Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Striker Factor
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2
dst
Guys, a lot of talk has been going on recently about the incompleteness of our attacking line and I thought I should make a thread about it.

Do you really think we are in need of an attacker??

The problem of this team for the past 4 years has been its defencive function!!!!The Depor and Intanbul (I'm still not over this cry.gif) incidents, last year's elimination from Barca, difficulty in winning low-ability teams have all been due to our defence!

Costacurta is not there still to play in CL, maybe only as a sub!Kladze? Well he's simply not good enough to be in the first XI as a CB in Milan's all legendary defence!!!!!

Last year even in the matches where we did not concede our defence was a mess ... Leaving chances against "small" teams is unacceptable for an Italian defence and our display in Nou Camp was simply pathetic!!!!

Our defence needs to be completely rebuilt, that's our problem!!!!!

Last year we won every single match in which Sheva did not play and we subsequently had to play with a lone striker.Means we're in no need of Sheva or such a type of striker!

We must throw money on defence as we need an RB, an LB, a CB and possibly a goalie!!!!!! In adittion, we need a DMF!!!!!!!!That's essential!!!! In Pirlo, we have an exceptionally good '10' restrained in keeping the defence safe.That's a crime and anything less than a great DMF this summer would be a scandal!!!!!!!! mad.gif

Just imagine what can the duo of Pirlo + Kaka produce upfront and you'll be amazed ... There's no striker out there that is so good worth the money and the risk taken.Cause even Teves and especially Torres are no guarantee!!!

So, please focus on what IMO is really our problem!!!!

Essential signings: RB, LB, DMF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... devil.gif
Rossoneri7
Good post dst .. Our defense def needs modification, the old guard of Nesta and Maldini is gone as was that of Baresi and Maldini; We need a fresh defense.

A RB is what we are in need more than anything, as we saw in the past season it was out weak point, which Gattuso was working overtime to cover.

A DM, I don't think we need one, we have Vogel, Gattuso, and Ambro .. I see no reason in why we should get another.

A LB, well Serginho is 34, and although his performance is world class (his speed and crosses), he has trouble covering the back line..

But to answer ur Q on do we need an extra striker? Yes we do, Milan is one short of a striker. Inzaghi is superpippo, I mean what else can I say about him, he is extraordinary, but as Maldini, he too is old and we r going to be forced to replace him sooner or later. Amoroso, well he is new to us, he proved to be good when he was in Sao Paolo, but are we going to take the risk? What if Gila got Injured? Do u think Pippo can play back to back 90 minute games?!

I find it unrealistic, as we will be facing the same prob we had faced on our defence last season, but this time it will be on our attack.
dst
We need two DMFs in the first XI: Vogel and mostly Ambro are only good as subs!!!
We should play like this:
------------------ Gila ------
----------- Pirlo ------- Kaka -------

-- Gourcuff/Seedorf ---- Gatusso --

----------- Diarra/Mascherano ------
Rossoneri7
Milan plays with two forwards .. W or w/o Shevchenko, Milan will play with two forwards
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 21 2006, 04:34 PM)
Milan plays with two forwards .. W or w/o Shevchenko, Milan will play with two forwards

what do you mean?? We'll be forced to buy a striker just to fulfil that????
Milan also you used to play with a libero, now we don't!!!!!!!!!!!! ......................
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 02:14 PM)
We need two DMFs in the first XI: Vogel and mostly Ambro are only good as subs!!!

Now I don't agree with Pilro playing next to Kakà. Pirlo should not move from his position in front of the defense. It's what made him famous in Milan and Italy. If you really want to play with two supporters for the only striker, then they should be Kakà and Gourcuff.
misha
Of course we need to reinforce our defence but we need to buy world class striker as well.
Gila is a good league striker but he needs to gain more international experience (WC+CL =1 goal)
Inzaghi is 33 and he has tendency to injuries.
Amoroso is not a Milan quality player.
So we have two normal strikers and one of them is old. Even if you play with one stiker all season (most likely wont happen) you need to have 3 good strikers in the squad.
As for defence we need at least 3 players, one in each position.
RB - Miguel or Oddo
CB - Barzaghli or Chivu
LB - Jankulovski should play(he is better than Serginho defensively) but Ancelotti doesn't trust him enough and brought Fawalli to cover Serginho
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 12:44 PM)
Do you really think we are in need of an attacker??

Essential signings: RB, LB, DMF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
... devil.gif

1) Yes. 1. Inzaghi is always with injuries problems, Amoroso is not quality... so only Gilardino upfront? I don't think so.

2) For the left we got Favalli. smile.gif

We really need a RB, Cafu is old and Simic is not as ofensive as Milan need... a DMF, I don't think so. Ambrosini is staying? Vogel too? ... def' no.
milanista1899
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 02:14 PM)

What the f**k is that? huh.gif dst, I think you've lost the plot lol. laugh.gif As if we're gonna get Diarra or Mascherano anyway! We DO have 2 DMFs in the 1st 11 - Gattuso & Pirlo! (also with Seedorf for support) Ambro will be the sub for Pirlo (said Ancelotti) as Brocchi will be for Rino.

Rossoneri7's right, we always play with 2 strikers, and rightly so. Heard we could get Crespo, that would be awesome. If not we could see how we get on 'til January with Pippo, Gila, Amoroso & Borriello. We don't need to "replace" Sheva, we couldn't anyway - he's a one-off!

Not happy with Favalli, but there's also Serginho & Jankulovski for LB. (I know he'd normally be a sub for Seedorf.) I think everyone should lay off Kaladze, since he's moved to CB he's been great & Galliani agrees with me. Not sure about keeping Simic, he'll be the sub for Cafu at RB.

I'll agree with you on 1 thing dst, our performance against Barca was pathetic, but only for the same reason as Juve's was against Arsenal - we played 3 days before that match (against Messina, where Nesta, Cafu & Kaka got injured. Not to mention the other players already injured) Barca had their league game suspended because of rain, having more time to prepare so they were alot more energetic, wheras we were completely knackered! (that's why we were so slow, especially in defence) We should have had a penalty for Puyol's foul on Sheva anyway, instead the dumbass ref gave a non-existent free kick the other way.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 01:14 PM)

2 fowards... 2 fowards... rolleyes.gif
YoungGun
I just wonder ... who will replace Shevchenko? You discuss too much about defence. Yes, in the past 7 years, we don't have to worry about attackers but now we will due to the absent of legendary Sheva.

Even you play with 1 striker, what's wrong if Gilar gets injury? Or when you meet strong teams, if you play only 1 striker, he must has at least strength and speed. Do you think Gilar good enough for those matches?
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 21 2006, 05:24 PM)
Pirlo should not move from his position in front of the defense. It's what made him famous in Milan and Italy.

Well his role in Italy is absolutely different than the one in Milan!!!!! Maybe he shall not play as up as I suggested but he certainly needs to be given more attacking responsibilities, just like in Italy!!!

QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 21 2006, 06:10 PM)
What the f**k is that?  huh.gif  dst, I think you've lost the plot lol.  laugh.gif As if we're gonna get Diarra or Mascherano anyway! We DO have 2 DMFs in the 1st 11 - Gattuso & Pirlo! (also with Seedorf for support) Ambro will be the sub for Pirlo (said Ancelotti) as Brocchi will be for Rino.

huh.gif What's that suppose to mean??? Then we shouldn't talk about possible transfers, like we're gonna get Torres anyway ... And Pirlo, a DMF?????DMF=Defensive Midfileder/ Holding Midfileder!!!!!!!!!!! Let me introduce you to Andrea Pirlo, a classic ol' number '10'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rossoneri7's right, we always play with 2 strikers, and rightly so. Heard we could get Crespo, that would be awesome. If not we could see how we get on 'til January with Pippo, Gila, Amoroso & Borriello. We don't need to "replace" Sheva, we couldn't anyway - he's a one-off!

We always play with two strikers??? Man we won the CL and Scudetto playing the Christma tree, what was bad with that, that we lost the Intercontinental Cup???
I can't get you guys, really ....

I think everyone should lay off Kaladze, since he's moved to CB he's been great & Galliani agrees with me.

Yeah but Galliani got a year off ... I think that's why he was panished, right? laugh.gif
You wouldn't want that !!!

we played 3 days before that match

Well even if it was 1 week after our previous game, would you excpept anything more from the likes of Cafu, Serginho, Costacurta considering their age and the fact that it was the end of the season??? I wouldn't, this team is aged!!!! Thank God we're not playing in CL next year, maybe Galliani will finally buy some replacements!!!!

QUOTE (Portugal @ Jul 21 2006, 05:59 PM)
2) For the left we got Favalli.  smile.gif

Oops I'm so stupid, we don't need no LB!!!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (YoungGun @ Jul 21 2006, 06:57 PM)
I just wonder ... who will replace Shevchenko? You discuss too much about defence.

And I thought I made this topic because we discuss too much about our attack situation ... rolleyes.gif

anyway, you guys got me all wrong about the striker; We could use Crespo yes indeed but other than that I think we don't need to replace Sheva. I mean now's not the time to spend big for a forward while our defence needs about 100 million on it!!!!!!!

PS We (Milan) should stop being so kind-hearted in some matters; Serginho should have already gone since last season ended and Cafu must certainly leave as soon as we buy (IF ... mad.gif ) a replacement!!!!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 07:46 PM)
anyway, you guys got me all wrong about the striker; We could use Crespo yes indeed but other than that I think we don't need to replace Sheva. I mean now's not the time to spend big for a forward while our defence needs about 100 million on it!!!!!!!
PS We (Milan) should stop being so kind-hearted in some matters; Serginho should have already gone since last season ended and Cafu must certainly leave as soon as we buy (IF ...  mad.gif ) a replacement!!!!

I under stood what you where saying dst and the only thing I disagree with is Pirlo playing next to Kaka, we need him in that deep lying playmaker role, he is the one spraying the passes across the ground and changing from defence to attack, that's why he has Gattuso next to him to cover.

I think the christmas tree formation for next year is all but confirmed and I have no problem with that, infact I like it, if we get Crespo, we would have him Gila and Pippo to rotate in the loan striker position and all of them are great playing in that position.

It should be something like this.

---Rino--Pirlo--Seadorf/Foggia---

----------Kaka--Garcouff----------

-----Gila/Pippo/Crespo(if we get him)---

And I definately agree with you on the defence situation, Kaladze only seemed like he was playing great because Nesta made him look good. Serginho even though he is old he is still able to cut it, he had a great season last year, the only thingt he lacks is defensive abilities that's why he shouldn't play as a full back but play in his original position which is a winger. Anyway the left is not our big problem because we have Janku there he was very solid and played great in the world cup and also when he played with us last season.

The right back position however is our biggest problem, if we can't even manage to get Oddo I don't know what we are going to do because Cafu simply can't cut it anymore, and Simic is laughable I don't even know why he is in our team.

We also need a good CB, if Maldini can play how he played in the beginning of last season then I say we have this part covered but we should still try to get some young blood and the only option I can see right now is Barzagli, he is solid and is young and still has time to improve.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 21 2006, 11:18 PM)
I under stood what you where saying dst and the only thing I disagree with is Pirlo playing next to Kaka, we need him in that deep lying playmaker role, he is the one spraying the passes across the ground and changing from defence to attack, that's why he has Gattuso next to him to cover.

Yeah yeah I agree my mistake, Pirlo should play like he did with Italy I just had in my mind that he shouldn't play as DMF anymore cause he's not such!!!! wink.gif
LaPalma
First thing I want to say is, it just won't happen that we'll play an entire season with just one striker, just won't happen. Besides the fact I hate that lame teams that only play with one real striker, and I hate it much more that it seems that most european top teams tend to play that system Silvio Berlusconi won't allow it. Don't you remember that he said "Only communists play defensive football!" And we all know Silvio is not a communist biggrin.gif
Besides that fact I also think we should buy some new guys for our defence. It's a wonder we've done so well in the CL the last years... Maldini is not a problem as long as he's not injured, so is Billy. But you know in your late 30ies and early 40ies players tend to get injured much more often. Maldini still has the fitness of a 20 year old, but he has 20 years of proffesional football in his bones, and because of that these bones tend to break sometimes...
Which should alert us much more are our wing defenders... none of them is good enough for Milan.
Cafu once was the best, but this year showed he's far too old.
So is Serginho...
Janku just hasn't the class.
Simic? No way!!!
Same for Favalli....

We should definetely bring in Oddo or Miguel for the right side ( I'd prefer Oddo...)
There are little options for the left side, regarding the fact almost all good left backs won't be sold or are already transfered ( Zambrotta, Lahm..). I guess the best options would be Vicente ( I know he's more a midfielder, but I guess so is Serginho, and he became a good left back, didn't he?) or del Horno ( Chelsea wants to get rid of him...).
I'm also damn sure we need another striker, Gila and pippo are just not enough for an entire season, and Amoroso won't be proper sub for both. We'd need some good striker. Torres, Tevez, Villa, Drogba or Crespo.
I think our midfield is fine. We don't need no Mascherano or Diarra. gattuso is a great DM, Pirlo is number "10", that's sure, but he's also a good DM. And it's a good decision by Ance to let him play this position, couldn't be any better for our game. You can't let him play alongside with Kaká, two great midfielders with the same designation, it just wouldn't work...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 04:52 PM)
what do you mean?? We'll be forced to buy a striker just to fulfil that????
Milan also you used to play with a libero, now we don't!!!!!!!!!!!! ......................

I mean we r Milan, we dont get forced... we buy who we want to buy when we want to buy. I think Milan has tricks under its sleaves. Milan did play the X-tree at some point in it's history, plus we played it when in 05 When Sheva was injured and we had Crespo up front by himself; but that wasn't our defult formation: i.e. 4 3 1 2 ... I would expect Milan to shift the formation up a bit, but the two up front will remain. That's what I'm saying.

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 21 2006, 11:25 PM)
"Only communists play defensive football!" And we all know Silvio is not a communist biggrin.gif

Yes .. cool.gif
dst
"Only communists play defensive football!" And we all know Silvio is not a communist biggrin.gif

LOL laugh.gif That's a great quote but the football tree has nothing to do with defensive football and at the same time no two striker formation has anything to do with attacking football .... wink.gif It's the way you play it ... Gullit's Milan was actually a 4-5-1 team but oh my God it is the greatest team ever!!!!!!!

And it's a good decision by Ance to let him play this position, couldn't be any better for our game. You can't let him play alongside with Kaká, two great midfielders with the same designation, it just wouldn't work...

It's obviously Carlo is wrong on the Pirlo matter: He should be a playmaker just like in Italy (it was my mistake to put him next to Kaka), we all saw how great he was while in Milan his duties are strictly defense related!!!!
Also a word about Gatusso: He's virtually the only DMF we got and still he's not the classic type of: Have you ever seen Rino play strictly in front of the defence? No because it would be a waste to put a player that can run with no stop for 3000 minutes to guard the defence all the time.He's got more jobs to do in the field mostly in the flanks!!!

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 22 2006, 12:06 AM)
I mean we r Milan, we dont get forced... we buy who we want to buy when we want to buy.

You didn't quite understand what I said. Of course Milan is not forced by any person to do anything but since we got no second outside-of-the-box striker and you so desperately want us to play with two strikers then we'd have to buy one even if we don't think he's good enough or worth the money ...
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 10:14 PM)
You didn't quite understand what I said. Of course Milan is not forced by any person to do anything but since we got no second outside-of-the-box striker and you so desperately want us to play with two strikers then we'd have to buy one even if we don't think he's good enough or worth the money ...

Totally right. It isn't just a coincedence that when we played with Gila and Pippo upfront when Sheva was injured non of the goals that were scored came from either of them, you simply can't play with 2 strikers when both of them are box strikers, it just won't work.

And right now there isn't anyone that could do what Sheva does the only one that I see that has big potential in him is Tevez but he has never been linked to anybody accept for Chelsea but certainly not to us, I can't see him ever coming to Milan. So right now the xmas tree formation is the best option and having 3 number 10 players in your formation wouldn't be called defensive. We would have a triangle of playmakers

------Pirlo------
Kaka---Gourcuff

I wouldn't call that defensive.
milanista1899
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 08:46 PM)
huh.gif What's that suppose to mean???

It's a confused face! The name of it is "huh?" as in: I don't get you!

We always play with two strikers??? Man we won the CL and Scudetto playing the Christma tree, what was bad with that, that we lost the Intercontinental Cup???

That was over 2 and 3 years ago respectively, we now play with 2 strikers upfront! And yes, losing that cup to Boca hurt me really bad if you must know, not that I think it was down to the "Albero di Natale"

Yeah but Galliani got a year off ... I think that's why he was panished, right? laugh.gif
You wouldn't want that !!!

1. That's beside the point, what's it got to do with Kaladze?
2. That's not funny!

Well even if it was 1 week after our previous game, would you excpept anything more from the likes of Cafu, Serginho, Costacurta considering their age and the fact that it was the end of the season??? I wouldn't, this team is aged!!!! Thank God we're not playing in CL next year, maybe Galliani will finally buy some replacements!!!!

I would've expected more from them had they not been injured! Yea ok they might be coming to the end of their careers but realistically Silvio won't buy any other replacements, which I agree we do need!
dst
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 22 2006, 01:53 AM)
It's a confused face! The name of it is "huh?" as in: I don't get you!

huh.gif

That was over 2 and 3 years ago respectively, we now play with 2 strikers upfront! And yes, losing that cup to Boca hurt me really bad if you must know, not that I think it was down to the "Albero di Natale"

Oh my God it was so long ago, you're right we can go that back in time !!!!
Yeah I know it hurt me too ... sad.gif

That's not funny!

I know ... At least I try!!!! tongue.gif

I would've expected more from them had they not been injured!

By more you mean that Barca would have had 5 clear chances instead of 10? Ohhh ... that would be neat!!!
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 10:14 PM)
LOL  laugh.gif That's a great quote but the football tree has nothing to do with defensive football and at the same time no two striker formation has anything to do with attacking football ....  wink.gif It's the way you play it ... Gullit's Milan was actually a 4-5-1 team but oh my God it is the greatest team ever!!!!!!!

Yeah...it was the greatest team ever...but think about it. What was the part they were famous for the most? Ahh...it was the offside trap. Sounds quite defensive for me... biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 22 2006, 01:14 AM)

So what ur saying is that you didn't see any strikers that might have struck ur eye this WC ? Do u honestly think this is the team for next year ? Forget it, think outside of the box dst
milanista1899
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 22 2006, 12:06 AM)
By more you mean that Barca would have had 5 clear chances instead of 10? Ohhh ... that would be neat!!!

They're all players that can get forward, I was thinking more about the chances WE could have had - ie. a cross from Cafu or Serginho.
Costacurta
Carlo is sticking with the 4-1-2-1-2. So lets work around that.

Inzaghi and Gila will not be sufficient. New striker required to take Sheva's place. My choice, given current climate: Trezeguet.

The MF is sorted as far as I can see. Same as before. Just wake up Seedorf.

Defence. I agree with DST on the defence being milan's traditional forte, and it does need to be re-estalbsihed.
Janku, Favalli, Simic and Cafu, all too old or simply not good enough. Pref Kaladze would play at LB, with Nesta and Maldini CB. Maldini cannot be counted upon due to age. He can either be rotated/subbed with Costacurta, or another CB brought in. Reliable candidated like Cannavaro and Thuram however, have slipped through Milan\s fingers, when either of them would have done. Poor from Milan again. New RB strikes me as desperate. Sagnol is my preferred. Costacurta could operate it well as he did when required last season, but not a long-term soln, which the sooner one is looked into, the better.

I don't have a problem with older players, as long as they can still cut it, and I feel Costacurta can, Maldini too, but Cafu no. Serginho being played out of posn anyway, which is ridiculous for a top sde like Milan.
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 22 2006, 03:01 AM)
Yeah...it was the greatest team ever...but think about it. What was the part they were famous for the most? Ahh...it was the offside trap. Sounds quite defensive for me... biggrin.gif

That team was famous for it's Dutch trio, which is not defensive but anyway don't try to distract me you German CB, you got what I mean smile.gif

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 22 2006, 03:43 AM)
So what ur saying is that you didn't see any strikers that might have struck ur eye this WC ? Do u honestly think this is the team for next year ? Forget it, think outside of the box dst

No this is not the team for next year ... I made this topic and wrote what we need!!!!
There was a player that struck my eye in the WC and that was Pirlo ... if you try and think outside of the two-strikers box you'd understand that if we let him play as a playmaker he's going to kick some @ss and we won't need to spend 50 f@cking millions on a f@cking striker that struck my f@cking eye while our f@cking defence is just f@cking sh1t right now!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I got a little tense right there ... biggrin.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 22 2006, 07:51 AM)
That team was famous for it's Dutch trio, which is not defensive but anyway don't try to distract me you German CB, you got what I mean  smile.gif

OK....all my arguments just vanished biggrin.gif
The point is we really need another striker. I don't want to see Gila all on his own next season. This one striker thing doesn't work at all. Look at Henry in the WC, he's the best striker right now, and even he didn't manage to through Italys defense even though France was the clearly better team the entire second half. No we need two strikers, so stop arguing you greek RB! wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 22 2006, 12:45 PM)
No we need two strikers, so stop arguing you greek RB! wink.gif

laugh.gif

...but Henry "only" had Zidane beside him cause Make and Vieira were mostly defending while we'll have Pirlo + Kaka + Gourcuff to do that devil.gif

Anyway Milan know better, I just hope they are awakened in time!!!!
dst
Well look I thought about it ... There's only one forward in the whole wide world that is worth our money and in fact I'd give everything to have him!!!!

He's Lionel Messi !!!!!!!!!!
milanista1899
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 22 2006, 01:28 PM)
laugh.gif
...but Henry "only" had Zidane beside him cause Make and Vieira were mostly defending  while we'll have Pirlo + Kaka + Gourcuff to do that  devil.gif

He had Ribery &/or Malouda as well didn't he? I hope you don't mean Pirlo, Kaka & Gourcuff all at the same time, that's too many playmakers don't you think?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 22 2006, 10:51 AM)
No this is not the team for next year ... I made this topic and wrote what we need!!!!
There was a player that struck my eye in the WC and that was Pirlo ... if you try and think outside of the two-strikers box you'd understand that if we let him play as a playmaker he's going to kick some @ss and we won't need to spend 50 f@cking millions on a f@cking striker that struck my f@cking eye while our f@cking defence is just f@cking sh1t right now!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I got a little tense right there ...  biggrin.gif

I'm glade you noticed that it isn't. You shouldn't stress ur self, cz it wont change anything from the fact that u r just an an observer and have no say in what the outcome will be, so chill.

Pirlo sucked in the AM role big time .. but his role with us is just perfect for him, so I wouldnt change that.

Spending 50 Million?! Who said anything about that? .. Milan said Sheva will be replaced with an equal, and that's a fact.

Anything other than that would be considered an assumption.

The defence, I agree has to be reinforced.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 22 2006, 05:43 PM)
He had Ribery &/or Malouda as well didn't he? I hope you don't mean Pirlo, Kaka & Gourcuff all at the same time, that's too many playmakers don't you think?

No Gourcuff is young, even Kaka didn't make the first team when he came to us. So, I think he will be a sub for at least 6 months till he gets intuned with our tactical system.

Plus, it would be suicide to play in the Serie A with the three that u stated, while Seedorf gives a defensive role in the midfield that balances things out. So yeah if we play with the three of them, that would definatly put our defense to the sword.
dst
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 22 2006, 05:43 PM)

No I don't. Whether it will be Gourcuff or Seedorf they should play along with Kaka and Pirlo!

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 22 2006, 05:55 PM)
Pirlo sucked in the AM role big time .. but his role with us is just perfect for him, so I wouldnt change that.

Everyone sucks at Inter, even Bergkamp, Seedorf and Cannavaro did, that doesn't mean anything.However we shouldn't try it, I made a mistake placing him next to Kaka and I already noted it! His role for us sucks big time, he should be allowed to play just like he did in Italy!!!!HUGE difference

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 22 2006, 05:55 PM)
Milan said Sheva will be replaced with an equal, and that's a fact.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!Galliani DID NOT say anything about replacing him right now which means we might very well play with one striker ohmy.gif Is it so scary because we "always play with two strikers" (which is not true anyway) ??? C'mon buddy you know Milan, we don't "always" do something we "can do anything" king.gif smile.gif
milanista1899
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 23 2006, 08:18 PM)
No I don't. Whether it will be Gourcuff or Seedorf they should play along with Kaka and Pirlo!

Gourcoff or Seedorf? You make it sound like the 1st is a replacement for the 2nd which is complete crap! Pirlo is a defensive creative midfielder not a trequartista like Kaka who plays behind TWO strikers, as is Gourcoff if and when he plays. You need to let go of your obsession of Pirlo being a no.10 and there being like a zillion playmakers - it ain't gonna happen! Besides, Rui Costa couldn't co-exist with Kaka so I don't think Gourcoff will, not least because he seems to be the same type of player as him.
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 23 2006, 08:18 PM)
Galliani DID NOT say anything about replacing him right now which means we might very well play with one striker
So what if Sheva isn't "replaced" straight away? (which I don't think is possible anyway!) We have 4 strikers; Amoroso, Borriello, Gilardino & Inzaghi. That's enough to keep playing with 2 up front all season, even if I hope we get a quality striker in or before January.
dudernahata
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 23 2006, 01:58 PM)
Gourcoff or Seedorf? You make it sound like the 1st is a replacement for the 2nd which is complete crap! Pirlo is a defensive creative midfielder not a trequartista like Kaka who plays behind TWO strikers, as is Gourcoff if and when he plays. You need to let go of your obsession of Pirlo being a no.10 and there being like a zillion playmakers - it ain't gonna happen! Besides, Rui Costa couldn't co-exist with Kaka so I don't think Gourcoff will, not least because he seems to be the same type of player as him.
So what if Sheva isn't "replaced" straight away? (which I don't think is possible anyway!) We have 4 strikers; Amoroso, Borriello, Gilardino & Inzaghi. That's enough to keep playing with 2 up front all season, even if I hope we get a quality striker in or before January.

1. we can't play 2 strikers with the four that we have right now, it just won't work and has been explained many times why it won't work.
2. did u even watch the italy games in this world cup??? pirlo wasd easily the best and most creative midfielder in the tournament. so to give him a more creative role would be great. he was being creative while still playing with totti as the CAM so i believe what DST is trying tro say is that he shouldnt be played side by side with kaka but given a little more attacking responsibilities.
X-Offender
Our attack at the moment is pure sh!t. We need a striker that can dribble and give assists, which we don't have. Torres would be perfect in that way, cause his abilities are similiar to Sheva's ones. Even Ibrahimovic would make the job, but I don't want him. Either way, I say we get Crespo and play with only one striker, so he, Gila and Pippo can alternate during the season.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 23 2006, 10:54 PM)
Our attack at the moment is pure sh!t. We need a striker that can dribble and give assists, which we don't have. Torres would be perfect in that way, cause his abilities are similiar to Sheva's ones. Even Ibrahimovic would make the job, but I don't want him. Either way, I say we get Crespo and play with only one striker, so he, Gila and Pippo can alternate during the season.

Right know that would be the best option, to get Crespo, play the xmas tree formation and alternate between the players. I can't think of anyone right know that could do what Sheva did, and I especially don't want Ibra, Torres, don't know but I would prefer Tevez over him any day, I think he would score more goals and also dribble and make assists.

As for the Pirlo thing, I don't think we can compare Milan to what Italy where playing, Itale where playing a 4-4-1-1 formation and that way Pirlo is more free because of both Gattuso and Perrotta covering for him plus Totti was practically inexistant so Pirlo was doing all the creative work. I can't see us playing with a 4 man midfield, but I do think that Pirlo shouldn't be as close to the defence and pushed a bit more up, we normally play with a diamond midfield with Pirlo playing really deep I think that is what dst is referring to that Pirlo should have a more advanced position and not have as much defensive duties.

Either way we definately need a good right back preferably Oddo and a centre back I would like to see Barzagli come. And a good striker, if we are going to play the Christmas tree formation then I would get Crespo but if we insist on playing with 2 strikers (I don't know why) we should definately get Tevez
milanista1899
QUOTE (dudernahata @ Jul 23 2006, 11:42 PM)
1. we can't play 2 strikers with the four that we have right now, it just won't work and has been explained many times why it won't work.
2. did u even watch the italy games in this world cup??? pirlo wasd easily the best and most creative midfielder in the tournament. so to give him a more creative role would be great. he was being creative while still playing with totti as the CAM so i believe what DST is trying tro say is that he shouldnt be played side by side with kaka but given a little more attacking responsibilities.

1. Well I haven't heard why not so can you explain?

2. Yea I watched them all and yea he was creative, I even said that! He plays the same for Italy as Milan. There's no difference if he plays with Totti or Kaka because they have the same role and characteristics. They're both used as playmakers while Pirlo plays either in front of the defence or in line with the midfielders, only coming forward to take free kicks or the odd shot. Just because he plays further back than Kaka doesn't make him any less creative and he gives a lot of assists & though balls in that position. So why change things? he & Kaka will only get in each others way, & if it ain't broke don't fix it!
dst
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 23 2006, 11:58 PM)
Gourcoff or Seedorf? You make it sound like the 1st is a replacement for the 2nd which is complete crap!

I don't make anything sound anyhow ... It's how you like to hear it.I didn't mean what you think!!! smile.gif
we can play with 2 strikers picking up from the 4 available?.HA HA.You're kidding, right?Nope.No way.NO!!!

QUOTE (dudernahata @ Jul 24 2006, 01:42 AM)

thank you, thank you and ... thank you!!!!

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 24 2006, 02:39 AM)
...if we insist on playing with 2 strikers (I don't know why) we should definately get Tevez

Oh thanks God there's someone else not obsessed with the two strikers formation in these forums!!!!

QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 24 2006, 02:44 AM)
Yea I watched them all and yea he was creative, I even said that! He plays the same for Italy as Milan. There's no difference if he plays with Totti or Kaka because they have the same role and characteristics. They're both used as playmakers while Pirlo plays either in front of the defence or in line with the midfielders, only coming forward to take free kicks or the odd shot. Just because he plays further back than Kaka doesn't make him any less creative and he gives a lot of assists & though balls in that position. So why change things? he & Kaka will only get in each others way, & if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Well if by HE you mean Pirlo (we're talking about Andrea Pirlo, right?) the one playing in AC Milan then no he definetely doesn't play the same for Italy and Milan.Actually in Milan his role is so restraining that he's the first one I thought would leave if we were relegated!!!!! What are you talking about man? The only similarity between the two roles is that he's the first one to take the ball from the defence.However his role in Milan stops in midfield, name me a game where you saw him have the ball closer than 30 meters outside of the opposition's box!!!! There isn't ... and so the only creative thing he did all year was take long balls and most of them were utterly inacurate! Browse the match threads; you'll see that people (me too) were heavily bashing Pirlo (mosty since the second half of the season when he came back more and more) because "Pirlo was crap, he didn't do (=create) anything".In reality he was excellent in most of those games because simply his job was to guard the defence, not create!!!! wink.gif

Also Totti and Kaka have a great difference in their play: Kaka takes the ball from the flanks and converges to the centre while Totti plays on the axis stricly!!!!
Still they both don't defend!!!! tongue.gif I was very surprised when Ricky did defend in the WC sometimes.(Damn even though I hate Brazil - the team - I wish that stupid piece of sh1t Parreira hadn't put in Pernambucano cause he didn't do anything but destroy Ricky's game - watch the game again and you'll get what I mean - otherwise Kaka would have kicked France's @sses.)

king.gif

Let's hope for the best anyway devil.gif
gal_kenny
What are you guys talking about.Teams with one strikers don't score to many gols. Gilardino isn't good enough to be alone up front cuz he'll be worn out and so is gonna be for Crespo, if he comes. I also think that we should get Miguel instead of oddo.If Oddo was that good he should have made the first shirt for italy. And just forget about Barzaghi, cuz he's not the milan type or what i call levels yet.
In terms of strikers, we should get either Torres/Tevez.Both are skillful and really good and would definitely be legends in the future. Speaking of midfield, are we still getting Ze' Roberto? Hope he still comes.
KillerMax
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jul 23 2006, 09:07 PM)
What are you guys talking about.Teams with one strikers don't score to many gols.

Wrong! Barca played most of their games with one striker last season and they scored the most goals in Europe. Thing is we can definitely score a lot of goals with the Xmas tree formation. Kaka is a great scorer. If we give him a more attacking responsibilty, he will only score more. That's what Barca do with Ronaldinho. Sure, we're going to play differently, but we'll be as attack minded as ever. This is the only realistic choice we have as things stand. Torres is our last hope. Tevez? We all no he isn't coming. Why even bother talking about him?

Gilardino isn't good enough to be alone up front cuz he'll be worn out

Wrong again! I think Gila will score even more and play much better with this formation. He was a lone striker when he played at Parma and there was no stopping him. Gila will be top scorer of Serie A next season. I'm so confident! king.gif
dst
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jul 24 2006, 06:07 AM)
What are you guys talking about.Teams with one strikers don't score to many gols. Gilardino isn't good enough to be alone up front cuz he'll be worn out and so is gonna be for Crespo, if he comes. I also think that we should get Miguel instead of oddo.If Oddo was that good he should have made the first shirt for italy. And just forget about Barzaghi, cuz he's not the milan type or what i call levels yet.
In terms of strikers, we should get either Torres/Tevez.Both are skillful and really good and would definitely be legends in the future. Speaking of midfield, are we still getting Ze' Roberto? Hope he still comes.

Oh, OK so maybe this year we won't score a century of goals ... pitiful Milan
han2503
Gilardino isn't good enough to be alone up front cuz he'll be worn out and so is gonna be for Crespo, if he comes.

Gilsrdino played as a loan striker at Parma and he always got over 20 goals in each season and he didn't have someone like Kaka behind him feeding him balls, I think he would definately be better as the loan striker then how we played him last season.

I also think that we should get Miguel instead of oddo.If Oddo was that good he should have made the first shirt for italy.

Ask Lippi, when Zambrotta was injured he used Zaccardo ohmy.gif (does that mean he's better then Oddo? No way). And when Zambrotta was ready to play he used him as a right back and Grosso as the left back, I'm sure he wasn't going to bench Zambrotta and play Oddo

And just forget about Barzaghi, cuz he's not the milan type or what i call levels yet.

Not yet but he is still young and will continue to develop with time, and right now I can't think of any good centre backs that are young and good enough to come to Milan.

In terms of strikers, we should get either Torres/Tevez.Both are skillful and really good and would definitely be legends in the future.

I don't think we have a chance of signing either of them and I would prefer Tevez over Torres anyday

Speaking of midfield, are we still getting Ze' Roberto? Hope he still comes.

I hope he doesn't come, sure he is good and was one of Brazil's decent players in the world cup, but come on he is old and we have Serginho who can play very well in Ze Roberto's posititon
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 23 2006, 10:18 PM)
Everyone sucks at Inter, even Bergkamp, Seedorf and Cannavaro did, that doesn't mean anything.However we shouldn't try it, I made a mistake placing him next to Kaka and I already noted it! His role for us sucks big time, he should be allowed to play just like he did in Italy!!!!HUGE difference

It would be wonderful for our team to have Pirlo play the way he did at the WC. Ancelotti brought it up sometime last season, about giving him some freedom .. But I don't think so; I see what you mean, you want him to play like Rijkaard, but he lacks speed and balance .. and for a competition like Serie A, speed and balance are crucial. Still, I am curious to see if the coach would give him some freedom. cool.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 23 2006, 10:18 PM)
Is it so scary because we "always play with two strikers" (which is not true anyway) ??? C'mon buddy you know Milan, we don't "always" do something we "can do anything"  king.gif  smile.gif

The X- tree was a formation Carlo used with Milan time'n'time again. But the point is this:

e.g. "God forbid", Gila gets a three months injury .. Is Milan going to rely on Inzaghi (I'm talking about back to back 90 min matches) ?

e.g. 2 "God forbid", Kaka gets the injury .. then what ? how's the x-tree gonna work? (remember he is 80% of our attacking potential when Sheva was here, imagine how much rests on his shoulders now).

That's one way of looking at it, even if you played with one striker and rotated them, u'd still be in deep sh1t if one of them gets a lengthy lay-over. You may say Barca does it, but look at Barca's midfield .. it can afford to play with one upfront or no man upfront, bcz of the vast array of talent that r seated on the bench (if not on the field).

And your right, we can do anything devil.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 24 2006, 07:49 PM)
It would be wonderful for our team to have Pirlo play the way he did at the WC. Ancelotti brought it up sometime last season, about giving him some freedom .. But I don't think so; I see what you mean, you want him to play like Rijkaard...

Well not exactly; Rijkard was more like the ghost striker, coming from the back and scoring.He wasn't the playmaker of the team.(Ahhh..... Rijkard king.gif) .Simply,regarding Pirlo, what I want to see in Milan is what we all saw in Italy at the World Cup!!!!

About the injuries; well IMO it's easier to substitute a striker with another one if he's injured than rotate from 2 striker to one wink.gif
Also, as you said, we rely - just like last year - a lot on Kaka (sometimes it seems like he wins all by himself, which is utterly not true) so this is like last year or the year before that: We can't afford losing him even for a month!!!!
Irrelevant:Isn't nice that everyone thinks he's weak and play him hard, in order to dishearten and/or hurt him but he kicks their @sses???I love it!!! That and also when someone pulls his shirt, I just luuuuuuuuuuuuuv the way he stops wub.gif

king.gif devil.gif
milanista1899
Gilsrdino played as a loan striker at Parma and he always got over 20 goals in each season and he didn't have someone like Kaka behind him feeding him balls
Actually he did, he had Morfeo - who he wanted to follow him (back) to Milan.

e.g. 2 "God forbid", Kaka gets the injury .. then what ? how's the x-tree gonna work?
Gourcoff!

I still haven't heard why we can't use 2 up front with the Strikers we have, or if we get Crespo. All I've heard is "no, it won't work" please explain why not! I'm not saying we can't ever play with 1 up + Kaka, because we have before but only now and then, the main formation is 4-3-1-2 and I think (& hope) it will stay the same. We'll have to wait and see!
dst
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 25 2006, 01:34 AM)
I still haven't heard why we can't use 2 up front with the Strikers we have, or if we get Crespo.

Because all of them are box strikers ... you can't play with two of them in a two striker formation they'll just run into each other!!!! tongue.gif We MUST get Crespo, please Milan buy him!!!!! king.gif
gal_kenny
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jul 24 2006, 05:34 AM)
Wrong! Barca played most of their games with one striker last season and they scored the most goals in Europe. Thing is we can definitely score a lot of goals with the Xmas tree formation. Kaka is a great scorer. If we give him a more attacking responsibilty, he will only score more. That's what Barca do with Ronaldinho. Sure, we're going to play differently, but we'll be as attack minded as ever. This is the only realistic choice we have as things stand. Torres is our last hope. Tevez? We all no he isn't coming. Why even bother talking about him?
Wrong again! I think Gila will score even more and play much better with this formation. He was a lone striker when he played at Parma and there was no stopping him. Gila will be top scorer of Serie A next season. I'm so confident!  king.gif

What are you talking about.I calculated the most scored gols in europe and it was ac milan followed by Barca.Ac milan scored more gols with a difference of 1 gol.
KillerMax
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jul 24 2006, 07:06 PM)
What are you talking about.I calculated the most scored gols in europe and it was ac milan followed by Barca.Ac milan scored more gols with a difference of 1 gol.

Good for us! king.gif But as you said, only 1 goal difference.
dst
Poor Barca they scored one goal less ... but ... hey didn't they win the CL??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a note:Overall (counting goals scored in domestic leagues too) Barca was first and we followed
RD.X
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 25 2006, 03:48 PM)
Just a note:Overall (counting goals scored in domestic leagues too) Barca was first and we followed

Then we must be one of the most attacking teams in the World.
Rite?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.