Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2013-14
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
kurtsimonw
ohmy.gif

I just saw Juve were 2-1 up and WTF!?
Danny
Just seeing the score now. 4-2 they trail 10 minutes to go.
Nova
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 20 2013, 05:46 PM) *
ohmy.gif

I just saw Juve were 2-1 up and WTF!?

Juve were actually 0-2 up . Good to see juve and napoli lose !
kurtsimonw
Roma 5 points clear and already 8 points clear of 4th place. blink.gif
Danny
Interesting little point worth noting for all us doom-sayers:

Milan have only been beaten by HV, Napoli and Juve this season. In all competitions. All 3 of these are having pretty dang good seasons and are all inside the top 5 in the league.

Amazing how you can paint a rosier picture when you actually examine the numbers and who we lost to.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 20 2013, 05:44 PM) *
Yes, you underrate way too many opposition players. Mexes is a better footballer, you're right. No way a better defender. Zapata is not even close to either.

No, he doesn't. You just underestimate our players. Mexes is way better in every sense than Benatia. And honestly, Zapata would be another player at Roma right now, just like Benatia would suck @ss at this Milan.

QUOTE (Nova @ Oct 20 2013, 05:45 PM) *
Fiorentina just scored 3 goals in about 5 minutes. Hatrick rossi , wasnt he a Milanfan ? rolleyes.gif

Oh wow! I saw earlier it was 2-0 for Juve and thought game over.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 20 2013, 03:44 PM) *
Yes, you underrate way too many opposition players. Mexes is a better footballer, you're right. No way a better defender. Zapata is not even close to either.

And you underrate our players and overrate opposition players. And it wasn't me who talked about Zapata in the first place, x-off mentioned him and I agree with him anyways.

Mexes is better in every aspect than Benatia. It's ridiculous to say otherwise and if we had brought him in, as x-off also pointed out, he'd be just as terrible as Zapata has been, our problem has never been about the individuals. We had top class, best in their positions individuals under Allegri as well and he failed with that group as well and never managed to cultivate a proper team from those individuals.

Like I said, I like Benetia, but he's just a good player, he'd be lost if he were playing in this clueless Milan side under Allegri.

QUOTE (Nova @ Oct 20 2013, 03:45 PM) *
Fiorentina just scored 3 goals in about 5 minutes. Hatrick rossi , wasnt he a Milanfan ? rolleyes.gif

Yeah, and we were heavily linked with him both when he was at Parma and at Villarreal

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 20 2013, 03:55 PM) *
Interesting little point worth noting for all us doom-sayers:

Milan have only been beaten by HV, Napoli and Juve this season. In all competitions. All 3 of these are having pretty dang good seasons and are all inside the top 5 in the league.

Amazing how you can paint a rosier picture when you actually examine the numbers and who we lost to.

Yet we're in the bottom half of the table because we're in week 8 of the league and still have not managed 1 single away win, neither in the CL.

The numbers speak for themselves when you look at the table and the amount of goals we've conceded this season

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2013, 03:59 PM) *
No, he doesn't. You just underestimate our players. Mexes is way better in every sense than Benatia. And honestly, Zapata would be another player at Roma right now, just like Benatia would suck @ss at this Milan.

This!

And wow ohmy.gif @ Juve. They'll probably come out swinging after this and won't lose a game for the rest of the season as they did last season after their loss to Inter.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2013, 05:11 PM) *
And you underrate our players and overrate opposition players. And it wasn't me who talked about Zapata in the first place, x-off mentioned him and I agree with him anyways.

Mexes is better in every aspect than Benatia. It's ridiculous to say otherwise and if we had brought him in, as x-off also pointed out, he'd be just as terrible as Zapata has been, our problem has never been about the individuals. We had top class, best in their positions individuals under Allegri as well and he failed with that group as well and never managed to cultivate a proper team from those individuals.

All of the above is wrong.

Winning a title is failing.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Nova @ Oct 20 2013, 07:45 PM) *

Are'nt they all biggrin.gif

Does'nt Manchester United have a clause for him still or was that only between Villreal and Man United for the buy back option.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Oct 20 2013, 06:23 PM) *
Are'nt they all biggrin.gif

Does'nt Manchester United have a clause for him still or was that only between Villreal and Man United for the buy back option.

Rossi stopped being a ManU player in every sense six years ago, WTF?!
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 20 2013, 04:20 PM) *
All of the above is wrong.

Winning a title is failing.

Oh, sorry, didn't know we won a title every season under Allegri, must have hit my head celebrating that first one thanks to Ibra's heroics rolleyes.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2013, 08:11 PM) *

Like I said, I like Benetia, but he's just a good player, he'd be lost if he were playing in this clueless Milan side under Allegri.

Yeah, and we were heavily linked with him both when he was at Parma and at Villarreal

Yet we're in the bottom half of the table because we're in week 8 of the league and still have not managed 1 single away win, neither in the CL.

The numbers speak for themselves when you look at the table and the amount of goals we've conceded this season

This!

And wow ohmy.gif @ Juve. They'll probably come out swinging after this and won't lose a game for the rest of the season as they did last season after their loss to Inter.

I'm not so sure this season is not the same as last season they have Roma up there *** and the rest of the pack following behind sure they will bounce back with a win next week after they play real madrid which they will have to have there A team out on show to get anything out of that game if they want to stay in the CL , then they are back to Serie A where they will need to win and just like most of the players coming back are either fatigued because of internationals this week they will be tired now because of the CL they just played in so with all this in mind its not as easy for Juve just to bounce back and win on the trot at least i hope not.
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Oct 20 2013, 04:27 PM) *
I'm not so sure this season is not the same as last season they have Roma up there *** and the rest of the pack following behind sure they will bounce back with a win next week after they play real madrid which they will have to have there A team out on show to get anything out of that game if they want to stay in the CL , then they are back to Serie A where they will need to win and just like most of the players coming back are either fatigued because of internationals this week they will be tired now because of the CL they just played in so with all this in mind its not as easy for Juve just to bounce back and win on the trot at least i hope not.

Well, you might be right, maybe the pressure is getting to them this season. But I think they'll come out all guns blazing after this. Conte is not a man who takes to losing all that well. I'd hate to be in that locker room right about now
Jack Bauer
Awesome 10 minutes. After Fiorentina's second goal (Buffon's fault) Juve abandoned the defence completely and paid dearly.

We won't make CL this season but I hope that at least Juve won't win the title. A small consolation prize.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 20 2013, 04:31 PM) *
Awesome 10 minutes. After Fiorentina's second goal (Buffon's fault) Juve abandoned the defence completely and paid dearly.

We won't make CL this season but I hope that at least Juve won't win the title. A small consolation prize.

The only team I'd want to see winning the title instead of us are Roma. I'm still peeved about Ljajic and the fact that we could have sent the Trojan Horse that is Allegri their way, but that's all Galliani's fault, and they deserve it, simply because of the amazing football they're playing each week.

Anything to keep Juve from winning their 30th title
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2013, 08:29 PM) *
Well, you might be right, maybe the pressure is getting to them this season. But I think they'll come out all guns blazing after this. Conte is not a man who takes to losing all that well. I'd hate to be in that locker room right about now

true laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2013, 06:34 PM) *
Anything to keep Juve from winning their 30th title

You mean their 32nd. innocent.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2013, 06:30 PM) *
You mean their 32nd. innocent.gif

In their deluded minds do they have 32 titles. just like Inter with their faxed Scudetto
Jack Bauer
Zed.D
Roma about to make history. the less records to those cheating Zebras' name the better. GO ROMA
Fillipo Simone
In which way? Consecutive wins or? What's the stat sheet on this one?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 28 2013, 09:24 AM) *

I think Juve had 9, Roma matched it this weekend if that's the case
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 28 2013, 11:54 AM) *
I think Juve had 9, Roma matched it this weekend if that's the case

Yeah, Juve had nine in the 05/06 season under Capello. I clearly remember that. We managed to beat them on the tenth day.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 28 2013, 02:24 PM) *

A related stat sheet on this one is the Ibra powered Inter a few years back. smile.gif They had a run of what, 16 games? Be interesting how close Roma get to that, which I believe is the Serie A record. But nice to see Juventus deprived of one. The Romans keep this up after the winter break, and they'll only get stronger for the title win!
Linkman
According to Wiki:

Most consecutive wins
17, Internazionale, 2006–07, (European Big Five League Record)
11, Roma, 2005–06
10, Juventus, 1931–32
10, Milan, 1950–51 and 1989–90
10, Bologna, 1963–64
Fillipo Simone
But I don't get it, what's Juve loosing?
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 28 2013, 08:38 PM) *
But I don't get it, what's Juve loosing?

Um, their own personal record. unsure.gif A trivial thing in the grand scheme of things, but at least Roma fans can now say that they have a bigger consecutive win streak than those drugged dozers. I am more interested in seeing just how long can this good run last for the Romans.

Because, well, they get into the 15 range, and the glory gets all that near!
han2503
I think it's 9 consecutive wins out of the traps. Meaning 9 out of 9 so far in the league which only Juve have done previously
acid911
Yup, that too. cool.gif Good eye, there, Han!
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 28 2013, 06:45 PM) *
I think it's 9 consecutive wins out of the traps. Meaning 9 out of 9 so far in the league which only Juve have done previously

What do you mean by 'out of the traps'?

Anyway, it's about the first games of the season. From day one until whenever a team stops winning. So far the record is held by Juve in 05/06 and Roma right now.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 28 2013, 05:22 PM) *
What do you mean by 'out of the traps'?

Anyway, it's about the first games of the season. From day one until whenever a team stops winning. So far the record is held by Juve in 05/06 and Roma right now.

It's usually said "Race out of the traps" meaning to start something very quickly.
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 28 2013, 10:40 PM) *
It's usually said "Race out of the traps" meaning to start something very quickly.

Aye. happy.gif A relatively obscure English expression, but it's not exactly about starting something quickly. Instead, I believe it's origin is from horse racing. The way the race horses get out of their wooden enclosures (traps) at the sound of the gun. In simpler terms it means right out of the block, from zero to whatever.

And well 11 wins out of 11 is quite good whichever way one looks at it, full chemistry, a cohesive unit. Rare sight.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 28 2013, 05:58 PM) *
Aye. happy.gif A relatively obscure English expression, but it's not exactly about starting something quickly. Instead, I believe it's origin is from horse racing. The way the race horses get out of their wooden enclosures (traps) at the sound of the gun. In simpler terms it means right out of the block, from zero to whatever.

And well 11 wins out of 11 is quite good whichever way one looks at it, full chemistry, a cohesive unit. Rare sight.

Yeah I was going to put in horse races as an example, but if you look it up online it's usually defined as "starting out quickly"
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 29 2013, 12:13 AM) *
Yeah I was going to put in horse races as an example, but if you look it up online it's usually defined as "starting out quickly"

I don't look up online because I am an English language encyclopedia! friends.gif But I hear you!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 28 2013, 10:33 PM) *
I don't look up online because I am an English language encyclopedia! friends.gif But I hear you!

Haha ... Yeah, Google before you talk, seems to be the new think before you talk laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 29 2013, 08:23 AM) *
Haha ... Yeah, Google before you talk, seems to be the new think before you talk laugh.gif

Well obviously you don't want to look like an idiot. Google is like that friend whispering the answer in your eat before you give a reply
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 29 2013, 12:15 PM) *
Well obviously you don't want to look like an idiot. Google is like that friend whispering the answer in your eat before you give a reply

Hey acid!!!

But han, really, google? So the mind no longer has a purpose now does it tongue.gif
acid911
Nice! Gang up on a simple and humble fan of the English language together. dry.gif mellow.gif Real classy!

tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 29 2013, 10:44 AM) *
Hey acid!!!

But han, really, google? So the mind no longer has a purpose now does it tongue.gif

Well I knew what it meant to begin with, otherwise I wouldn't have used it, I just wanted to let acid know that it can be used in different scenarios other then it's intended one in racing.

And shut it, the "t" is near the "r", it's not my fault, total typo
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 29 2013, 11:11 AM) *
Nice! Gang up on a simple and humble fan of the English language together. dry.gif mellow.gif Real classy!

tongue.gif

He was picking on me not you as I wrote "t" instead of "r" so I wrote "eat" instead of "ear"

Anyways, what is this???? A grammatical and language for idiots forum?
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 29 2013, 05:40 PM) *
He was picking on me not you as I wrote "t" instead of "r" so I wrote "eat" instead of "ear"

Ah, now that I read your post, it makes sense. blush.gif I always knew R7 was on my side. king.gif Love the guy!

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 29 2013, 05:40 PM) *
Anyways, what is this???? A grammatical and language for idiots forum?

It is this week. devil.gif
X-Offender
Historic 10th win for Roma tonight.
acid911
They held on in the end, good stuff. happy.gif Feared they may concede and draw.
Linkman
Sadly Juve and Napoli both have had impressive league starts as well.
Ry4n
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 1 2013, 03:38 AM) *
They held on in the end, good stuff. happy.gif Feared they may concede and draw.

grats to Roma , but tbh they didn'nt look in trouble towards the end at all there defense is actually good... , at one point i thought Chievo might try and mount something but they never really got going from the 70th mark onwards when Roma were tiring. But man there coach you could tell from just looking at the players how much morale boost he gives his players.

Big congrats to Roma 10 wins from 10 is nothing small.
acid911
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Nov 1 2013, 06:04 AM) *
grats to Roma , but tbh they didn'nt look in trouble towards the end at all there defense is actually good... , at one point i thought Chievo might try and mount something but they never really got going from the 70th mark onwards when Roma were tiring.

True. smile.gif

But man there coach you could tell from just looking at the players how much morale boost he gives his players.

True. wink.gif

Big congrats to Roma 10 wins from 10 is nothing small.

And true. cool.gif
kurtsimonw
I wish we signed Cerci when we were linked with him in he summer. sad.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 4 2013, 12:45 AM) *
I wish we signed Cerci when we were linked with him in he summer. sad.gif

Cerci? He would have sucked worse than Matri. In this team even Messi would be bad, let alone frigging Cerci.
kurtsimonw
We're screaming out for an actual winger. He's been phenomenal this season after a very, very good season last season. To think we have SES and Niang. rolleyes.gif
han2503
Cerci is a counter attacking player, he'd be terrible for us, just as he is whenever he's played for Italy. Not to mention he gives off the vibe that he's someone who's better at being the big fish in the small pond rather than the other way around.

But considering we'd been linked with both him and Candreva, Cerci is definitely the lesser of 2 evils.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.