> Milan admit chase for Gunner Henry

 
Warchant
post Jun 4 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #1


Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,700
Joined: 22-October 05
From: US of A
Member No.: 703



QUOTE
 
AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed Arsenal striker Thierry Henry is among his transfer targets this summer.

Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Chelsea's Didier Drogba have all been linked with moves to the San Siro but it is France international Henry who is considered Milan's primary target.

The sale of Andriy Shevchenko to Chelsea last summer has left a big void in the Rossoneri squad although it did not stop them from winning the Champions League last month.

Ricardo Oliveira, who joined from Real Betis last summer, has failed to make much of an impact while Alberto Gilardino is out of favour with Ancelotti and has already expressed his intention to leave the club.

Milan have relied on veteran striker Filippo Inzaghi to come up with the goods in front of goal and he has responded, most notably in the Champions League final against Liverpool when Inzaghi scored twice.

But Ancelotti is still eager to strengthen with Henry fixed firmly in his sights.

"Henry is a great striker and among the players that we are interested in," Ancelotti said.

"Our wish is to acquire a midfielder and a striker this summer but they are all difficult signings to make.

"There is no reason why Gilardino's wish to leave the club cannot come true as we can find an adequate player in exchange."

Ancelotti had claimed just after the Champions League final that the club were on the brink of a major transfer coup.

He said in May: "Last summer there were not many players who wanted to come to Milan but there are more now.

"There's one none of you would suspect and if I was to tell you the world would end. We are delighted that he wants to play for Milan."


foxsoccer.com
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
Start new topic
Replies
 
jbryant1
post Jun 5 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #2


Esordienti A 95
*****

Group: Helpers
Posts: 867
Joined: 11-November 05
Member No.: 874



We're going to get "Milan want Henry, Ronaldinho......" the list goes on. Its the sensational journalism to fuel speculation. Last year it was all these players all we got was Gourcuff and Oliveira.

We'll just have to wait until Liga is over to see whats really going to happen here. We definitely need fowards. Villa, Henry and maybe Etoo are our big name world class options that will be linked but who knows. I think Etoo and Henry will be going somewhere and this so called mystery man who will create an uproar we'll have to see what happens when this veil is removed.

Who wouldn't want Henry, Etoo, Drogba, and Ronaldinho. What coach wouldn't target these players if they could?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
Rossoneri7
post Jun 5 2007, 12:10 AM
Post #3


Smoking Bianco
**********

Group: Helpers
Posts: 14,039
Joined: 15-August 05
From: KWT
Member No.: 191



QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 5 2007, 02:00 AM)
What coach wouldn't target these players if they could?
*


Martin O'Neill (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) j/k
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
jbryant1
post Jun 5 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #4


Esordienti A 95
*****

Group: Helpers
Posts: 867
Joined: 11-November 05
Member No.: 874



QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 4 2007, 03:10 PM)

Yeah word is on the street that Aston Villa is the place to be right???
I heard Ronaldinho, Terry, Henry, and others are all making a surprising switch
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2026 - 02:23 PM