Bluesummers
post Mar 31 2009, 04:12 AM
Post #136

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 30 2009, 09:00 PM) *
Is that from goal.com, mtl?

Assuming Billy's words were quoted accurately by Corriere and by goal, it may be telling. Billy did after all win 5 CL titles with Milan and given his remaining close connection with the club, he may have insider information.

Yeah your probably right. I can see him staying here next season. Its just a shame, that we'll have another poor season in the league again. I just hope we can get the champions league.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 31 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #137

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Here is Channel 4's take on a long interview by Ancelotti in today's Gazzetta. Translation's good.

Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti has dismissed rumours that he wants to leave San Siro this summer.

It hasn't been a successful season for the Diavolo who are out of the UEFA Cup and out of Scudetto contention.

And there have been regular Press reports linking Ancelotti with a switch to Real Madrid this summer.

“I just work and I don't pay attention to these whispers,” Ancelotti told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I still haven't found a good reason to leave Milan. I am happy here and I will stay for a long time yet.

“However, while I am happy to stay here I have always stressed that it takes two to keep the marriage going.

“As long as we secure third place and Champions League qualification for next season I am ready to stay.

“Then we can build a great future around Kaka and Alexandre Pato. We have solid foundations so we won't need to make sweeping changes. The supporters are behind us but they want us to win,” he concluded.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 31 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #138

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 24 2009, 07:56 AM) *
Believe me, I'm in no hurry to see Real Madrid reach CL # 10. A technical coach who knows tactics in La Liga, is probably exactly what Real need. And unlike Berlusconi, Perez will give Carlo exactly what and who he wants.

If I were you, I'd wish for Carlo to go to the NT.

I just wish Carlo goes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) it won't matter to me if it's Madrid as they already have 2 more titles than us (not that a CL title is guaranteed with Carlo)

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 30 2009, 11:36 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I love you, Blue!

By the way, I agree, I won't mind a good Spaniards or two playing in Milan. As long as they are of very high, world-class quality, and proven talents over longer periods of time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Someone in their mid or late 20s to be precise. Otherwise, no thank you. Please drive through!

We need a new Seedorf. someone who is highly technical, has great control on the ball, great vision, does care, is young, etc. and I don't see a better option than Iniesta tbh. I know it's just a dream, but dreaming costs nothing.

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Mar 31 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #139

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,763

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 31 2009, 04:20 PM) *
We need a new Seedorf. someone who is highly technical, has great control on the ball, great vision, does care, is young, etc. and I don't see a better option than Iniesta tbh. I know it's just a dream, but dreaming costs nothing.

fab is better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 31 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #140

Primavera

I don't know.. in my eyes Fab is more like Pirlo rather than Seedorf

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 31 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #141

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 31 2009, 04:20 PM) *

Ever seen Seedorfs body? And Iniestas? Can you compare the constitutions? NO. Iniesta is a very good player, but not the Seedorf-type.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 31 2009, 06:08 PM
Post #142

Primavera

So what? Messi's physique in no way compares to that of Maradona, but they are very similar players.

Just because Iniesta doesn't have Schwarzenegger-like physique doesn't mean he's not like Seedorf! I think Iniesta is really like Seedorf as far as those characteristics which I mentioned are concerned (technique-vision (Seedorf is not very good at this but anyway)-control-dribbling-etc)

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Mar 31 2009, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 31 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #143

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I think Seedorfs physique is essential and one of the most important parts of his career as player. Other then that, I don't think their dribble style is similar. I just don't see the same picture.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 31 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #144

Primavera

They both have the ability of dribbling past their opponents is what I mean.

Anyway, Seedorf's physique looks important because he has this habit of turning his back on his opponents and holding on to the ball thanks to his powerful presence. there are players like Messi and Iniesta who don't need that characteristic that much as they run towards defenders and dribble past them.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 31 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #145

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

I don't think Iniesta is really a traditional #10 - is he?

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 31 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #146

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

I just realized this but everyone listed as a Seedorf replacement becomes a savior in my mind. That must be because Seedorf really sucks nowadays! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 31 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #147

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 31 2009, 09:37 PM) *
That must be because Seedorf really sucks nowadays! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+1

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 31 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #148

Primavera

^^ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Classic!

@ Tennie

No he isn't. neither is Seedorf (a true trequartista. he just wears the #10 because it's a cool number).

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 31 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #149

Primavera
Group Icon

Seedorf is a 10. Or at least used to be.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Mar 31 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #150

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (dst)
Seedorf is a 10. Or at least used to be.

Well, nowadays he's been living up to half of that number, if you get my drift.

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Mar 30 2009, 07:50 PM) *
Costa should just mind his business coaching Mantova or wat not

Billy was fired from Mantova over a month ago.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:13 AM