Milan Are Brilliant
Philippe Mexès

Full name: Philippe Mexès
Date of birth: March 30, 1982
Place of birth: Toulouse, France
Height: 6 ft 1.5 in (1.87 m)
Position: Centre Back
---------------------------

Hopefully he can recuperate that form he showed as a youngster, for us, if that's the case we have another quality centre back in our ranks.
TriniKing_CE
Jack Sparrow
For a second I was scratching my head, coz you implied he played as a youngster for us. biggrin.gif Use punctuation son!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 26 2011, 10:11 AM) *
For a second I was scratching my head, coz you implied he played as a youngster for us. biggrin.gif Use punctuation son!

It's early and I'm doing 500 things at once, grammar police cool.gif
Jack Sparrow
No no..I don't police. The mod badge is just to attract the chicas.
Zed.D
Free decent player, with the right age. definitely a good signing.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 26 2011, 06:48 AM) *
Free decent player, with the right age. definitely a good signing.

I've never been a huge fan because I think he is weak against pacy strikers but pairing him with Thiago he could be freed up to just muscle people out.
X-Offender
Quality defender, great signing.
Zed.D
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ May 26 2011, 07:31 PM) *
I've never been a huge fan because I think he is weak against pacy strikers but pairing him with Thiago he could be freed up to just muscle people out.

Yeah still remember that Pato goal where he literally owned Mexes' *** with his pace. there are negatives in his game, no doubt. but he's a great squad player to have as cover for Nesta.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 26 2011, 05:20 PM) *
Yeah still remember that Pato goal where he literally owned Mexes' *** with his pace.

I think most defenders would have been owned by Pato in that occasion, save for Thiago Silva and some other exception.
Danny
Are we looking at this guy as a permanent partner for Silva? Would that mean winding Nesta down a bit?
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 26 2011, 11:20 AM) *
Yeah still remember that Pato goal where he literally owned Mexes' *** with his pace. there are negatives in his game, no doubt. but he's a great squad player to have as cover for Nesta.

laugh.gif
That is the exact play I was thinking of. X is right but still if we are going to make a run at the CL we need to have defenders capable of staying in front of pacy players. Thank god for Thiago devilsmiley.gif

Fillipo Simone
Yep, Mexes means more pace for our CB pair. But I hope he'll remain decent in his behavior. We don't need another troublemaker.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ May 26 2011, 07:39 PM) *
Are we looking at this guy as a permanent partner for Silva? Would that mean winding Nesta down a bit?

Mexes will remain a "reserve" for Nesta next season, and then when Sandro calls it quits next summer, he'll become the starting partner of Thiago.
il_diavolo_mtl
I have seen his highs and lows and when he is on his game he is amazing. He even wore the armband for France not to long ago.
Kazdoodle
Got a good signing in him for free pretty proven defender. Im sure We were eyeing him up not long ago. we got luiz instead <3 . but yeah nice deal. at least well you got some extra cover at the back

Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ May 27 2011, 08:13 AM) *
I have seen his highs and lows and when he is on his game he is amazing. He even wore the armband for France not to long ago.

I get where you come from, but being their captain these days actually doesn't mean anything.
X-Offender
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 26 2011, 05:04 PM) *
Quality defender, great signing.

Fillipo Simone
Why are you quoting yourself?
X-Offender
Spamming.
Zed.D
Ban him, Fillipo!

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 26 2011, 10:47 PM) *
Mexes will remain a "reserve" for Nesta next season, and then when Sandro calls it quits next summer, he'll become the starting partner of Thiago.

But Nesta said he wouldn't be able to play 2 games a week anymore, so Mexes is not exactly his reserve. more like going to be rotated with him in less important games I think.
amancik
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 28 2011, 04:08 PM) *
But Nesta said he wouldn't be able to play 2 games a week anymore, so Mexes is not exactly his reserve. more like going to be rotated with him in less important games I think.

I agree, Mexes will be used perhaps in Serie A games and Nesta will be played in more CL and important Serie A match-ups. Unless one of the other is injured of course.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh. I'm not sure. I always though that a CB pairing should be played all the time, and that rotation in this case is a negative thing.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 28 2011, 01:22 PM) *
Hmh. I'm not sure. I always though that a CB pairing should be played all the time, and that rotation in this case is a negative thing.

Nesta has played 24 out of 38 Serie A games this season, so he hasn't exactly been Thiago's partner all the time.
mishie
Mexes and thiago will be 1st choice centre-back pairing. I think the way the Pirlo situation was handled we can clearly see Allegri has no room for sentiment and Nesta will probably see out most of his last season on the bench.
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ May 29 2011, 01:53 PM) *
Mexes and thiago will be 1st choice centre-back pairing. I think the way the Pirlo situation was handled we can clearly see Allegri has no room for sentiment and Nesta will probably see out most of his last season on the bench.

I don't think so. Nesta is still imo better then Mexes. Who can be great on his day but blunder prone as well.

While Pirlo was just not the type of player Allegri liked, he's too classy and attack minded for Allegri. He had no solution for him therefore he took him out of the equation.
mishie
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 29 2011, 02:31 PM) *
I don't think so. Nesta is still imo better then Mexes. Who can be great on his day but blunder prone as well.

While Pirlo was just not the type of player Allegri liked, he's too classy and attack minded for Allegri. He had no solution for him therefore he took him out of the equation.

the Pirlo thing was in relation to the fact that he didn't give him any game time in the last game of the season, not his position with in the team as Allegri had already made that point clear....even Festa was confused by the need for a more combative player added to the squad when the midfield was already full of them.
Yes Nesta is a better player tham Mexes but i still believe with Allegri looking to build for the long term i bet Mexes will get more games than Nesta wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ May 29 2011, 04:24 PM) *
the Pirlo thing was in relation to the fact that he didn't give him any game time in the last game of the season, not his position with in the team as Allegri had already made that point clear....even Festa was confused by the need for a more combative player added to the squad when the midfield was already full of them.
Yes Nesta is a better player tham Mexes but i still believe with Allegri looking to build for the long term i bet Mexes will get more games than Nesta wink.gif

That was just terrible imo. He didn't even give him the send off he deserved

As for Nesta, we'll see...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 29 2011, 05:48 PM) *
That was just terrible imo. He didn't even give him the send off he deserved

Uninformed han is uninformed.

Clicky.

Pirlo asked Allegri not to play the last game. wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 29 2011, 04:12 PM) *
Uninformed han is uninformed.

Clicky.

Pirlo asked Allegri not to play the last game. wink.gif

Don't understand Italian tongue.gif

Didn't see it anywhere either... Well anyway, it's not like Pirlo got a lot of diplomacy from Allegri
Jack Bauer
X-Offender
Man, that looks awesome on him. #5 cool.gif
acid911
What's with the stupid blue shoes? sleep.gif Drastic choice to go with a uniform of these colors, doesn't match one bit!
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 13 2011, 03:06 AM) *
What's with the stupid blue shoes? sleep.gif Drastic choice to go with a uniform of these colors, doesn't match one bit!

Shaddup!
Zed.D
Nice!
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jun 12 2011, 09:26 PM) *

king.gif

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 12 2011, 09:28 PM) *
Man, that looks awesome on him. #5 cool.gif

First player that I've seen who actually looks good in it! And it's great that he got the #5 and not some ridiculous number
Fillipo Simone
Well, the #5 has a great legacy and history. It's an honor.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 13 2011, 02:09 PM) *
Well, the #5 has a great legacy and history. It's an honor.

Yep. Emerson wore it... biggrin.gif
X-Offender
What's with the PlayStation controller anyway? biggrin.gif
Kazdoodle
I ............ kinda like the blue football boots with the red milan kit. Red and blue kinda go together well.
Jack Bauer
Philippe Mexes, the French defender, spoke exclusively to Milan Channel about his recovery from a bad knee injury and told us he cannot wait to get into action with his new team mates.

MILAN - Philippe Mexes spoke exclusively to Milan Channel today. This is what he had to say:

"I am slowly getting back to form, I have been training with the ball but I have to take it easy. When the pain goes away I will be available for the coach.

I Hope this happens as soon as possible and I think that in two or three weeks time I will have resolved all of my problems - also because i cannot stand it any longer. I know that I have to be patient so as to avoid further damage but the medical staff are helping me to get fit as soon as possible.

Playing with the ball again after four months felt really good. I felt a little frustrated and I know what I am like, when I step onto the pitch I cannot control myself...(laughs)

The season has started really well, it was important to understand what stage we were at. I think we are in great shape. Winning a trophy already is very satisfying and it was also a derby...we are on the right track.

This is a great and honest group of lads, they all work really hard and they always give 100% on the pitch. My fellow Frenchman Mathieu Flamini is great fun and he is helping me a lot but I repeat I cannot wait to join my team mates on the pitch."
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 27 2011, 04:47 PM) *
I get where you come from, but being their captain these days actually doesn't mean anything.

I would agree if it happened under the Domenech regime, but under Blanc, the FFF has been much more serious.
TriniKing_CE
Mexes back in Milan training - Milan still unsure of comeback date for defender

Last Updated: September 16, 2011 12:48pm

AC Milan CB Philippe Mexes returned to training with his team-mates on Friday following a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a knee injury.

Link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12025_7180617,00.html
X-Offender
Mexes will play in a primavera match against Chievo. Will be great to have him at disposal after the break.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 28 2011, 04:50 PM) *
Mexes will play in a primavera match against Chievo. Will be great to have him at disposal after the break.

Played 45 minutes in this game (we lost 3-1) and said after the game that his knee is fine. Just needs to get into match fitness.
Suhail 3
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 13 2011, 03:24 PM) *
Yep. Emerson wore it... biggrin.gif

sorry but this just made me laugh out loud ... haha biggrin.gif thanks

nice to see mexes back, i hope he becomes an integral part of our team and a very important player .. he has quality no doubt and will hopefully take the pressure off nesta this season by playing his part
Jack Bauer
MILAN - A.C. Milan wishes to communicate that Philippe Mexes was operated on by Professor Carlos Grandis. The operation consisted of an osteosynthesis of the left hand. Recoverey time is estimated bteween 8 and 9 days while footballing activity will wait at least twenty days.
X-Offender
Great. rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
Mexes could play from the start against Genoa.

Link

Fingers crossed. We really need him.
d'Arc.LP
Mexes: "There was nothing vicious in my punch. I suffered blows during game that went unseen, but I didn't start rolling around on ground."

king.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.