Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atalanta - Milan -- 26/10/08
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Tennie
Milan take the trip to Bergamo to face Atalanta this Sunday.

The game will be at 3pm, Italy time.

The team has just returned from the Netherlands (1pm Friday) and will be going directly to Milanello for training.

Stefano Farina will be refereeing the game.

Here's Mediaset's projected lineup:
Milan (4-3-2-1): Abbiati; Zambrotta, Nesta, Maldini, Jankulovski; Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf; Kakà, Ronaldinho; Borriello

Here's Gazzetta's:
Abbiati; Zambrotta, Nesta, Maldini, Jankulovski; Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf; Kakà, Ronaldinho; Borriello

First time in a while that they've both been in agreement. It's good to see Nesta's name back in the squad!
Jack Sparrow
Are you one of our lucky match thread openers? unsure.gif
Zed.D
Please, no Christmas tree.
Zed.D
I mean everyone thinks we were playing with two strikers against Samp while we were not. for some reasons Carlo had told Pato to play deeper, maybe somehow fill Kaka's empty place. we weren't playing with two genuine strikers. the same will be the case for Kaka-Ronaldinho-Borriello. it's playing two trequartistas behind a target man. it's not two-striker formation... Ronaldinho is not a striker.
Jack Sparrow
He can play SS, I think. At least the Ronaldinho of old could. F@ck, that man was a monster. He could play CAM, LF, SS, and sometimes all three together.
Zed.D
Key word: could!

Right now he's still not in that condition IMO. I mean you still don't feel you're guaranteed goals when he's playing. but he can make an assist any moment.
That's why I think Kaka-Dinho-Borriello is not 1-2 but 2-1!
Jack Sparrow
Yeah it's 2-1. But I think the difference is that neither Kaka nor Ronaldinho are treqqies(excuse me bastardising) in the classic Rui Costa sense. They're goal scoring mids (Or Galliani's 'attackers' vs 'strikers' thing biggrin.gif). So in theory, having the stereotypical hard target man in Borriello should play to the strengths of this particular formation, as opposed to the old disastrous 4-3-2-1 which depended on a goal poacher trying to get physical with the defenders. Since the classic target man messes the defenders positioning, and often gives the mids time to get into the play.

Slightly veering off course, I was thinking about this 4-3-2-1/4-3-1-2 which we play and doing a before-after analysis with Rui in the system. Remember how we were saying Sheva was dropping in goal form when we sold him. Of course he was an effective cog in the system but he wasn't the White Ronaldo he used to be.

Before we put it down to age, I was just wondering how much of it is down to emergence of Kaka over Rui and the difference in their playing styles.

Earlier Rui used to play behind Sheva, and Rui's complete play was on making assists. He was not a natural goalscorer like Kaka. And ShevaPippo was just given stuff on a plate. This along with Seedorf and Pirlo also being creative. But with the emergence of Kaka, could we say the service line was stretched thin? Not in a negative way. But I often feel Kaka while a superb player is not a pure playmaker like Rui. He often goes for an opportunity on goal if he thinks he has a chance as opposed to Rui who's more into finding an opening to put Sheva through. How many of Sheva's goals used to be off those through balls!

Basically I think Kaka as a goalscoring mid is less likely to play with his focal point as the strikers. And similarly when Kaka is also a goalscoring threat, Seedorf and Pirlo are also less likely to keep servicing the forwards alone.

My point is, that while this change in gameplay style (without the change in formation) may not have affected Pippo's chances much, but perhaps has an impact on Sheva (him being the type of player he is). So maybe Sheva was not just dropping due to age, but also a change in tactics.

Just a thought....I'm not saying either system was better. Since we still got goals...but just a harmless analysis that's all.

Of course I don't have the stats, so this could just be a baseless theory.
Zed.D
Earlier Rui used to play behind Sheva, and Rui's complete play was on making assists. He was not a natural goalscorer like Kaka. And ShevaPippo was just given stuff on a plate. This along with Seedorf and Pirlo also being creative. But with the emergence of Kaka, could we say the service line was stretched thin? Not in a negative way. But I often feel Kaka while a superb player is not a pure playmaker like Rui. He often goes for an opportunity on goal if he thinks he has a chance as opposed to Rui who's more into finding an opening to put Sheva through. How many of Sheva's goals used to be off those through balls!

How many of Pippo's goals came from Kaka's assists? I'd say MANY. I also remember many unselfish moves by Kaka when he would pass the ball to Pippo to bury it in, while he could do it himself. in other words he used to carry the ball from midfield inside the opponent's box and hand the opportunity to another striker, mainly Pippo. he has a different style than Rui, sure, but I think the number of assists could prove the service line was not stretched thin after Kaka replaced Rui. he just makes a LOT of assists every season. I'd be happy if someone provided those stats.

I agree with the reason of Sheva's decline. he needs to become a Pippo or he will continue his Chelsea form in Milan too (goalscoring-wise).
Jack Sparrow
Like I said...I wasn't saying Kaka is selfish. Just that since he's also a better shot taker than Rui, if both players are presented the same opportunity... I think Rui would have a 60% chance of putting the strikers clean and a 40% chance of taking the shot, while it might be vice versa for Kaka, since they are different players. As a result Kaka would take the shot while Rui would put Sheva through. This was the crux of my argument.

And as for your Pippo point. It's true. But then it was true earlier as well. Since Pippo is a box-loiterer the chances of him getting an assist from Kaka and Rui are the same. As opposed to Sheva who is more connected to the rest of the game.

I mentioned this in my post...

My point is, that while this change in gameplay style (without the change in formation) may not have affected Pippo's chances much, but perhaps has an impact on Sheva (him being the type of player he is). So maybe Sheva was not just dropping due to age, but also a change in tactics.
TriniKing_CE
Jack, I understand what you are trying to say with regards to the differences between Kaka and Rui's style of play!
Jack Sparrow
If you'll give me your address, I'll mail you a personally autographed T-Shirt. tongue.gif

Thanks bro.. wink.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 24 2008, 11:03 AM) *
If you'll give me your address, I'll mail you a personally autographed T-Shirt. tongue.gif

Thanks bro.. wink.gif

Haha - it can work both ways Captain (I might consider doing the same)
or I might just send you one of these cookies I have pilled up over time from a fish doll. laugh.gif
CrazyMilanFan
r80 should be playing much closer to goal it will be more like 4-3-1-2 or may be 4-3-3 sort with kaka and r80 playing wide forwards/wing forwards
Darunia
Milan has a poor record @ Atalanta, hopefully that doesn't continue.
Bluesummers
i agree with formation. Pato should sit down for a few games. He is overused and it will damage his future. Besides that he doesnt do anything on the field when put on. He needs to settle down and find his rythm again. Dinho is getting his form back while kaka is on his way to ballon d'or nominee.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Oct 25 2008, 01:08 AM) *
he doesnt do anything on the field when put on.

Where does that come from? huh.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 24 2008, 03:42 PM) *
Where does that come from? huh.gif

The game against Fiorentina last season.
Darunia
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Oct 24 2008, 03:38 PM) *
i agree with formation. Pato should sit down for a few games. He is overused and it will damage his future. Besides that he doesnt do anything on the field when put on. He needs to settle down and find his rythm again. Dinho is getting his form back while kaka is on his way to ballon d'or nominee.

I dont think he's overused.. he's played a total of like 65 minutes the last two games..
Zed.D
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Oct 25 2008, 03:26 AM) *
The game against Fiorentina last season.

Hehe, bingo cool.gif

Or last season's final matchday, against Udinese wink.gif
Tennie
Carletto gave his prematch press conference. It's unusually long, even for him. Highlights:
* Kaladze, Pirlo, and Senderos are still not available
* Maldini, Jankulovski, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Borriello, and Ronaldinho will play
* Nesta's available even though he's not match fit
* There'll be 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, and 2 attackers on the bench. There's communication on the team and the guys are understanding if they have to be in the stands for a game.
Zed.D
Senderos's unavailability is pissing me off!! I thought it could turn out a good move but not if he's going to be on the sidelines forever!
Ry4n
Oh Atalanta again !! my prediction is 2 -1 Borriello and Sheva on the score sheet !
amancik
I hate Atalanta! 1-0 win for Milan.
Tennie
There was a special VIP at Milanello today: Serginho paid a visit and was applauded by all.

Here are the call ups:

Abbiati, Dida, Kalac;
Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Zambrotta;
Ambrosini, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso;
Borriello, Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

No Nesta.

Ry4n
Cheers Tennie should be a good one !!
milanista1899
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 25 2008, 02:11 PM) *
* There'll be 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, and 2 attackers on the bench. There's communication on the team and the guys are understanding if they have to be in the stands for a game.

So 1 of Pippo, Pato or Sheva should be in the stands.

Sergio! cry.gif wub.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 25 2008, 02:59 PM) *
There was a special VIP at Milanello today: Serginho paid a visit and was applauded by all.

Here are the call ups:

Abbiati, Dida, Kalac;
Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Zambrotta;
Ambrosini, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso;
Borriello, Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

No Nesta.

Seedorf in the attackers sheet p!sses me off to no end dry.gif
CrazyMilanFan
i think kaka will also play so ka-bo-ro upfront while in midfield either flamini/rino one of them bonera and zambrotta in defence so that will mean 2 defenders 2 midfielder and 3 stikers on bench so one stiker wont make the bench
Darunia
My predicted lineup/bench:

Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Maldini Jankulovski
Gattuso Seedorf Ambrosini
Kaka Ronaldinho
Borriello

Dida, Antonini, Favalli, Emerson, Flamini, Pato, Inzaghi

which happens to be the same as Gazzetta btw tongue.gif
mishie
QUOTE (Darunia @ Oct 25 2008, 08:21 PM) *
Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Maldini Jankulovski
Gattuso Seedorf Ambrosini
Kaka Ronaldinho
Borriello

Dida, Antonini, Favalli, Emerson, Flamini, Pato, Inzaghi

i agree would like to see Flamini get some more game time over Ambrosini would be my choice wink.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 25 2008, 02:22 PM) *
i agree would like to see Flamini get some more game time over Ambrosini would be my choice wink.gif

I agree. Ambrosini is not bad. He has been doing good. But Flamini is better than him and it shows. I also think Ambro is a bit exhausted. He has been one of our most featured player for the past couple of years...
Darunia
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 25 2008, 03:22 PM) *

Flamini started the last two games and Ambro was rested, so Carlo will do a little rotation. Plus there is a game on Wed so Flamini will probably start that one.
TriniKing_CE
Sure does feel good being able to be a bit lazy again with Tennie back with all the latest news tongue.gif

Btw - it sucks tha Nesta isn't avaliabe anymore, then again, I guess if its a case of him not being fully 100% its proberly for the best!
Bluesummers
look at walcott guys and look at pato. Heres where wenger is a genius and carlo is just a tactics coach. Walcot plays half the games pato does and in reality will not burn out as fast as pato will. I think him sitting on the bench is good in the long run. Players like inzaghi sheva wont last the season. half at max. boriello it is to early to judge. Pato will be influential if he is used properly. IF we put him on every match hes going to get shut down and shut down and lose confidence in his game. We know his ability, its not like gourcuff where he didnt recieve a chance. carlo knows pato and will play him when the time is right.
Zed.D
We have a coach that thinks this way:

I cannot guarantee him [Pato] that he can play constantly. Neither him, nor any other. Whoever comes to Milan therefore knows that here there is no time to wait for the players who must improve to their use.

He simply doesn't believe in developing a talent! alright with me, but they better stop buying youngsters and destroying their careers. why the **** did you agree to buy Viudez and Cardacio when you believe that they're not 'ready' to play for Milan and Milan doesn't have 'time' to wait for them?? why isn't Darmian getting a single minute not even in UEFA Cup, not even when we're leading 3-0?? how can he improve and become 'ready' to play for Milan when he's always on the bench or playing in friendlies that other players just don't give a damn about??... why didn't you let him at least stay with the Primavera and play regularly there??
You're so sad, Master Tactician!
han2503
^^^^

Exactly

And what really p!sses me off is that he says no one in the team has their place assured, let alone the young ones, but we all know that that's pur bull sh!t. Rino, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ambro, Kaladze, all of these have an assured place on the first 11 no matter how they play, or in Kaladze's case no matter how many times he ****s up. Sometime I just can't stand Carlo's sellf righteous attitude.
milanisti
i think we will win 2-0 or 2-1 biggrin.gif
Zed.D
I'm not optimistic about this game...
CrazyMilanFan
i hate atlanta i hope we just get the 3 points
Mook
This is one of those games which will tell us whether were actually serious contenders for the scudetto. This is definitely one of those danger games, but I'll stay optimistic and tip a 3-1 win.
elcordobez
Does anyone have a working stream?

nvm i'm an idiot starts in an hour

CrazyMilanFan
bet365.com will show the game
Darunia
No seedorf, i'm confused, is he injured? He didn't play midweek. 3 DMFs
Tennie
Gazzetta's play by play lists Seedorf as starting?
Darunia
I hope so
CrazyMilanFan

ATALANTA: Coppola; Garics, Talamonti, Manfredini, Bellini; Ferreira Pinto, Cigarini, Guarente, Padoin; Doni; Floccari.
MILAN: Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Ambrosini, Flamini; Kakà, Ronaldinho; Borriello.
CrazyMilanFan
no seedrof 3 DMs
Tennie
Is that from acmilan.com, CMF?
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 26 2008, 01:33 PM) *
Is that from acmilan.com, CMF?

yea
Tennie
Hrm. Well, they're the authority. Gazzetta's lineups are usually right but not always.

3DMs. Oy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.