Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zapata
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Pages: 1, 2
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 30 2014, 01:18 PM) *
It's an odd one. While Seedorf is clearly a stubborn guy which could bother some players, he comes across as a very likeable person working with the BBC for the World Cup.

Pundit Seedorf is a completely different animal to manager Seedorf.

As a comparison, if you watched Boris Becker as a pundit for BBC he was this light-hearted fun, quirky guy - slightly idiotic in fact.

Now he's Djokovic's coach and he is truly a completely different person - BBC interviewed him AS Djokovic's coach and the timbre in his voice was totally different and he was sensible and not light-hearted at all.

The role you're in defines how you will behave.
Fillipo Simone
Well, it's more then just evident that Milan by definition nowadays means trouble and various problems. Not one person is responsible for our bad situation and the created mess: it was obvious even with a charlatan coach like Allegri that all the blame cannot be directed to one person.

The same applies on Seedorf. He sure is stubborn and arrogant, and he may have stepped on quite a few toes during his reign. But then again, I trust his judgement, and I'm sure the Milan of today has much more rotten apples then sapphires and diamonds.

That being said, I think the club realized how low they've treated a club legend and are now trying to spin the whole story with as much as possible Seedorf bashing via stories and players.

On Zapata: I think he's been overly optimistic. Fact remains, he played the first half of the season poorly under Allegri. Reading his comments one would think Milan was - during the first half of the season - better under Allegri, while in fact we put up one after another horrible performance. And who has he faced by now? Japan, a sterile Greece and Uruguay, then Ivory Coast, then only true attacking menace. Like all the Colombian players, he's getting cocky, while some real tests are still to come.
Danny
tbh you could probably dismiss ALL teams as having come through real 'tests' in this world cup.

The only team that's really come up against a tough side and come through it (at a major cost, admittedly) is Brazil, oddly enough V Zaps' Colombia.

Otherwise Argies saw off an abysmal Belgian display, Germany swept aside an amateur France and Holland were so so lucky V Costa Rica.

acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 7 2014, 07:50 PM) *
The only team that's really come up against a tough side and come through it (at a major cost, admittedly) is Brazil, oddly enough V Zaps' Colombia.

And Chile. sleep.gif Brazil against Chile was a tough one, man!
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 7 2014, 02:02 PM) *
And Chile. sleep.gif Brazil against Chile was a tough one, man!

True, a very good team indeed.
Fillipo Simone
I don't know. I wouldn't exactly agree France played amateurish, and Algeria was a strong opponent, that I'm sure of. Plus having a group with USA, Portugal and Ghana wasn't easy at all, so I've gotta say - Germany got tested pretty decently.
kurtsimonw
Algeria are by no means a strong opponent, they just exploited Germany's lack of pace.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 7 2014, 08:04 PM) *
Algeria are by no means a strong opponent, they just exploited Germany's lack of pace.

Nah, I wouldn't reduce it to one attribute. Sure, they did exploit some tactical weaknesses, but overall they're a very disciplined and good prepared opponent. Just like Costa Rica. Strong is maybe not the right word.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 7 2014, 08:23 PM) *
True, a very good team indeed.

Exactly, and a completely different beast that Colombia is. smile.gif They play a different brand of football. Sure, it was a mistake that gifted them the goal, but no wonder they kept coming at Brazil every single minute. And speaking as a fan, I know Mexico also came at them hard, these guys have always troubled Brazil.

As opposed to say Argentina, where Mexico chicken out. But against Brazil, they bring their A game. So overall some hard fought battles for Brazil, which they have seen through one way or another. This next one is the hardest.
han2503
Bumped. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.