Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan admit chase for Gunner Henry
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
Warchant

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed Arsenal striker Thierry Henry is among his transfer targets this summer.

Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Chelsea's Didier Drogba have all been linked with moves to the San Siro but it is France international Henry who is considered Milan's primary target.

The sale of Andriy Shevchenko to Chelsea last summer has left a big void in the Rossoneri squad although it did not stop them from winning the Champions League last month.

Ricardo Oliveira, who joined from Real Betis last summer, has failed to make much of an impact while Alberto Gilardino is out of favour with Ancelotti and has already expressed his intention to leave the club.

Milan have relied on veteran striker Filippo Inzaghi to come up with the goods in front of goal and he has responded, most notably in the Champions League final against Liverpool when Inzaghi scored twice.

But Ancelotti is still eager to strengthen with Henry fixed firmly in his sights.

"Henry is a great striker and among the players that we are interested in," Ancelotti said.

"Our wish is to acquire a midfielder and a striker this summer but they are all difficult signings to make.

"There is no reason why Gilardino's wish to leave the club cannot come true as we can find an adequate player in exchange."

Ancelotti had claimed just after the Champions League final that the club were on the brink of a major transfer coup.

He said in May: "Last summer there were not many players who wanted to come to Milan but there are more now.

"There's one none of you would suspect and if I was to tell you the world would end. We are delighted that he wants to play for Milan."

foxsoccer.com
nmcg
come to milan henry with ur 30 something goals a season o god yeah that be gud
kurtsimonw
But don't come with your choking in big moments, constant injuries, miserable French attitude and inability to praise anybody but yourself.
jbryant1
We're going to get "Milan want Henry, Ronaldinho......" the list goes on. Its the sensational journalism to fuel speculation. Last year it was all these players all we got was Gourcuff and Oliveira.

We'll just have to wait until Liga is over to see whats really going to happen here. We definitely need fowards. Villa, Henry and maybe Etoo are our big name world class options that will be linked but who knows. I think Etoo and Henry will be going somewhere and this so called mystery man who will create an uproar we'll have to see what happens when this veil is removed.

Who wouldn't want Henry, Etoo, Drogba, and Ronaldinho. What coach wouldn't target these players if they could?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 5 2007, 02:00 AM)
What coach wouldn't target these players if they could?

Martin O'Neill tongue.gif tongue.gif j/k
kurtsimonw
Alot of teams would want those players. But I'm pretty sure as European Champions we'd be in a great position.

If Henry stays in Arsenal, he'll have another average season where the rest of the team's focusing on scoring 'the perfect goal' rather than winning games, which would inevitabely finish in another unacceptable season.

I don't like him, but I don't like to see talent wasted. (No offense Locke)
jbryant1
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 4 2007, 03:10 PM)
Martin O'Neill  tongue.gif  tongue.gif j/k

Yeah word is on the street that Aston Villa is the place to be right???
I heard Ronaldinho, Terry, Henry, and others are all making a surprising switch
kurtsimonw
OHHH, I see where this is goin'. You just wait until we're back in Europe. dry.gif

Madrid may be the team of the 20th century.

But try and find a team that won more trophies than us in the 19th century. Before anyone says anything, YES, I did put us in the same sentence as Real. cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2007, 02:19 AM)
OHHH, I see where this is goin'. You just wait until we're back in Europe.  dry.gif

Madrid may be the team of the 20th century.

But try and find a team that won more trophies than us in the 19th century. Before anyone says anything, YES, I did put us in the same sentence as Real.  cool.gif

R U F@CKING SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
hashkal
"There's one none of you would suspect and if I was to tell you the world would end. We are delighted that he wants to play for Milan."

Dammmmmmmmmnn...He got me wondering who that would be!! I think it could be Eto...We have a history of african plaers-strikers..ex.weah But Eto would be an amazing buy!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 4 2007, 11:40 PM)
R U F@CKING SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!
tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

The world's first football league was founded in England in 1888 by Aston Villa director, William McGregor. The original format contained 12 clubs from the Midlands and the North of England.

Pay your respects.. B!tch. tongue.gif

Every scudetto Milan have ever won is down to Villa. Since you need a league to qualify for the European Cup, Milan owe us that, too. cool.gif

When Villa win the league.. Football TRUELY comes home. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (hashkal @ Jun 4 2007, 11:41 PM)

Dammmmmmmmmnn...He got me wondering who that would be!! I think it could be Eto...We have a history of african plaers-strikers..ex.weah But Eto would be an amazing buy!

We have a history of African players?

I can only think of Weah. Desailly and Seedorf I presume have an African background, but I'm stuck after that.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2007, 02:46 AM)
Pay your respects.. B!tch.  tongue.gif

Every scudetto Milan have ever won is down to Villa. Since you need a league to qualify for the European Cup, Milan owe us that, too.  cool.gif

When Villa win the league.. Football TRUELY comes home.  biggrin.gif

Ok, u almost put Villa and Milan in the same sentence, but u had enough sense not too, so I'll let that slip tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2007, 02:46 AM)
Pay your respects.. B!tch.  tongue.gif

Every scudetto Milan have ever won is down to Villa. Since you need a league to qualify for the European Cup, Milan owe us that, too.  cool.gif

When Villa win the league.. Football TRUELY comes home.  biggrin.gif

Ok, u almost put Villa and Milan in the same sentence, but u had enough sense not too, so I'll let that slip tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.