Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leonardo, Leonardo Nascimento de Araújo

MizNelson
post Dec 26 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #361

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

I understand the majority of you guys are upset, but I'll play devil's advocate for a minute instead of automatically getting caught up in all the "Leo Merda" hullabaloo.

He needed a job (not to mention the experience) and other teams weren't exactly knocking down his door for his services. Plus, we all know he burned his bridges with Berlu, but we'll surely find out over time whether or not he took the job out of spite.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Dec 26 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #362

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 558

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Dec 26 2010, 08:51 AM) *
I understand the majority of you guys are upset, but I'll play devil's advocate for a minute instead of automatically getting caught up in all the "Leo Merda" hullabaloo.

He needed a job (not to mention the experience) and other teams weren't exactly knocking down his door for his services. Plus, we all know he burned his bridges with Berlu, but we'll surely find out over time whether or not he took the job out of spite.

there was spite from both Leo and moratti. Leo was pissed because of Berlu and moratti is pissed because we bought Ibra (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I hope this spite takes them back to the good old days (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Dec 26 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #363

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

I'm not sure if I can understand the sentiments of Blue and X-Off on this one, "just a job"??? Really?
More than a decade of everyday involvement with Milan counts for nothing, then? This reminds me of Kaka', when he tells you time and time again how much he loves the club and how it is part of his heart and soul you fawn all over him, and when he turns tail and joins your greatest rival you merely shrug your shoulders. Milan is just another company then, just another club where the only bond between employer and employee is the contract? There's nothing special about it at all?

Leo has every reason to want revenge on Berlusconi, but out of respect for his former teammates, the fans, the club and his own career, he should have slammed the door in Moratti's ugly face when he came calling.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 26 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #364

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Dec 26 2010, 05:28 PM) *
I'm not sure if I can understand the sentiments of Blue and X-Off on this one, "just a job"??? Really?
More than a decade of everyday involvement with Milan counts for nothing, then? This reminds me of Kaka', when he tells you time and time again how much he loves the club and how it is part of his heart and soul you fawn all over him, and when he turns tail and joins your greatest rival you merely shrug your shoulders. Milan is just another company then, just another club where the only bond between employer and employee is the contract? There's nothing special about it at all?

Leo has every reason to want revenge on Berlusconi, but out of respect for his former teammates, the fans, the club and his own career, he should have slammed the door in Moratti's ugly face when he came calling.

Couldn't agree more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

nuh
post Dec 26 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #365

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Dec 26 2010, 03:28 PM) *

+100

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 26 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #366

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I think those that were never fond of Leo have got the perfect excuse now to swipe at him.

Inter or not at the end of the day it is a job, just like it is for players these days.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Dec 26 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #367

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 26 2010, 07:11 PM) *
I think those that were never fond of Leo have got the perfect excuse now to swipe at him.

Inter or not at the end of the day it is a job, just like it is for players these days.

Really? God knows I'm not Craig Bellamy's greatest fan, but he had the decency to refuse signing a Rangers shirt a while ago, and I'm sure there's plenty of other examples.

It's certainly is far more complex than employees changing employer, as far as I'm concerned.

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Dec 26 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #368

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

That's ********. Inter are our rivals, not our sworn enemies.

We even share the God damn stadium, for ****'s sake.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Dec 26 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #369

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Linkman @ Dec 26 2010, 08:25 PM) *
That's ********. Inter are our rivals, not our sworn enemies.

We even share the God damn stadium, for ****'s sake.

(IMG:http://lesliesexton.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/picard-no-facepalm1.jpg)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Dec 26 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #370

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I like Leo as a person, but as a Milan fan I can't help but be a little upset about his decision (if we ignore the fact that Leo as Inter boss may reduce Inter's chance of mounting a comeback in the title race (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ). that said, I for one enjoyed this big ****-you from Leo to Mr. Corrupt.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Dec 26 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #371

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

I dont know about you guys but If morratti came to me and offered me a 4m a year contract or something a like; that would come way before club loyalty and other stuff like that.

Career comes first in my books; then club loyalty.

Inter is the perfect technical choice for Leo. He has a strong team; CL football; plenty of brazillians and a large transfer budget. I wouldn't say no either.

If he does well with Inter the options for the EPL will open up and I'm sure he's going to be headed there eventually.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Dec 26 2010, 08:52 PM

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Dec 26 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #372

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Dec 26 2010, 08:51 PM) *
I dont know about you guys but If morratti came to me and offered me a 4m a year contract or something a like; that would come way before club loyalty and other stuff like that.
Career comes first in my books; then club loyalty.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see how anyone can say that and still consider themself to be a Milanista, I really can't.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Dec 26 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #373

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Oh, come on. Some of you are taking this way too seriously. I swear, you're acting as if he joined the Taliban.

Employment takes precedence over loyalty (especially in this economy), considering that coaches make about a fraction of what players earn.

You know how often I argue with Blue but I'm with him on this one.

This post has been edited by MizNelson: Dec 26 2010, 09:27 PM

+Quote Post

nuh
post Dec 26 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #374

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

what happened to "i didn't even want to become a coach, and i don't see myself being a coach once i'm done with milan."

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 26 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #375

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

This is turning into a very amusing debate.

Some of you think Leonardo is poor obiviously. What's next? Saying it's a economy crisis allover the world and Leo got layed off at work months ago, so now he's desperate. Bruce Springsteen and Merle Haggard singing songs about Leonards problems at job?

Seriously. Blue, I know you'd sign that deal. But Leonardo earned in his career more then you and me probably will, so he is in a different position. Secondly, his motives are also questionable, so all the "professional experience" isn't plausible to me. Also, Leonardo has to know why Moratti took him, and that alone provides you insight how much prospect and space he'll have at Inter.

And in the end; maybe it is a job. But guys, what's in you? Don't we have some moral values left? Does the world professional now cover-up all the bad things, like disloyalty, mistrust, greed, etc. Nowdays one could said he's a professional, he wanted more money and get away with ease. Well, did anyone of you see It's a Wonderful Life lately? George Baily could have easily accept the job old Potter offerd him - and back in the 1940'ies it would be a shock, a betrail. But nowdays, no...it's professionalism.

Long live careerism! Long live the values of money and greed! Bravo, that's the spirit of the new century!
Economy, cold heart and ratio above all!

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:38 AM