Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [CL] Champions League 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 6 2009, 12:27 PM) *
Win the Champions League? Win League titles in 3 different countries?

Obviosuly, what Jack meant was what has Mou done at Inter that Mancini hadn't (done at Inter).
Bluesummers
well lets see, he gave inter an italian player they can finally have pride in (santon).

Inter was a team that went from dependent only on Ibra's performance to being an actual team and dominating all sectors of the field.

Inter have never looked this strong in the last 10 years and they are solid in all aspects of their game.

Its mourinho, he is a phenomenon and Mancini isn't.
Tennie
Er. Have you actually seen Santon play recently? His form hasn't been that great.

And the cugini did win against Dynamo Kiev, yes, but they'd gone a year in the CL without a win before that - hardly dominant.

As for Serie A, yeah. They're clearly on top there but I suspect it's a little more fragile than you may believe. If Sneijder (who I think is the real reason they're doing well) is out for long, or Milito (who is injury prone) is when Eto'o goes to the African Cup of Nations, we may see something a little less dominant.
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Nov 6 2009, 04:57 PM) *
well lets see, he gave inter an italian player they can finally have pride in (santon).

Inter was a team that went from dependent only on Ibra's performance to being an actual team and dominating all sectors of the field.

Inter have never looked this strong in the last 10 years and they are solid in all aspects of their game.

Its mourinho, he is a phenomenon and Mancini isn't.

This is so disgustingly biased it's not worth more words than these few.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 6 2009, 09:11 AM) *
Er. Have you actually seen Santon play recently? His form hasn't been that great.

And the cugini did win against Dynamo Kiev, yes, but they'd gone a year in the CL without a win before that - hardly dominant.

As for Serie A, yeah. They're clearly on top there but I suspect it's a little more fragile than you may believe. If Sneijder (who I think is the real reason they're doing well) is out for long, or Milito (who is injury prone) is when Eto'o goes to the African Cup of Nations, we may see something a little less dominant.

thats the same thing if pato or ronaldinho or pirlo is out of our team or diego/amauri or one of their other stars. Any team is weaker if they lose out on their best players, that is a given.

Besides Santon who does inter have that they can have pride in? Toldo? Balotelli? We all know the inter supporters love santon the most and besides hes also what 19? He needs time, the kid will be world class.

Also its easy to point out their mistakes in the champions league but lets not forget with the great carlo where we were last year.

The man deserves a little respect, he's by far the best manager in Serie A and his stats have shown it.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 6 2009, 03:18 PM) *
This is so disgustingly biased it's not worth more words than these few.

Oh come on, they've only dropped 5 points so far and have a 7 point lead after only 11 games! Many of you said Inter relied on Ibra, now Ibra isn't there and they're still winning, now what's the excuse?
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Nov 6 2009, 04:13 AM) *
Finally someone gives mou the credit he deserves. Hes done a wonderful job at inter so far.

What Jack said.

dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 6 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Oh come on, they've only dropped 5 points so far and have a 7 point lead after only 11 games! Many of you said Inter relied on Ibra, now Ibra isn't there and they're still winning, now what's the excuse?

The excuse for what?

Anyway this is ridiculous... you guys would love to suck his **** and whoever's not willing to do the same is "not giving him enough credit"...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 6 2009, 04:47 PM) *
The excuse for what?

Inter doing well. For the past few years it's been "Inter would be nowhere without Ibra, they rely on him so much". Well, now he's gone, does it seem to have halted Jose's team at all? Doesn't look it to me.
Tennie
Haven't done all that well in Europe though, Kurt. Yes, they're currently in first in their group but don't forget that going into the match day they were last and that this matchday's win was their first in over a year. Mancini's squad had a better European record.
kurtsimonw
Well it's a difference of opinion then. I don't really care much for European competition the way it is, so I couldn't care less how he's doing in Europe right. All this seeding nonesense is pathetic.
Protagonist
I wonder, how many people here if they saw Mourinho face to face, how many of you would drop down and kiss his feet?

All Sacchi was saying was that Mourinho had the guts to play with 1 cb in the last 10 minutes of the game. Had Kiev held on till the final whistle, he wouldn't have gotten a comment from Sacchi.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 6 2009, 06:51 PM) *
Inter doing well. For the past few years it's been "Inter would be nowhere without Ibra, they rely on him so much". Well, now he's gone, does it seem to have halted Jose's team at all? Doesn't look it to me.

Your point is? We all see this and we all agree on it, I did not call Blues' post biased because I think this is untrue. I called it biased because he said that Mou "gave" Inter a player they can "have pride in". How exactly did Mou gave Inter Santon? He scouted him and bought him? He trained and raised him through the youth teams? And what pride are we talking about? The kid is only potentially a player good enough for the senior NT and he has not even played for it yet! That's something to be proud of? This is biased. As is saying Inter are only now "an actual team" and can only now "dominate all sectors of the field"! If there's been one "actual team" in Italy these past few yearS and one that can "dominate all sectors of the field" that's Inter. They're not more "solid in all aspects of their game either", they just have more options.

I'm not saying Mou has not done anything, this certainly is not the same Inter he found when he got here but it's none of the above in my view, what it is, is more complete, a team with more options. In terms of results though, Mou has achieved nothing more there than Mancini! Stop blaming others for giving him too little credit, if that's what we do then what you guys do is giving him too much credit! We're both being partial here.

PS Please excuse my rant!
kurtsimonw
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 6 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Your point is? We all see this and we all agree on it, I did not call Blues' post biased because I think this is untrue. I called it biased because he said that Mou "gave" Inter a player they can "have pride in". How exactly did Mou gave Inter Santon? He scouted him and bought him? He trained and raised him through the youth teams? And what pride are we talking about? The kid is only potentially a player good enough for the senior NT and he has not even played for it yet! That's something to be proud of? This is biased. As is saying Inter are only now "an actual team" and can only now "dominate all sectors of the field"! If there's been one "actual team" in Italy these past few yearS and one that can "dominate all sectors of the field" that's Inter. They're not more "solid in all aspects of their game either", they just have more options.

I'm not saying Mou has not done anything, this certainly is not the same Inter he found when he got here but it's none of the above in my view, what it is, is more complete, a team with more options. In terms of results though, Mou has achieved nothing more there than Mancini! Stop blaming others for giving him too little credit, if that's what we do then what you guys do is giving him too much credit! We're both being partial here.

PS Please excuse my rant!

LOL yet when carlo won the champions league with his horrendous record in the league, people were kissing his @ss.

Thats the one thing I love about mourinho, hes top of Serie A, top of his Champions league group and in the Copa. HE FIGHTS FOR ALL TROPHIES!

Unlike us; we ignore the league and the copa and only fight for the trophy where our chances of winning are less than 10%.
Jack Sparrow
Considering the squad we've had since 2006,that's not a fair assessment. Esp. considering the squad names. Since Porto (and even that is stretching it), not once has Mourinho had to deal with a weakened team. And I will say it, at the first signs of trouble in Chelsea he quit. I'd be very curious to see how things would have panned out if he'd stayed that season, but he didn't. Instead he left when the team was in a mess, and still couldn't stop taking potshots at Avram Grant, when the man actually righted the ship.

As for Carlo...

What's Carlo doing right now with Chelsea? He's kicking @$$ and taking names. Though now that I've said it, he's probably gonna f@ck up against Man United and lose.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 7 2009, 08:21 AM) *
Since Porto (and even that is stretching it), not once has Mourinho had to deal with a weakened team.

You could say that about most managers. Carlo since Parma, SAF since Aberdeen, etc. Managers earn their place at top team by being sucessful elsewhere, then being successful at a top team earns them the right to stay. Jose has done nothing to deserve losig his place amongst the best coaches in the World. Isn't it something stupid like 6 years unbeaten at home and 4 league titles in the pasy 5 years or something now? blink.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 7 2009, 01:57 PM) *
You could say that about most managers. Carlo since Parma, SAF since Aberdeen, etc. Managers earn their place at top team by being sucessful elsewhere, then being successful at a top team earns them the right to stay. Jose has done nothing to deserve losig his place amongst the best coaches in the World. Isn't it something stupid like 6 years unbeaten at home and 4 league titles in the pasy 5 years or something now? blink.gif

SAF since Aberdeen had a beast of a time at Man U for close to 3 years.

Jose has done nothing to deserve losing his place among the best coaches in the World? I agree. But I also think he's played it really well, he quit Chelsea just when things were getting hot under the collar. And I'm absolutely sure he will do the same in Inter as well.

And like you say in your argument, I think any of the top managers in the world- Capello ,Carlo, Hiddink, can do what Jose has done, provided the same money.

Sacchi and Capello have already proved it with Milan. Vicente Del Bosque has done it with Madrid. The point is none of these coaches were constantly given the same amount of resources that Jose has been.

The first sign that Jose wouldn't get 50 million every transfer season at Chelsea, what we got was a tirade about bad eggs and then he left.

I'll forgive him for everything, but that kinda pissed me off completely. A group of players who's given him everything and he went out in public and said they weren't good enough. What was he lacking? One RB. Pfft....

Abramovich probably told him either you go or I'll fire you, and he took the graceful exit option.
kurtsimonw
EDIT: Moved to General Football. Was going OT.
Jack Sparrow
We have overtime for forum discussions? huh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 7 2009, 09:32 AM) *
We have overtime for forum discussions? huh.gif

Off Topic, sucka.
amancik
lol over time...
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 7 2009, 03:21 PM) *
Off Topic, sucka.

dry.gif You don't say?!
Maestro10
Ibracadabra said that Barcelona is a much better team than Inter, because they have such depth that in case of injuries to key players the team could still compete. Let us see how he gags on this one, I hope Inter pound them!
han2503
This is probably the first season that I've cheered for Inter in any competition. We really need the Italian teams to all make it through, and if that means keeping a team from the other big 3 leagues out of the last 16, then even better. Liverpool and Bayern looking more and more likely to be left behind at this point but maybe Inter can pull a shock result off Barca...
MizNelson
QUOTE (Maestro10 @ Nov 22 2009, 10:35 AM) *
Ibracadabra said that Barcelona is a much better team than Inter, because they have such depth that in case of injuries to key players the team could still compete.

Nice. Inter would've had more depth if Ibra didn't make it a habit of choking in crunch time.
Zed.D
So... if Fiorentina beat Lyon at Franchi tonight, Liverpool are out of the competition. same if both Fiorentina and Liverpool draw their games. but it's an unlikely scenario.

I sincerely hope Fiorentina don't leave it all to the Anfield showdown and at least get a draw tonight so they can go through with another draw at Anfield. otherwise we all know what could happen...

GIVE YOUR EVERYTHING TONIGHT, VIOLA!
AND GOOD LUCK!
kurtsimonw
Good luck Fiorentina, most of England will be cheering you on.
dst
'fool are going to go through... cause they're just that ****ing annoying! dry.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 24 2009, 05:35 PM) *
Good luck Fiorentina, most of England will be cheering you on.

Really? biggrin.gif
CrazyMilanFan
i think if kazan win adn inter win then barca will be out as well
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 24 2009, 05:02 PM) *
Really? biggrin.gif

I would have thought so. Besides their owns fans and the media, I don't think anyone wants them through.
Habitant
come on violAAA!!!!!
dst
10 minutes gone at Barcelona, Inter are embarrassingly bad and already one goal down.

25 minutes gone, Inter are still ridiculously bad and now two goals down... They do nothing, they can't keep the ball, they can't go forward... I don't think they've even been at Barcelona's last third yet.

They've now woken up!

In their woken up period Inter won a corner!!! WOW!!

2-0 HT. Pathetic display...
Patinho
at least the viola are winnning
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2009, 07:57 PM) *
10 minutes gone at Barcelona, Inter are embarrassingly bad and already one goal down.

25 minutes gone, Inter are still ridiculously bad and now two goals down... They do nothing, they can't keep the ball, they can't go forward... I don't think they've even been at Barcelona's last third yet.

They've now woken up!

In their woken up period Inter won a corner!!! WOW!!

2-0 HT. Pathetic display...

Merda really are an embarrassment to calcio. One has to question why they can't replicate their league form in Europe? Different referees maybe... wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 24 2009, 10:46 PM) *
Merda really are an embarrassment to calcio. One has to question why they can't replicate their league form in Europe? Different referees maybe... wink.gif

Different mentality of their opponents in my view. In Italy teams fear them... in Europe they look at them straight.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2009, 08:50 PM) *
Different mentality of their opponents in my view. In Italy teams fear them... in Europe they look at them straight.

Ironically merda remind me of what Juve were like in Europe when they dominated the serie A...

I watched a bit of tonights game and it was cringeworthy, I think Fiorentina would have played better.
dst
Juve though never dominated their games, surely not in Europe but not in Italy either.
ganney
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2009, 09:50 PM) *

EXACTLY! i'm always very angry when i see the way serie-a teams play against inter, its about time serie-a teams step up their game, 7pts clear at the top after 13games is simply ridiculous. i hope inter crash outta d ecl though
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (ganney @ Nov 24 2009, 09:14 PM) *
i hope inter crash outta d ecl though

This would be ba for both Milan and Italian football, in my opinion. Italian sides doing poorly in Europe will lose them their 4th CL place meaning only the top 3 qualify for the CL every year, which doesn't benefit Milan. It will also mean, if Inter went out, they'd only have the league to concentrate on.
kurtsimonw
Debrecen with a terrible miss in the 91st minute, should have been 1-1!
CrazyMilanFan
Lp out voila in next round good news
kurtsimonw
YES!

Skint. 7th. Out of the Champions League.

laugh.gif @ Carragher. Unlucky Gerrard, you deserve better than this club.
dst
He deserves them that douche... dry.gif a captain does not threaten to leave his team for money.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2009, 09:13 PM) *
Juve though never dominated their games, surely not in Europe but not in Italy either.

I didn't explain myself properly, when I meant dominating the Serie A I meant pre calciopoli with 23 league titles, but only 2 European cups tongue.gif .
Zed.D
Inter=the thuggish ones
OR
Inter=European failure

I can't decide which one would be more appropriate! they were endlessly pathetic. they've just found the formula of beating Serie A sides. they won't do **** in Europe.

Forza la Viola king.gif

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 25 2009, 12:40 AM) *
Ironically merda remind me of what Juve were like in Europe when they dominated the serie A...

What? Juve were MUCH better than this pathetic Inter side. they even made it to the CL final for crying out loud!
Protagonist
Mourinho won the Champions League with Porto. Those who would like to debate whether that was a stroke of luck or his pure genius need to consider the following; he coached a super team in Chelsea for several seasons and didn't win, he now coaches a super team in Inter and can't seem to see his way through. I mean it boggles my mind really how such a world class coach, on the helm of one of the most properly equipped squads in world football gets outplayed by a below par Barcalona and to top it off he almost lost to Kiev. His last chance is against Rubin @ San Siro. I doubt his team will progress, probably draw that one.

This was Barca, bar Zlatan and Messi. Imagine what it would have been like with them biggrin.gif

As for the debate on Italian seeding in Europe, I think Italy will keep its place considering Milan, Juventus and Fiorentina all go through. And out of which at least one or two will progress the quarterfinals.
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 24 2009, 11:49 PM) *
I didn't explain myself properly, when I meant dominating the Serie A I meant pre calciopoli with 23 league titles, but only 2 European cups tongue.gif .

Their records in victories is equal but Juve were much more respected than these guys are.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 24 2009, 11:53 PM) *
they won't do **** in Europe.

They probably won't but I'm going to wait to see it. I always fear for the worst.

QUOTE (Protagonist @ Nov 24 2009, 11:55 PM) *
This was Barca, bar Zlatan and Messi. Imagine what it would have been like with them biggrin.gif

Well Zlatan's not exactly the player you're going to put your hopes on on a European night.
Habitant
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Their records in victories is equal but Juve were much more respected than these guys are.

They probably won't but I'm going to wait to see it. I always fear for the worst.

Well Zlatan's not exactly the player you're going to put your hopes on on a European night.

and they did lose 3 finals in the past 15 years
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.