> Palermo-Milan 30/11/08, Serie A week 14

Tennie
post Nov 29 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #16

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Hrm. Well, Gazzetta got it wrong. Here are the call ups from acmilan.com's italian page:

MILANELLO - Questi i 21 convocati di Carlo Ancelotti per la gara contro il Palermo:
Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Cardacio, Emerson, Flamini, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Pato, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

Giocatori indisponibili: Nesta, Borriello, Gattuso

Anyone know what's wrong with Gattuso?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Nov 29 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 29 2008, 01:29 PM) *
Hrm. Well, Gazzetta got it wrong. Here are the call ups from acmilan.com's italian page:

MILANELLO - Questi i 21 convocati di Carlo Ancelotti per la gara contro il Palermo:
Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Cardacio, Emerson, Flamini, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Pato, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

Giocatori indisponibili: Nesta, Borriello, Gattuso

oh bad flamini-pilro-ambro in mid then

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Nov 29 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

Think he may be rested , which then Carlo might play Emerson again

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 29 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #19

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Nov 29 2008, 06:43 PM) *
Think he may be rested , which then Carlo might play Emerson again

Prepare for the worse, then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) In fact, run for hills if you can.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 29 2008, 04:20 PM
Post #20

Token Girl
Group Icon

All things being equal, I'd be a lot less worried about a Flamini-Pirlo-Ambro midfield. That said, I'd prefer something approximating han's lineup with 2 strikers though...well, our record against Palermo away isn't particularly good. Even so, going all out attack would be something they wouldn't expect. And gosh, it'd be a really refreshing change. Pato-Pippo or Pato-Sheva up front.

For guys who watched the Portsmouth game, how did Shevchenko do?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 29 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 29 2008, 04:20 PM) *
All things being equal, I'd be a lot less worried about a Flamini-Pirlo-Ambro midfield. That said, I'd prefer something approximating han's lineup with 2 strikers though...well, our record against Palermo away isn't particularly good. Even so, going all out attack would be something they wouldn't expect. And gosh, it'd be a really refreshing change. Pato-Pippo or Pato-Sheva up front.

For guys who watched the Portsmouth game, how did Shevchenko do?

He did well at first, but faded as time went on.

But like I said in the Portsmouth thread, he was played as a winger mostly, constantly changing flanks and trying to cross to Pippo. Carlo said himself that Sheva is not a winger, then why is he playing him on the wings?

+Quote Post

amancik
post Nov 29 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #22

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

Pato and Shevchenko could be a good partnership. Shevchenko was played on the wing, he was ineffective.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Nov 29 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #23

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (amancik @ Nov 29 2008, 03:50 PM) *
Shevchenko was played on the wing, he was ineffective.

my perception may be a little different but i thought Sheva was moving wide of his own accord just looking for the ball and trying to give a different option than just down the middle, as he started the game off beside Pippo and as the game wore on moved around the pitch trying to make things happen....i maybe wrong its just how i saw it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Nov 30 2008, 01:49 AM
Post #24

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 29 2008, 05:01 AM) *
Why is Kaladze forgiven and played again every time he makes a costly mistake? not all of our players are treated that way.

+1

(Oh, and Didafan thanks Fishdoll for the postcard.) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by MizNelson: Nov 30 2008, 01:50 AM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 30 2008, 01:57 AM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

29/11/2008 18:53
Ballardini Thinks Milan Will Win Scudetto

Palermo coach Davide Ballardini talked about tomorrow night's game against Milan, whom he considers to be the favorites for this season's Serie A title...

Palermo have won just one of their last seven games, which might not be the best kind of situation any team would want to be in when preparing to face the Milan side of Ronaldinho, Kaká, Pippo Inzaghi, and Andriy Shevchenko. However, coach Davide Ballardini hopes his team take this opportunity to turn over a new leaf in their topsy-turvy season.

"If we manage to repeat the first half of the match against Inter we would be on the right track, that is the attitude we need to have," he said. "When you are playing against a team full of skilful players, it's important to stay close together and deny them space."

Although Kaká will be missing for this particular match, Ronaldinho will be available and the Brazilian Ballon D'Or winner will certainly be the biggest threat for the Rosanero. However, Ballardini denied he is preparing to give him any special treatment.

"We won't do anything different to stop one of their players, Milan have many resources," he continued. "If Palermo play to their best it can have a chance against teams like this. We will need to avoid making fouls on the edge of the area, we know they are very dangerous from there. Aside from Ronaldinho, there's [Clarence] Seedorf, [Andrea] Pirlo, and [Marek] Jankulovski."

Palermo will once again be able to count on the support of a boisterous home crowd as the stadium will be packed on Sunday evening.

"The fact that the stadium will be full is very positive, it will help us to give everything we've got," the coach commented. "It's also an extra responsibility to play in front of a packed stadium. However, Milan's away form, which isn't as good as their home form, doesn't make it easier for us. They will do everything to invert this trend.

"I think Milan are going to win the Scudetto, compared to Inter and Juventus they are not in the Champions League, and they are a team that was built to win the title."

Currently Milan sit three points below leaders Inter, after recently dropping points away to Lecce and Torino, while Palermo are in 11th place.

Danilo Pochini, Goal.com

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 30 2008, 02:15 AM
Post #26

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 29 2008, 02:29 PM) *

Here's the link - Yahoo!Italia

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 30 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Gazzetta.it have the xmas tree with Seedorf and Dinho supporting Pato as the predicted line up, expect a draw if this is the case. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

amancik
post Nov 30 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #28

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

If Carlo plays Seedorf and R80 as attacking midfielders, he is officially a moron.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 30 2008, 12:17 PM
Post #29

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2008, 03:00 PM) *
Gazzetta.it have the xmas tree with Seedorf and Dinho supporting Pato as the predicted line up, expect a draw if this is the case. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

We'll see tonight if having to play Christmas tree is due to having Dinho and Kaka or Carlo's love for it!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 30 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #30

Token Girl
Group Icon

Y'know, I don't have a problem with people disliking the coach's choices - I don't like 'em some of the time either - but the namecalling is getting a little old.

That said, Mediaset is at least reporting a centerback pairing of Bonera-Maldini, which I find more comforting than one that includes any Georgians.

I'd prefer something like:
Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Maldini Jankulovski
Ambrosini Pirlo Seedorf
Ronaldinho
Pato Pippo

Unfortunately, it sounds like we'll see the christmas tree with no Pippo and Flamini in the midfield.

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:19 PM