Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Milan issues ultimatum for Ancelotti
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Warchant
MILAN (AP) - AC Milan has issued an ultimatum for Carlo Ancelotti if he wants to remain the club's coach - finish at least third in the Serie A and guarantee a return to the Champions League.

The announcement follows a week in which Milan lost 2-1 to Sampdoria and was eliminated from the UEFA Cup by Werder Bremen.

Milan, which flew out Tuesday for a midweek friendly in Doha, Qatar, is third in the Serie A with 48 points. Inter Milan leads with 60 points, followed by Juventus with 53.

"Carlo Ancelotti will stay if we finish third," Milan chairman Adriano Galliani said on Gazzetta dello Sport's Web site.

The top three Serie A teams qualify directly to the Champions League, while the fourth-place finisher must play a qualifying round.

Three clubs - Fiorentina (46 points), Genoa (45), and AS Roma (44) - are right behind Milan.

"We're having some trouble right now, it's true, but we have a lot of injuries and we're not 100 percent," Ancelotti said in Doha, according to Milan's Web site.

"As far as my future goes, clearly if Milan doesn't reach its goal of third place something could change, also for me. But I'm convinced that we're going to finish third and therefore there won't be any problem."
Warchant
personally...i don't think he's safe with 3rd
Jack Sparrow
I think he is, but only coz the board likes him, and he's got one season left to finish out his contract. Also the injury situation is too valid an excuse to ignore, since the board can't deny that Carlo has little say in transfers.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 4 2009, 08:20 AM) *
I think he is, but only coz the board likes him, and he's got one season left to finish out his contract. Also the injury situation is too valid an excuse to ignore, since the board can't deny that Carlo has little say in transfers.

the bold part is real concern if carlo does not gets the players he wants but rahter gets different players then he should have told the board that with these transfer he will not be achieveing the goals set by the board bcoz that is not what he wants but rather than doing that he does not do anything
Zed.D
Personally I don't think Milan will finish 3rd...
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Mar 4 2009, 02:14 PM) *
the bold part is real concern if carlo does not gets the players he wants but rahter gets different players then he should have told the board that with these transfer he will not be achieveing the goals set by the board bcoz that is not what he wants but rather than doing that he does not do anything

We really don't know that. Just coz unlike in England, coaches don't come out in the media and say stuff, doesn't mean there is no dialogue with the management.

I think he's already raised his concerns about Ronaldinho with the board, and that's why there's no longer any pressure to have him play.

But I don't think he can say much in the transfers beyond saying ok, I need a fullback. And then the board goes around looking.

It's not like other clubs, where they give the manager 30 million, and says do what you need.
Bluesummers
Billy Costacurta, former column in the defense of Milan through the pages of the Republic says its the crisis of his former team. "The defense is not protected and then missing a few centimeters in height on the high balls - Costacurta said last night to host 'Night Chiambretti' -. Years ago we were challenged because they arrived eleventh. Prior to Milan for the dead, we think of a moment. The exit from the Uefa Cup may have open eyes ...". The interview has ranged from his role as coach: "I resigned in Mantua did not arrive because the victories, the relationship with management:" I always give the stron ...", by his friendship with Paolo Maldini, "is always the best: he wants me to quit as 41 years "on Kakà:" I do not sell anything, and never to Manchester. If anything, building a team of young people around him. "
Italian

I think hes right. Why also we are doing so bad and why carlo will be leaving.
kurtsimonw
If he doesn't win Serie A this season he should be gone!
Tennie
Y'know, I've heard there's a really good coach from Northern Ireland. Used to play for Forest. Maybe he'd be interested......

(And now I'm going to hide behind Fishdoll).
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 4 2009, 05:24 PM) *
Y'know, I've heard there's a really good coach from Northern Ireland. Used to play for Forest. Maybe he'd be interested......

(And now I'm going to hide behind Fishdoll).

biggrin.gif

Slightly off-topic.. but why is it that British coaches and players never seem to leave the island? It's hard to find many that do. Robson at Barca, Hodson at Finland, but I struggle to think of many after that. unsure.gif

As for players, Becks, Macca, Owen and Woodgate went to Madrid, can't think of many more recently!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 4 2009, 11:36 AM) *
biggrin.gif

Slightly off-topic.. but why is it that British coaches and players never seem to leave the island? It's hard to find many that do. Robson at Barca, Hodson at Finland, but I struggle to think of many after that. unsure.gif

As for players, Becks, Macca, Owen and Woodgate went to Madrid, can't think of many more recently!

the crumpets are too good man. Theres no way they would survive the mornings without the the english tea and biscuit. It would throw off their whole game innocent.gif laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 4 2009, 07:36 PM) *
Slightly off-topic.. but why is it that British coaches and players never seem to leave the island?

It's obviously the food that's keeping them in the island!
Tennie
Or the Irn Bru. biggrin.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 4 2009, 08:20 AM) *

carlo wanted neverson...

I can understand why he has little say in who we buy.
Tennie
He also wanted Ribery and Ibrahimovic and Silvio said no. Don't know if we can, currently, say that management is any better.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 4 2009, 09:09 PM) *
He also wanted Ribery and Ibrahimovic and Silvio said no. Don't know if we can, currently, say that management is any better.

Ribery was too expensive for Milan and after Calciopoli, Juve didn't want to deal with us(understandably). So carlo doesn't do too badly. I agree about the management though, after years of poor quality players with ridiculously high contracts we are now paying the price. It's time to cut the sentimentality crap and clear the deadwood out - something we should have done years ago.
dst
I don't like the way you put it... "cut the sentimentality crap"... we do need to find a balance but I like the basics of the way we operate.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 4 2009, 09:52 PM) *
I don't like the way you put it... "cut the sentimentality crap"... we do need to find a balance but I like the basics of the way we operate.

Players who have payed their whole career at Milan deserve respect while the others are just players. We have been too sentimental with deadwood players(dodo, neverson, favalli etc) who have been given excellent contracts even though they have not deserved them. We are now paying the price for this sentimentality crap.

whoarethepatriots
I agree with I Rossoneri, being sentimental with players like Maldini, Costacurta etc is fine because they have been soldiers through the years, being sentimental with Emerson and Favalli is not okay. I have no problem with Dida staying but not a 60k a week wage
Habitant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 4 2009, 06:36 PM) *
biggrin.gif

lineker and gascoigne
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Habitant @ Mar 5 2009, 12:16 AM) *
lineker and gascoigne

That was 20 years ago though! It just doesn't seem to happen muh nowadays, clearly our food and weather is superior to everything. rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 5 2009, 03:23 AM) *
carlo wanted neverson...

I can understand why he has little say in who we buy.

You know that was a long time ago right? Back when Rino was the only proper DM we had, and Ambro was injured. That's when he said he'd like a player like Emerson coz he could give Pirlo protection.

It's like a case of when you're 9 and you want a toy pony to play Cowboy on, and your dad gets it for you when you're 12 years old and you want a Playstation, saying, "See! It's what you always wanted!"

Neverson... laugh.gif

You can't do anything about contracts man. They're signed at the time of closing the deal. Dida's new contract was a way of showing confidence in him, just like it was with Gilardino. Clubs do that all the time.

You can't cut up a contract every year and make a new one with lesser pay. Not every player is Redondo.

Kaka got his new contract coz of Madrid and the superhuman display in the CL. This last two seasons he's a little off. So do we make a new contract that takes him from his 170,000 a week and bring it to say Lampard's level of 120,000. Since now, you could argue, he's been 'only' as effective as Lampard for Chelsea.

P.S: I'm worried this would be construed as Kaka criticism. So feel free to pull in Pirlo and put him on a 50,000 a week salary as well. Since Pirlo's been 'only' as effective as a Sneijder/Gago. (No idea if that's what they earn, but you get the picture).
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 4 2009, 10:07 PM) *
You know that was a long time ago right? Back when Rino was the only proper DM we had, and Ambro was injured. That's when he said he'd like a player like Emerson coz he could give Pirlo protection.

It's like a case of when you're 9 and you want a toy pony to play Cowboy on, and your dad gets it for you when you're 12 years old and you want a Playstation, saying, "See! It's what you always wanted!"

Neverson... laugh.gif

You can't do anything about contracts man. They're signed at the time of closing the deal. Dida's new contract was a way of showing confidence in him, just like it was with Gilardino. Clubs do that all the time.

You can't cut up a contract every year and make a new one with lesser pay. Not every player is Redondo.

Kaka got his new contract coz of Madrid and the superhuman display in the CL. This last two seasons he's a little off. So do we make a new contract that takes him from his 170,000 a week and bring it to say Lampard's level of 120,000. Since now, you could argue, he's been 'only' as effective as Lampard for Chelsea.

P.S: I'm worried this would be construed as Kaka criticism. So feel free to pull in Pirlo and put him on a 50,000 a week salary as well. Since Pirlo's been 'only' as effective as a Sneijder/Gago. (No idea if that's what they earn, but you get the picture).

HOW DARE YOU!!! KAKA deserves every penny !!! FUTURE CAPTAIN SHOULD NEVER GET CRITIZED mad.gif

j/k tongue.gif tongue.gif <3 ya jacky poo
Jack Sparrow
I'm not jackiepoo. dry.gif

poo is for pommies. mishiepoo, kurtiepoo, I_Rossipoo, M1keypoo, Ashleypoo and so on....

I'm jackie boy. cry.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 4 2009, 10:32 PM) *

poo is for pommies. mishiepoo, kurtiepoo, I_Rossipoo, M1keypoo, Ashleypoo and so on....

I'm jackie boy. cry.gif

as mourinho would say. no, shut up drogba.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 5 2009, 04:32 AM) *

I'm jackie boy. cry.gif

You iz teh ghey.

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 5 2009, 05:21 AM) *
as mourinho would say. no, shut up drogba.

biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
dry.gif Meanie-f@ckin-head....silence! I KILL YOU!
MizNelson
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 4 2009, 02:12 PM) *
deadwood players(dodo)

dry.gif
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 5 2009, 12:12 AM) *
Players who have payed their whole career at Milan deserve respect while the others are just players. We have been too sentimental with deadwood players(dodo, neverson, favalli etc) who have been given excellent contracts even though they have not deserved them. We are now paying the price for this sentimentality crap.

What thepatriotsareus said:

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 5 2009, 01:54 AM) *
I agree with I Rossoneri, being sentimental with players like Maldini, Costacurta etc is fine because they have been soldiers through the years, being sentimental with Emerson and Favalli is not okay. I have no problem with Dida staying but not a 60k a week wage
Jack Sparrow
Favalli again. Yeesh! rolleyes.gif

I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 4 2009, 11:54 PM) *

Dodo is on £4m a season, or £80,000 a week to warm the bench - IIRC neverson is also on the same amount!

No wonder we're in financial difficulties rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
Favalli, why do you hate that guy so much?
Bluesummers
ex interista, taking up a better defender's spot. Paying 40k a week. 38 years old. Not benefiticial for the club's current state or future. At least thats why I personally dont want him at milan.
Jack Sparrow
Taking up a better defender's spot? Bluey for the love of god, please point out a better fourth choice defender to me.

Is it his fault, that the three others in front of him in the lineup are injured?? As for his salary, it'll be lesser with the new contract. I also expect him to move into backroom work when he retires. Milan has seen someting in him, and they want to use it in future. I remember someone in the interview, saying Favalli was the smartest player he's ever seen.

To be handed the armband, also means he's got a presence in the dressing room.

ex-Interista?? That's plain juvenile. He's as much ex-Interista as Pirlo and Zee. Let's hate them both with passion and want them out as well.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 7 2009, 07:08 AM) *
He's as much ex-Interista as Pirlo and Zee. Let's hate them both with passion and want them out as well.

Based on their performances of the last few years..
MizNelson
Amen, Jack. I'm more bothered by the fact that at one point we were (or still are) paying do-nothings like Digao and Chedric Seedorf. At least Favalli has contributed something to the club this season.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 7 2009, 01:08 AM) *
Taking up a better defender's spot? Bluey for the love of god, please point out a better fourth choice defender to me.

Is it his fault, that the three others in front of him in the lineup are injured?? As for his salary, it'll be lesser with the new contract. I also expect him to move into backroom work when he retires. Milan has seen someting in him, and they want to use it in future. I remember someone in the interview, saying Favalli was the smartest player he's ever seen.

To be handed the armband, also means he's got a presence in the dressing room.

ex-Interista?? That's plain juvenile. He's as much ex-Interista as Pirlo and Zee. Let's hate them both with passion and want them out as well.

that is why i said imo tongue.gif Better 4th place defender, darmian. I can't comment on the backroom work because I haven't heard anything. About the contract as well I haven't heard if it will go down so I can't really comment. If favalli gets the armband then kaka should have it next season forsure. I thought we went by seniority and i'm sure with pirlo and inzaghi on the field, he shouldn't be wearing it.

Pirlo seedorf have been with us 6-7 years. Favalli has been here 3 years? Pirlo/seedorf helped our club win 2 CL trophies, favalli has not.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 7 2009, 10:15 AM) *
Pirlo seedorf have been with us 6-7 years. Favalli has been here 3 years? Pirlo/seedorf helped our club win 2 CL trophies, favalli has not.

Pato hasn't helped us win any trophies either. What's your point?
I_Rossoneri
Personally I feel Favalli has been ok for us but if we're to progress and plan for the future then we need to be looking at younger alternatives. At least Favalli is on a contract that is reasonable.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 7 2009, 08:45 AM) *
Amen, Jack. I'm more bothered by the fact that at one point we were (or still are) paying do-nothings like Digao and Chedric Seedorf. At least Favalli has contributed something to the club this season.

I hope you include Dodo in that list^^ smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 7 2009, 12:55 PM) *
Pato hasn't helped us win any trophies either. What's your point?

Pato wasn't wearing the captains armband.....
Jack Sparrow
Better 4th place defender - Darmian? So you would have a nice kid who needs to play more to get better as fourth choice?? That would work....
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 7 2009, 03:36 PM) *
I hope you include Dodo in that list^^ smile.gif

Oh no you didn't!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 8 2009, 10:56 PM) *
Better 4th place defender - Darmian? So you would have a nice kid who needs to play more to get better as fourth choice?? That would work....

Lets look at our cb:

Senderos
maldini
kaladze
nesta
bonera
favalli
darmian

Where would you play darmian?

I would rather have 2 soild cbs
1 cb/fullback on the bench
1 youth defender

so in our case right now: nesta bonera/senderos to start
bench: 1 other CB or WB and darmian.

that way depending on how were doing or who were playing we could give the youngster time.

But no our bench has to be favalli/kaladze etc.

I dont mind favalli being in milan but I do mind him getting more playing time than darmian.

Realistically you would never expect darmian to start anyways, just get 15/20 minutes here and there to help him improve. But what carlo does is just ruin the young talent by playing them for 1 minute.
il_diavolo_mtl
what would you guys think of ranieri?
i think the tinker-master is something we have been sorely missing.
he has done a good job to involve all of the players on his squad, which has developed the youth players significantly: Marchiso, de ceglie. Giovinco(an italian Viudez:P). marchioni.
The players play for him and give it their all on evry chance they get, he has always been criticized for tinkering too much, but when your squad is full of players that fell like the job is theirs and their is realistically no chance at being replaced (Seedorf), they don't see the need to fully invest themselves to their capabilities.
I know this is far-fetched, but with ranieri coming under fire at Juve recently (for reasons i have mentioned)
would it be that impossible?
Thoughts?

Fillipo Simone
Ranieri? Ex Palermo? Nooo...I mean, you guys criticize Ancelotti, but this guy,...with this guy we won't we a single important title in decades, and we'll still play/do good. Is that what you really want?
il_diavolo_mtl
i'm a younger fan so i really don't know much of his backround. I only know his tactics and they don't seem that bad.Can you explain to me his Palermo situation please so i can better know his credentials
Bluesummers
If were going for a coach we might as well go for the heavy hitters. Ranieri is average coach and is lucky we are sh*tting the bed the right now.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 9 2009, 08:10 PM) *
i'm a younger fan so i really don't know much of his backround. I only know his tactics and they don't seem that bad.Can you explain to me his Palermo situation please so i can better know his credentials

Oh, naturally. He was a Palermo player back decades ago and ever since he's like an institution at that club. Other then that he's a southern coach, he played/coached (if I'm not wrong) at Napoli also. I think Milan will always choose a Milan-related coach, if not first hand coache's like Rijkaard and Van Basten, then maybe Novellino or Donadoni.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 9 2009, 02:01 PM) *
Oh, naturally. He was a Palermo player back decades ago and ever since he's like an institution at that club. Other then that he's a southern coach, he played/coached (if I'm not wrong) at Napoli also. I think Milan will always choose a Milan-related coach, if not first hand coache's like Rijkaard and Van Basten, then maybe Novellino or Donadoni.

Or me when the time is right biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.