Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ibrahimović
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
acid911
Yeah, a bit of a silly and over-the-top article. unsure.gif Then again Pato is still young, he has time on his hand until the lad is 25 for us to be able to judge where he stands. Ibra on the other hand should really step up in the knockout matches. If he can't score, then at least play a bit behind than usual, set other strikers up and play as an AM.

He is in and around the age of 30, the time when players start the downhill slide.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 11 2011, 04:41 PM) *
I suppose Ronaldo was ajust someone that held teams back too?

Apologies for the double post, ladies and gentlemen, but this I had to ask. biggrin.gif Which Ronaldo? The original or the Portuguese remake. The genuine article was just a bit unlucky when it came to the CL. He never had much of a chance at inter, when he transferred to Madrid, they had won a couple a few years back, then onto Milan and he was not part of the squad that won in 2007.

Though he did try as hard as anyone, being the champion he is. devil.gif I have never forgotten this night:

Ronaldo : Manchester vs. Real Madrid 23.04.2003 (Hattrick) 4:3
kurtsimonw
The original I was talking about. Teams have played for won it when he wasn't there, but couldn't do it with him. It doesn't make him bad or a choker though, just like it doesn't with Zlatan.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 11 2011, 05:46 PM) *
The original I was talking about. Teams have played for won it when he wasn't there, but couldn't do it with him. It doesn't make him bad or a choker though, just like it doesn't with Zlatan.

True. smile.gif I think to get a better picture we may just have to compare both player's stats. Ibra is at 23 or 24 games with just 3 goals in the knockout ties, two of them with Barca against Arsenal last season. Though then again he missed some very close chances with inter against United a couple of years back.

It is not totally about not winning the darn thing, but the goal scored ratio for an out and out striker is a decent enough indication. It does not tell the whole story though, and while I am of the view that he can't pull it off in the matches that count, it would be stupid to blame it all on Ibra when his team falters. wink.gif Choke he does, but then again, by the same token the whole team chokes, not just the Swede. It's a bit worrisome, to say the least, if not totally outrageous!
drucurl
the article is unnecessarily harsh and wildly unscientific. However the observation is correct. Champions league winning teams SELL iBra. How much this has to do with his presence or departure is debatable but I personally don't think of him as a "genuine" Milan player. There is a type of player that screams at you for every small mistake you make but is does equal amounts of $h!t for free. Seriously it's only a matter of time before more of our squad tire of his antics.
Zed.D
DP!
dst
A giant against the midgets, a midget against the giants... and Tottenham.
drucurl
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 11 2011, 10:41 AM) *
DP!
blink.gif dirty boy mad.gif

laugh.gif
Suhail 3
zlatan is the best player in the world wink.gif
KillerMax
Hitler was the nicest person ever.
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Mar 12 2011, 12:05 AM) *

blink.gif
Fillipo Simone
What?
Brian Birkin
I appreciate the goals he scored for us, but statistics say one thing: Zlatan does not cut it in CL. When the bites start coming in the finals, he does not score often. I have read more and more people saying this lately. Sure, I do not appreciate that kick he did on Strasser. But also on the pitch, if you want to win CL you must provide it yourself. Inzaghi did grande things in 2003, Ricky destroyed all opposition in 2007.
Fillipo Simone
Well, it's mentally, but also, remember he played couple of years with Inter - and that made his stats worse then they should look.
Brian Birkin
I agree it can be mentality thing, but also some players do not cut it in big matches. Zlatan was also like this in Dannare Juve.
X-Offender
Dannare Juve? huh.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Mar 12 2011, 02:35 AM) *

blink.gif
What?

tongue.gif
KillerMax
Looks like that one went over everyone's head...

Anyways, personally, it's frustrating watching a player look so miserable and unhappy on the pitch... I like to see a player enjoy his football. Even Gattuso enjoys his football in his own way.
William405
He'll rest for about a month.Let's if he'll give his best after all that rest.Although,I think he was really good against Bari(except the red card),but whatever to each his own.
Zed.D
3 match ban that sees him miss 3 (or 2, given that we win our appeal) of our most difficult and important games. rolleyes.gif way to send all the good work you did down the toilet. stupid ****.
drucurl
I'm confused about how people are so shocked and outraged over iBra's behaviour....Have you not been watching his videos?? He's ALWAYS been a nasty bad tempered dirty player. He's ALWAYS choked in the big games. He's always been SLOW and an impediment to a flowing attack.

He's a talented and supremely skilled player no doubt. But the honeymoon is over and his true (inter) colours will always win out over any positive influence Milan has had on him.
X-Offender
He's also someone who's won 7 national titles in a row (Netherlands, Italy, Spain). I think that's more important than how nasty his attitude is. wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
Hitler also gained in a few years more territory then any German, British, French or Spanish leader in the past century on European soil.

Sure, that's way far from Ibra. The point is: yes, he's an arrogant ***** and yes he brings titles. So let him win us something and as soon as we see a possible replacement, grab him. Because his mentality is contageous.
Ry4n
It's like watching the pantomime with Ibra and he's the person you hiss and whistle at when he comes on stage

Ibra trying to start on Milan players...

Nesta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yhqIWEmYT8...feature=related

Van Bommel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvjmg-j-Hk4...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnqJPt4Fgio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L0UaWnNUms...feature=related
Brian Birkin
But in Dannare Juve he lost the titles.
d'Arc.LP
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Kick His Own Teammate Christian Wilhelmsson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5QAoVS7y8k
X-Offender
That was a good kick. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
What the hell was Wilhelmsson thinking? huh.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 27 2011, 08:24 PM) *
What the hell was Wilhelmsson thinking? huh.gif

Poke the bear... no, don't... ouch... poker the bear back... wait... don't poke the bear... ...too hard
X-Offender
It seems like they were just messing around though.
Zed.D
Messing around, yes. but I bet that the guy didn't expect to be kicked like that. he barely touched Ibra before and after it! oh well, we already know that Zlatan is a ****.
Locke Lamora
Come on people, you really think that kick hurt?
Rossoneri7
Such a classy player
Fillipo Simone
Business as usual.
TriniKing_CE
CIRCUS ZLATAN - Tv3 Sweden

Zlatan up close and personal PART 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUhBwOrHKVI

Zlatan up close and personal PART 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMP6qTs1fT0

Zlatan up close and personal PART 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1PZ3ODTO98

Zlatan up close and personal PART 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wETsyLJedg

Zlatan up close and personal PART 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMm8Bb_4A40

In my opinion this is a really good look into Zlatan's day to day routine, showing a bit more of his personal life than we are usually exposed to seeing, and despite it being quite an old clip from his inter days, it's still a good look. wink.gif

I may be a bit biased though given that I am a Zlatan fan! tongue.gif
drucurl
After yesterday’s performance I’m more confident of Milan playing without iBra. Don’t get me wrong I’m grateful for his goals and contribution. His talent set extends beyond all of our other strikers except Pato and even though Pato can do what he does he can’t do it nearly as well yet.

That said, what we need more than anything is better attacking and central midfield quality and a left back. I’d gladly sacrifice iBra for say a Contreao or a Ganso/Lamela and take back our boy Borriello. Sure Borri is no superstar but he’s a homegrown talent who is younger and more importantly links up well with Pato who is actually still improving himself. In the place of one great individual performer the entire team will be upgraded which is think is trading up overall.

It’s no secret that Pato plays better without iBra….Even the commentators on ESPN were talking about it yesterday. Add this to the fact that iBra isn’t getting any younger, has massive wages, the whole Raiola circus, his undying yearning to be reunited with Pique’ and his overall lack of pace and his tactical inflexibility….his loss wouldn’t be the end of the world as long as we have a replacement who isn’t FAR behind him in terms of ability. Of course there is the issue of Pato’s injury prone nature and Robinho’s lack of efficiency in front of goal that would hurt us much more in the wake of iBra’s departure. Not only this but we haven’t have such a talented and CONSISTENT striker since $heva and the impact of Zlatan is to restore our general consistency in the league that we only had while $heva was here.
Milan Are Brilliant
Yeah I saw that kick. I don't know if anyone can confirm but apparently Zlatan and Wilhelmsson are pretty good mates so they were probably just messing around.
X-Offender
QUOTE (drucurl @ Apr 3 2011, 01:38 PM) *
After yesterday’s performance I’m more confident of Milan playing without iBra. Don’t get me wrong I’m grateful for his goals and contribution. His talent set extends beyond all of our other strikers except Pato and even though Pato can do what he does he can’t do it nearly as well yet.

That said, what we need more than anything is better attacking and central midfield quality and a left back. I’d gladly sacrifice iBra for say a Contreao or a Ganso/Lamela and take back our boy Borriello. Sure Borri is no superstar but he’s a homegrown talent who is younger and more importantly links up well with Pato who is actually still improving himself. In the place of one great individual performer the entire team will be upgraded which is think is trading up overall.

It’s no secret that Pato plays better without iBra….Even the commentators on ESPN were talking about it yesterday. Add this to the fact that iBra isn’t getting any younger, has massive wages, the whole Raiola circus, his undying yearning to be reunited with Pique’ and his overall lack of pace and his tactical inflexibility….his loss wouldn’t be the end of the world as long as we have a replacement who isn’t FAR behind him in terms of ability. Of course there is the issue of Pato’s injury prone nature and Robinho’s lack of efficiency in front of goal that would hurt us much more in the wake of iBra’s departure. Not only this but we haven’t have such a talented and CONSISTENT striker since $heva and the impact of Zlatan is to restore our general consistency in the league that we only had while $heva was here.

I don't even need to read that. It's probably just drucurl preaching his Ibra hatred all over again.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2011, 02:43 AM) *
I don't even need to read that. It's probably just drucurl preaching his Ibra hatred all over again.

Why comment a post you don't bother reading? blink.gif
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 3 2011, 09:43 PM) *

Actually I think that might be the most cool headed post Dru has ever made about ibra.
drucurl
iBra needs to go back to Bartha and "prove" how much better he is than Messi. He has "proven" everything I always knew about him here already. Funny how our n00b excuse for a coach punished Ronaldinho to the full extent for showing up to training not 100% but this guy's stupidity gives him a 5-game ban (2+3 for two red) that he so craves and gets away scott free dry.gif . Also Milan's disciplinary record is swirling deeper and deeper in the toilet due to Il Cammello
KillerMax
QUOTE (drucurl @ Apr 10 2011, 11:29 PM) *
iBra needs to go back to Bartha and "prove" how much better he is than Messi. He has "proven" everything I always knew about him here already. Funny how our n00b excuse for a coach punished Ronaldinho to the full extent for showing up to training not 100% but this guy's stupidity gives him a 5-game ban (2+3 for two red) that he so craves and gets away scott free dry.gif . Also Milan's disciplinary record is swirling deeper and deeper in the toilet due to Il Cammello

I think everyone knows here where I stand with the whole Ibra issue, but he has been an immense force for us in the first half of this season. His match wining goals led to players believing in the Scudetto after many stale years in the championship. What did Ronaldinho ever do for us? Show up 5 to 10 minutes here and there with some flare and magic, give a couple nice and positive interviews here and there? Then what? Nah. Not comparable.
arivanjj
so there hasnt been a decision so far on how many game hes banned for?
acid911
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 11 2011, 05:48 PM) *
so there hasnt been a decision so far on how many game hes banned for?

Three. wink.gif Most probably they will reduce it to two again if we appeal. Still this is not good, getting a red is bad enough anytime through the year, and that too for someone part of the attack, and our friend Ibrahimović has got what 2 of them? Maybe even more due to yellow accumulation, but like I said, bad job all round.

Silva and Nesta are undoubtedly the me of the season. cool.gif Even as defender they are cool as ice-cold sushi!
drucurl
this excuse for a player/person needs to return to his TRUE home. The red stripes never fooled me. Return the ladri/ printer/
bartha SCUM back to its original habitat cool.gif

Fillipo Simone
What does Bartha mena to you?

I had some during my stay at Paris in an Indian restaurant, and it was excellent, but I guess you don't refer to food?
Fillipo Simone
Anyway, Pippo will be back sooner then this guy will start playing.
Rossoneri7
Thank you for the goals .. You were a crucial player for our Scudetto run, which by the way is still ongoing .. You cant keep your mouth shut if a gun was stairing you in the face! You represent Milan when you are on the pitch, I dont care whether you were swearing at the linesman or mumbling to yourself, if you cant score go back and defend, win back balls, do something useful !

I believe IF we win this Scudetto you are certainly one of the reasons behind it .. Yet the inconsistency, the attitude, the arrogance .. All of which does not match Milan's style. I'd rather we save the 20M we saved up for you, add on that and go for Ronaldo. At least he knows what to freaken do in a Champions League play-off.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 11 2011, 06:55 PM) *
Anyway, Pippo will be back sooner then this guy will start playing.

When devil.gif

William405
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 11 2011, 08:01 PM) *
Thank you for the goals .. You were a crucial player for our Scudetto run, which by the way is still ongoing .. You cant keep your mouth shut if a gun was stairing you in the face! You represent Milan when you are on the pitch, I dont care whether you were swearing at the linesman or mumbling to yourself, if you cant score go back and defend, win back balls, do something useful !

I believe IF we win this Scudetto you are certainly one of the reasons behind it .. Yet the inconsistency, the attitude, the arrogance .. All of which does not match Milan's style. I'd rather we save the 20M we saved up for you, add on that and go for Ronaldo. At least he knows what to freaken do in a Champions League play-off.

When devil.gif

I prefer Ibra's attitude over Ronaldo x1000.

I think overall you're being too harsh on him,the first yellow in the match,he barely touched the player if I recall correctly.And,the red,well no one knows what happens so let's not speculate.

He's arrogant,and he has every reason to be.Of course,he can be a modest,down to earth dude but he isn't.Not all people are like that,so why not?

For his performance,he's been great for us,but he's been overworked by Allegri who refused to keep him on the bench at certain situations.So,those static performances by him are due to his tiredness,and he can't be blamed much really.Also,yesterday I thought he was great with Pato,but his finishing was lacking,any other day,he'd have scored a hatrick maybe.

Though,his discipline is an issue that can be debated over.He'll have to control himself more to stop getting those cards.Though,the only real bad offense he has ever done is that punch...yeah that was bad,and some other stuff xP
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 11 2011, 06:01 PM) *
When devil.gif

2 weeks my friend devilsmiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.