more then enough for me. Lecce are one of Milan's bogey teams, expect them to do well against them and they'll end up drawing.

Personally I would like to see us ditching one of the DMFs in this one, Lecce are going to defend, defend, defend and basically do nothing else , we need all the creative spark and firepower we can get.

Zambro--Bonera--Kaladze--Janku
Seedorf--Rino
Kaka--Pato--Dinho
Sheva/Boriello
Tennie
Mediaset's projected lineup is:
Milan (4-3-2-1): Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Seedorf, Ambrosini; Kakà, Ronaldinho; Borriello.

I, personally, would prefer to change out Ronaldinho and Pato and see a 4-3-1-2. We have yet to see how a Pato-Borriello strike pairing works and I suspect they could do very well.
gal_kenny
Real talk we don't need to play defensive against Lecce..Remember the game against Cagliari!!!we should play a 4-3-1-2...
CrazyMilanFan
christmas tree agaisnt small teams fails most of the time
Zed.D
Please, no Ronaldinho against these kinds of teams away from home!
han2503
I don't think that it's the xmas tree in particular that is the problem, because both Kaka and Ronaldinho can play as strikers with one of them in the whole. It's the midfield that is the problem. We need Pirlo ASAP, so that one of the DMs is removed from the lineup.

The xmas tree can be easily turned into a 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3 with those players. But the midfield 3 especially with Ambro in there is a huge drawback for us.
Il Diavolo
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 7 2008, 08:26 PM) *
I don't think that it's the xmas tree in particular that is the problem, because both Kaka and Ronaldinho can play as strikers with one of them in the whole. It's the midfield that is the problem. We need Pirlo ASAP, so that one of the DMs is removed from the lineup.

The xmas tree can be easily turned into a 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3 with those players. But the midfield 3 especially with Ambro in there is a huge drawback for us.

I respectfully disagree. The xmas tree sucked with Pirlo too. Last season we were poor for like 80 % of the time. The xmas tree was Carlo's usual formation until Pato became available. It was either Gila or Pippo and they both sucked. Empoli and Toro gathered clean sheets from San Siro thanks to this. Pirlo played for the most part and we still sucked. It's just too predictable for Serie A.
Darunia
QUOTE (amancik @ Nov 7 2008, 03:42 AM) *
Lecce 0-3 Milan for me
2 from Shevchenko and 1 from Boriello.

You have a lot of faith in Sheva, he hasn't scored in Serie A yet =/ ... doubt he'll even play in this, Pato or Pippo will come off the bench. Sheva might not even be on the bench.
MizNelson
Heh, we're playing Leece? That's gotta suck. wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 8 2008, 07:03 AM) *
Heh, we're playing Leece? That's gotta suck. wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 8 2008, 11:03 AM) *
Heh, we're playing Leece? That's gotta suck.

biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif It's US Leece, for crying out loud! If I weren't a football fan, I'd half think we were talking about another one of those big nuclear aircraft carriers from United States Navy!
Tennie
Call ups:
Abbiati, Dida, Donnarumma (50),
Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Zambrotta,
Cardacio, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso,
Borriello, Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

No Ambro, who apparently has an injury of some sort. He trained in the gym today, as did Il Capitano and Senderos. Favalli is noted as having trained with the group, so he's likely just coming back from injury.

Donnarumma is the Primavera keeper.
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 8 2008, 06:06 PM) *
Donnarumma is the Primavera keeper.

Where on God's good earth is our friendly neighborhood Kalac? ohmy.gif The last I saw him, he was one pissed off giant, coming out of the lock room in our UEFA Cup match.
CrazyMilanFan
senderos again unfit mellow.gif
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Nov 8 2008, 02:48 PM) *
senderos again unfit mellow.gif

dry.gif dry.gif

We should go ahead and just ship him back off if he's going to be injured the eintire season.

Really wishing we had just put our foot in our mouths and just gotten Ivanovic from Chelsea for whatever price they wanted.
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 8 2008, 06:52 PM) *
Really wishing we had just put our foot in our mouths and just gotten Ivanovic from Chelsea for whatever price they wanted.

Stupid thinking on the management's part. sleep.gif There is still chance next window, though! He isn't anywhere near happy at Chelsea and if there's any time to sign him up, it's now.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 8 2008, 02:53 PM) *
Stupid thinking on the management's part. sleep.gif There is still chance next window, though! He isn't anywhere near happy at Chelsea and if there's any time to sign him up, it's now.

I really wish we would go for him. He would probably jump at the chance of joining us, especially since he's never really played a competitive game for Chelsea.
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 8 2008, 07:30 PM) *
I really wish we would go for him. He would probably jump at the chance of joining us, especially since he's never really played a competitive game for Chelsea.

My thoughts exactly. devil.gif He's one of the few world class defenders available! I hope Chelsea don't play him, at least not until we've finalized the deal. Come on, Fester, do something!!!
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 8 2008, 12:56 AM) *

You really think when Pirlo returns one of the DMs will be removed from the lineup? innocent.gif I think it will be one of strikers. we will return to pure stinky Christmas tree.

I think tomorrow we will see this:

Borriello

Dinho ----- Kaka

Flamini ----- Seedorf ----- Gattuso

Janku ----- Kaladze ----- Bonera ----- Zambrotta

Abbiati

No need to say I want to see a two-striker formation with Pato replcaing Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho just doesn't play very good away from home, especially against smaller teams. he better sit this one out IMO.
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 8 2008, 04:58 PM) *
You really think when Pirlo returns one of the DMs will be removed from the lineup? innocent.gif I think it will be one of strikers. we will return to pure stinky Christmas tree.

I agree. I'm almost sure this is what's going to happen, anything different will surprise me.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 8 2008, 02:46 PM) *
My thoughts exactly. devil.gif He's one of the few world class defenders available! I hope Chelsea don't play him, at least not until we've finalized the deal. Come on, Fester, do something!!!

yea he could be one we still would need another world class CB next summer
Tennie
Highlights from the prematch press conference:
* Senderos isn't totally recuperated (ie, not totally match fit) but is doing okay.
* Ambrosini has a calf problem, but he, Senderos and Il Capitano will be available next week
* Ancelotti thinks Nesta will return and play
* Flamini will play. He's not quite at the level he was last year but his performances are improving.
* It sounds like Borriello will also play
* Ancelotti thinks Gattuso's in the best form he's ever been in at Milan
* Ancelotti thinks Sheva played well v. Braga.

dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 8 2008, 06:34 PM) *
* Ancelotti thinks Sheva played well v. Braga.

He was good yeah but I think he was not informed it was a UEFA Cup game and not a training session for him to practice shooting...
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 8 2008, 09:41 PM) *
He was good yeah but I think he was not informed it was a UEFA Cup game and not a training session for him to practice shooting...

Exacto. It was a decent performance, but not up to scratch for the Sheva we know. unsure.gif In my opinion, he has to improve by a country mile or two, even though there's no chance he'll be back to his prime. That time has come and gone.

And his speed, in of itself, has decreased by 10-20%, which for a forward like him is very threatening. It's not like he can play like R99 in a fall back roll. He's not built for it, can't dribble as well, and Carlo doesn't want to play him in a striker (htiman) role now that Pato and Bori are here. huh.gif So far he's had a less of an impact as Ronaldinho, let's hope he improves.
Il Diavolo
Bonera and Kaladze are like the worst CD pair. Remember that incredible away game against Siena. They scored three times thanks to Bonera & Kaha. Ever since that day, although we won, I somehow remembered Carlo should never rely on these two together. Let's hope tomorrow will be a different story.

Glad Flamini will play. The lack of Paolo and Ambro sucks! Both of them are very important for tricky away games. And it's about time for Borriello to become the "hero of the day". Obvioulsy, Sheva won't play that role anytime soon and neither will Pato.

By the way, isn't it great that Inter face Udinese? laugh.gif

acid911
QUOTE (Il Diavolo @ Nov 9 2008, 09:26 AM) *
Bonera and Kaladze are like the worst CD pair. Remember that incredible away game against Siena. They scored three times thanks to Bonera & Kaha. Ever since that day, although we won, I somehow remembered Carlo should never rely on these two together. Let's hope tomorrow will be a different story.

Glad Flamini will play. The lack of Paolo and Ambro sucks! Both of them are very important for tricky away games. And it's about time for Borriello to become the "hero of the day". Obvioulsy, Sheva won't play that role anytime soon and neither will Pato.

By the way, isn't it great that Inter face Udinese?

Solid post, as usual! cool.gif Can't wait for the inter match later today! Should be a cracker, between the league toppers! Promises to be almost as good, if not better, than us and Napoli. Hope Di Natale scores bundles!
MizNelson
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 8 2008, 05:53 AM) *

Well, yeah, but Chelsea will demand a king's ransom for him, we'll deem him too expensive, and we're back to square one.
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 8 2008, 03:58 PM) *

We're already playing with 1 striker now even without Pirlo. Who is he going to take out to put Pirlo back into the squad? Kaka? Dinho? Seedorf? The lone striker? Non of them can be removed from the squad, so the logical thing for him to do would be to replace one of the DMFs. Of course, Carlo and logical don't go well together so he'll probably remove Seedorf and still play with 2 DMFs rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 9 2008, 09:45 AM) *
Well, yeah, but Chelsea will demand a king's ransom for him, we'll deem him too expensive, and we're back to square one.

I don't think they'll demand that much for him, he hasn't played any club football for over a season now. I don't think they even asked that much for him to begin with last summer, but Galliani wanted to make the move a temporary one, while Chelsea still paying a chunk of his wages (sort of like the Crespo deal) Chelsea wanted to sell him outright, Galliani didn't want to spend any money on him. Call me crazy but Chelsea aren't that stupid and Galliani thinks that he can haggle anyone but it backfired on us because now we're stuck with only 2 CBs and Paolo who's either injured or can't play more then 1 game a week.

And I'm pretty sure Chelsea didn't ask that much for him when they wanted to sell him to us instead of the loan deal. The player himself wanted to come to Milan so we really held all the cards but Galliani was too cheap and went for something only a gullible person would go for, and guess what? It didn't happen.
MizNelson
I was being mildly sarcastic when I made that post, harking back to when Galliani rejected Boruc (or was it Frey?) because he was "too expensive."
CrazyMilanFan
we cant get ivanovic this jan atleast bcoz of eu thing have to look else where to get atleast one CB this jan
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 9 2008, 12:18 PM) *
We're already playing with 1 striker now even without Pirlo. Who is he going to take out to put Pirlo back into the squad? Kaka? Dinho? Seedorf? The lone striker? Non of them can be removed from the squad, so the logical thing for him to do would be to replace one of the DMFs. Of course, Carlo and logical don't go well together so he'll probably remove Seedorf and still play with 2 DMFs rolleyes.gif

Right now we sometimes play with two strikers. biggrin.gif (though Pato has to play as a winger) I think when Pirlo returns we won't see two strikers on the pitch anymore...

Problem with Carlo is he just can't rotate the squad's key players in a way we can keep on winning. especially Kaka and Pirlo and in a way Rino and Seedorf seem to be untouchable for him... they should play in almost every league game.
dst
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 9 2008, 11:25 AM) *
I was being mildly sarcastic when I made that post, harking back to when Galliani rejected Boruc (or was it Frey?) because he was "too expensive."

Nobody gets you! You're alone in this big cruel world. How do you feel?
dst
So who's going to play in defense today? It's going to be him, right? dry.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 9 2008, 02:24 AM) *
Nobody gets you! You're alone in this big cruel world. How do you feel?

Just wonderful, 'cause this is the one Milan forum that's populated by people who are just as twisted as me. I don't think I need to name names. wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 9 2008, 01:56 PM) *
So who's going to play in defense today? It's going to be him, right? dry.gif

At least he's better than Favalli.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.