han2503
post Feb 3 2018, 08:18 PM
Post #61

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2018, 09:17 PM) *
I respect Rino and would love to see him take charge. But in all honesty this team needs a real coach. Look at how Inter blossomed under Spalletti (while at the same time getting the specific Spalletti-looser touch). We really need a seasoned and experienced man to take charge - something Milan hasn't had in ages. Leonardo, Allegri (who turned out fine but limited), Seedorf, Inzaghi, Brocchi, Mihajlović, Montella - it's enough. Bring in someone who has actually won something and who has the know-how.

Agreed, it's what I've been saying for a while now. We have a decent bunch of players imo, the team is definitely the best we've had in a while in terms of quality. The problem is we haven't had a great coach since the Carlo days. We need someone who will be able to build a team with an identity

For me Conte would be my number 1 ahead of even Carlo.

If they're both unachievable I'd look at guys like Prandelli, Hiddink or maybe even Mancini

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2018, 09:34 PM) *
Agreed.

Our main targets should be Ancelotti and Conte. If we don't succeed in securing one of them we're already in trouble.

But the I would be willing to give a chance to coaches like Prandelli, Rijkaard (good God how low he fell), Ranieri, Mancini, Donadoni, etc.

Prandelli would be first pick for me in terms of that tier of coaches, he's not spectacular but he's a good tactician imo, I really liked what he did with Italy when he was coach

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 2 2018, 10:29 PM) *
Yeah, like, a decade ago.

Mancini is terrible, his second spell at Inter proved that. But I never liked him even in his heyday.

Prandelli hasn't coached a club successfully since the late 00s, and failed with Italy in 2014.

Rijkaard, as I said, has been AWOL for a decade.

Donadoni has been coaching low-table clubs his entire career.

On paper the first three might be more qualified than Mihajlovic and Montella, but I don't think they are any better solutions.

What's Hiddink doing these days? I've always really liked how he set his teams up, I remember playing his PSV side back in the day and they were a very tough team to play against
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 3 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #62

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I think Hiddink is too old. He's 71 and never played/coached in Serie A.

+Quote Post

William405
post Feb 4 2018, 10:17 AM
Post #63

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

"Milan are not Brad Pritt, they are as ugly as me and my beard"
Gattuso

I love it hahaha!

If by any chance someone has a stream, please put up the link. ^^

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 4 2018, 02:03 PM
Post #64

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Donnarumma; Abate, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Calabria; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Silva, Calhanoglu.

Save for Conti and Rodriguez who are injured, I think this is the first time we've played all our best signings altogether.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 4 2018, 03:12 PM
Post #65

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

What a goal from Suso

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Feb 4 2018, 03:13 PM
Post #66

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

What a goal by Suso!!!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 4 2018, 04:17 PM
Post #67

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I can't seem to find a decent stream for this one.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 4 2018, 04:52 PM
Post #68

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

That red killed us. Calabria really showed his inexperience there, such a needless and stupid foul to give away when already on a yellow

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 4 2018, 04:58 PM
Post #69

Primavera
Group Icon

Another pathetic performance overall.

Sure, Gattuso seems to be confident, honest and he brings out the best (at least partially) from our (limited) players. But this is where his inexperience becomes a problem. Unlike Montella he's able to pump up the team (something Montella also knew how to do in season 1) and if everything goes according to plan we're a solid team. But the moment trouble occur we're lost. We lack the kind of mechanisms that prevent us from going AWOL after taking an early lead. This mentality problem can only be solved by modern forward thinking football or an experienced coach.

The trouble is, I think Rino has (just like Brocchi and Pippo) learned from Carletto's trick book and I think this is were Ancelotti also had the most troubles: keeping the team spirit/mentality balanced and intact. But back then we had monsters like Ringo and true leaders like Paolo on the pitch to make this work.

Nowadays it's a simple routine. Milan start good, score, then become static and lazy and very soon completely ineffective. We invite the opposition to start pressuring and hand them a goal or two.

Sidenotes:
- we lack true quality in attack
- Silva is IMO not cut for the task; he's perhaps the biggest failure of our camaign
- we lack ideas in midfield

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 4 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #70

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 4 2018, 06:52 PM) *
That red killed us. Calabria really showed his inexperience there, such a needless and stupid foul to give away when already on a yellow

Stupid - yes.
Made things hard - yes.

But what killed us was our approach and mentality.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 4 2018, 05:17 PM
Post #71

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 4 2018, 04:59 PM) *
Stupid - yes.
Made things hard - yes.

But what killed us was our approach and mentality.

Sure we had already taken the foot off the gas before then, but going down a man when you're already struggling a bit is always going to be a killer blow

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 4 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #72

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Think we watched different games, IMHO Milan played rather well. The result didnt arrive, rather a bore draw, but that doesnt and shouldnt take away from the good performance the team had on display.

Calabria is young and these things happened to Nesta and Maldini. Silva is a talented young lad who needs Serie A experience, ie time. Otherwise the team as a whole is cementing a core and is showing signs of life in our beloved Milan.

How many games has Gattuso overseen since taking over? The guy is on a positive run, despite all the odds.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 4 2018, 08:31 PM
Post #73

Primavera
Group Icon

Man I admire your positive viewpoint. But mostly I can't agree.

Yes, Calabria made a stupid double yellow. On that we agree, he'll learn.

Gattuso has a solid record so far (6W, 4D, 3L) but not that he hasn't played any bigger team bar Lazio and that his goal difference is a mere +1 (15 goals in 13 matches is very low and perhaps our biggest problem).

I disagree on Silva. You can virtually say to anyone that he's "talented". But he's shown no true chemistry and value IMO; he lacks too much qualities/experience to became useful for us; just look at Cutrone and compare.

What did we exactly do good in this game? Apart from giving up on attacking and playing as a dominant team for most of the game?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 4 2018, 09:34 PM
Post #74

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 4 2018, 11:31 PM) *
Man I admire your positive viewpoint. But mostly I can't agree.

Yes, Calabria made a stupid double yellow. On that we agree, he'll learn.

Gattuso has a solid record so far (6W, 4D, 3L) but not that he hasn't played any bigger team bar Lazio and that his goal difference is a mere +1 (15 goals in 13 matches is very low and perhaps our biggest problem).

I disagree on Silva. You can virtually say to anyone that he's "talented". But he's shown no true chemistry and value IMO; he lacks too much qualities/experience to became useful for us; just look at Cutrone and compare.

What did we exactly do good in this game? Apart from giving up on attacking and playing as a dominant team for most of the game?

It's okay not to agree (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

On Gattuso mind you I was skeptical at first but he has shocked me! I mean here comes a warrior of a player who tries his trade as coach at tier 4 teams and doesn't do well. He comes to Milan - at the worst of timings - and manages to instill a sense of stability, establish a core for this brand new team, is doing much better than Montella.

Silva is marginal for me tbh, he needs Serie A experience. Maybe they should consider loaning him out.

Well, during Montella's days the team was a bunch of XI trying to get 3points. Today it was a team of 1 trying to get 3points. Sure it was clumsy at times like with the 2nd yellow card, but all in all I see a team alive, I can recognize a core within the team. That for me is something crucial. We are not debating a team consisting of Sheva, Seedorf, Pirlo and the likes those players on the field I would agree with you 100%. But with the team we have today, I would applaud this draw and wait for the team to form a stronger understanding. Maybe they reach the EL final. Maybe they win it.

There is always a chance, especially when you have a one team unit.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 4 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #75

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

One thing on Silva. The talent is very obviously there, he just hasn't adjusted to the team, which considering his very limited time on the pitch this season is understandable.

Once again, we're going to risk going down the route of overlooking a very bviously talented player because we couldn't afford to have some patience. Some players don't instantly click, Silva is obviously having a hard time, but giving up on him would be a major mistake, of Aubameyang level imo.

Kalinic is a far more experienced attacker not to mention having been in the league for a few years now and even he is finding it difficult to fit into this team because we simply haven't been able to really make that midfield and attack combine with each other very well. Our strikers just tend to look very isolated in general, Cutrone also struggles with this, it's not like he's banged in 20 goals either. My point here isn't to place blame on any single attacker, it's just to say that the team needs to be better in the attacking phase in general, and this starts with the midfield

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:12 PM