Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dida
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
samira
btw Congrats to Dida! And I want to see Dida stay and I agree with Han, yes he would take the offer cause it's his last few years. I think even if he goes to Liverpool he will probably be second goaly there to
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Apr 5 2010, 07:21 PM) *
What is Liverpool going to do with Reina then? What makes you think he will be first goalkeeper over Reina?

But I want him to stay. Because, ironicly enough, I think we cannot get a more reliable backup than him for next season.

So therefore, I hope he doesn't feel the need to be first goalkeeper elsewhere. But, wether he retires, stays as cheap backup, or leaves to play first team = ALL is okay with me. smile.gif

I didn't say that he'd be first choice at Liverpool, I said that if they were to offer him a better deal for being 2nd choice he'll jump at the chance since these are his last few years

he'd rather be 2nd fiddle some where else where they'll be willing to pay him a decent ammount.

Milan would only be willing to keep him on if he agrees to a very small ammount especially compared to his current deal. Dida knows he won't be first choice unless it's with a mid tables team, so he'll take what best deal he can to be a cover keeper, so if Liverpool come calling for him top be Reina's back up, he'll undoubtedly jump at it without any hesitation
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 5 2010, 08:46 PM) *
I didn't say that he'd be first choice at Liverpool, I said that if they were to offer him a better deal for being 2nd choice he'll jump at the chance since these are his last few years

I should have read your post better. sad.gif Silly me.

I'm not so sure if he would jump at it. I don't know how important that money to him is. Don't know...
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Apr 5 2010, 10:03 PM) *
I should have read your post better. sad.gif Silly me.

I'm not so sure if he would jump at it. I don't know how important that money to him is. Don't know...

At this point in his carreer I think it would be the most important. I don't see him staying with us out of loyality for a small ammount when another top club wants him and are willing to pay him better.
samira
He will probably start now but until he mess it up again then the story will replay it self but isnt he going to stay one year?
MizNelson
This week marks FIVE years already since the flare incident. Happy, er...anniversary.

Time flies, eh?
whoarethepatriots
I have no problem with Dida staying, as long as its not an excuse for the management to avoid buying a top goalkeeper, and as long as he takes a significant pay cut

I still think that the flare hitting Dida was the beginning of the end for him. He was among the top five keepers in the world at that moment, but after getting hit, he never was the same. Its interesting to see if Cech manages to regain his spot among the elite, because he has never been the same after his head injury, and even J.Cesar has been dropping some absolute clangers since his car accident

Coincidence?
Linkman
Goalkeeping is a position that not only requires skill, but utmost confidence: after all, if you slip up, your team loses.

That's why the whole flare thing was so important, after all having people all over the world call you a cheater can't be good for your confidence.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Linkman @ Apr 17 2010, 03:41 PM) *
That's why the whole flare thing was so important, after all having people all over the world call you a cheater can't be good for your confidence.

Huh?
Dracoris
QUOTE (Linkman @ Apr 17 2010, 06:41 PM) *
Goalkeeping is a position that not only requires skill, but utmost confidence: after all, if you slip up, your team loses.

+1

I've played keeper my entire life and its true, confidence is huge. Truly, its a big deal for every position on the field, but I think keepers specialize in needing it.
Linkman
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 17 2010, 08:36 PM) *
Huh?

I'm sorry, I confused the flare incident with the fan incident at Celtic Park tongue.gif.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Linkman @ Apr 18 2010, 07:19 AM) *
I'm sorry, I confused the flare incident with the fan incident at Celtic Park tongue.gif.

Oh, OK. They were 2 1/2 years apart.

I wonder if Milan ever plans on acknowledging his 200-game mark? They did just that on acmilan.com for Abi a couple weeks ago. Or am I the only loser on the planet who was aware of it?
MizNelson
At the risk of repeating myself since I'm pretty much the only one who posts in here, there also was zero mention of his 300-game milestone anywhere on acmilan.com save for a quick blurb in the Italian-language news section. Come on, Milan! mad.gif
Bluesummers
Milan has become sad...first maldini now this sigh....
MizNelson
About a month earlier, Ambro and Abi reached similar marks and both were duly acknowledged on the site. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but they could then also afford to give the devil his due as well.
kurtsimonw
It's because acmilan.com are racists.

(joke)
X-Offender
According to latest reports, Dida is very close to signing with Liverpool.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?acti...idnotizia=24252
Jack Sparrow
*facepalm* cry.gif He's a fallen hero, but he's still our fallen hero dammit!! Not to them! F@CK!!!
MizNelson
Pfft. dry.gif As much as I love Dida, I'd be very disappointed if he signed with those pinheads.
Fishdoll
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 5 2010, 04:06 PM) *
At the risk of repeating myself since I'm pretty much the only one who posts in here, there also was zero mention of his 300-game milestone anywhere on acmilan.com save for a quick blurb in the Italian-language news section. Come on, Milan! mad.gif

They did it today, Miz.

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=121822
drucurl
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 5 2010, 04:06 PM) *
his 300-game milestone mad.gif

second sexiest thing ever cool.gif
sorry but you're still #1
ForzaMaldini
Youtube

Grazie é Ciao Nelson!

Stayed a bit too long in my opinion; damaged his career a bit. But i never questioned his reflection, wich is unbelievable.
X-Offender
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ May 29 2010, 09:02 PM) *
Youtube

Grazie é Ciao Nelson!

Stayed a bit too long in my opinion; damaged his career a bit. But i never questioned his reflection, wich is inbelievable.

When it comes to reflection, Dida is by far one of the best goalies in the world. When it comes to the rest though, he's just embarrassing. Way too inconsistent for a goalie. Just thinking of some of his howlers over the years makes me shudder.
ForzaMaldini
Indeed. Always kept my breath when he came of his line @ a corner.

What I like about Dida is, when he makes a super-save, he just stands up with an arrogant face. Like he does that all the time thumbup.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ May 29 2010, 03:19 PM) *
What I like about Dida is, when he makes a super-save, he just stands up with an arrogant face. Like he does that all the time thumbup.gif

Heh. Not so much arrogant as that he chooses not to get excited following a great play. The 2003 CL final is perfect proof of this; watch him in contrast to Buffon flipping out following his PK saves.
X-Offender
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 30 2010, 05:43 AM) *
Heh. Not so much arrogant as that he chooses not to get excited following a great play. The 2003 CL final is perfect proof of this; watch him in contrast to Buffon flipping out following his PK saves.

Yep. And fate always rewards the less-boasting one. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
You could also argue he's passionless.
X-Offender
Well, we could say the same thing for Pirlo then. biggrin.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2010, 07:45 PM) *
You could also argue he's passionless.

I wouldn't exactly call someone who busted his butt in training and fought back three times in the past two seasons to get his #1 spot back passionless. His on-pitch personality is (was) his trademark and especially worked like a charm in psyching out opposing PK takers.
Protagonist
And I thought Maldini and Kaka leaving was bad enough, now our prime goalkeeper in the past decade is also leaving, this really drives shivers down my spine. Not sure how our team will look next season, given that Ronaldinho is not 100% certain to stay, as well as Nesta's fitness being a matter for concern.

Allegri's appointment as coach, might not be godsend, as we all hope (or rather expect).

Club's policy today is clear, whereby we will be focusing on inbred players rather than scouting the market. Hence, probably one or two names will arrive, but I'm no longer holding my breath. And a 1st place finish next season is a very optimistic theory, yet I doubt we will finish 1st. I hope we reach Champions League qualification though.

With the above in mind, looks like it will be a long time before we celebrate a trophy, I'm thinking somewhere post four years of rebuilding. Of course, if our management decides to open the tap we will be able to compete, but that is 'if' dry.gif
MizNelson

This kid made the mistake of saying he was an Abbiati fan and was smote in the chest for his troubles. smile.gif
MizNelson
According to a brief little blurb on Milannews.it (as well as some other small-change news sites), Dida will be moving out of Italy entirely. I can't explain why, but that makes me sad.

I miss him already.
MizNelson
Ciao Dida Trionfi, papere e poche parole
Grandi parate e grandi errori: la carriera del brasiliano è sempre stata punteggiata dagli eccessiDopo 10 anni il portiere brasiliano lascia il Milan. Brocco o campione?

ANDREA SCHIANCHI Facile dire adesso: «Meno male che se n' è andato!». Facile ricordare le «didate», gli infortuni (anche i più rocamboleschi), le insicurezze. Facile, insomma, tirare un sospiro di sollievo e chiudersi felicemente la porta alle spalle, salutando Nelson Dida con un «addio» e non con un «arrivederci». Ma le dieci stagioni rossonere del brasiliano non sono mica state tutte da buttare. Il suo curriculum, alla voce «vittorie», recita: 1 scudetto, 2 Champions League, 2 Supercoppe d' Europa, 1 Supercoppa italiana, 1 Coppa Italia, 1 Fifa World Cup. Se fosse stato davvero un pippone, come oggi molti sostengono, forse non avrebbe conquistato tutti quei trofei «da titolare»: magari gli allenatori lo avrebbero tenuto in panchina, e quei successi li avrebbe collezionati «da dodicesimo». Invece no: in ognuno di quei trionfi la firma di Nelson Dida c' è. A volte è una firma grande, enorme come in occasione della Champions League 2003, quando parò i rigori agli juventini e diventò l' eroe della notte di Manchester; a volte il suo contributo non è stato altrettanto decisivo, come nella Champions 2007, ma comunque c' è stato.

Il migliore Ora che se n' è andato e che il suo contratto da 4 milioni di euro netti a stagione si è esaurito, è venuto il tempo di leggere l' avventura di Dida al Milan e di chiedersi: è stato un grande portiere che a volte è incappato in qualche giornata storta, oppure è stato un portiere mediocre che ha avuto qualche giornata felice? Optiamo per la prima soluzione: qui siamo di fronte a un campione che, dal 2002 al 2005, è stato assieme a Gianluigi Buffon il migliore al mondo. Poi ha avuto una flessione, è vero, ma la stoffa del numero uno si vedeva. Eccome. Non è un caso che Leonardo abbia puntato su di lui, appena ristabilitosi da un infortunio alla caviglia, nell' ultima stagione, lasciando in panchina Abbiati: evidentemente Leo si fidava di Nelson, sapeva che cosa poteva ancora dargli questo lungagnone di Bahia passato alla cronaca sportiva come «il portiere muto». Senza parole La storia del mutismo di Dida con i giornalisti nasce nel 2006, quando lui scopre di avere un' amante sfogliando le pagine di un importante quotidiano. Vera o falsa che fosse, la notizia gli creò molti imbarazzi in famiglia, e da quel momento dalla sua bocca non uscì nemmeno una sillaba. Le uniche concessioni vennero riservate a Milan Channel, la tv della casa. Ovvio che questo comportamento lo penalizzò: non parlare significa anche, in certe situazioni, togliersi la possibilità di spiegare, di raccontare, di dire. Dida ha accettato la sfida: «Io parlo con i fatti» ha sempre dichiarato a chi gli stava vicino. A volte, gli è andata bene. Altre, meno. Ma di lui va ammirata la coerenza: nemmeno nel momento dell' addio al Milan ha concesso una deroga, zitto era stato prima e zitto è rimasto.

L' inizio Ma Dida non è stato soltanto il portiere di Manchester e delle parole mancate. Come dimenticare l' inizio, quella notte di pioggia a Elland Road, Leeds, Inghilterra? Tiro da lontano, forte ma parabile, il pallone, sguishhh, scivola via e finisce in rete. Fu la prima «didata». Quello era il Milan targato Alberto Zaccheroni, settembre 2000, però l' episodio è rimasto appiccicato addosso al brasiliano. E quando, nell' estate del 2002, Carlo Ancelotti dovette affrontare la seconda stagione sulla panchina milanista decise che il titolare sarebbe stato Abbiati. Ma Christian s' infortunò e così Dida si ritrovò tra i pali: fece talmente bene che non ci fu verso di togliergli il posto. I consigli di Villiam Vecchi, prezioso preparatore personale, gli servirono per migliorare, per diventare più sicuro, per accrescere la propria autostima. Si diceva che Dida non avesse una buona presa sul pallone e allora Vecchi lo costrinse a duri allenamenti durante i quali, a ogni tiro, gli ripeteva: «Devi mettere le mani sul pallone come le metteresti sulle tette di una donna... Così non ti scappa nulla!».

I guai Poi, dopo la consacrazione, come spesso capita, vennero i momenti grigi. I petardi dei tifosi dell' Inter durante un derby di Champions League lo costrinsero a uscire dal campo, e si disse che quei botti lo avevano rintronato. Cattiverie o verità? Non si sa, di certo Dida faticò parecchio per rimettersi in carreggiata. Il fisico, petardi a parte, non era più quello di una volta; i dolori alla schiena diventavano sempre più fastidiosi. E, in quelle condizioni, era facile andare incontro all' errore. A Dida capitò al Celtic Park di Glasgow, autunno del 2007: un invasore di campo gli corse vicino e lo sfiorò; lui si buttò per terra come se fosse stato colpito da una granata. Brutta sceneggiata. L' Uefa lo squalificò e Dida fu costretto a scusarsi con i suoi stessi tifosi, inchinandosi davanti alla curva sud di San Siro. Perdonato, almeno fino alla «didata» successiva. Che si fece attendere soltanto un paio di mesi: tiro di Cambiasso e papera clamorosa. I tifosi dell' Inter, per tutto il secondo tempo, cantarono: «Uno di noi, Dida uno di noi!». Il peggio del peggio.

(Gazzetta.it)
Suhail 3
jeeez hes left already give us a break smile.gif abbiati time
MizNelson
Jesus Christ. Go hang out in the Abbiati thread, then, instead of making snarky comments.

In all honesty, you're starting to grate on me.
Fishdoll
(from acmilan.com's english page)

THANK YOU AND FORZA MILAN!

A goodbye done with the heart. That's what Nelson Dida offers to the all the fans and the Rossoneri environment through these words: 'We have shared everything in these years, thank you and forza Milan!'

MILAN - Nelson Dida is no longer a Milan footballer. The Brazilian goalkeeper wanted to say goodbye to everyone through the official site of the Rossoneri club with these words:

"Today is the first day I'm living as a former Rossonero after ten years. I wanted to wait for the contract's expiration to say goodbye to all the Milan fans who in these years were close to me and with whom I have shared joys and bitterness, despite winning everything."

"A big thank you to president Silvio Berlusconi, to vice-president and delegate administrator Adriano Galliani and Sporting Director Ariedo Braida: without them I could never have had such a gratifying experience both from a sporting and human point of view."

"There are many people I'd like to thank: all the team mates I've had, Milan's managers and co-workers, the Milanello staff. But I especially want to cite Carlo Ancelotti, the coach who allowed me to play in this fantastic team and with whom I spent the biggest part of my Rossoneri life, and Villiam Vecchi, who endured me for all these years. I also thank Valerio Fiori."

"THANKS FROM THE HEART TO EVERYONE AND... FORZA MILAN!"

Nelson Dida
MizNelson
Wow. Just wow. As if I needed another reason to start crying again.
X-Offender
That was beautiful. Even though I would have died if he stayed for another season, when I think of the past 10 years and all the joys (and sorrows) he's brought to us, it gives me the chills. He's a great man, and the best goalie in the world up to a certain period. Thank you Nelson!
samira
Grazie and thank you for everything!
He was my favorite goalie when I was young, guess you really really love Dida, MizNelson.
But Im not going to lie and say I wished he stayed but he gave Milan a time, you could never forget.
Good luck in the furture and thank you!
I hope you wipe those tears and hope this season is going to be a great season for the rossoneri and Dida will blow those british minds, showing how a real rossonero is!
Fillipo Simone
Many thanks to Dida. It's a sad goodbye. He allways will be one of my favorites!
Jack Sparrow
Hall-of-famer. For sure! cool.gif

Now I have MizNelson to myself. Can't say I'm depressed about it! biggrin.gif
samira
hahah, you never know.. He might go to England and throw a Milan shirt on Dida like the Arsenal fan did tongue.gif
Suhail 3
all them penalty saves in 03 and all the times you were amazing in net

thanks & farewell dida smile.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 1 2010, 10:50 PM) *
Hall-of-famer. For sure! cool.gif

Now I have MizNelson to myself. Can't say I'm depressed about it! biggrin.gif

*cries louder*
Jack Sparrow
^^

Relax people. Those are tears of joy! She loves me! wink.gif wub.gif
Fillipo Simone
We should move this topic to the "past players" section...
kurtsimonw
It's stupid. He had a few horrible years, we give him a new deal and stick by him. Recently he turned things around and was arguably our number 1 and playing well, so we get rid of him.

I don't like the management of this team at all. dry.gif
Dracoris
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 3 2010, 01:56 PM) *
It's stupid. He had a few horrible years, we give him a new deal and stick by him. Recently he turned things around and was arguably our number 1 and playing well, so we get rid of him.

I don't like the management of this team at all. dry.gif

I think we're letting him go at the perfect time. We caught him at his final peak as a player and now its time to bring someone else in.

Grazie Dida.
X-Offender
If we keep renewing the contracts of +30 years old people we really aren't going anywhere.
Fillipo Simone
For goalkeepers - it's irrelevant which age they are IMO. Got nothing to do with the direction of a teams/clubs direction...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.