Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro 2012
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 14 2012, 01:56 PM) *
What?

No way are they the clear favourites. I think Croatia atm are a far more cohesive unit then Italy.

I think Italy have the better overall quality on paper, but I think I've learnt my lesson about judging things based on paper.

Cohesion? It's relative, I've seen so bad performances Croatia made...So it's hard to speak of Croatian cohesion.

Our defense is C class or below, it's a really horrible bunch of players Cassano and Balo should be able to penetrate with no problem. We have no good DM and our poor handling of set pieces...that all should really be enough for Italy.
X-Offender
Again, too many empty seats. UEFA flop.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 14 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Lewandowski at BVB/Poland = Gomez at Stuttgart. So your theory is incorrect.

You say that like Stuttgart weren't qualifying for the CL post-Gomez. biggrin.gif

Empty seats is disappointing. This is why you give competitions to nations with actual interest. If the natives are going to watch games with teams like Italy then they really shouldn't be hosting.
acid911
Sometimes I do wonder whether we paid Pirlo his salaries or not while he was here. sad.gif Sure doesn't look like it.
William405
Italy score...Pirlo...
X-Offender
Pirlo and Cassano have been great.
kurtsimonw
Yeah Cassano had a brilliant first half.
drucurl
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 14 2012, 12:40 PM) *
Sometimes I do wonder whether we paid Pirlo his salaries or not while he was here. sad.gif Sure doesn't look like it.

It's as if he swam in the Lazarus Pit before going to juve/putting on the Azzuri shirt dry.gif
kurtsimonw
Superb touch and finish.
kurtsimonw
FIFA/UEFA need to sort this out. Points decuction for flares. Either the fans stop, or they won't be seeing their teams qualify - simple.
CrazyMilanFan
Defence was poor but it was coming for a while
kurtsimonw
Interesting.
CrazyMilanFan
1-1 poor result for italy
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jun 14 2012, 07:53 PM) *
1-1 poor result for italy

Poor result? They only need to win against Ireland and they're through.
acid911
QUOTE (drucurl @ Jun 14 2012, 10:10 PM) *
It's as if he swam in the Lazarus Pit before going to juve/putting on the Azzuri shirt

I hear you man. mellow.gif Totally agreed. I haven't seen this Pirlo since at least 2007. Anyway, for the uninitiated, the Lazarus Pit is a fictional place in DC Comics, where one can go to restore anyone to full health and age. You guys may very well see it in the upcoming Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises.

It was practically the first thing they shot when the movie began production.
Zed.D
Typical Italy: score a goal, sit back and defend. rolleyes.gif

And I'm still wondering, who let that excuse for a footballer (Giaccherini) not only in the Azzurri camp but their XI? blink.gif OMG, pure waste of space. is Prandelli blind? can't he see Italy have been playing with 10 men?
Jack Bauer
Italy used to have the best defence with some legends and WC players. No more.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jun 14 2012, 07:16 PM) *
Italy used to have the best defence with some legends and WC players. No more.

They certainly miss that Materazziness that single handedly took them to the World Cup.
Zed.D
Single handedly?? I hope you're joking.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 14 2012, 07:40 PM) *
Single handedly?? I hope you're joking.

wink.gif

Not a single Spanish player singing the anthem.. unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
80 seconds - time it took Busquets to end up on the floor..
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2012, 11:13 PM) *
Not a single Spanish player singing the anthem.. unsure.gif

I thought their anthem was instrumental. unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 14 2012, 07:50 PM) *
I thought their anthem was instrumental. unsure.gif

I thought that initially, but their fans were singing. So no idea.
Jack Bauer
This can end very bad for Ireland with 5-6 goals. The gap is just too big.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jun 14 2012, 07:52 PM) *
This can end very bad for Ireland with 5-6 goals. The gap is just too big.

I'd be a little disappointed if it's only 5 or 6.
Zed.D
laugh.gif
acid911
Torres? huh.gif ohmy.gif Good thing Spain's coach still has faith in him.
acid911
Silva 2-0. sleep.gif Expected.
kurtsimonw
Ireland's concentration is embarassing.

1st game: Conceed with 3 minutes. Conceed end of 1st half. Conceed within 3 minutes of 2nd half.
2nd game: Conceed within 3 minutes. Conceed within 3 minutes of 2nd half.

Trap must be absolutely furious.
kurtsimonw
Holy crap what a save Given!
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 14 2012, 06:01 PM) *
Typical Italy: score a goal, sit back and defend. rolleyes.gif

And I'm still wondering, who let that excuse for a footballer (Giaccherini) not only in the Azzurri camp but their XI? blink.gif OMG, pure waste of space. is Prandelli blind? can't he see Italy have been playing with 10 men?

I fail to see how we simpletons cann notice this but Prandelli continues to start him! As a wingback no less!!!

It's f@cking ridiculous. I barely even noticed he was on, especially in the first half, I don't think he touched the ball more than 10 times.

Prandelli absolutely needs to drop this stupid formation and switch back to what works. Italy couldn't even score one goal from open play against Croatia, and if they don't drastically improve they won't be able to beat Ireland. And I haven't seen a team play this slow since the days under Carlo at Milan, it's ridiculous how slow the players move, even when they have a clear opportunity to increase the tempo of the game

And WTF was Chiellini doing when they equalised?? If this is the next great Italian defender than God help us. Such mediocrity!!

Oh and btw, is Balotelli annoying the sh!t out of anyone else or is it just me?
kurtsimonw
Balzaretti will be starting when he's 100% ready. Italy will get through the groups with Giaccherini and that's all that matters.
acid911
It's amazing how Giaccherini was watching Euro 2008 as a fan in Serie Z, and how rose to the top. biggrin.gif Now in the Italian XI playing in the biggest of matches. Balotelli? He was born annoying, so no surprises there. Same goes for Chiellini, anyone that calls him a good defender practically asking for a punch in the kisser. He's just alright.

But I guess that's what you get when you have an (almost) Juventus XI disguised as an Italian National Team. Had Italy won this, they'd have practically booked the flight for the next stage. It all came down to one bad defensive error in general - not discounting the amazing ball control from a certain Croatian. cool.gif That's football, I guess.

Funny that as of this writing we have two Mario brothers leading the charts - Mario Gomez and Mario Mandžukić.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2012, 09:10 PM) *
Balzaretti will be starting when he's 100% ready. Italy will get through the groups with Giaccherini and that's all that matters.

If they don't win against Ireland they're out. Not managing one win so far is just not acceptable imo.

And playing mediocre players like Giaccherini in a NT first 11 is also unacceptable. How a player who could barely get a look in at this Juve side could get the start in the NT in a major summer tournament is beyond me

Prandelli is basically undoing all the good he achieved during the qualifiers with this get up.

Balzaretti is ready, and certainly a far more adapt player than the likes of Giaccherini
acid911
So, basically a bit of a rout. Spain 4-0 Ireland. unsure.gif I don't know, expected a bit more fight from the Irish.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 14 2012, 09:30 PM) *
If they don't win against Ireland they're out. Not managing one win so far is just not acceptable imo.

What!? You said before the game Italy aren't favourites to beat Croatia. So unless you expected them to beat Spain I don't understand this comment.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 14 2012, 10:08 PM) *
Prandelli absolutely needs to drop this stupid formation and switch back to what works. Italy couldn't even score one goal from open play against Croatia, and if they don't drastically improve they won't be able to beat Ireland. And I haven't seen a team play this slow since the days under Carlo at Milan, it's ridiculous how slow the players move, even when they have a clear opportunity to increase the tempo of the game

I don't think the formation is at fault tbh. Balotelli and Cassano missed a few sitters.

And btw., is anyone else noticing how Cassano's finishing skills deteriorate? Even when he played for Milan I remember a few chances he wasted passing, rather then shooting. Today as well.
Habitant
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 14 2012, 05:55 PM) *
Poor result? They only need to win against Ireland and they're through.

no a 2-2 draw between spain/croatia and both qualify regardless of what italy does
if spain lose then italy must score more than 4 v ireland
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Habitant @ Jun 14 2012, 10:01 PM) *
no a 2-2 draw between spain/croatia and both qualify regardless of what italy does

Remind people of anything?

Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2012, 06:08 PM) *
You say that like Stuttgart weren't qualifying for the CL post-Gomez. biggrin.gif

But they certainly didn't win the Bundesliga wink.gif

One more thing: I read an interview with Mandžukić. He said he'll go if Magarth stays at Wolfsburg. He hinted at the EPL and said he's a Aston Villa fan.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 14 2012, 10:03 PM) *
One more thing: I read an interview with Mandžukić. He said he'll go if Magarth stays at Wolfsburg. He hinted at the EPL and said he's a Aston Villa fan.

blink.gif

That would be awesome.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2012, 08:44 PM) *
What!? You said before the game Italy aren't favourites to beat Croatia. So unless you expected them to beat Spain I don't understand this comment.

I also said they have the better team. Still I would expect them to do better than this even if they weren't glaring favourites.

The tempo of the game is just too slow, Cassano and Balo aren't clicking and the wingbacks are not working properly. Maggio was really good against Spain but disappoted me today, I expect more from Marchisio, one of my favourites on the team, and I expect Chiellini to defend a simple cross.

I'd personally drop Balo for the next game, I know you like him, but he's just not cutting it.

The team needs more drive, playing at this level means you play with more pace than the usual run of the mill mid-table Serie A side. And players of the level of Giaccherini should not even be getting a look in. I wonder why he left someone like Pepe at home and brought this guy along. Pepe might be the poster boy for mediocrity but at least he brings in passion and some sort of aggression into it.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 14 2012, 10:08 PM) *
I'd personally drop Balo for the next game, I know you like him, but he's just not cutting it.

I do like him, but he should've been dropped after the Spain game. He's been awful. Maybe nerves?

I don't have a major problem with the system personally, but Cassano/Balo don't really seem interested in running behind like Toto does so he needs to start. Di Natale for Balotelli and Balzaretti for Giaccherini will be fine. If people really don't like the system, you just push De Rossi further forward and have Maggio - Bonucci - Chiellini - Balzaretti at the back.

EDIT: Motta out for Giovinco/Montolivo too.
Rossoneri7
Thiago Motta is definitely the weakest link in this equation .. dry.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2012, 10:15 PM) *
I do like him, but he should've been dropped after the Spain game. He's been awful. Maybe nerves?

I don't have a major problem with the system personally, but Cassano/Balo don't really seem interested in running behind like Toto does so he needs to start. Di Natale for Balotelli and Balzaretti for Giaccherini will be fine. If people really don't like the system, you just push De Rossi further forward and have Maggio - Bonucci - Chiellini - Balzaretti at the back.

EDIT: Motta out for Giovinco/Montolivo too.

Agreed with everything

Altough Gio wouldn't be played where Motta is, so I'd drop him for Monto or Nocerino. Montolivo did more in 15 minutes than Motta did in the entire match

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 15 2012, 09:41 AM) *
Thiago Motta is definitely the weakest link in this equation .. dry.gif

Yep, he's so slow and 1 dimensional. How much did PSG pay for him again?
Rossoneri7
Not sure, but im convinced that transfer was born out of Leonardo's recommendations mostly, rather than being rational that is.
X-Offender
Prandelli should give an opportunity to Nocerino. It's quite baffling that he's played a Juventus substitute twice in a row whilst one of the best midfielders of last season only played the final seconds against Spain.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 15 2012, 01:06 PM) *
Altough Gio wouldn't be played where Motta is, so I'd drop him for Monto or Nocerino. Montolivo did more in 15 minutes than Motta did in the entire match

I agree if they play the wingback system. But if they move to 4 at the back, De Rossi would now be in midfield, so him Marchisio and Pirlo is enough to allow Giovinco to start.

I think Italy may drop a few players on yellow cards to stop them getting suspended for the KO stages, so I imagine the likes of Balotelli and Motta will be dropped for certain now.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 15 2012, 01:46 PM) *
I agree if they play the wingback system. But if they move to 4 at the back, De Rossi would now be in midfield, so him Marchisio and Pirlo is enough to allow Giovinco to start.

I think Italy may drop a few players on yellow cards to stop them getting suspended for the KO stages, so I imagine the likes of Balotelli and Motta will be dropped for certain now.

The KO stages aren't a sure thing.

I wouldn't risk it, so the best 11 need to be out there.

Yeah, you're right about Gio, I wasn't taking into consideration the possibility of changing back to 4 at the back. although personally I'd prefer it if Bonucci was dropped and De Rossi stayed at CB. He's been Italy's best defender, which is ironic considering he isn't one.
acid911
Rain, rain, go to Spain. biggrin.gif tongue.gif Never show your face again. At least until the end of the Euros.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.