Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 28 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Have to admit, they're holding on for longer than I thought they would. Imo, their performances imo have to be largely attributed to Conte, who has turned a 7th place average team into table toppers. Just the determination the Juve players show every week, and then I sometimes watch our team come out and most of them barely want to run...

I really don't get why you seem so biased when it comes to Juventus. In your short summary you missed crucial points: it's not only their coach (which I agree is a revelation), but their transfers (Lichtsteiner, Pirlo especially, Barzagli who's been doing pretty good, etc.) and the fact that they seem to be injury free. You somehow forget that last seasons 7th place was due to their injury crisis as well. Granted, we have better players then Juventus, but I just wouldn't call it an average team.

One of the biggest problems I see in the future is the fact that we are broke, while Juventus seems to be eager to invest. From my point of view this scudetto is very important for us; if we win it, it will boost us a bit. If Juventus somehow win it, I can see them investing more and more.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 29 2012, 04:36 PM) *
I really don't get why you seem so biased when it comes to Juventus.

It's more the case of Han not wanting to admit he underestimated them. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif Saying that they are holding on for longer than he thought is credit enough in my book. Anyway, if we somehow lose the league this year, it'll most probably be the team in black and white that will win it. There will be a slip up or two, as slip ups do happen.

I don't like Juventus, but they've spent more than enough years in the wilderness to be back good again.
arivanjj
lecce 1 - 0 merda

51st min

id be happy with a draw. come on LECCE!
KillerMax
What horrid defending there from Juan on Bologna's goal...
KillerMax
And now what a free kick Pjanic!
X-Offender
Arrivederci merdazzurri! cool.gif
KillerMax
I get this serene sense of enjoyment when Ranieri loses. God... him and Merda were made for each other. devil.gif
KillerMax
Oh and congrats to Roma for hiring a Spanish coach in order to bring pansy style of football to Italy...
nuh
Juve are really starting to annoy me dry.gif
Jack Bauer
Parma - Juve has been postponed (bad weather).
X-Offender
First spot tomorrow!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 31 2012, 11:18 PM) *
First spot tomorrow!

Too bad it's by default (should we win that is). We should have snatched that spot on derby day...
kurtsimonw
Hmmm, 9 Serie A games tomorrow. There's an early game (Genoa-Lazio), but no late game. Seems strange, unless livescore has the time wrong for 1 of them.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh not sure how the weather conditions will influence the schedule.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 4 2012, 04:50 PM) *
Hmmm, 9 Serie A games tomorrow. There's an early game (Genoa-Lazio), but no late game. Seems strange, unless livescore has the time wrong for 1 of them.

The weather?

You know it's get colder later on the day.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 4 2012, 02:58 PM) *
The weather?

You know it's get colder later on the day.

*it gets colder.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 4 2012, 05:04 PM) *
*it gets colder.

I know, I forgot to do my spelling check. Am I in trouble now?
William405
Your safe,policecop isn't online.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 4 2012, 05:34 PM) *
Your safe,policecop isn't online.

acid? biggrin.gif
William405
Yep tongue.gif
acid911
At your service, chaps! laugh.gif tongue.gif
William405
Oh ****!We're busted.
CHU-LIP
Who of you guys are still confident we win the league?

I'm getting worried. Think Juventus may instead...
milanbuf88
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 4 2012, 11:19 AM) *

I'm not confident. IMO it will come down to how we survive this month. Especially the head to head with Juve. We really really need KPB and Aqua back. A healthy Pato would help too. We just don't have any quality back ups in the midfield.
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 4 2012, 09:18 PM) *
Oh ****!We're busted.

stop.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 4 2012, 09:19 PM) *

Yeah, not at all. unsure.gif I'd be okay to bow out in the CL now, if it meant we'll win the league. Injuries aren't helping, but I would like the coach and team to stretch a bit, overcome the limitations, and emerge as the winner come the final week. All things considered, the league is an absolute must this year.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 4 2012, 07:19 PM) *

It's only 4 points difference (if Juve wins at Parma) and they still have to play at San Siro. If we can recover Boateng and Aqui relatively quickly, and not lose points in the next two games (vs Napoli and Udinese) - I like our chances. We don't have enough quality depth in our midfield without them. Even our brought backup (Merkel) is out injured.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 4 2012, 09:07 PM) *
It's only 4 points difference (if Juve wins at Parma) and they still have to play at San Siro. If we can recover Boateng and Aqui relatively quickly, and not lose points in the next two games (vs Napoli and Udinese) - I like our chances. We don't have enough quality depth in our midfield without them. Even our brought backup (Merkel) is out injured.

That's a big if.

Napoli, Udinese and Juventus, tougher than that it won't get. This are exactly the games I am worried about. Now with Boateng and Aquilani out, I don't see us beating Napoli tomorrow. Udinese will be tough too, and Juventus same.

If we somehow do win them all, then obviously it looks good. biggrin.gif
But that's very unlikely, that we win all three games.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 4 2012, 04:19 PM) *

Agreed, unfortunately. When you're chasing a team who doesn't lose and barely conceeds goals it's tough to keep up.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 4 2012, 11:11 PM) *
That's a big if.

Napoli, Udinese and Juventus, tougher than that it won't get. This are exactly the games I am worried about. Now with Boateng and Aquilani out, I don't see us beating Napoli tomorrow. Udinese will be tough too, and Juventus same.

I put Juve game aside because we play them at the end of the month (26.02), Boa and Aqui should be back by then.

We usually do well in home games against Napoli and they are not playing great at the moment. So I'm more worried about the Udinese away, it's very tough to play there.
Jack Sparrow
...and it's winter...and Ibra goes into hibernation come winter. Max boy..max boy...whatcho gonna do? Whatcho gonna do when Ibra won't score for you?
acid911
I'd be so happy if snow saves us tomorrow. happy.gif If Juve can have a match postponed, I wouldn't mind one either. If we had a shrewed coach at the top, then that'd be another thing, but Allegri hasn't done enough for me in this year-and-a-half to fill me with confidence at the start of any given match.

Every time we play, I do have a feeling at the back of my mind that anything can happen in these 90 minutes.
William405
Well,predictable matches are lame anyway!right?biggrin.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
Palermo close on €200m Arab investment
By Football Italia staff

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini has announced he is working towards Arab investment, including “€200m for players and a new stadium.”

The patron had stated he was looking into selling shares of the club to new investors in the Middle East and held a press conference today.

“Some friends have invited me to Dubai, as they are doing some business operations in our country that requires foreign capital,” explained Zamparini.

“I found people who are very similar to the Sicilians, who give more importance to heart and sentiments than anything else. I talked to them about Palermo’s football and I hope they’ll want to enter this world.”

Ama Group member Ahmub Zubeidi was also at the press conference and spoke about their plans.

“The objective is to bring business worth millions over the next five years. The second is to find investors for Palermo so within three years we can bring substantial help to win the Scudetto.

“There will be investments on Palermo worth €100m-€200m for players and a new stadium over three years.

“On March 15 we should be ready to lay out a three to five year plan so we can begin talks with potential investors.”

I hate to say this, but this would be great for Serie A's infrastructure if they get a stadium...
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 5 2012, 03:46 AM) *
Well,predictable matches are lame anyway!right?

Um, I like a little predictability in my Scudetto, thank you! innocent.gif tongue.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 5 2012, 12:53 AM) *
...and it's winter...and Ibra goes into hibernation come winter. Max boy..max boy...whatcho gonna do? Whatcho gonna do when Ibra won't score for you?

Last season when Ibra went AWOL (suspensions, not stepping up, etc.) Pato did well to save our ***. strangely, I'm glad he's not around right now.
William405
I don't think this time Ibra will go AWOL,he's in great form.
I_Rossoneri
Just to prove Lazio's win over us was a complete fluke they have gone on to lose to Genoa wink.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 4 2012, 11:21 PM) *
I hate to say this, but this would be great for Serie A's infrastructure if they get a stadium...

Hopefully it will kickstart the FIGC into upgrading stadiums or even allowing teams to build their own stadiums. BTW don't Italy want the Euro's in 2016 or 2020? Surely the stadiums will have to be upgraded for that????
Zed.D
Clubs are not allowed to build their own stadium??
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 5 2012, 09:38 AM) *
Clubs are not allowed to build their own stadium??

they are municipally owened and the teams rent them.
Zed.D
I know, they can't 'buy' the stadiums they play in, but they can build new ones, no?
Zed.D
QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 5 2012, 01:42 PM) *
I don't think this time Ibra will go AWOL,he's in great form.

I said either he gets suspensions or his form drops.

See my point now, willie? wink.gif
kurtsimonw
So Juve-Siena, Milan-Napoli. Are people saying they wouldn't have accepted the gap between us and Juve being the same come the end of the weekend?
William405
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 5 2012, 05:36 PM) *
I said either he gets suspensions or his form drops.

See my point now, willie? wink.gif

Dammit,Ibra!
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 5 2012, 04:54 PM) *
So Juve-Siena, Milan-Napoli. Are people saying they wouldn't have accepted the gap between us and Juve being the same come the end of the weekend?

Given how our match unfolded. No one is happy since Napoli were more than beatable.

That being said, before the match took place, most of us expected to lose points or manage a slim win, everyone expected Juve to win their game easily, so all in all, I think everyone has conflicting emotions over the result.

I just don't understand Ibra. He was finally getting into the game, seeing a lot more of the ball, creating chances, etc. And then he goes and does that.

Yes we were harshly punished seeing as Aronica did the exact same thing to Nocerino. But still he should be mature enough not to put himself in such ridiculous situations, if Aronica wants to hit out at one of our players, let him. In fact fall to the ground screaming or go shout your head off at the assistant ref like the Napoli players did. But do not lash out and get yourself sent off to give the opposing team a huge advantage when we were doing so great and would have probably scored had he stayed on the pitch.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2012, 02:22 PM) *
Given how our match unfolded. No one is happy since Napoli were more than beatable.

That being said, before the match took place, most of us expected to lose points or manage a slim win, everyone expected Juve to win their game easily, so all in all, I think everyone has conflicting emotions over the result.

I just don't understand Ibra. He was finally getting into the game, seeing a lot more of the ball, creating chances, etc. And then he goes and does that.

Yes we were harshly punished seeing as Aronica did the exact same thing to Nocerino. But still he should be mature enough not to put himself in such ridiculous situations, if Aronica wants to hit out at one of our players, let him. In fact fall to the ground screaming or go shout your head off at the assistant ref like the Napoli players did. But do not lash out and get yourself sent off to give the opposing team a huge advantage when we were doing so great and would have probably scored had he stayed on the pitch.

I don't know if you guys realize or not but not everyone is wired the same. Everyone first instinct is not to go down in the heat of battle and wait for the ref to step in. Now before you say I'm some how condoning violence, read what I just said again, without trying to further interpret my words for hidden meanings.

Zlatan is not one to ever dive and fake, instead his intentions are usually to get even, now while this may not always play to his advantage, it sometimes does.

He never breaks character, and this is partly why he is feared by so many of his opponents.

His slap could barely be labelled one in a 'serious fight' but despite that it surely wasn't the best decision given the likely outcome of suspension from upcoming games. However, how moments like these take place are quite understandable for me, especially for a player who is protective of his team-mates as Ibra is.
William405
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Feb 5 2012, 08:31 PM) *
I don't know if you guys realize or not but not everyone is wired the same. Everyone first instinct is not to go down in the heat of battle and wait for the ref to step in. Now before you say I'm some how condoning violence, read what I just said again, without trying to further interpret my words for hidden meanings.

Zlatan is not one to ever dive and fake, instead his intentions are usually to get even, now while this may not play to his advantage it sometimes does, as he doesn't break character at all, and this is partly why he is feared by so many of his opponents.

His slap could barely be labelled one in a 'serious fight' but despite that it probably wasn't the best decision given the likely outcome of suspension from upcoming games, but moments like these are understandable for me as to how it happened, especially for a player who is protective of his team-mates as Ibra is.

qft
han2503
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Feb 5 2012, 07:31 PM) *

Zlatan is not one to ever dive and fake, instead his intentions are usually to get even, now while this may not always play to his advantage, it sometimes does.

He never breaks character, and this is partly why he is feared by so many of his opponents.

His slap could barely be labelled one in a 'serious fight' but despite that it probably wasn't the best decision given the likely outcome of suspension from upcoming games, but moments like these are understandable for me as to how it happened, especially for a player who is protective of his team-mates as Ibra is.

I'm not talking about violence or faking here.

But come on, he's a seasoned professional! He knows what the team's current situation is, and he knew that should he be seen doing what he did he would get sent off and let everyone down. If you don't want to play act than fine don't. But don't do stupid sh!t. He wasn't even the one involved in the confrontation. It's not like Aronica was grabbing him around the neck.

We saw this attitude from Ibra last season, and during the time that the team needs him the most he tends to let everyone down. Getting suspended for 3 games during the most crucial point of our season for doing what he did is nothing but stupidity
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2012, 02:36 PM) *
I'm not talking about violence or faking here.

But come on, he's a seasoned professional! He knows what the team's current situation is, and he knew that should he be seen doing what he did he would get sent off and let everyone down. If you don't want to play act than fine don't. But don't do stupid sh!t. He wasn't even the one involved in the confrontation. It's not like Aronica was grabbing him around the neck.

We saw this attitude from Ibra last season, and during the time that the team needs him the most he tends to let everyone down. Getting suspended for 3 games during the most crucial point of our season for doing what he did is nothing but stupidity

not but not everyone is wired the same

Everyone first instinct is not to go down in the heat of battle and wait for the ref to step in.

but moments like these are understandable for me as to how it happened, especially for a player who is protective of his team-mates as Ibra is

Having responded to your points raised with those of my previous post. I am going to agree that Ibra's actions surely were not worth it.
han2503
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Feb 5 2012, 07:41 PM) *
not but not everyone is wired the same

Everyone first instinct is not to go down in the heat of battle and wait for the ref to step in.

but moments like these are understandable for me as to how it happened, especially for a player who is protective of his team-mates as Ibra is

Having responded to your points raised with those of my previous post. I am going to agree that Ibra's actions surely were not worth it.

That does not mean that he should not use his brain and think about his actions for one second before he acts

The problem is, I don't really see it as an in the heat of the moment situation. It wasn't a charged up confrontation in which Ibra was the center figure. Surely, such an action could have been avoided on Ibra's part

I understand protecting your team mates, but don't let the entire team and all the fans down at the same time

I get that, I know you're trying to defend Ibra's reaction more than his actions, but still I feel really let down by Ibra today. Robinho, I expect him to mess up, but not this from Ibra
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.