AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2
Ry4n

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug27o.html

Cheers m8 cyas rolleyes.gif
Giancarlo
Wait till it's official...
Tennie
Well done to C4 for accurately translating the most recent reports.
Ry4n
I do hope Oddo leaves his defence is good but his cross's are just no serginhio ish , tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
This is almost as good as a new signing!
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2008, 01:05 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm 100% positive the deal will go through in the next couple of days. So long then, Broc.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 27 2008, 09:07 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm 100% positive the deal will go through in the next couple of days. So long then, Broc.

Well it will certainly allow other younger players to play... I view this as vital for their development. I'm glad Brocchi is leaving... he gave away the ball way too many times. I don't think he had the quality to play for Milan.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 27 2008, 08:09 PM) *
Well it will certainly allow other younger players to play... I view this as vital for their development. I'm glad Brocchi is leaving... he gave away the ball way too many times. I don't think he had the quality to play for Milan.

he was the Coppa italia Gattuso nothing more smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 28 2008, 01:09 AM) *

Exactly. wink.gif Normally I wouldn't pick on a player that plays for Milan, but Brocchi did his damage, whether intentionally or unintentionally. He did get the job done, as some have said, but when has getting the job done ever cut it in top flight football?

Besides, who knows he'll have a better career at Lazio, may fit into their plans more. unsure.gif Hasta La Vista!
Giancarlo
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 27 2008, 09:14 PM) *
Exactly. wink.gif Normally I wouldn't pick on a player that plays for Milan, but Brocchi did his damage, whether intentionally or unintentionally. He did get the job done, as some have said, but when has getting the job done ever cut it in top flight football?

Besides, who knows he'll have a better career at Lazio, may fit into their plans more. unsure.gif Hasta La Vista!

Well he fit in Fiorentina okay... so I think Lazio is better for him. It just irritated me he was substituted instead one of our other players... he didn't really deserve the time he got because I felt while he gave quantity... quantity is not quality.
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 27 2008, 11:05 PM) *

Yep biggrin.gif

Though we should keep Oddo, as it's not wise to have only one natural RB. Bonera is not very effective in that position.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (misha @ Aug 27 2008, 09:18 PM) *
Though we should keep Oddo, as it's not wise to have only one natural RB. Bonera is not very effective in that position.

Agreed.

It's bad to sign a player after one good season, so in the same respect it's silly to sell a player after one bad season. Oddo was key to us grabbing 4th + the CL in Athens in 2007!
Giancarlo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 27 2008, 09:26 PM) *
Agreed.

It's bad to sign a player after one good season, so in the same respect it's silly to sell a player after one bad season. Oddo was key to us grabbing 4th + the CL in Athens in 2007!

Yeah I think we should keep him too. He had a bad season... it happens... Janku had a poor season too... even though wow... he's back in great form.
acid911
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 28 2008, 01:18 AM) *
Well he fit in Fiorentina okay... so I think Lazio is better for him. It just irritated me he was substituted instead one of our other players... he didn't really deserve the time he got because I felt while he gave quantity... quantity is not quality.

Brocchi had zero talent and skill. dry.gif He made up for everything by working very hard and nonstop running around the pitch. That will never cut it for a club of Milan's caliber, when you think more than half of our squad has ultimate talent, and specific skills depending on their position.

I'd have kept him if he kept quite like Favalli, and played when necessary. huh.gif But he made his fair share of noise. Let me say this again, you'll never score goals with someone like Brocchi (particularly if his partners-in-crime are Gattuso and Ambrosini, defensive mids). You need to have some creativity in to really put the opposition under pressure. We all know when we failed to beat, or wait for it - draw - with mid and low table teams. Pathetic, really, now that I think about it. We couldn't even score one goal.

All that's left to say is thanks for the memories, even though they weren't that great. And good luck in Lazio!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 27 2008, 09:34 PM) *
All that's left to say is thanks for the memories, even though they weren't that great. And good luck in Lazio!

I have to be honest, I can't remember much that he did for this club, if anything at all. When I think of something in the past that I remember Brocchi doing, it's giving the ball away at Old Trafford to assist United scoring against us. That about sums his time in Milan up. At least Kaladze has done something of note than we can remember him for!
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 28 2008, 01:37 AM) *
I have to be honest, I can't remember much that he did for this club, if anything at all. When I think of something in the past that I remember Brocchi doing, it's giving the ball away at Old Trafford to assist United scoring against us. That about sums his time in Milan up. At least Kaladze has done something of note than we can remember him for!

Same here. dry.gif It was a good thing I was still in the land of dial-up last season when Brocchi played most of his matches. So for me, it's safe to say that I didn't see too much of the guy. And what little I did, I wasn't impressed. Much.

Old Trafford is about the only solid memory I have of him. happy.gif That and his constant running and jumping around like a headless chicken.
Minami
I don't get it!!!

Why would a team like Lazio buy a player like Brocchi??

He is just not that good that anyone would want him...

I can't remember anything he did that would make Lazio want him.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Minami @ Aug 27 2008, 09:01 PM) *
I don't get it!!!

What he did at Fiorentina was better than what he did at Milan... so they figured if he plays for a mid table team he'll do better. I tend to agree. I think it's time for him to leave, and I'll be in favor of Milan getting any money out of it they can.
GrinReaper
QUOTE (Minami @ Aug 28 2008, 03:31 AM) *
I don't get it!!!

You don't question stupidity and/or misplaced faith when it's working in your favour smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Minami @ Aug 27 2008, 09:01 PM) *
I don't get it!!!

Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shut up, some one over at Lazio might read this and they'll back out of the deal. tongue.gif tongue.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 27 2008, 05:09 PM) *
Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shut up, some one over at Lazio might read this and they'll back out of the deal. tongue.gif tongue.gif

LOL laugh.gif
wink.gif
Il Capitano
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 27 2008, 08:37 PM) *

Don't know if it was the first or the second meeting but he was great in the semi final against Inter 2003. biggrin.gif

I would not mind if he was just a sub but Carlo thinks to highly of him. He even got to wear the captain's armband after Maldini in the friendly against Sporting Gijon. Can you believe that sh*t.
Tennie
He also wore the armband for the last 20 minutes or so of Milan-Udinese in May 2007. It was Billy's last home game and was only a few days before the CL final. When Billy was subbed off (to a huge ovation), Brocchi got the armband. He really was the most senior person on the pitch then. The lineup at that point included both Di Gennaro and Darmian.
acid911
Armbands are over-rated anyway, guys. sleep.gif Even Brocchi himself knows he never had an honest chance of being Milan captain for longer periods of time.
Tennie
To his credit, he wasn't sent off while wearing the armband (unlike certain Georgian centerbacks).
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Aug 28 2008, 01:58 AM) *
Don't know if it was the first or the second meeting but he was great in the semi final against Inter 2003. biggrin.gif

I would not mind if he was just a sub but Carlo thinks to highly of him. He even got to wear the captain's armband after Maldini in the friendly against Sporting Gijon. Can you believe that sh*t.

You know selling Brocchi... it's almost like management is forcing Carlo to change his methods... Brocchi was always used a sub for Ancelotti...
Habitant
they seem pretty serious message to carlo; quit messing around and deliver or GTFO.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 28 2008, 04:29 AM) *
they seem pretty serious message to carlo; quit messing around and deliver or GTFO.

While I like Carlo... this is the biggest problem I had with him. Brocchi. If Brocchi is sold, that's basically telling him "you must consider the other players we BOUGHT AND HAVE".
Bluesummers
finally trash is discarded where it belongs. I'm gaining some faith in the board.
Jack Sparrow
Now it's Carletto's fault. laugh.gif

Brocchi was brought in, when Carlo asked for Emerson. And they brought Emerson some time later, when he was virtually in a wheel chair.

Now he's got Flamini, so finally you have a top player for the functionality Brocchi is supposed to provide.
kurtsimonw
I think Carlo is way over-rated..

He won ONE title and ONE European Cup with players like Dida (at his best), Maldini, Nesta, Stam, Cafu, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Sheva, Pippo, etc. I think I could have done that, how difficult could it have been!?

Then he won one European Cup without most of these players. Was it his tactics/teams that won it? In the Final, I'll give it to him, picking Pippo over Gila was the right choice (Even if it was a poor tactical move from Rafa that allowed the winning goal). But for the rest of the competition.. I just wasn't sure of him, he relied on Kaka's brilliance too much. Since when did Milan need to rely on one player!?

Serie A title.. OR.. top 3 + UEFA Cup or he must go. He's had enough time to deliver, and he hasn't delivered enough.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 28 2008, 03:23 AM) *
To his credit, he wasn't sent off while wearing the armband (unlike certain Georgian centerbacks).

rolleyes.gif This is why I don't agree with just seniority coming into play when it comes to picking captain. Other important factors should be considered, and Kaladze other then being with us longer then some does not have any of those other attributes that I personally consider important for a captain

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 28 2008, 09:05 AM) *
Now it's Carletto's fault. laugh.gif

Brocchi was brought in, when Carlo asked for Emerson. And they brought Emerson some time later, when he was virtually in a wheel chair.

Now he's got Flamini, so finally you have a top player for the functionality Brocchi is supposed to provide.

Carlo I think asked for Gilberto Silva IIRC Jack... But not really the point it doesn't really matter even if the best defensive mid around was brought in and Carlo used him like he used Brocchi everyone would still resent him because Carlo brought him on as a like for like sub when we need the something extra going forward.

And yes it is Carlo's fault, personally I think it's pointless to defend him on this issue since there was not a single reason why a defensive mid, especially an incompetant one like Brocchi who loses the ball more then he wins it should be brought in in games were we needed to move forward and score

@kurt I agree with you to some extent, I personally choose to gvie him credit for the 02/03 CL and 03/04 Scudetto. Yes we had an amazing team back then and imo should have won more after that, but you have to consider how that team played, during the run to the Scudetto we played some of the best football in Europe same goes for the run to the CL final in 04/05. And getting all those star players to be a united group that plays well together can't be that easy.

As for our last CL win, I credit that mostly to Kaka, and a bit to Seedorf for the performances during the final stages. Because at times if it weren't for Kaka dragging the entire team on his own through the entire competition we wouldn't have gotten past the last 16
CrazyMilanFan
has brocchi left http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=838380

was it offical ???
Tennie
Don't see anything official yet, CMF (checked Lazio & Milan websites + lega calcio + tuttomercatoweb + Mediaset).
Tennie
Ah. Tuttomercatoweb is NOW reporting that he'll sign a 2-year deal tomorrow. As of today, however, he's still a Milan player.
Ry4n
Bayern secure Oddo loan - C4

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug28l.html
han2503
Just saw Brocchi give his farewell speach at milanello. So it's definately going to happen
gal_kenny
Kaka made a conference bout his dissapointment in seeing Brocchi leave milan on acmilan.com italian page...He's definitely gone...I guess we all wanted this..
Giancarlo
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Aug 28 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Kaka made a conference bout his dissapointment in seeing Brocchi leave milan on acmilan.com italian page...He's definitely gone...I guess we all wanted this..

It was for the better... Brocchi knew it himself. He would be better at Lazio...

"Mi dispiace che Cristian Brocchi sia andato via ha trovato una bella soluzione, andrà in una squadra importante, una bella piazza. Gli auguro tutto il bene possibile perchè se lo merita." - Kaka, ACMilan.com
armiss
Bye Brocchi ! thank you , you were with Milan in so many sweet and bitter moments ! thank you !
gal_kenny
OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION A.C. MILAN
8/28/2008
MILAN - A.C. Milan communicate that the footballer Cristian Brocchi has been sold to SS Lazio on a permanent basis.

Its finally official...He's left guys...and we're all happy for the moments he had with us..good luck Brocchi to your new club
Giancarlo
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Aug 28 2008, 09:01 PM) *
OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION A.C. MILAN
8/28/2008
MILAN - A.C. Milan communicate that the footballer Cristian Brocchi has been sold to SS Lazio on a permanent basis.

Its finally official...He's left guys...and we're all happy for the moments he had with us..good luck Brocchi to your new club

I'm going to stop bashing him. I wish him for the best and hope he hits better notes at his new club. However, I'm more happy since this will force Ancelotti into using other subs. It's like management is telling Carlo to change, or go.
gal_kenny
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 28 2008, 08:02 PM) *
I'm going to stop bashing him. I wish him for the best and hope he hits better notes at his new club. However, I'm more happy since this will force Ancelotti into using other subs. It's like management is telling Carlo to change, or go.

Very true and hopefully this time he won't change it to Emerson biggrin.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Aug 28 2008, 09:12 PM) *
Very true and hopefully this time he won't change it to Emerson biggrin.gif

Don't worry. After a 45 minute substitution one game, Emerson will pick up an injury and probably be out again for like a few months... the guy is fragile...
gal_kenny
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 28 2008, 09:14 PM) *
Don't worry. After a 45 minute substitution one game, Emerson will pick up an injury and probably be out again for like a few months... the guy is fragile...

I don't know why..He hardly was like that when he was in Juve...He rescued a lot of point for juve especially from set pieces..He's failed doing that in milan
Giancarlo
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Aug 28 2008, 09:15 PM) *
I don't know why..He hardly was like that when he was in Juve...He rescued a lot of point for juve especially from set pieces..He's failed doing that in milan

He went through Real Madrid... and generally I think players end up messed up after joining that team.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Aug 28 2008, 09:15 PM) *

Emo started to decline when he joined Juve. Then when at Madrid there was a significant decline in him. Then we bought him. The End...
Habitant
you know when you want something really bad and finally when you get it you arent as satisfied as though you would be, the high is short lived.... NOT!*with a Kazakh accent* he was for a period a good utility player, but for the past 2 season i've been more than unsatisfied. a lot of it has to do with carlo and his poor usage of him. but overall we know he can be be decent when in the right setting, hopefully he achieves that with lazio.

i must say it was quite funny watching him try to dribble past defenders (he would tried once in a while) because his natural position is AM laugh.gif... huh.gif .... laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Aug 28 2008, 10:24 PM) *
Emo started to decline when he joined Juve. Then when at Madrid there was a significant decline in him. Then we bought him. The End...

Actually I think he started to decline at Roma. I remember Emerson form the Bundesliga very well. He played very good there, as an offensive/creative player. The Emerson now (which is still respect) and the Emerson in Leverkusen...two different players. unsure.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 28 2008, 09:07 PM) *
Actually I think he started to decline at Roma. I remember Emerson form the Bundesliga very well. He played very good there, as an offensive/creative player. The Emerson now (which is still respect) and the Emerson in Leverkusen...two different players. unsure.gif

The hairline receded a bit too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.