> Mexès, Philippe Mexès

KillerMax
post Jan 21 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #106

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 21 2014, 12:10 PM) *
Mexes has discipline issued yes, but people here make it sound like he gets sent off every other week. He's had something like an average of 1 or 2 red cards per season, which is not exactly a picture of what you guys are implying. Sure he can lose his head once in a blue moon ala what he did at Juve, but that's a rare thing and I'm willing to put up with it because we have no one of his quality on our roster. And if Rami flops, we're absolutely, 100% f@cked over big time!

Precisely.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jan 21 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #107

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 21 2014, 11:51 AM) *
I disagree with that part. If that were true, you would be hearing statements of letting Mexes go to bring in Bonucci and/or Barzagli.

What?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 21 2014, 06:36 PM
Post #108

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

You implied that his being non-Italian had something to do with his lack of support from fans. I didn't think that was the case.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jan 21 2014, 06:39 PM
Post #109

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 21 2014, 07:06 PM) *
Just ask yourself, how many horrendous games has Mexes had in the past 3 seasons? Then ask yourself the same questions about Bonera\Zapata\Silvestre etc...

Mexes is a good defender. The only reason he gets so much flak as opposed to the likes of Barzagli or Bonucci is because he is not an Italian defender. Had he been so, people would be lining up to suck his ****.

lol, no way; such a weak statement

Zapata is our best central defender, not Mexes.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 21 2014, 06:41 PM
Post #110

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 21 2014, 06:36 PM) *
You implied that his being non-Italian had something to do with his lack of support from fans. I didn't think that was the case.

I don't think it's about support from the fans, it's about being acknowledged for your quality, and while Barzagli and Bonucci are hyped up for no reason because they're Italian Mexes is underrated, when in reality he's better than both.

The fact that Giorgio - manhandle - Chiellini is considered the best CB Italy has to offer speaks volumes of the quality of CBs coming out of the country these days

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 21 2014, 06:43 PM
Post #111

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 21 2014, 06:39 PM) *

Zapata is our best central defender, not Mexes.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Zapata? The player who single handedly cost us a probably total of more than 9 points this season thanks to his errors alone? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Be real now!!

Your personal dislike for Mexes is clouding your judgment BIG TIME!!

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jan 21 2014, 06:44 PM
Post #112

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 21 2014, 08:43 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Zapata? The player who single handedly cost us a probably total of more than 9 points this season thanks to his errors alone? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Be real now!!

Your personal dislike for Mexes is clouding your judgment BIG TIME!!

Without Allegri and Mexes, but with Seedorf, Zapata will let you eat your words later.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jan 21 2014, 07:45 PM
Post #113

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 21 2014, 12:39 PM) *

Go f@ck yourself.

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Jan 21 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #114

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 21 2014, 03:10 PM) *
Mexes has discipline issued yes, but people here make it sound like he gets sent off every other week. He's had something like an average of 1 or 2 red cards per season, which is not exactly a picture of what you guys are implying. Sure he can lose his head once in a blue moon ala what he did at Juve, but that's a rare thing and I'm willing to put up with it because we have no one of his quality on our roster. And if Rami flops, we're absolutely, 100% f@cked over big time!

I sort of agree with you, I like Mexès, but that is definitely why people don't like him so much around here.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jan 21 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #115

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 21 2014, 12:36 PM) *

I get that. But didn't get the part to do with us being linked with Bonucci or Barzagli...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 21 2014, 07:52 PM
Post #116

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

So half a season played in a bad fashion undoes everything Zapata has done good last season?

Maybe. But not for me. I still think he can make it and become more reliable. This is a special season where almost every of our players flopped and showed his bad sides rather then the good ones.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 21 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #117

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 21 2014, 06:06 PM) *
Mexes is a good defender. The only reason he gets so much flak as opposed to the likes of Barzagli or Bonucci is because he is not an Italian defender. Had he been so, people would be lining up to suck his ****.

I agree to an extent and I do think he's as good as Bonucci. He's not as good as Barzagli though based on the last few years.

Mexes-Zapata partnership annoys me, because they could make a pretty damn good partnership, it just seems like every game one of them will make a huge mistake.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jan 21 2014, 08:14 PM
Post #118

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 21 2014, 10:10 PM) *
Yep, let's sell our most established CB and bring in some unknown from the Brazilian league...

Considering Seedorf played with him , has the clout to bring him to us , hes young , cheap , could be the next big thing is highly rated in Brazil to move to a big european club after the world cup , Mexes is leaving we cannot pay for an established centre back and won't be in the near future so we have the Rami's coming in which are still not quality more so then Mexes is... this is the times we live in you buy young and cheap and sell them on later. So yeah if we sell Mexes i would rather we bring in someone like Doria or Bianchetti from Verona but he will cost more then Doria.

This post has been edited by Ry4n: Jan 21 2014, 08:19 PM

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 21 2014, 09:02 PM
Post #119

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 21 2014, 10:03 PM) *
I agree to an extent and I do think he's as good as Bonucci. He's not as good as Barzagli though based on the last few years.

Mexes-Zapata partnership annoys me, because they could make a pretty damn good partnership, it just seems like every game one of them will make a huge mistake.

+1

They had a string of good games if I remember last year, I think. Hopefully, it'll work again.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 21 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #120

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 21 2014, 06:44 PM) *
Without Allegri and Mexes, but with Seedorf, Zapata will let you eat your words later.

Lol, what does Seedorf have to do with Zapata making mistakes equivalent to those made on the school yard? This is one area where even Allegri cannot be blamed. Zapata has been a player who's made some horrible individual mistakes this season. That's a fact. Not only has he made these mistakes in the league but he's also made them in the CL (That ridiculous mistake against Barca when he went up with the ball and passed it straight to Iniesta)

Mexes helped Zapata have a great first year with us, that's the reason why we conceded the least amount of goals in the second half of last season. Mexes spent nearly this entire season covering Zapata's @ss and his ridiculous mistakes

And I'll eat my words? Yes, sure, I'll eat them as soon as we have another shocker with the Bonera-Zapata starting combo like we did at Sassuolo

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 21 2014, 07:52 PM) *
So half a season played in a bad fashion undoes everything Zapata has done good last season?

Maybe. But not for me. I still think he can make it and become more reliable. This is a special season where almost every of our players flopped and showed his bad sides rather then the good ones.

No it doesn't, he's a good defender, but ideally he'd be third choice behind the better 2 CBs which as it stands are technically speaking Rami and Mexes. I said technically speaking because in Rami's case we have zero clue on how he'll adapt so at this moment in time, Zapata and Mexes would still be the ideal pairing

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jan 21 2014, 08:14 PM) *
Considering Seedorf played with him , has the clout to bring him to us , hes young , cheap , could be the next big thing is highly rated in Brazil to move to a big european club after the world cup , Mexes is leaving we cannot pay for an established centre back and won't be in the near future so we have the Rami's coming in which are still not quality more so then Mexes is... this is the times we live in you buy young and cheap and sell them on later. So yeah if we sell Mexes i would rather we bring in someone like Doria or Bianchetti from Verona but he will cost more then Doria.

Doria could just as easily turn into Vergara 2.0

@ kurt, this season Zapata has been having a mare, he's made mistakes that cost us points, agreed, but Mexes hasn't made these kinds of mistakes, in fact at certain points he's been having a hard time trying to cover Zapata's @ss and even Constant's. And I've always said, that Mexes individually is a great CB, as well as all round player, but he's not good enough to be covering for the mistakes of his partner like Nesta or Thiago could. Which is why we've suffered this season because Zapata has been pretty bad, while last season when Zapata was having a very good season we conceded the least amount of goals in the league from January up until the end of the season

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:32 PM