> [NT] National Team competitions, Euro qualifying, friendlies, etc

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 8 2010, 06:12 AM
Post #76

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Ibra scores. Pato scores. Silva looks good. Robinho assists. Pirlo is conducting symphonies from midfield. Be still my thumping heart!! It can't all come together at once!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Sep 8 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #77

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 7 2010, 11:24 PM) *
Ronaldo didn't even play!

I'm still getting over Murray going out in the US Open, then saying he was definitely fit enough but his fitness somehow let him down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) If Scotland drew or lost to Liechtenstein I would have died of laughter.

Your point being... ? The picture I was looking for was one of a crying Portuguese, and rather than sitting through pages of google images results, I took the easy route and googled this guy instead.
Crying Portuguese - That's it. End of. 1-0. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 8 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #78

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Pirlo is back people! Not just because of the free-kick goal, but his general play was amazing. I was still a little unsure if it was just the space Lecce gave him when we played but he obviously found his form again, I don't think I saw one bad pass on his part last night. And the free-kick was just amazing, I don't think he's scored one in over a year.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 8 2010, 02:01 PM
Post #79

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 8 2010, 11:35 AM) *
Pirlo is back people! Not just because of the free-kick goal, but his general play was amazing. I was still a little unsure if it was just the space Lecce gave him when we played but he obviously found his form again, I don't think I saw one bad pass on his part last night. And the free-kick was just amazing, I don't think he's scored one in over a year.

It's a good season to be in shape for. With our strikers line, he can break the assist reacord (whatever it might be).

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Sep 8 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #80

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 8 2010, 06:35 AM) *
Your point being... ? The picture I was looking for was one of a crying Portuguese, and rather than sitting through pages of google images results, I took the easy route and googled this guy instead.
Crying Portuguese - That's it. End of. 1-0. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

Hmm, just that he is obviously their best player, yet he didn't even play!

That would have been like United fans posting pictures of Pato crying from last years CL...!

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Sep 8 2010, 04:48 PM
Post #81

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 8 2010, 03:42 PM) *
Hmm, just that he is obviously their best player, yet he didn't even play!

That would have been like United fans posting pictures of Pato crying from last years CL...!

Well I've already explained why I chose that picture, but clearly the issue of importance here is me posting the wrong picture. Not my country beating one of the best national teams in Europe. Profound apologies.

This post has been edited by Locke Lamora: Sep 8 2010, 04:48 PM

+Quote Post

servbot
post Sep 8 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #82

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

Congrats on the big win Locke.

Can we really take anything from Italy or Pirlo's performance yesterday? It was against the Faroe Islands. No ill intention towards the good people there, but they'd probably be beaten by a 3rd division (Serie C?) Italian side.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 8 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #83

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (servbot @ Sep 8 2010, 04:15 PM) *
Congrats on the big win Locke.

Can we really take anything from Italy or Pirlo's performance yesterday? It was against the Faroe Islands. No ill intention towards the good people there, but they'd probably be beaten by a 3rd division (Serie C?) Italian side.

Obviously they're not a great team, but what was concerning me in preseason was the fact that Pirlo was misplacing passes he usually does with his eyes closed, in the Italy and Milan games he's been pin point accurate. He also seems to have dropped trying that flat freekick technique, which he had been using these past few seasons and went for the curler. Not to mention the 3 assists off corners he's made in just 2 games

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Sep 8 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #84

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 8 2010, 12:39 PM) *
Obviously they're not a great team, but what was concerning me in preseason was the fact that Pirlo was misplacing passes he usually does with his eyes closed, in the Italy and Milan games he's been pin point accurate. He also seems to have dropped trying that flat freekick technique, which he had been using these past few seasons and went for the curler. Not to mention the 3 assists off corners he's made in just 2 games

I think he uses the knuckle ball in long-distance situations. I can't remember the last time Milan got a free kick that close to the 18yrd box, we're due for a few.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 8 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #85

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Sep 8 2010, 04:50 PM) *
I think he uses the knuckle ball in long-distance situations. I can't remember the last time Milan got a free kick that close to the 18yrd box, we're due for a few.

Last season we got a lot, but both Pirlo and Dinho were misfiring badly from them.

I remember short distance free-kicks he's scored with that flat ball that slightly wobbles. Especially in the 05/06 season, Carlo dubbed it Pirlo's "full proof technique" at scoring from free-kicks

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 8 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #86

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Aye, there was a period around the 05/06 season when he scored something like 5-6 goals from those free kicks. But now he just misses them miserably.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 8 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #87

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

I'll pretend I haven't read what you have write about Pirlo ...

Next time there will be blood (IMG:style_emoticons/default/guntootsmiley2.gif)

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 8 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #88

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

Oh please, it's the truth. Pirlo free kicks are a terrible thing to watch these years (knowing how he did them in the past).

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 8 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #89

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Yup. I love Pirlo as much as you do, d'Arc, but his free kicks have been poop in the last few years.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Sep 8 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #90

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 8 2010, 04:48 PM) *
Well I've already explained why I chose that picture, but clearly the issue of importance here is me posting the wrong picture. Not my country beating one of the best national teams in Europe. Profound apologies.

Eh?! All I said was Ronaldo didn't play (and he's an important player), who you posted a picture of! Then tried to make an analogy that both, you and I would commonly understand.

I didn't mean to cause offence, or take anything away from the victory.

+Quote Post

175 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:48 AM