> MILAN, Almost done for Borriello

han2503
post May 26 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 26 2008, 06:39 PM)
Well yes, Gila-Parma could be used as an example and I fear for such a situation with Borriello too .. But UEFA regulations imply that we need to bring in players from the primavera and Borriello is the best of them atm. Hence, I don't see this as a bad deal, rather the best considering the circumstances.

About the money issue .. I'd rather leave it to the experts at Via Turati .. They have been cutting deals for years now, they know exactly what they are doing (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

And on the strikers, I believe one will come .. And that one would be Shevchenko, if not then another world class striker. Plus Ronaldinho. And that would be it, of course if I wanted to unlock my wet dreams, I would say Drogba, Etoo, Bin Zema, Henry, etc .. But I am not about to go there.

p.s. It is too early han, Galliani said two strikers, yes. And they could very well be Borriello plus another world class striker. Then again, Borriello hasn't arrived yet, not has Gilardino left, so it is all up in the air. Let's just keep it on ice till the window opens (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)   (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Well that is a valid reason, but if that was the actual reason for bringing him in, then I for one would have much rather seen us keeping a hold of Paloschi, who has actually stepped up for us this season in sticky situations, and I think as a striker he is more complete then Boriello is

Well seeing how they are trying to dring the sum for Zambro and R10 to the very last penny, because we're supposedly in the red (still don't understand how this happened btw (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) ), I would much rather see the money the would spend to get Boriello and use it in the Zambro R10 deal so we can make those transfer happen smoothly and not see us trying to scramble to get them in the very last day of the transfer window. It would be better if we get them now and they have the pre-season with us and start getting R10 back in shape, rather then waiting to get him in the last minute and he'll spen half the season acclematising with the team and getting back his fitness.

Still don't know about Sheva coming, but I do believe, as you do that one top striker will come, and he will hae to be another supporting striker, who that might be I don't know, but I believe that if we do get R10 he will be the SS not as something seperate, he will be one of the 2 strikers that Galliani has talked about.

As for Gila, I am 100% sure that he will be a Viola player by next season, and he will have to be replaced, I'm just hoping that his replacement would be a step up in quality rather then a step down ie. replaced by a box striker like Drogba[ex] or a box stiker like Boriello there's a huge difference in quality there and Boriello imo would be a step down from Gila
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post May 26 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #32

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

I think some people here underestimate Borriello. Yes, he's been cr@p for us when he played at Milan. But sometimes players need a little luck, one or two lucky goals and become world class. Just look at Luca Toni or Oliver Bierhoff. When they were Borriellos age no one would have expected them to become on the best strikers in the world.
I simply think we shouldn't miss out on anotehr Toni.

This post has been edited by LaPalma: May 26 2008, 08:37 PM

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 26 2008, 08:41 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

QUOTE (LaPalma @ May 26 2008, 08:36 PM)
I think some people here underestimate Borriello. Yes, he's been cr@p for us when he played at Milan. But sometimes players need a little luck, one or two lucky goals and become world class. Just look at Luca Toni or Oliver Bierhoff. When they were Borriellos age no one would have expected them to become on the best strikers in the world.

Well said, plus we have to take in consideration how many matches Borri played for us before starting to compare him with Gila or saying that he's cr@p!

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post May 26 2008, 08:45 PM
Post #34

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

Exactly.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 26 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (LaPalma @ May 26 2008, 07:36 PM)

Personally I just don't see him as the type of player to make it in a club like Milan.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 26 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #36

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

^^ Me neither. But if we decide to keep him, I'll give him his last shot. Until the...patience! We need patience here! We're all talking like as if it was the last week of October not May.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 26 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #37

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 26 2008, 09:54 PM)
Well that is a valid reason, but if that was the actual reason for bringing him in, then I for one would have much rather seen us keeping a hold of Paloschi, who has actually stepped up for us this season in sticky situations, and I think as a striker he is more complete then Boriello is

Well seeing how they are trying to dring the sum for Zambro and R10 to the very last penny, because we're supposedly in the red (still don't understand how this happened btw  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)   ), I would much rather see the money the would spend to get Boriello and use it in the Zambro R10 deal so we can make those transfer happen smoothly and not see us trying to scramble to get them in the very last day of the transfer window. It would be better if we get them now and they have the pre-season with us and start getting R10 back in shape, rather then waiting to get him in the last minute and he'll spen half the season acclematising with the team and getting back his fitness.

Still don't know about Sheva coming, but I do believe, as you do that one top striker will come, and he will hae to be another supporting striker, who that might be I don't know, but I believe that if we do get R10 he will be the SS not as something seperate, he will be one of the 2 strikers that Galliani has talked about.

As for Gila, I am 100% sure that he will be a Viola player by next season, and he will have to be replaced, I'm just hoping that his replacement would be a step up in quality rather then a step down ie. replaced by a box striker like Drogba[ex] or a box stiker like Boriello there's a huge difference in quality there and Boriello imo would be a step down from Gila

If we do get a WC striker, then Paloschi wouldn't even have room to play in the coppa matches, send him out on loan let him express himself better, then when he has gotten his legs used to playing in Serie A bring him back. Paloschi is very determined and with the right guidance he could very well be one of the Azzurri's lead strikers in 2010. But atm, Milan isn't that club that he should be at to get the playing time that he needs, loan him out now, and bring him back when there is space in the squad for him.

You know, I once wrote a letter to Fininvest and never got a reply. So I don't have any clue of what they are spending on. But off the top of my head, post-calciopoli era Milan's game tickets were selling at fairly low. Also, there was the upgrades that were done at San Siro so the fans could attend European venues, there also is increased wages for certain players, etc .. And the list could go on and on .. If ever you get a chance at School, check out a balance sheet (usually accounting classes teach you how to read them (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ); it shows you exactly what expenditure or cost is on them and how much in revenues, profit, etc .. It gives you a basic insight on what assets the company has available against liabilities on the company.

So in that sense, I see it as pointless to talk about how much the club had spent and how much it would spend, when you don't even have the basic material, (let alone cash flow statements and what not), you need to analyze. So I choose not to go there

Yes I do believe, a new strategy for the attack will be implemented to fit in Ronaldinho, WC striker, along with the rest .. But, there are noises from Via Turati stating that Kaka' would be slotted as an SS next season. So I guess, Ancelotti is restructuring the attack, with Ronaldinho taking up the AM slot, probably alternate .. But, yes Ronaldinho could very well be one of the strikers, and if so ? I don't see the problem in that .. I mean, do you honestly think (for the sake of the example) Shevcenko and Drogba will be two new strikers for Milan ? Where would that leave Pato ? and Borriello surely wouldn't get the chance to prove to us his worth, and Inzaghi I mean Ronaldo when he is back (IF he is back (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ) ... Personally, I would be all for it, bring in two world class strikers, but then again, logically, one of Pato or Borriello will barely get time on the field.

Nah, Borriello isn't a replacement for Gilardino (between us, I don't think there is much to replace (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) ... But yeah, a world class striker should arrive !! And whoever that striker might be, I'm looking forward (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 26 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Regionali B

For thing are pretty obvious from a tactical point of view. If R10 come to Milan we'll play the x-mass formation as our first choice, R01 and Kaka will alternate as the SS, and then put a striker when we'll have 2 goals down. With that in mind If we get a striker and R10 then there will be no place for Pato in the starting 11, he'll do what he did since Inzaghi got his form back, play the last 15/10 minutes or the second halves when a results is needed.

I really hope we don't buy R10 and a world class striker, because Pato will have no place in the first 11 and will probably do a Gourcuff! Our management should go for a target striker like Drogba and play the 4-4-2 diamond formation again with Pato, but since they choose to put their faith in Calro for the next season, I think we'll have to wait for 2 years (when Carlo's contract ends) to see Pato as the first choice starter at Milan.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 26 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #39

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (morgoth @ May 26 2008, 11:13 PM)
For thing are pretty obvious from a tactical point of view. If R10 come to Milan we'll play the x-mass formation as our first choice, R01 and Kaka will alternate as the SS, and then put a striker when we'll have 2 goals down. With that in mind If we get a striker and R10 then there will be no place for Pato in the starting 11, he'll do what he did since Inzaghi got his form back, play the last 15/10 minutes or the second halves when a results is needed.

I really hope we don't buy R10 and a world class striker, because Pato will have no place in the first 11 and will probably do a Gourcuff! Our management should go for a target striker like Drogba and play the 4-4-2 diamond formation again with Pato, but since they choose to put their faith in Calro for the next season, I think we'll have to wait for 2 years (when Carlo's contract ends) to see Pato as the first choice starter at Milan.

or the easy way is that carlo relizes that 3 DM theory is useless and we star playing with some sort of 2 DMs and 2 AMs (R10 and Kaka) and 2 stikers as the game progresses we bring the 3rd DM if we are winning

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 26 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 26 2008, 11:26 PM)
or the easy way is that carlo relizes that 3 DM theory is useless and we star playing with some sort of 2 DMs and 2 AMs (R10 and Kaka) and 2 stikers as the game progresses we bring the 3rd DM if we are winning

I don't think a 2 striker and 2 attacking midfielders is an option after Brazil's last world cup, especially R10 and Kaka (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

In fact, the best thing is to buy a striker instead of R10, that would be great but it won't happen (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 27 2008, 12:06 AM
Post #41

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

Everyone bashes Carlo's 3 DM policy but he dosent actually use 3 DM. Ambrosini and gattuso yes, but not Pirlo. Pirlo is a deep lying playmaker akin to an NFL quaterback. He isnt a true DM per se, which makes it more important for us to have an alternative to him. Cigarini is as close as anyone will ever be able to get to him

+Quote Post

dst
post May 27 2008, 12:12 AM
Post #42

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 27 2008, 02:06 AM)
Everyone bashes Carlo's 3 DM policy but he dosent actually use 3 DM. Ambrosini and gattuso yes, but not Pirlo. Pirlo is a deep lying playmaker akin to an NFL quaterback. He isnt a true DM per se, which makes it more important for us to have an alternative to him.

I agree. But when we say Carletto uses 3 DM's we don't count Pirlo. We count Seedorf: Doesn't Move!

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 27 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #43

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 27 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #44

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (dst @ May 27 2008, 04:12 AM)
I agree. But when we say Carletto uses 3 DM's we don't count Pirlo. We count Seedorf: Doesn't Move!

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Plus, we have someone called Brocchi who moves too much!

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 27 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #45

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (dst @ May 27 2008, 12:12 AM)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Nice one.

When people use the term 3 DM's I think they mean the position of the players on the field and not their natural position. For example Brocchi's natural position is Attacking midfielder (not a Kaka like, but still) but he always plays as a defensive one and the same goes for Pirlo.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:58 AM