han2503
post Oct 20 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #16

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2010, 03:44 PM) *
Are you Allegri's clone or something? Why do you have to be so narrow-minded? Playing Robinho-Ibra-Pato doesn't translate in the two Brazilians playing out wide. In fact, I want Pato to be our CF from now on, and Ibra can the tower/assist man. Take a look at the line-up I posted above. Robinho will be playing mostly on the left, but not as a winger. More like a tracked-back SS. When it comed to attacking, we can use all the strength of Robinho-Pato-Ibra-Boateng, and when defending we're still going to be covered with three capable midfielders. Just because we're playing with three forwards and three midfielders doesn't mean two will have to play wide blah blah blah. It's all about movement. As long as the team moves and interchanges positions for the whole 90 minutes, the kind of formation we're utilizing is the last thing to worry about.

It's not narrow minded. You can talk all you want but I know how we'll see that being translated on the pitch. ie a 4-3-3. Which is my main problem. You can draw a million sketches but ultimutley how we shape up on the pitch is what matters and if you're going to play with Ribinho, Ibra and Pato then I'm 100% sure that we'll be seeing a 4-3-3 on the pitch.

And imo the only way I'd like to see that happen if we play like this

Zambro--Nesta--Thaigo--Antonini
Flamini--Boateng
Pirlo
Robinho--Zlatan--Pato

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 20 2010, 03:53 PM
Post #17

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2010, 04:49 PM) *
It's not narrow minded. You can talk all you want but I know how we'll see that being translated on the pitch. ie a 4-3-3. Which is my main problem. You can draw a million sketches but ultimutley how we shape up on the pitch is what matters and if you're going to play with Ribinho, Ibra and Pato then I'm 100% sure that we'll be seeing a 4-3-3 on the pitch.

And imo the only way I'd like to see that happen if we play like this

Zambro--Nesta--Thaigo--Antonini
Flamini--Boateng
Pirlo
Robinho--Zlatan--Pato

I know that, han. I'm not saying that Allegri will do the same thing I'm talking about, even if he fields the same players I want to. That's why I can't stand the guy. He's just too static, not willing to make changes or bring in ideas. He has no motivation whatsoever, and plays us like some mid-table team. He's no different from Leo, really.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 20 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #18

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2010, 02:53 PM) *
I know that, han. I'm not saying that Allegri will do the same thing I'm talking about, even if he fields the same players I want to. That's why I can't stand the guy. He's just too static, not willing to make changes or bring in ideas. He has no motivation whatsoever, and plays us like some mid-table team. He's no different from Leo, really.

And that is my point exactly. But I'm more worried about what we'll see on the pitch then how I want to see us playing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Anyway, if it is Robinho, Ibra and Pato against Napoli, I'm at least hoping to see something along the lines of what I posted, we can't afford to have that big gap between midfield and attack.

Still believe that playing Dinho in the hole is currently our best option until we bring in a real AM.

Our biggest problem against Real was that we looked like we were playing with 8 players. The ball got as far as the midfield 3 and was lost again. I'm not making excuses for anyone, because I thought that Dinho, Pato and Ibra all managed to turn it into cr@p when they did actually get a touch on the ball, Dinho with the bad passing, Pato with the bad runs and Zlatan was just invisible most games, I think I can count the number of times on one hand the ammount of times the camera focused on him.

Having said that, all of the issues we were having stemmed from the static midfield. Rino was chasing shadows, Seedorf looked like he was playing on another planet and Pirlo was left at it all alone.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 20 2010, 04:07 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2010, 05:03 PM) *
Having said that, all of the issues we were having stemmed from the static midfield. Rino was chasing shadows, Seedorf looked like he was playing on another planet and Pirlo was left at it all alone.

I think we can all agree on that. Our biggest problem is the midfield. And hell, not because we don't have the players, but because of the choices of coach. So, in the end, it all falls on the coach. Allegri is just a bad loser.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 20 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #20

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

A Flamini-Pirlo-Boateng midfield at the moment really is the best solution. But it also highlights how Milan's midfield has been neglected for years. IMO with Milan happened exactly the same what happened to many teams: Milan had 2 major concepts in the past decade, one with the Gullit-Rijkaard generation one with the Pirlo-Gattuso. Those concepts were small revolutions. Now, like almost always, time became our enemy and a once avantgarde midfield transformed into a museum.

But you know what Milan misses? They miss some rossoneri heart. They miss a born Milanist, someone who grew up watching Albertini, Ambrosini, Pirlo,... We really need some italian blood.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 20 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #21

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2010, 05:07 PM) *
I think we can all agree on that. Our biggest problem is the midfield. And hell, not because we don't have the players, but because of the choices of coach. So, in the end, it all falls on the coach. Allegri is just a bad loser.

Generally, I agree. But I think you're going to far. Milan really does not have the proper players. Both Flamini and Boateng are way overrated here IMO, and that's because we're used to watch Seedorf and Rino bleed like hell after 60 minutes of running - and from that point of few, Boateng and Flamini seem fast and fresh like a 24 year old Henry in midfield. While actually, IMO Milan misses a classic AM the most.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 20 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #22

I agree that we need a proper AM more than anything else, but I don't agree with you that Boateng and Flamini are overrated. Over whom? Flamini is not a top class midfielder, I've been the first to criticize him when needed, but at least he's better than Gattuso, whilst Boateng has shown he should always be a starter, especially over someone mediocre like Seedorf. In the absence of a proper AM, thus, we can opt between Robinho and Ronaldinho. Whilst I think Ronaldinho should be starter against small teams, Robinho should be our first choice in the Champions League and against the big Italian sides. Only this way we'll have a chance of winning something this season.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 20 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 20 2010, 06:18 PM) *
Generally, I agree. But I think you're going to far. Milan really does not have the proper players. Both Flamini and Boateng are way overrated here IMO, and that's because we're used to watch Seedorf and Rino bleed like hell after 60 minutes of running - and from that point of few, Boateng and Flamini seem fast and fresh like a 24 year old Henry in midfield. While actually, IMO Milan misses a classic AM the most.

I agree that we need a classic AM, but the problem with Central Midfield cannot just be pushed aside and blamed on an AM.

Seedorf and Rino are done for and pretty soon Ambro will join that list. Our biggest problems imo lie in the FB and CM areas. We have 2 hungry young players who have quality despite what you wish to think about them who are on the bench, while Seedorf and Rino keep playing every 3 days, when in reality they can barely sustain a 100% performance for longer then 30 minutes per week

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 20 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #24

Primavera
Group Icon

Maybe I didn't express myself properly. Maybe not overrated, but Flamini and Boateng are barely tested and I see no reason why I should belive in them so much.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 20 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 20 2010, 07:59 PM) *
Maybe I didn't express myself properly. Maybe not overrated, but Flamini and Boateng are barely tested and I see no reason why I should belive in them so much.

But why isn't a player like Flamini tested? He's been a Milan player for 3 years now, he came off a great season with Arsenal, but never really been given a decent chance aside from playing at RB under Carlo for a couple of months. This is because all of our coaches did not want to make the necassary changes, they didn't/don't want to relinquish the hold the old gaurd has on this team. At this rate we're never going to move forward.

Imo Flamini is a top quality player, his biggest problem is his irrartionality, he comes from a league where it's ok to go in all guns blazing, tackling all over the place, while in Serie A you'll get called back/carded a lot for doing that. But why has he never shaken this out of his game? Because he's never had enough time to play a good chunk of matches to fully adapt to the way things are done in Italy as opposed to the way they're done in the EPL. Same thing goes for Boateng, we've seen him flying into challenges and get carded pretty easily. Imo that is something that can only be beaten oput of them by playing regularly.

Rino, Seedorf and Ambro are our past, we need to make changes or this team will never move forward, we're already stuck, thinking that the team that was already on its last breath in 2007 that won the CL thanks to Kaka can do that again for us now in 2010. Just ridiculous.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 20 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 20 2010, 08:59 PM) *

Should we keep believing in Seedorf and Gattuso then? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 20 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #27

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

How can Flamini get better if he doesn't get to play regularly,I don't understand.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 20 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #28

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2010, 09:05 PM) *
But why isn't a player like Flamini tested? He's been a Milan player for 3 years now, he came off a great season with Arsenal, but never really been given a decent chance aside from playing at RB under Carlo for a couple of months. This is because all of our coaches did not want to make the necassary changes, they didn't/don't want to relinquish the hold the old gaurd has on this team. At this rate we're never going to move forward.

Look, I can buy the story that Ancelotti got used to his pals Ambro, Rino and Seedorf. I can even buy the story that Leo must have been under some Carletto impression. But three coaches Milan had in 3 years didn't select this guy. And you ask me why I don't trust him?

I just can't come to the conclusion that you and me see Flamini better then those three guys. And I can't call them stupid, because they just aren't.

Anyway - IMO Flamini is not a player Milan should regard as a starter under normal conditions. Now, it would be logicall to play him, but as soon as we will be able to bring in someone new, he should be replaced. As I said, I belive that the fact that 3 coaches put him aside must mean something more then just an undisciplined and untested potential.

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Oct 21 2010, 03:21 AM
Post #29

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

...that's a fair point.

But still, Flamini can't be that awful. At the least, we need to bring in rotations to our midfield.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Oct 21 2010, 05:42 AM
Post #30

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 20 2010, 04:26 PM) *
Look, I can buy the story that Ancelotti got used to his pals Ambro, Rino and Seedorf. I can even buy the story that Leo must have been under some Carletto impression. But three coaches Milan had in 3 years didn't select this guy. And you ask me why I don't trust him?

I just can't come to the conclusion that you and me see Flamini better then those three guys. And I can't call them stupid, because they just aren't.

Anyway - IMO Flamini is not a player Milan should regard as a starter under normal conditions. Now, it would be logicall to play him, but as soon as we will be able to bring in someone new, he should be replaced. As I said, I belive that the fact that 3 coaches put him aside must mean something more then just an undisciplined and untested potential.

(IMG:http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv339/aaronestrada/wuv.jpg)

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Oct 21 2010, 05:46 AM

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:56 AM