Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Striker Factor

Rossoneri7
post Jul 22 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #31

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 22 2006, 05:43 PM)
He had Ribery &/or Malouda as well didn't he? I hope you don't mean Pirlo, Kaka & Gourcuff all at the same time, that's too many playmakers don't you think?

No Gourcuff is young, even Kaka didn't make the first team when he came to us. So, I think he will be a sub for at least 6 months till he gets intuned with our tactical system.

Plus, it would be suicide to play in the Serie A with the three that u stated, while Seedorf gives a defensive role in the midfield that balances things out. So yeah if we play with the three of them, that would definatly put our defense to the sword.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 23 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #32

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 22 2006, 05:43 PM)
He had Ribery &/or Malouda as well didn't he? I hope you don't mean Pirlo, Kaka & Gourcuff all at the same time, that's too many playmakers don't you think?

No I don't. Whether it will be Gourcuff or Seedorf they should play along with Kaka and Pirlo!

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 22 2006, 05:55 PM)
Pirlo sucked in the AM role big time .. but his role with us is just perfect for him, so I wouldnt change that.

Everyone sucks at Inter, even Bergkamp, Seedorf and Cannavaro did, that doesn't mean anything.However we shouldn't try it, I made a mistake placing him next to Kaka and I already noted it! His role for us sucks big time, he should be allowed to play just like he did in Italy!!!!HUGE difference

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 22 2006, 05:55 PM)
Milan said Sheva will be replaced with an equal, and that's a fact.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!Galliani DID NOT say anything about replacing him right now which means we might very well play with one striker (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Is it so scary because we "always play with two strikers" (which is not true anyway) ??? C'mon buddy you know Milan, we don't "always" do something we "can do anything" (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

milanista1899
post Jul 23 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #33

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 735

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 23 2006, 08:18 PM)
No I don't. Whether it will be Gourcuff or Seedorf they should play along with Kaka and Pirlo!

Gourcoff or Seedorf? You make it sound like the 1st is a replacement for the 2nd which is complete crap! Pirlo is a defensive creative midfielder not a trequartista like Kaka who plays behind TWO strikers, as is Gourcoff if and when he plays. You need to let go of your obsession of Pirlo being a no.10 and there being like a zillion playmakers - it ain't gonna happen! Besides, Rui Costa couldn't co-exist with Kaka so I don't think Gourcoff will, not least because he seems to be the same type of player as him.
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 23 2006, 08:18 PM)
Galliani DID NOT say anything about replacing him right now which means we might very well play with one striker
So what if Sheva isn't "replaced" straight away? (which I don't think is possible anyway!) We have 4 strikers; Amoroso, Borriello, Gilardino & Inzaghi. That's enough to keep playing with 2 up front all season, even if I hope we get a quality striker in or before January.

+Quote Post

dudernahata
post Jul 23 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #34

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 572

QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 23 2006, 01:58 PM)
Gourcoff or Seedorf? You make it sound like the 1st is a replacement for the 2nd which is complete crap! Pirlo is a defensive creative midfielder not a trequartista like Kaka who plays behind TWO strikers, as is Gourcoff if and when he plays. You need to let go of your obsession of Pirlo being a no.10 and there being like a zillion playmakers - it ain't gonna happen! Besides, Rui Costa couldn't co-exist with Kaka so I don't think Gourcoff will, not least because he seems to be the same type of player as him.
So what if Sheva isn't "replaced" straight away? (which I don't think is possible anyway!) We have 4 strikers; Amoroso, Borriello, Gilardino & Inzaghi. That's enough to keep playing with 2 up front all season, even if I hope we get a quality striker in or before January.

1. we can't play 2 strikers with the four that we have right now, it just won't work and has been explained many times why it won't work.
2. did u even watch the italy games in this world cup??? pirlo wasd easily the best and most creative midfielder in the tournament. so to give him a more creative role would be great. he was being creative while still playing with totti as the CAM so i believe what DST is trying tro say is that he shouldnt be played side by side with kaka but given a little more attacking responsibilities.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 23 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #35

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Our attack at the moment is pure sh!t. We need a striker that can dribble and give assists, which we don't have. Torres would be perfect in that way, cause his abilities are similiar to Sheva's ones. Even Ibrahimovic would make the job, but I don't want him. Either way, I say we get Crespo and play with only one striker, so he, Gila and Pippo can alternate during the season.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 24 2006, 12:39 AM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 23 2006, 10:54 PM)
Our attack at the moment is pure sh!t. We need a striker that can dribble and give assists, which we don't have. Torres would be perfect in that way, cause his abilities are similiar to Sheva's ones. Even Ibrahimovic would make the job, but I don't want him. Either way, I say we get Crespo and play with only one striker, so he, Gila and Pippo can alternate during the season.

Right know that would be the best option, to get Crespo, play the xmas tree formation and alternate between the players. I can't think of anyone right know that could do what Sheva did, and I especially don't want Ibra, Torres, don't know but I would prefer Tevez over him any day, I think he would score more goals and also dribble and make assists.

As for the Pirlo thing, I don't think we can compare Milan to what Italy where playing, Itale where playing a 4-4-1-1 formation and that way Pirlo is more free because of both Gattuso and Perrotta covering for him plus Totti was practically inexistant so Pirlo was doing all the creative work. I can't see us playing with a 4 man midfield, but I do think that Pirlo shouldn't be as close to the defence and pushed a bit more up, we normally play with a diamond midfield with Pirlo playing really deep I think that is what dst is referring to that Pirlo should have a more advanced position and not have as much defensive duties.

Either way we definately need a good right back preferably Oddo and a centre back I would like to see Barzagli come. And a good striker, if we are going to play the Christmas tree formation then I would get Crespo but if we insist on playing with 2 strikers (I don't know why) we should definately get Tevez

+Quote Post

milanista1899
post Jul 24 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #37

Esordienti A 95

QUOTE (dudernahata @ Jul 23 2006, 11:42 PM)
1. we can't play 2 strikers with the four that we have right now, it just won't work and has been explained many times why it won't work.
2. did u even watch the italy games in this world cup??? pirlo wasd easily the best and most creative midfielder in the tournament. so to give him a more creative role would be great. he was being creative while still playing with totti as the CAM so i believe what DST is trying tro say is that he shouldnt be played side by side with kaka but given a little more attacking responsibilities.

1. Well I haven't heard why not so can you explain?

2. Yea I watched them all and yea he was creative, I even said that! He plays the same for Italy as Milan. There's no difference if he plays with Totti or Kaka because they have the same role and characteristics. They're both used as playmakers while Pirlo plays either in front of the defence or in line with the midfielders, only coming forward to take free kicks or the odd shot. Just because he plays further back than Kaka doesn't make him any less creative and he gives a lot of assists & though balls in that position. So why change things? he & Kaka will only get in each others way, & if it ain't broke don't fix it!

This post has been edited by milanista1899: Jul 24 2006, 12:49 AM

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 24 2006, 03:12 AM
Post #38

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 23 2006, 11:58 PM)
Gourcoff or Seedorf? You make it sound like the 1st is a replacement for the 2nd which is complete crap!

I don't make anything sound anyhow ... It's how you like to hear it.I didn't mean what you think!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
we can play with 2 strikers picking up from the 4 available?.HA HA.You're kidding, right?Nope.No way.NO!!!

QUOTE (dudernahata @ Jul 24 2006, 01:42 AM)

thank you, thank you and ... thank you!!!!

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 24 2006, 02:39 AM)
...if we insist on playing with 2 strikers (I don't know why) we should definately get Tevez

Oh thanks God there's someone else not obsessed with the two strikers formation in these forums!!!!

QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 24 2006, 02:44 AM)
Yea I watched them all and yea he was creative, I even said that! He plays the same for Italy as Milan. There's no difference if he plays with Totti or Kaka because they have the same role and characteristics. They're both used as playmakers while Pirlo plays either in front of the defence or in line with the midfielders, only coming forward to take free kicks or the odd shot. Just because he plays further back than Kaka doesn't make him any less creative and he gives a lot of assists & though balls in that position. So why change things? he & Kaka will only get in each others way, & if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Well if by HE you mean Pirlo (we're talking about Andrea Pirlo, right?) the one playing in AC Milan then no he definetely doesn't play the same for Italy and Milan.Actually in Milan his role is so restraining that he's the first one I thought would leave if we were relegated!!!!! What are you talking about man? The only similarity between the two roles is that he's the first one to take the ball from the defence.However his role in Milan stops in midfield, name me a game where you saw him have the ball closer than 30 meters outside of the opposition's box!!!! There isn't ... and so the only creative thing he did all year was take long balls and most of them were utterly inacurate! Browse the match threads; you'll see that people (me too) were heavily bashing Pirlo (mosty since the second half of the season when he came back more and more) because "Pirlo was crap, he didn't do (=create) anything".In reality he was excellent in most of those games because simply his job was to guard the defence, not create!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Also Totti and Kaka have a great difference in their play: Kaka takes the ball from the flanks and converges to the centre while Totti plays on the axis stricly!!!!
Still they both don't defend!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I was very surprised when Ricky did defend in the WC sometimes.(Damn even though I hate Brazil - the team - I wish that stupid piece of sh1t Parreira hadn't put in Pernambucano cause he didn't do anything but destroy Ricky's game - watch the game again and you'll get what I mean - otherwise Kaka would have kicked France's @sses.)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Let's hope for the best anyway (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

This post has been edited by dst: Jul 24 2006, 03:15 AM

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Jul 24 2006, 04:07 AM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 2,128

What are you guys talking about.Teams with one strikers don't score to many gols. Gilardino isn't good enough to be alone up front cuz he'll be worn out and so is gonna be for Crespo, if he comes. I also think that we should get Miguel instead of oddo.If Oddo was that good he should have made the first shirt for italy. And just forget about Barzaghi, cuz he's not the milan type or what i call levels yet.
In terms of strikers, we should get either Torres/Tevez.Both are skillful and really good and would definitely be legends in the future. Speaking of midfield, are we still getting Ze' Roberto? Hope he still comes.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jul 24 2006, 06:34 AM
Post #40

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jul 23 2006, 09:07 PM)
What are you guys talking about.Teams with one strikers don't score to many gols.

Wrong! Barca played most of their games with one striker last season and they scored the most goals in Europe. Thing is we can definitely score a lot of goals with the Xmas tree formation. Kaka is a great scorer. If we give him a more attacking responsibilty, he will only score more. That's what Barca do with Ronaldinho. Sure, we're going to play differently, but we'll be as attack minded as ever. This is the only realistic choice we have as things stand. Torres is our last hope. Tevez? We all no he isn't coming. Why even bother talking about him?

Gilardino isn't good enough to be alone up front cuz he'll be worn out

Wrong again! I think Gila will score even more and play much better with this formation. He was a lone striker when he played at Parma and there was no stopping him. Gila will be top scorer of Serie A next season. I'm so confident! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 24 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #41

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jul 24 2006, 06:07 AM)
What are you guys talking about.Teams with one strikers don't score to many gols. Gilardino isn't good enough to be alone up front cuz he'll be worn out and so is gonna be for Crespo, if he comes. I also think that we should get Miguel instead of oddo.If Oddo was that good he should have made the first shirt for italy. And just forget about Barzaghi, cuz he's not the milan type or what i call levels yet.
In terms of strikers, we should get either Torres/Tevez.Both are skillful and really good and would definitely be legends in the future. Speaking of midfield, are we still getting Ze' Roberto? Hope he still comes.

Oh, OK so maybe this year we won't score a century of goals ... pitiful Milan

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 24 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #42

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Gilardino isn't good enough to be alone up front cuz he'll be worn out and so is gonna be for Crespo, if he comes.

Gilsrdino played as a loan striker at Parma and he always got over 20 goals in each season and he didn't have someone like Kaka behind him feeding him balls, I think he would definately be better as the loan striker then how we played him last season.

I also think that we should get Miguel instead of oddo.If Oddo was that good he should have made the first shirt for italy.

Ask Lippi, when Zambrotta was injured he used Zaccardo (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (does that mean he's better then Oddo? No way). And when Zambrotta was ready to play he used him as a right back and Grosso as the left back, I'm sure he wasn't going to bench Zambrotta and play Oddo

And just forget about Barzaghi, cuz he's not the milan type or what i call levels yet.

Not yet but he is still young and will continue to develop with time, and right now I can't think of any good centre backs that are young and good enough to come to Milan.

In terms of strikers, we should get either Torres/Tevez.Both are skillful and really good and would definitely be legends in the future.

I don't think we have a chance of signing either of them and I would prefer Tevez over Torres anyday

Speaking of midfield, are we still getting Ze' Roberto? Hope he still comes.

I hope he doesn't come, sure he is good and was one of Brazil's decent players in the world cup, but come on he is old and we have Serginho who can play very well in Ze Roberto's posititon

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 24 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #43

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 23 2006, 10:18 PM)
Everyone sucks at Inter, even Bergkamp, Seedorf and Cannavaro did, that doesn't mean anything.However we shouldn't try it, I made a mistake placing him next to Kaka and I already noted it! His role for us sucks big time, he should be allowed to play just like he did in Italy!!!!HUGE difference

It would be wonderful for our team to have Pirlo play the way he did at the WC. Ancelotti brought it up sometime last season, about giving him some freedom .. But I don't think so; I see what you mean, you want him to play like Rijkaard, but he lacks speed and balance .. and for a competition like Serie A, speed and balance are crucial. Still, I am curious to see if the coach would give him some freedom. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 23 2006, 10:18 PM)
Is it so scary because we "always play with two strikers" (which is not true anyway) ??? C'mon buddy you know Milan, we don't "always" do something we "can do anything"  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)   (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The X- tree was a formation Carlo used with Milan time'n'time again. But the point is this:

e.g. "God forbid", Gila gets a three months injury .. Is Milan going to rely on Inzaghi (I'm talking about back to back 90 min matches) ?

e.g. 2 "God forbid", Kaka gets the injury .. then what ? how's the x-tree gonna work? (remember he is 80% of our attacking potential when Sheva was here, imagine how much rests on his shoulders now).

That's one way of looking at it, even if you played with one striker and rotated them, u'd still be in deep sh1t if one of them gets a lengthy lay-over. You may say Barca does it, but look at Barca's midfield .. it can afford to play with one upfront or no man upfront, bcz of the vast array of talent that r seated on the bench (if not on the field).

And your right, we can do anything (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Jul 24 2006, 06:03 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 24 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #44

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 24 2006, 07:49 PM)
It would be wonderful for our team to have Pirlo play the way he did at the WC. Ancelotti brought it up sometime last season, about giving him some freedom .. But I don't think so; I see what you mean, you want him to play like Rijkaard...

Well not exactly; Rijkard was more like the ghost striker, coming from the back and scoring.He wasn't the playmaker of the team.(Ahhh..... Rijkard (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif) ) .Simply,regarding Pirlo, what I want to see in Milan is what we all saw in Italy at the World Cup!!!!

About the injuries; well IMO it's easier to substitute a striker with another one if he's injured than rotate from 2 striker to one (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Also, as you said, we rely - just like last year - a lot on Kaka (sometimes it seems like he wins all by himself, which is utterly not true) so this is like last year or the year before that: We can't afford losing him even for a month!!!!
Irrelevant:Isn't nice that everyone thinks he's weak and play him hard, in order to dishearten and/or hurt him but he kicks their @sses???I love it!!! That and also when someone pulls his shirt, I just luuuuuuuuuuuuuv the way he stops (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

milanista1899
post Jul 24 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #45

Esordienti A 95

Gilsrdino played as a loan striker at Parma and he always got over 20 goals in each season and he didn't have someone like Kaka behind him feeding him balls
Actually he did, he had Morfeo - who he wanted to follow him (back) to Milan.

e.g. 2 "God forbid", Kaka gets the injury .. then what ? how's the x-tree gonna work?
Gourcoff!

I still haven't heard why we can't use 2 up front with the Strikers we have, or if we get Crespo. All I've heard is "no, it won't work" please explain why not! I'm not saying we can't ever play with 1 up + Kaka, because we have before but only now and then, the main formation is 4-3-1-2 and I think (& hope) it will stay the same. We'll have to wait and see!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:34 AM