> Abbiati, Christian Abbiati

Tennie
post Nov 19 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #31

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

So anyway, Abbiati currently has the highest average player ranking of all Milan players (6.4). Not my favourite player by any stretch of the imagination but he's really been doing rather well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 19 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #32

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I'm a fascist, says AC Milan star Christian Abbiati

One of Silvio Berlusconi's players at AC Milan has declared he is a fascist. Christian Abbiati, 31, an Italian international, said: "I am not ashamed to proclaim my political beliefs. I share [the] ideals of fascism, such as the fatherland and the values of the Catholic religion."

The goalkeeper's remarks, published today in Sportweek magazine, come amid debate over Italy's fascist past and rightwing present under the leadership of AC Milan's billionaire chairman.

The minority partner in Berlusconi's parliamentary alliance, the Freedom People, is a party spun out of the country's neo-fascist movement. Some members remain unabashed apologists for the dictatorship of Benito Mussolini.

The defence minister, Ignazio La Russa, sparked a row this month after he paid tribute to Italian soldiers who fought alongside German troops in the second world war. His comments came after the mayor of Rome, Gianno Alemanno, told a magazine he did not consider fascism an "absolute evil". Berlusconi dodged a question on his own views, replying: "I think only of working to resolve the problems of the Italian people."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 19 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #33

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Fillipo ... I know and share your frustration (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 19 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I don't see the problem with what he's saying. Then again, I really shouldn't say what I think, I'd get told off for giving my opinion on anything remotely religous.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Nov 20 2008, 01:23 AM
Post #35

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

Old news, Filippo.

His political preference is his business, but he was a bonehead for going public with it.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 20 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #36

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 20 2008, 12:01 AM) *
I don't see the problem with what he's saying. Then again, I really shouldn't say what I think, I'd get told off for giving my opinion on anything remotely religous.

Me neither. But it's sad to see how obviously people in Italy are misinterpreted what fascism really is. Other then that, I don't really care. At least not till the players start act like Paolo Di Canio. Now that was a frightening persona..

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 20 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #37

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 20 2008, 12:10 PM) *
Anyway, 10e, would you mind taking a crack at this?

I'm not 10e, but I wouldn't mind either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Let's see, hmm...

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 20 2008, 12:10 PM) *
Abbiati: "E´ arrivato il momento di ripartire"

Dopo la confortante vittoria in Coppa Uefa, il Milan adesso è chiamato alla conferma in Campionato. Ieri il portiere Abbiati ha parlato con la Gazzetta dello Sport e, in questa maniera, ha spiegato perchè può dirsi fiducioso: "Io mi sento tranquillo. Conosco questa società e questo gruppo. Restando uniti potremo uscir fuori da questa minicrisi in campionato e lo faremo. Nei momenti delicati lo abbiamo sempre fatto e non siamo rimasti a mani vuote. E´ arrivato il momento di ripartire. Rispetto ai miei colleghi Dida e Kalac ho sicuramente qualcosa in meno: i capelli. Sono ritornato qui per mettermi in discussione. Per il campionato, sono state giocate due partite, è presto per dire che siamo fuori dai giochi: ci basta un successo per tornare in corsa. Ora sono tornato com’ero perché sono tornato a credere in me stesso, ma se ero diventato diverso non è colpa degli altri: è colpa mia". (Mediagol)

Abbiati: 'The Moment To Accelerate Has Come!"

After comforting victory in the UEFA Cup, Milan is now looking to the Championship. Yesterday, their goalkeeper Abbiati spoke with Gazzetta dello Sport, and explained why he's confident: "I feel calm. I understand this team and this group. Together we can pull out from this mini-crisis in league and we will do so. We have always done so in delicate moments, and we've never left empty-handed. It time to start over. Compared to my other teammates, Dida and Kalac I certainly have less hair. (Sure you do, chap (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) I returned here to gauge myself. As far as the the championship is concerned, we've played only two matches, it is too early to predict that we're out of the running; if anything we've just kicked into gear in this race. Now, I came back here because I wanted to believe in myself, but if I had a different way of thinking before, it was not the fault of others: It was my fault. "(Mediagol)

Thank-yous on a postcard, please. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Ciao!

This post has been edited by acid911: Nov 20 2008, 10:34 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 20 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #38

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

acid? is that you?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 20 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #39

Berretti

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 20 2008, 03:13 PM) *
acid? is that you??

Yeah, I've been learning a bit of Italian, Spanish and German. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Just a drop, I know, but still not good enough to speak. And probably won't be anytime soon unless I dedicate more time to it, which I can't. But yeah, I can find my way through some Italian websites too.

Any apologies for the errors, of course. Which I'm sure are present. Good thing Han can't nitpick me here!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 20 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #40

Token Girl
Group Icon

+1 cookie to acid. Good job on the translation! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 20 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #41

Berretti

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 20 2008, 04:54 PM) *
+1 cookie to acid. Good job on the translation!

Pleasure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) So any in-your-face mistakes you found in the text, Tennie? Now that I read both versions again, I see a couple of places where I could have done better.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 20 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #42

Token Girl
Group Icon

Minor things only, acid. Seriously, you did a good job!

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 20 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #43

Berretti

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 20 2008, 05:09 PM) *
Minor things only, acid. Seriously, you did a good job!

Yeah, grammar probably.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 20 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #44

Token Girl
Group Icon

Fishdoll promises not to rat you out to han, acid. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 20 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #45

Berretti

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 20 2008, 05:15 PM) *
Fishdoll promises not to rat you out to han, acid.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Lol. The Fishdoll is on our side, of course.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:40 AM