Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SP] La Liga 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Jack Sparrow
I dislike him. But I'm guessing he is one of those footballing people you despise if he's not on your team. We had our share of them in recent times Zlatan, Rino even Uncle Fester. biggrin.gif

I dislike him coz of the obvious disrespectful attitude, I wish to go back to the days when all coaches were like Sir Bobby.

But I also don't like the style of his teams play. And I also dislike that everytime he has left the team inevitably it has fallen apart and into a heavy debt.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 31 2012, 02:18 PM) *
I dislike him. But I'm guessing he is one of those footballing people you despise if he's not on your team.

How can you only despise him if he's not on your team? How can anyone not despise him? The pr*** actually assigned one of his players the task to hurt and possibly take out of the game one of the opposition's players!! I think anyone who WANTS TO see things clearly, can easily tell what Del Horno was deployed to do that night...

What can one do that is worse than that in sports terms?
Jack Sparrow
BUt he's never come out and said it. Plus as a fan you will never admit that happened and just say it was tough marking and an unfortunate tackle.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 31 2012, 01:53 PM) *
How can you only despise him if he's not on your team? How can anyone not despise him? The pr*** actually assigned one of his players the task to hurt and possibly take out of the game one of the opposition's players!! I think anyone who WANTS TO see things clearly, can easily tell what Del Horno was deployed to do that night...

Mourinho is one of the greatest tacitcal managers of all-time and you think he wanted to play with 10 men against Barca?
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 31 2012, 04:06 PM) *
BUt he's never come out and said it. Plus as a fan you will never admit that happened and just say it was tough marking and an unfortunate tackle.

He repeatedly made nasty tackles in that game. And that was over the line of tough marking... there's no way all of that just happened. I've seen only a few matches of Del Horno and as mediocre as he was he never looked like a goon...

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2012, 05:28 PM) *
Mourinho is one of the greatest tacitcal managers of all-time and you think he wanted to play with 10 men against Barca?

No he's not. He's done nothing I've never seen before. What makes him a great coach is his unique ability to lead his players and make them give everything, every game. They play or him and try harder for him and it shows. Hell he could tell them to take an opponent out of the game and they'd do it... oh wait that's what happened with Del Horno.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 31 2012, 03:49 PM) *
He repeatedly made nasty tackles in that game. And that was over the line of tough marking... there's no way all of that just happened. I've seen only a few matches of Del Horno and as mediocre as he was he never looked like a goon...

No he's not. He's done nothing I've never seen before. What makes him a great coach is his unique ability to lead his players and make them give everything, every game. They play or him and try harder for him and it shows. Hell he could tell them to take an opponent out of the game and they'd do it... oh wait that's what happened with Del Horno.

Inter at the Nou Camp was an incredible tactical display. No dirty tactics, no particular star performances, he had each player sit in a zone and not chase and it worked to perfection.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2012, 05:53 PM) *
Inter at the Nou Camp was an incredible tactical display. No dirty tactics, no particular star performances, he had each player sit in a zone and not chase and it worked to perfection.

I agree. I'm just saying I've seen that before. He's not doing anything new or different. That kind of defending has been the norm in Serie A ever since man-marking faded away. What makes him better than other coaches is that he brings the best out of his players game after game. Not tactically as a team, but individually. If that game was repeated multiple times, a team coached by Mourinho would be able to pull it off more often than a team coached by any other coach.
kurtsimonw
Has there been anything 'new' in football though? Everything has been done or tried before.
Jack Sparrow
I hate myself for saying this, but this new Barcelona style. You can point out it's 'influences' sure, but this was the final ideal.
dst
Barcelona.

I'm not saying Mourinho had to come up with something new. Just that he's not a tactical genius or anything.
Jack Sparrow
Go f@ck yourself, you might be the reason my girlfriend leaves me. dry.gif You still copy my lines after that??!!!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 31 2012, 04:16 PM) *
Barcelona.

This isn't even the first Barcelona team to play this style.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2012, 05:31 PM) *
This isn't even the first Barcelona team to play this style.

You can't compare Cruyff's Barcelona with this one. They didn't play tika-taka and never had such a tactical line-up.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 31 2012, 01:53 PM) *

Please tell me you're not talking about the Barca game where Messi rolled around about 15 times, whilst looking out the corner of his eye to the referee after getting very little contact?

But he's a saint and does no wrong right?
kurtsimonw
He's a dirty little player, racist to boot.
dst
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 31 2012, 09:43 PM) *
Please tell me you're not talking about the Barca game where Messi rolled around about 15 times, whilst looking out the corner of his eye to the referee after getting very little contact?

But he's a saint and does no wrong right?

What does Messi's theatrics have to do with what Del Horno was doing in that game?
kurtsimonw
I never get this arguement. How is being dirty worse than cheating? If you're dirty and foul - you get punished by a red card, etc. If you cheat, you don't get punished and actually benefit.

The theatrics Barca have pulled against Mourinho teams in recent years are lightyears worse than what Jose has done in those games.
dst
I'm not talking cheating vs being dirty. I made no comparison at all. And this is not just being dirty. Trying to kick a player out of a game does not compare to anything and has no place in the football world.
Danny
I want to marry Falcao. The best striker in the modern game, by a country mile. The guy is a £35M of striking magic. Clinical, powerful, incredible movement.

If Chelsea had had any sense Abramovich would have flung £50M at AM and signed him sharp before the deadline.
X-Offender
Diarra has signed for Anzhi. They paid €5 million to Madrid for his services, and the player signed a four-year contract for a wage of €5 million per season.

Link

We were after this guy for the whole summer. He was Allegri's favorite, but like all mercenaries, he was only after the money. Clown. dry.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
That and the fact the Italian League just isn't that interesting to a lot of players these days.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 1 2012, 12:05 PM) *
That and the fact the Italian League just isn't that interesting to a lot of players these days.

I'm sure the Russian league is full of excitement...

We would have never offered him 5m per season. That's ridiculous money. He's not that good. The only player I could see us offering that contract was Kaka.
Fillipo Simone
Would be a bad investment anyway. Enjoy your stay in the Russian league!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2012, 01:11 PM) *
I'm sure the Russian league is full of excitement...

The Italian league is viewed as fairly ordinary these days, it's not that big of a catch. A lot of players would rather go to England or Spain or France or Germany to be honest.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 1 2012, 12:34 PM) *
The Italian league is viewed as fairly ordinary these days, it's not that big of a catch. A lot of players would rather go to England or Spain or France or Germany to be honest.

I don't believe for a second that players would rather go to France over Italy. Maybe for the money of PSG but Italy still has a far more decorated football league, with bigger clubs who are far more prestigious.

Juve, Inter, Milan and even Roma and Napoli imo are far more attractive to any player than any club in the French league.

The EPL and Spain are another level altogether, Spain mostly being Barca and Real who are attractive because you know you won't win anything with any of the other clubs aside from maybe the Europa league. Germany I'm still on the fence about; Bayern is the obvious choice, but their clubs usually have success acording to trends. Right now Dortmund look great, before there was Wulfsburg, Shalke, etc

I think you forget that Italy is still imo, a top footballing nation, the exploits of the NT show this, and the fact that the country's clubs have brought in as much CL titles in the last 10 years as the EPL also attests to this fact
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2012, 03:47 PM) *
I don't believe for a second that players would rather go to France over Italy. Maybe for the money of PSG but Italy still has a far more decorated football league, with bigger clubs who are far more prestigious.

Juve, Inter, Milan and even Roma and Napoli imo are far more attractive to any player than any club in the French league.

The EPL and Spain are another level altogether, Spain mostly being Barca and Real who are attractive because you know you won't win anything with any of the other clubs aside from maybe the Europa league. Germany I'm still on the fence about; Bayern is the obvious choice, but their clubs usually have success acording to trends. Right now Dortmund look great, before there was Wulfsburg, Shalke, etc

I think you forget that Italy is still imo, a top footballing nation, the exploits of the NT show this, and the fact that the country's clubs have brought in as much CL titles in the last 10 years as the EPL also attests to this fact

+1
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, but this year Serie A survived a major blow. Inter, Juventus and Milan transformed into teams who are not even marked as honorary "CL-contender". And I don't see this changing very fast.
kurtsimonw
Give it 2 games before he's complaining about monkey chants at him.
Jack Bauer
WTF. Ronaldo wants to leave Real?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11...eports-dog-Real
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11...I-m-feeling-sad

It's time for Berlu to bring the money he was saving for emergencies biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Most people on here would probably be suicidal if he came.
KillerMax
I would welcome him. But he will probably go back to England if he does end up leaving.
Fillipo Simone
Don't think he'll leave. But then again...who knows. England? I think he's been there, he's done that.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 3 2012, 06:13 PM) *
Don't think he'll leave. But then again...who knows. England? I think he's been there, he's done that.

If not Spain than surely England would be the place to be. Can't imagine him coming to Italy.

Maybe PSG will make a ridiculous new record and snap him up. But he's still too young to go to the French league.
Jack Bauer
He's probably acting like a primadonna to get a higher salary or just some ego boost. I'll be very surprised if he leaves Real. After Real, United and of course Barca is out of question, there are not many options left. City maybe.
kurtsimonw
A few reports in England say he is good friends with Kaka' and angry that the club wouldn't let him go if they wonn't play him. If he is after a new deal, he deserves it, how many players score more goals than play games for a team. They should give him a blank cheque really.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 3 2012, 11:31 PM) *
A few reports in England say he is good friends with Kaka' and angry that the club wouldn't let him go if they wonn't play him. If he is after a new deal, he deserves it, how many players score more goals than play games for a team. They should give him a blank cheque really.

+1. sleep.gif +100, even.
dst
Why would Barcelona be out of the question? I don't think he wouldn't go there but yeah RM would not sell him to them. I doubt there's any truth to this rumor though. He's probably looking for a bigger contract which he deserves if you look at his record. But surely couldn't his agent do just that, show them his record? Or maybe he's already done that. I would not rule out a move to Serie A either if he left. But it's not gonna happen any time soon. I don't like his attitude one bit but of course I'd welcome him at Milan, he's just too good.
kurtsimonw
Apparently it's the anniversary of his dad's death.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 3 2012, 06:59 PM) *
Apparently it's the anniversary of his dad's death.

That would be a good reason, but it surely cannot be it since he made it clear that the problem was of a professional nature rather than personal.

I'm either thinking he wants a new contract or he feels he's done all he can at Real
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2012, 08:02 PM) *
That would be a good reason, but it surely cannot be it since he made it clear that the problem was of a professional nature rather than personal.

Yeah, exactly.
X-Offender
Even though he's Silvio's dream transfer, he'll remain such. We can't spend €6 million to purchase Aquilani, let alone +€50 million for Ronaldo. Not to mention the astronomical wages. I can perfectly see him at PSG, Chelsea or City.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 3 2012, 08:40 PM) *
Why would Barcelona be out of the question? I don't think he wouldn't go there but yeah RM would not sell him to them. I doubt there's any truth to this rumor though. He's probably looking for a bigger contract which he deserves if you look at his record. But surely couldn't his agent do just that, show them his record? Or maybe he's already done that. I would not rule out a move to Serie A either if he left. But it's not gonna happen any time soon. I don't like his attitude one bit but of course I'd welcome him at Milan, he's just too good.

+1

Even though he's Silvio's dream transfer, he'll remain such. We can't spend €6 million to purchase Aquilani, let alone +€50 million for Ronaldo. Not to mention the astronomical wages. I can perfectly see him at PSG, Chelsea or City.

Silvio is known for his "exemptions". He could be splashing some personal money for this.
han2503
lol, are you guys seriously contemplating a C.Ron move to Milan???????

We can barely afford to pay for the ball boys right now!

Sure Silvio would fund it, just like he was so happy to fund Ronaldinho's move, but what does getting such a big name do? The wages are taken from Milan's balance sheet, not Silvio's personal account.

And personally, if Silvio is happy enough to flaunt money at a flashy transfer like Ronaldo, then I would have preferred it had that money gone to good use and we kept Silva
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2012, 10:02 PM) *

I'm either thinking he wants a new contract or he feels he's done all he can at Real

His contract expires on June 2015, where he pays 24% tax on the 'old' Beckham rule. Since 2010, all contracts were against 43% tax for foreign players .. Don't see why Ronaldo would be discussing that, as he is the highest paid in Europe I believe - including marketing rights?

On the latter, has the fact that he isn't playing for il club piu'titolato al mondo ever crossed your mind? 96.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 3 2012, 08:50 PM) *
His contract expires on June 2015, where he pays 24% tax on the 'old' Beckham rule. Since 2010, all contracts were against 43% tax for foreign players .. Don't see why Ronaldo would be discussing that, as he is the highest paid in Europe I believe - including marketing rights?

On the latter, has the fact that he isn't playing for il club piu'titolato al mondo ever crossed your mind? 96.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to get on board the sinking ship biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Yes, from all the rumours I've read it's all about Ronaldo not feeling the love at Madrid.

- He wants the club to really back his bid for Ballon d'Or and protect him from the press, the way Barca and the team does for Messi. But RM isn't known for doing that. Neither the management nor the fans. They'll value their homegrown heroes, and so Casillas is who is reportedly having the fans, the management's and the political backing.

- He would like a contract extension as soon as possible since his contract ends at 2015. Real are thinking things through because at the moment they really have their wages stretched, and the new 43% ( or is it 52%?) tax slab are making them hesitate. There are too many players there (ahem..Kaka) on higher wages than ought to be.

- He's had a falling out with Marcelo who is de-facto leader outside of Casillas (over Sergio Ramos even huh.gif) and the club not supporting him in the matter irks him.

- The weakest rumour I've heard is of the 'ill-treatment' of his friends Kaka and Carvalho by the management. As far as I can tell, they're both highly valued by Perez and in fact Perez is furious at Mourinho for the way Kaka is being treated. But this would mean Ronaldo is angry at Mourinho which I doubt a lot. Since Mourinho always becomes best pals with his top players. Further more, I've never heard Ronaldo being known as having 'personal' affection for any of his team mates off the pitch- unlike say our Zee or Rino or Paolo. His greatest strength and weakness has always been that he puts himself first.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2012, 03:27 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to get on board the sinking ship biggrin.gif

It would cement his legend you know. He would be to Milan what Cantona was to Man Utd. And among all the top clubs in Italy it is Milan that has been known to best deal with superstars, until that turd Cassano that is.

But of course, I'm not being realistic. We can't get him. We could afford either his wages or his transfer fee...not both.
Milan Are Brilliant
Plus the likelihood is Milan at this moment in time is probably not realistically big enough for him. Would be a hell of a signing though, but in reality the only time it's going to happen is in FIFA or Football Manager and even then, that's if you use cheats...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2012, 11:57 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

He'd be an imbecile to decline such a proposal biggrin.gif
Jack Bauer
There is no chance in hell it will be Milan looking at the salary alone. He's earning £11m per season there, only Eto'o and Zlatan earn more in the world of football. He would ask at least 15m from us.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 3 2012, 08:59 PM) *
- The weakest rumour I've heard is of the 'ill-treatment' of his friends Kaka and Carvalho by the management. As far as I can tell, they're both highly valued by Perez and in fact Perez is furious at Mourinho for the way Kaka is being treated. But this would mean Ronaldo is angry at Mourinho which I doubt a lot. Since Mourinho always becomes best pals with his top players. Further more, I've never heard Ronaldo being known as having 'personal' affection for any of his team mates off the pitch- unlike say our Zee or Rino or Paolo. His greatest strength and weakness has always been that he puts himself first.

Ar you sure about that jackie?

Ohh, wait you said off the pitch right? My bad biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.