> Atalanta - Milan -- 26/10/08, Giornata 8

gal_kenny
post Oct 26 2008, 07:29 PM
Post #196

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Oct 26 2008, 04:21 PM) *
we might go down to 5th if Fiorentina win tonight but they are playing away in Palermo so lets hop Palermo win !!!!

There's been a miscalculation..Last week we had the same points with Fiorentina so i don't understand how they'll be higher than us..Beside ESPN is making a mistake, We've lost 2 games and drawn 1..but it says we've drawn two games and lost 2 games (saying that we've played 9 games instead of 8 games)...Check it out

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/results?...a.1&cc=3888

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=ita.1&cc=3888

This post has been edited by gal_kenny: Oct 26 2008, 07:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

YoungGun
post Oct 26 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #197

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 154

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 26 2008, 06:00 PM) *
Yeah, but we played great footbal that season and it was a rarity that we had a bad game. You would have never seen us playing with 3 defensive mids against a team like Atalanta. Our bad games were just that, an odd night when things aren't going your way. These days our bad games are because of the bad decisions made by Carlo had we played with another striker and taken off one of the DMFs we would have closed this game earlier

Just my sweet memories (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I and my friend have a coffee in a bar watching our matches. Many matches we drawed until very last mins and everybody said (they're not Rossoneri) it must be a draw but we laughed and told them no matter what Milan would score at 92th min, and we always were right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 26 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #198

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,072

This reminds of past seasons were we struggled in games but still won, i know we'd all like to see bella calcio every game but it's impossible..to grind out wins when playing badly is a good sign. even under Fabio Capello we didn't play great football and still won things, just shows the importance to me of Pirlo (like we didn't know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ) my only critizism is the failure of coach Carlo to trust the youngsters sometime. Of course we have worldclass senior players but when they are injured or suspended then is the time to take a gamble on a yonger player and a game at Atalanta would be a good place to try. A win is a win and hopefully the squad will be in better shape come wednesday
forza Milan!

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Oct 26 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #199

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/seriea/standings

these standings appear to be correct

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 26 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #200

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 26 2008, 09:54 PM) *
This reminds of past seasons were we struggled in games but still won, i know we'd all like to see bella calcio every game but it's impossible..to grind out wins when playing badly is a good sign. even under Fabio Capello we didn't play great football and still won things, just shows the importance to me of Pirlo (like we didn't know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ) my only critizism is the failure of coach Carlo to trust the youngsters sometime. Of course we have worldclass senior players but when they are injured or suspended then is the time to take a gamble on a yonger player and a game at Atalanta would be a good place to try. A win is a win and hopefully the squad will be in better shape come wednesday
forza Milan!

The squad is jelling well together and I think come Dec, the team would reach its optimal level.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 26 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #201

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Gazzetta shows us as 4th and the Viola 5th (currently, with the Viola up 2 on Palermo). Same points but Milan has better goal differential.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Oct 26 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #202

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Here's Goal.com's usual lopsided ratings.

Milan

Abbiati – 8.0: Brilliant in goal today. He dealt with everything that Atalanta threw at him, and was undoubtedly the difference between the two sides this afternoon.

Zambrotta – 6.0: A professional performance by the right back today, who went about his business in a respectable manner, but failed to have any major impact throughout.

Bonera – 5.5: Didn’t do much wrong, but was caught out a few times by the pace of the Atalanta attacking plays.

Maldini – 5.5: Similar to his partner at the back, the Milan legend was fairly solid throughout the match, however his lack of pace allowed the likes of Doni and Floccari in particular, a numerous amount of chances to break the deadlock in the early stages.

Jankulovski – 6.0: Worked hard at both ends of the park today, however he faded out of the contest as the match wore on.

Gattuso – 6.5: A typical Gattuso performance, as he got stuck in, and did the hard work for his side today. As is so often the case, he picked up a yellow card for a tough challenge in the second half, and unfortunately he was forced to withdraw with what looked to be a slight injury with a few minutes remaining.

Flamini – 5.5: Lasted just 30 minutes before being taken from the field with a thigh injury. Had a decent opening to the match, in which he made a number of crucial interceptions.

Ambrosini – 6.5: Credit must be given to this man for his work rate today, as despite not setting the world on fire on the ball, he was the one player to offer support to his team mates, and at both ends of the park, for the entire 90 minutes of play.

Ronaldinho – 5.0: The former Barcelona man was simply ineffectual today, as he failed to have any impact on proceedings whatsoever. Failed to work well alongside Kaka, and the team actually improved when he was taken from the field.

Kaka – 7.0: Not at his absolute best, but still managed to score the all important winning goal after 80 minutes, to take his team closer to the top of the table.

Borriello – 7.5: Undoubtedly the most dangerous attacking player in the Milan line-up today. He was impressive right from the onset, as he continuously worked hard and made numerous runs, for no reward whatsoever. He provided Kaka with the assist, to cap off a great individual performance.

What exactly did Abbiati do to warrant an 8? I followed the match on R&B and he was hardly mentioned at all.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 26 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #203

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

He didn't deserve an 8. Something like a 6-6.5 (Italian rating scale, which is lower than the english one) would be accurate, I think. He was solid in goal but didn't have a whole bunch of really spectacular saves to make.

It's interesting that everyone's giving Borriello MOM honors.

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Oct 26 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #204

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

IMO everyone was pretty poor. Gattuso was pretty good breaking up balls... and Borriello and Kaka had that one great play, but that was it for the whole team.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Oct 26 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #205

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 26 2008, 01:12 PM) *
The squad is jelling well together and I think come Dec, the team would reach its optimal level.

Finally, someone who uses (and spells) the word "jelling" correctly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

PatitoFeo
post Oct 28 2008, 01:13 AM
Post #206

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 4,159

BOrriello had good pressure, but goal.com's rankings are like going to a new age highschool: everybody gets A's, so eventually an A means nothing. This game was ugly, but great teams can win pretty some days, and grind out victory others.

An away win is always welcome

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 30 2008, 08:59 AM
Post #207

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 24 2008, 05:39 PM) *
Are you one of our lucky match thread openers?

That'll be me with 1/1 wins so far. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Thank you, please drive through.

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Oct 27 2008, 03:11 AM) *
Finally, someone who uses (and spells) the word "jelling" correctly.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:37 PM