Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FIFA Congress Approves Quota Scheme

morgoth
post May 30 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2008, 07:50 PM)
I don't see what the EUs problem is with it to be honest. How on earth is it stopping foreigners playing? If I can read correctly, which I believe I can, it states that only 6 players need to be home grown. So what about the other 5 spots, surely that's for the foreigners? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) Not only that, but football teams have a squad, teams that have a squad of 22 players could still have upto 16 foreigners, yeah, it's really stopping them from working isn't it. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Working in a sense of playing ...

Wait a second, this rule is about home grown players or about national players (like Italians for Milan)? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

(I think it's about national players, but I could be wrong)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 30 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #17

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2008, 07:54 PM)
Nah, the majority did.

Yeah, the majority did because it's against the EU laws of exploiting others ... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 30 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #18

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (morgoth @ May 30 2008, 06:54 PM)
Working in a sense of playing ...

Wait a second, this rule is about home grown players or about national players (like Italians for Milan)? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

(I think it's about national players, but I could be wrong)

I think it's home grown - so the likes of Fabregas would be considered 'English' enough to play.

The only thing that's annoying me about the whole thing is that it all seems to have come about during Englands dominance of Europe. How come there was no talk of this from UEFA with the all Spanish and all Italian finals? Typical!

In my opinion, this doesn't need to be introduced into the first team. Take on the problem at it's source - youth football. If no foreigners are allowed in youth teams it will help development, and it will also stop teams stealing youngsters from other countries.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: May 30 2008, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 30 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2008, 07:58 PM)
I think it's home grown - so the likes of Fabregas would be considered 'English' enough to play.

The only thing that's annoying me about the whole thing is that it all seems to have come about during Englands dominance of Europe. How come there was no talk of this from UEFA with the all Spanish and all Italian finals? Typical!

Are you sure about it, I think the home grown rule is already applied in eufa competitions, and I don't think a club like Arsenal would be worrying that much if it was about home grown players, they actually have a lot of young players who started at the club at 17/18 years old (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) No I don't think it has something to do with the English dominance, but it sure has a lot to do with all the fuss following England's participation at the euro, all this "there's a lot of foreigns in our league" came from England after all ...

In my opinion, this doesn't need to be introduced into the first team. Take on the problem at it's source - youth football. If no foreigners are allowed in youth teams it will help development, and it will also stop teams stealing youngsters from other countries.

That's exactly why I think it's about the national players and not the home grown ones!

This post has been edited by morgoth: May 30 2008, 08:05 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 30 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra

I really don't know whether it's home grown or national then. Haven't a clue!

+Quote Post

mishie
post May 30 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2008, 07:09 PM)
I really don't know whether it's home grown or national then. Haven't a clue!

basically the rule is that the player has to be in the academy for at least 2 years from the ages of 13-16 it doesn't matter if say he was french but in england as long as he has come through the academy he is then classed as home grown

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 30 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra

Ah, so this rule will just cause teams like Arsenal to do what they do even more - steal talents of other clubs!

+Quote Post

mishie
post May 30 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #23

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2008, 07:15 PM)
Ah, so this rule will just cause teams like Arsenal to do what they do even more - steal talents of other clubs!

yep! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 30 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Ok it's what I though here's the official definition of the 6+5 rule.

Definition of 6+5
- At the beginning of each match, each club must field at least 6 who are players eligible to play for the national team of the country of the club.
- However, there is:
- no restriction on the number of non-eligible players under contract with the club,
- nor on substitutes to avoid non-sportive constraints on the coaches (potentially 3+8 at the end of a match).

Source

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 30 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #25

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

This could create further imbalance. All the big teams would choose the best nationals and leave the lower clubs to look for players in a lower division with possibly lower quality. Top teams would still dominate

I want to see a stop to young players being poached by (mostly) premiership clubs. That is a bigger problem than this

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 30 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #26

Prima Squadra

So Fabregas wouldn't count? As he is NOT eligible to play for this country, as he has already appearaed for Spain?

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 30 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #27

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 30 2008, 08:48 PM)
This could create further imbalance. All the big teams would choose the best nationals and leave the lower clubs to look for players in a lower division with possibly lower quality. Top teams would still dominate

I want to see a stop to young players being poached by (mostly) premiership clubs. That is a bigger problem than this

Unfortunately this will always be the case, most players will always choose the top clubs and the money, and I think this rule has nothing to do it ...

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 30 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #28

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2008, 06:54 PM)
Nah, the majority did.

Radio 1 said yesterday that all the other countries accepted it yet England didn't.

+Quote Post

mishie
post May 30 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #29

Giovanissimi Nazionali

the english fa have publicly back the idea tonight

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 30 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #30

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (mishie @ May 30 2008, 07:13 PM)
basically the rule is that the player has to be in the academy for at least 2 years from the ages of 13-16 it doesn't matter if say he was french but in england as long as he has come through the academy he is then classed as home grown

I copied this from the article:
If ultimately passed, the rule would see all clubs forced to field at least six homegrown players per match, [/B]in an attempt to encourage the development of local talent in countries flooded by imports[B].

Now this looks like homegrown players, i.e.English players in England, Italian players in Italy etc

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:47 PM