> Brocchi agrees Lazio switch Wednesday 27 August, 2008

Ry4n
post Aug 27 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug27o.html

Cheers m8 cyas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by rhy_A4: Aug 27 2008, 09:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 27 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,011

Wait till it's official...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 27 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Well done to C4 for accurately translating the most recent reports.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Aug 27 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

I do hope Oddo leaves his defence is good but his cross's are just no serginhio ish , (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 27 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

This is almost as good as a new signing!

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 27 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2008, 01:05 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm 100% positive the deal will go through in the next couple of days. So long then, Broc.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 27 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 27 2008, 09:07 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm 100% positive the deal will go through in the next couple of days. So long then, Broc.

Well it will certainly allow other younger players to play... I view this as vital for their development. I'm glad Brocchi is leaving... he gave away the ball way too many times. I don't think he had the quality to play for Milan.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Aug 27 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 27 2008, 08:09 PM) *
Well it will certainly allow other younger players to play... I view this as vital for their development. I'm glad Brocchi is leaving... he gave away the ball way too many times. I don't think he had the quality to play for Milan.

he was the Coppa italia Gattuso nothing more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 27 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #9

Berretti

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 28 2008, 01:09 AM) *

Exactly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Normally I wouldn't pick on a player that plays for Milan, but Brocchi did his damage, whether intentionally or unintentionally. He did get the job done, as some have said, but when has getting the job done ever cut it in top flight football?

Besides, who knows he'll have a better career at Lazio, may fit into their plans more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Hasta La Vista!

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 27 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 27 2008, 09:14 PM) *
Exactly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Normally I wouldn't pick on a player that plays for Milan, but Brocchi did his damage, whether intentionally or unintentionally. He did get the job done, as some have said, but when has getting the job done ever cut it in top flight football?

Besides, who knows he'll have a better career at Lazio, may fit into their plans more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Hasta La Vista!

Well he fit in Fiorentina okay... so I think Lazio is better for him. It just irritated me he was substituted instead one of our other players... he didn't really deserve the time he got because I felt while he gave quantity... quantity is not quality.

+Quote Post

misha
post Aug 27 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 27 2008, 11:05 PM) *

Yep (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Though we should keep Oddo, as it's not wise to have only one natural RB. Bonera is not very effective in that position.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 27 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (misha @ Aug 27 2008, 09:18 PM) *
Though we should keep Oddo, as it's not wise to have only one natural RB. Bonera is not very effective in that position.

Agreed.

It's bad to sign a player after one good season, so in the same respect it's silly to sell a player after one bad season. Oddo was key to us grabbing 4th + the CL in Athens in 2007!

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 27 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 27 2008, 09:26 PM) *
Agreed.

It's bad to sign a player after one good season, so in the same respect it's silly to sell a player after one bad season. Oddo was key to us grabbing 4th + the CL in Athens in 2007!

Yeah I think we should keep him too. He had a bad season... it happens... Janku had a poor season too... even though wow... he's back in great form.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 27 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #14

Berretti

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 28 2008, 01:18 AM) *
Well he fit in Fiorentina okay... so I think Lazio is better for him. It just irritated me he was substituted instead one of our other players... he didn't really deserve the time he got because I felt while he gave quantity... quantity is not quality.

Brocchi had zero talent and skill. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) He made up for everything by working very hard and nonstop running around the pitch. That will never cut it for a club of Milan's caliber, when you think more than half of our squad has ultimate talent, and specific skills depending on their position.

I'd have kept him if he kept quite like Favalli, and played when necessary. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) But he made his fair share of noise. Let me say this again, you'll never score goals with someone like Brocchi (particularly if his partners-in-crime are Gattuso and Ambrosini, defensive mids). You need to have some creativity in to really put the opposition under pressure. We all know when we failed to beat, or wait for it - draw - with mid and low table teams. Pathetic, really, now that I think about it. We couldn't even score one goal.

All that's left to say is thanks for the memories, even though they weren't that great. And good luck in Lazio!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 27 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 27 2008, 09:34 PM) *
All that's left to say is thanks for the memories, even though they weren't that great. And good luck in Lazio!

I have to be honest, I can't remember much that he did for this club, if anything at all. When I think of something in the past that I remember Brocchi doing, it's giving the ball away at Old Trafford to assist United scoring against us. That about sums his time in Milan up. At least Kaladze has done something of note than we can remember him for!

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Aug 27 2008, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:50 PM