> Summer Transfers 2016

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 5 2016, 05:51 AM
Post #586

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 4 2016, 09:11 PM) *
Thank you for the information d'Arc. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

You are welcome William (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 5 2016, 06:02 AM
Post #587

Giovanissimi Nazionali

GdS: The offer of Milan to Maldini is the role of a techincal director, that would allow him to move in his territory, between the field and the market (with Mirabelli). But Maldini wants autonomy in his decisions. A role like Galliani and Leonardo (in PSG). In other words a strong figure that would have direct relations with the Chinese owners. Soon there will be another meeting with Fassone, where Maldini could give his answer. In case Maldini says 'No' the alternative remains Ambrosini, and perhaps Filippo Galli. Meanwhile Fassone will leave for China on mid-October to meet Li Yonghong.

According to CorSera, next week Fassone will fly to China for a series of meetings with the sponsors. He will return to Milan with 7-8 investors who will be presented to Silvio Berlusconi. And the names could also be revealed to the public.

Maldini for GdS: "I want to start off by saying that I respect Fassone a lot, who has a delicate task.. We met four times in one month. He told me I am their first and only choice and explained to me why."

Maldini: "If in the end I return? You should ask them. But it's possible, only with defined roles and by sharing the project. As was the case in the great Milan of Berlusconi. I'm not the one that should give an answer to them, but they should give me. I realize that I can seem like a complicated man, but this character and my approach to sport and life have led me to be who I am and who I was in the field. And then I am obliged to be so: THIS IS MILAN. IT IS NO JOKE."

Maldini: "It's not true that I want to bypass Fassone's role. Fassone is absolutely credible. With me he was very kind, he said really nice things. Economic reasons? Not true. We never talked about money. How we can quantify it before they tell me first what will be my role? In the four meetings we never passed the first hurdle."

Maldini: "I need to hear from them what they want from me. The work would be complicated but fascinating. I would leave the quiet life of these past years to get back in the game, so I have to know everything from the owners."

Maldini: "I asked to know the owners and to know directly from them what they expect from me. I want them to share their project with me. I just know that with me there will be Fassone and Mirabelli. I was told that the goal is to bring Milan among the top five clubs in the world. But that means working 24 hours a day. I am willing to do it, but I must know well how things are."

Maldini: "If there is a deadline for the answer? No, but in the coming days we will define everything in one way or another. I'm in no hurry. I would only like to know from them what they intend to do for the good of Milan. Then I'll put myself, the credibility, the attachment to the colors, the time, the sharing of a project and the work for this purpose."

Maldini: "If I put conditions? I don't know if I can say 'conditions', but they were looking for me and then it's right that I have asked for some things. There are two obstacles: the lack of a direct responsibility in the technical area and the lack of clarity for the role. Me as the technical director? Yes, but what does it mean? They have proposed a structure with Fassone as CEO, Mirabelli as the sporting director and me as the technical director. But the point is: what will I do? If me and Mirabelli manage the sporting part, what if we have a difference in views, then who decides? I can't have a role with someone else where it's 50-50."

Maldini: "The problems? I can't assume certain responsibilities without identifying the owners. I would like to know the owners, share the project, talk about strategies and listen to their objectives and guidelines. Who else I have met besides Fassone? David (Han Li), the vice-president of the fund, he is the only one that speaks English. But it was only a ten-minute chat. He told me he strongly wants me at Milan. We didn't go further."

Maldini: "My life and story is the basis for their decision. Everything I've done for Milan has an important weight. However, just of respect for my story, if I accept to enter in Milan I will do it only by following my ideals. I deeply love this club and I can help just by listening to my heart and my head. For the good of Milan I have to be myself."

Maldini: "And if in the end I have to be part of the club, I wish that the contacts with the owners, of course shared with Fassone are continuous and constructive. If you have to return to the top, it must be done together, with a shared project. It is also said that my negative response has already arrived: At the moment, I don't agree with the role proposed. I ask for respect, a respect that I deserve."

Maldini: "There has been talk of my inexperience. I would say that I have experience on a technical level. And its important the fact that I spent my life on the field with the Milan shirt, that I consider my first and unique skin, not my second skin. I would like to make one thing clear, without generating any kind of misunderstanding: any decision I had to take will be only and exclusively for the good of Milan.

Maldini: "It was said that I have high economic demands: I have not made any such request. I simply pointed that if I were to be entrusted with the technical area, it would be fair that I can make decisions autonomously. And this does not mean bypassing the role of Fassone."

Maldini: "If I put my heart and passion, because I know how I am, I would work 24 hours a day and 365 days a year for this cause. I want to work for a really serious project. I'm ready to change my life. I didn't look for Milan, but they looked for me. So I think that I have to talk to the new owners before making a final decision. It's a matter of principle and justice."

Maldini: "I see that my name is put a lot of time in false news or at least not verified. It's true that I met Fassone and Mirabelli in my house. I was told that the goal is to bring Milan, in five years, among top clubs in the world. So, in this case, my story as a man and a Milan player requires me to fully understand the ideas of the new owners. I need to hear it directly from them for a reason of consistency."

Chinese investments in European football clubs. #GdS
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=58A5BF44

Aubameyang: "Milan? I was always sent on loan, it was tough. Galliani told me during the last CL final: "I know you're not going to come back here soon, but if one day you'd like to, you'll be welcome". Then I answered him that I would do it with pleasure."

Milan and Juventus are interested in Benfica's left back Alex Grimaldo. #ABola

Albertini: "My name has been written so many times but I haven't had any contact. The tweet? Nothing against Mirabelli. I reiterated that I am part of Milan with heart. If I want to return to Milan? A director talks about things that happen and not about speculations. I had no contacts. With my tweet I did not say no or yes. It's been a long time since August 5 and I don't know the plans of Milan."

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 5 2016, 08:10 AM
Post #588

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Yeah. This is what I was afraid of.

TL;DR Maldini says,"Fassone is the CEO. Cool. But Mirabelli is Director of Sport. And I'm supposed to be Technical Director. What's the difference between the two?"

In other words, he has no intention of being a poster child for the fans while real business gets handled elsewhere.

Fassone went ahead and hired the Inter scout, so clearly he's made his mind up - and then he started looking around for a Milan guy to fill in a titular role?

In fact I'm confused myself - what's the difference between the two roles? And what sort of autonomy can Maldini have if he has to report to Mirabelli and Fassone?

I'm not even going to get into the question of IF Maldini is cut out to be technical director. Does he have the experience? No. Having played at only one club (albeit at a top top level) does he have the network with agents, scouts etc? No. Can he build all these up from scratch? Sure. But it will be tough and we don't know if he can succeed.

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 5 2016, 12:19 PM
Post #589

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Yeah, good point Jack.

I think Maldini is demanding the minimum here which is to know what his job will be and how will it be organized. I think it will do us good to bring back the legends such Maldini, but we the tricky part is the role that they will be assigned to!

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Oct 5 2016, 01:56 PM
Post #590

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

As much as I would like to see Milan legends like Maldini in prominent roles with our new management, these roles need to make sense. Not sure that asking for complete autonomy in a role for which he has zero experience is a reasonable request.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 5 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #591

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 5 2016, 09:10 AM) *
I'm not even going to get into the question of IF Maldini is cut out to be technical director. Does he have the experience? No. Having played at only one club (albeit at a top top level) does he have the network with agents, scouts etc? No. Can he build all these up from scratch? Sure. But it will be tough and we don't know if he can succeed.

This is why I don't mind it. I'd rather have Inter guys that know what they're doing, rather than bringing in a Milan guy because he's a Milan guy. That's how business fails.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 5 2016, 07:17 PM
Post #592

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Prandelli wants Montolivo at Valencia at January.
#TMW

Donadoni: "I've seen Maldini's demands for a Milan return and I think it's legitimate to know what exactly is he going to do. Being a former captain is important but there is also the reliability of the person. Paolo has all these characteristics."

Massimo Mirabelli in Milan... Official also in China.

Pescara's president: "Lapadula? He should play more before judging. However, if Milan sign another striker in January we are ready to bring him back."

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 5 2016, 08:30 PM
Post #593

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 4 2016, 07:17 PM) *
DO IT!

Anyway, those are very reassuring words from Han Li. It seems very obvious to me that these guys know what they're doing, and that they have the financial muscle that we've so desperately lacked in these last five years.

Really?

I think we could still get Fabregas easily off them without sacrificing DS in the process.

I'd really like to see us keep him, Calabria, Romagnoli and Donna as an intact foursome. 3 players coming out of our very own youth system and one brought in young and was able to grow with them as well. We could have a great defensive backline in about 2 to 3 years if these 4 continue improving at the rate they're currently doing.

Fabregas is basically surplus at Chelsea, Conte doesn't view him as an integral part of the team so we should pounce on that. We should be looking at other premier league sides as well who have players that are sitting on the bench and getting antsy. Maybe float a couple of loan + obligation deals and save the cash to buy a top class CB.

We should be looking a the situation of some of the Real players as well. Isco and Kovacic could be available.

These are the types of deals that we'll have to try and make for now. It's going to be difficult to attract top players straight away, even if we do have cash available. And having said this, I still don't expect us to have transfer windows ala PSG or City. I don't think we have that kind of financial muscle behind us, at least atm I'm not convinced we do

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 5 2016, 07:17 PM) *
Prandelli wants Montolivo at Valencia at January.
#TMW

Now this is what I'd respond with; DO IT!! with.

If we can get actual cash for him we'd be golden

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 5 2016, 09:34 PM
Post #594

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Or we could make Maldini vice-president like Zanetti is for Inter...

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 6 2016, 05:55 AM
Post #595

Giovanissimi Nazionali

CorSera: Paolo Maldini will not return to Milan. The interviews given by former captain of Milan had the function to make it clear to Fassone his thinking, and to close the possibilities of returning to Milan. So for the Chinese the reflection of Maldini has ended. Maldini (who had in his hands a written offer) knows the conditions, and the Chinese did not accept his choice to talk to the newspapers. They are also irritated. Maldini asked for full autonomy in his role and to interface directly with the Chinese owners and to not share anything with Mirabelli. In practice, it would be almost like the role of Fassone. Milan would continue to have a split (like it happened with Barbara & Galliani). The salary would be another problem for the parties. Maldini would have demanded a salary like the one of Galliani.

The role of the technical director with these competences was designed specifically for Maldini. If Maldini doesn't accept the offer, Sino-Europe will not afford the same role for any other former player. The idea of including in the club Ambrosini, Albertini or Baresi is not waned. But the offer would be a role like the one of Nedved at Juve: a director but not with the same power as Marotta and Paratici. #GdS

GdS: MaldiNo!
The ex-captain irritates the Chinese. No agreement with Milan.
And now Fassone is thinking about another legend but with a minor role.

What Sino Europe offered to Maldini according to GdS:
1. To make decisions in sporting area with Fassone and Mirabelli.
2. Define the guidelines for the youth sector.
3. Take part in some of the negotiations with Fassone's request.
4. Represent Milan in institutions like UEFA and ECA.
5. Manage the relations between the club and the team.
6. Be a reference of the team, present in the training.
7. Travel with the team in away games.
8. Become an ambassador of the club.
9. Manage the insertion of the new players who arrive.
10. Supervise the compliance with the regulation.

Maldini will likely not be part of Milan according to GdS.
The problems are:
1. Sino Europe did not like the choice of Maldini to talk about his situation, as if between the parties there's an agreement for silence.
2. Maldini asked to know the investors despite meeting Han Li, who felt a bit snubbed.
3. The offer and demand, in economic point of view.

CorSport: Milan, Maldi...No!
Former Milan captain is determined to reject the offer, he wants a commanding role.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 6 2016, 07:16 AM
Post #596

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Come on Paolo, why so greedy? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Oct 6 2016, 10:07 AM
Post #597

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 5 2016, 09:30 PM) *
Really?

I think we could still get Fabregas easily off them without sacrificing DS in the process.

I'd really like to see us keep him, Calabria, Romagnoli and Donna as an intact foursome. 3 players coming out of our very own youth system and one brought in young and was able to grow with them as well. We could have a great defensive backline in about 2 to 3 years if these 4 continue improving at the rate they're currently doing.

Fabregas is basically surplus at Chelsea, Conte doesn't view him as an integral part of the team so we should pounce on that. We should be looking at other premier league sides as well who have players that are sitting on the bench and getting antsy. Maybe float a couple of loan + obligation deals and save the cash to buy a top class CB.

We should be looking a the situation of some of the Real players as well. Isco and Kovacic could be available.

These are the types of deals that we'll have to try and make for now. It's going to be difficult to attract top players straight away, even if we do have cash available. And having said this, I still don't expect us to have transfer windows ala PSG or City. I don't think we have that kind of financial muscle behind us, at least atm I'm not convinced we do

Now this is what I'd respond with; DO IT!! with.

If we can get actual cash for him we'd be golden

Not convinced about Fabregas, feels like he no longer plays at the same level as the past. Do we really want another has-been? Hoping this approach will end the moment Galliani is fone.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Oct 6 2016, 10:10 AM
Post #598

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 6 2016, 08:16 AM) *
Come on Paolo, why so greedy? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Not impressed by Paolo, can't blame the new owners from backing out.

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 6 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #599

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Really, greedy? I don't think it is an appropriate word at all. Oh well.

This post has been edited by William405: Oct 6 2016, 01:02 PM

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 6 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #600

Giovanissimi Nazionali

According Il Giornale there is a big discrepancy in Maldini offer for the job. The new owners are offering 600 thousand euro, Maldini request is €3m.

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 38 39 40 41 42 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:31 PM