Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fillipo Simone
Any video? I missed that match?
kurtsimonw
Highlights

All Penalties

Fighting
kurtsimonw
Peru 2-0 up against 10 men Venezuela with 20 minutes to go. Looks like they'll be finished 3rd.
Jack Bauer
Uruguay looking good so far. Suarez scored a nice goal and Paraguay are very lucky that a very clear handball in the penalty area early on was ignored by the ref.
kurtsimonw
If this game finishes 11 v 11 I will be shocked.
Jack Bauer
Happy for Forlan, he deserve it. His long drought is finally over.

Uruguay 15th win is almost done. Paraguay is too toothless to comeback.
Milan Are Brilliant
Yep, this is Uruguay's though this final is a little disappointing, but so has the whole competition but maybe it hasn't I said the same about SA last year and people rated that, maybe this is just modern football.
kurtsimonw
Bit of both for me. Paraguay defending their way to the Final, but the quality just hasn't been there for the most part.

Uruguay deserve to win this given that they've actually won a game to get there!
kurtsimonw
FT 3-0, Suarez & Forlan (2).

Most successful nation in South American football. biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE
I guess Ms. Riquelme will just have to present us with an alternate gift like last time then...
Fillipo Simone

BRAVO!
Jack Bauer
Well done! Best team in SA in the last few years. Can't argue with facts: they went further in the last world cup than any other south american team and now won this smile.gif

BTW, not many people realize but Uruguay is a pretty small country with about 3.5 million people but such a rich football tradition...

-------------------------
Forlan is now tied with Hector Scarone for most goal ever for Uruguay with 31.

Not the firts time Uruguay win the Copa in Argentina. Last time it happened in 1987, when their beat Maradona's team in the semis.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jul 24 2011, 10:16 PM) *
BTW, not many people realize but Uruguay is a pretty small country with about 3.5 million people but such a reach football tradition...

No excuses for the Scots not to win Euro 2012 then.
Fillipo Simone
Ahha....

Anyone mentioned the 20 year old Sebastian Coates as CB? I think he has some potential, this kid will soon be signed by a bigger European club, I'm pretty sure.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 25 2011, 01:28 AM) *
Anyone mentioned the 20 year old Sebastian Coates as CB? I think he has some potential, this kid will soon be signed by a bigger European club, I'm pretty sure.

Looks promising. He was heavily linked with us a year ago but nothing came out of it.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 24 2011, 11:28 PM) *

You'd imagine he'd be signed by the end of the window by a decent European club.

Uruguay really do have a good team. They won the competition fairly easily and Cavani barely played.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 25 2011, 03:19 AM) *
You'd imagine he'd be signed by the end of the window by a decent European club.

Uruguay really do have a good team. They won the competition fairly easily and Cavani barely played.

I'm sure Di Laurentiis threatened to neuter Tabarez's parents if Cavani played over 15 minutes a game.
Fillipo Simone
Well, lately he's acting like a Zamparini successor.
samira
three genaration has won this tournament
Diego Forlan and his father, as well as his father has won Copa America.
Cavani is a great player but overrated.. Im glad that countrys like Venuzuela Uruguay and Paraguay that has been dominated by Brazil and Arentina came that far.

Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 24 2011, 10:19 PM) *
No excuses for the Scots not to win Euro 2012 then.

tbf we have a decent squad. I'm not sure about the regime, but our players are a little better than recent years. A lot of our players are in the EPL or SPL, occasionally Championship.

Not saying we'll win anything of course, Uruguay are blessed with a brilliant squad and some world class players. Just like Denmark were in 1992. And Greece were brilliant to win 2004.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 25 2011, 04:35 PM) *
Well, lately he's acting like a Zamparini successor.

They both are certified clowns of Serie A. dry.gif Both of their clubs have grown closer too after the sale of Cavani.
Jack Sparrow
Is it a South Italy thing? They really have a chip on their shoulder.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 26 2011, 09:23 AM) *
Is it a South Italy thing? They really have a chip on their shoulder.

Could very well be. wink.gif Whenever they open their mouth, you are bound to hear, well, interesting things.
Fillipo Simone
So, Alejandro Sabella appointed as the new Argentine NT coach. Will they ever learn? I don't get why they don't wanna call in some "real" coach?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 30 2011, 02:59 AM) *
So, Alejandro Sabella appointed as the new Argentine NT coach. Will they ever learn? I don't get why they don't wanna call in some "real" coach?

Argentine Football Association is a rotten and corrupt body witth the same moron president, Julio Grondona, since 1979. He does whatever he wants, including hiring clowns and things like expanding the league to ridiculous proportions just to make sure that River will come back after only one season. They need to do some serious reforms in Argentinian football.
Fillipo Simone
The thing I never understood is why either Hector Cuper or Carlos Bianchi did never crossed their/his mind for the National team. I think both, especially the letter, would have made some success.
Jack Bauer
I guess they never kissed Grondona's ass_ enough times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.