Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ronaldinho
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 24 2009, 06:01 PM) *
I was under the impression that Pato got his raise early in the summer, right after Kaka's sale --- but I'm not sure. He asked for it then.

He didn't ask for anything. So far there hasn't been any talk of contract renewel from either party
A.X
ronaldinho didn't ask for anything he doesn't need more money ... the club appreciates the hard workk he's doing to get back to his best and make milan win .. .so they raised 1.5 m ... that's it ... nothing wrong with it .. pato's earning should have been rased too but not as much as ronnie or pirlo ... he's just 19-20 years old !!!
Tennie
I think you may be mistaken in that, han, but as I was in italy when it happened and only have memory of print articles to go by, not willing to argue the point further.

As for Ronaldinho an raises...he's had ONE good league game. Not nearly enough to get more $$$ from a club that couldn't - if reports are to be believed -- splash out 5.5 million for a desperately needed defender.
A.X
im not talking about that game vs siena ... im talking about the hard work he's doin !!! maybe you're not getting my point or im not good delivering it ...
dst
Everyone is working hard. Ronaldinho is not doing anything out of the ordinary, he's only now becoming ordinary again actually. IF AND ONLY he manages to perform at the highest level for the whole season then maybe he should get a raise.
han2503
He'll get a raise if he gives Silvio one.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2009, 03:15 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2009, 09:08 AM) *
I really don't think Dinho is making as much as people have said, didn't he take a cut in order to come to Milan instead of City?

In any case, I think the most desreved contract extension that could be given would be to Pato, he's our star player now, I think he should be getting what Pirlo is getting

He made 9-10M at barca and took a cut to 7m to join us instead and now he will be bumped to 8m rolleyes.gif

Only person in our squad who deserves these wages right now is Pato. Everyone else doesn't even come close. Its a joke really, silvio has lost it. We can no longer deny this, its a fact. Silvio just doesn't give a flying f*ck anymore about keeping milan competitive as a whole. He just wants to see his favorite toys play and put on a dribbling show for him. Whether we win anything or not is of no concern to him.

Instead of giving him that 10M raise (over the course of season), which he really doesn't need as he is the highest paid player in our squad already; we should go spend that on De S. Just pathetic.
MizNelson
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2009, 12:15 PM) *

HAH! smile.gif
Bluesummers
Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has expressed his satisfaction with Ronaldinho's first outing in the new Serie A season, in which he showed signs of his top form.

Berlusconi has always been a keen admirer of the Brazilian player and has a very clear idea of where he would field the former Golden Ball winner.

"I'm so happy about Ronaldinho, that I wouldn't ever change him with anyone, because wherever he is on the pitch, he always does two or three extraordinary things," declared the Italian prime minister to the Processo di Biscardi.

"I think that he must play on the edge of the penalty area, even as a forward or an attacking midfielder. Leonardo agrees with this.

"I'm convinced that Ronaldinho is a person who needs to feel respected. This year he will probably be one of the protagonists in the league."

In his first season at Milan, following his move from Barcelona, the 29-year-old made 30 appearances in Serie A and scored a total of eight goals for the team.
Jack Sparrow
I understand Silvio's obsession with R80. In a way I also appreciate that R80 is probably the only person in the world who can replace Kaka at his best.

But what I don't understand is his dictating tactics. Has he been eating at the same place as Zamparini?

Coldest
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 25 2009, 10:58 AM) *
I understand Silvio's obsession with R80. In a way I also appreciate that R80 is probably the only person in the world who can replace Kaka at his best.

But what I don't understand is his dictating tactics. Has he been eating at the same place as Zamparini?

Who ? Could you tell more about that ?
han2503
QUOTE (Coldest @ Aug 25 2009, 11:04 AM) *
Who ? Could you tell more about that ?

The Palermo president, he's always interfering.

@ Jack, when has Silvio ever held back? He was the one that demanded that Milan should always play with 2 strikers. He was the one that told Carlo to either start playing more attacking football or go out the door when he first came. He's also the one saying where Dinho, Pato and so one should be playing on the pitch. This is classic Silvio
Protagonist
I think Ronaldinho was very good against Siena, I wouldn't say he is back to his best, but then again has been burdened with carrying us. To draw conclusions and criticize him now is too early, as it is too early to emphasis more based on the game against Siena. But considering the void that was left by Kaka's departure, I predict Ronaldinho to take aim and provide whatever is necessary for us to overcome our adversaries.

Suhail 3
QUOTE (Protagonist @ Aug 25 2009, 08:39 PM) *
I think Ronaldinho was very good against Siena, I wouldn't say he is back to his best, but then again has been burdened with carrying us. To draw conclusions and criticize him now is too early, as it is too early to emphasis more based on the game against Siena. But considering the void that was left by Kaka's departure, I predict Ronaldinho to take aim and provide whatever is necessary for us to overcome our adversaries.

+1 r80 easily has the potential to fill Kaka void and after the siena game hes done himself no harm and going the right way about it
kurtsimonw
I don't think there's any question Ronaldinho has the ability to replace Kaka'. I don't think it's outrageous to say Ronaldinho at his best may even have been better than Kaka' at his best in the opinion of some. He just hasn't consistantly hit top form for a few years now though and there will always be question marks about his attitude. If he plays a full season of good football and shows his willingness to work hard, then great for him and the team. Unfortunately I can't see it.
MizNelson
So many people have been salivating over Dinho after ONE game, and not just on here. I don't get it.
Jack Sparrow
Coz that's all we've got Miz. Somehow hope to God that R80 comes back...coz otherwise we're in deep shite.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 26 2009, 12:08 AM) *
So many people have been salivating over Dinho after ONE game, and not just on here. I don't get it.

because we won the game against siena because of dinho. Had he not done those things, do you think we could have scored?

Bottom line right now is, If ronaldinho doesn't pull magic out of his @ss every game, were f*cked.

If against inter he performs poorly, I expect us to lose. That is sad reality of our current situation.
A.X
Though Milan endured a poor pre-season this summer, Ronaldinho believes that such results should be disregarded, and he has sent out a warning to Inter ahead of the Derby della Madonnina on Saturday.

"In comparison with last year, I'm a very happy man," the 29-year-old told Il Corriere della Sera.

"I play 90 minutes, I have everyone's confidence and I feel good. This is the best moment since I've been at Milan.

"I came to Milan to win. I think it's now time to do it," 'Ronnie' declared.

The Rossoneri could go five points ahead of champions Inter if they win the derby this weekend, but the Brazilian's mind is also on succeeding in the Champions League.

"[We can reach] the end. We can become champions thanks to the experienced men we have here," he enthused.

The former Barcelona player then denied reports that he had been forced by Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi to stand on a table in front of the rest of the squad and swear to become a better professional.

"It's not true, it never happened," he said. "This is yet another falsehood that runs on my account. Unlike others, I never speak of things about Milan. What is said in the dressing room should never come out - never in my career have I gone around telling people facts about the team.

"But I'm not angry any more. I have decided to respond only on the pitch," he concluded.

Anthony Wright, Goal.com
Bluesummers
He's def got something to prove. I think he wants the world cup badly so he'll do everything to get back to his old form. I just hope Dunga is watching when that happens.
A.X
i didn't watch the derby ... and im really happy i didn't ... can someone tell me how ronladinho played ??? i know bad ... actually the whole team played badly ... but i want to know
mkenya
QUOTE (A.X @ Aug 31 2009, 09:25 AM) *
i didn't watch the derby ... and im really happy i didn't ... can someone tell me how ronladinho played ??? i know bad ... actually the whole team played badly ... but i want to know

BAD
kurtsimonw
And how made a terrible dive, in which he then complained to the ref saying he should have had a penalty, despite the fact he wasn't even touched. Disgraceful behaviour.
Patinho
i think ronaldinho is done he should go back to the brazilain league with ronaldo he is not helping us at all. we need a new playmaker like gourcuff but.......................... sad.gif
han2503
No one was saying Dinho was done last week when he assisted 1 goal and basically created the other. Everyone had a cr@pper of a game against Inter not just Dinho.

What I'm saying is let's try to be objective here. And I do think that a lot are so p!ssed off about it because they expect so much from him, but he's not the Dinho of a few years ago and he'll never be that again
TriniKing_CE
Gourcuff.... cry.gif

Why did you say that name...? sad.gif
servbot
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 31 2009, 01:11 PM) *
No one was saying Dinho was done last week when he assisted 1 goal and basically created the other. Everyone had a cr@pper of a game against Inter not just Dinho.

What I'm saying is let's try to be objective here. And I do think that a lot are so p!ssed off about it because they expect so much from him, but he's not the Dinho of a few years ago and he'll never be that again

Sure he's not the same guy, but I could have gotten that open strike much closer to the goal than he did, and I've never played competitively in my life.
han2503
QUOTE (servbot @ Aug 31 2009, 06:21 PM) *
Sure he's not the same guy, but I could have gotten that open strike much closer to the goal than he did, and I've never played competitively in my life.

Big misses happen all the time, I got more p!ssed off that he tried to play it as a foul and argued with the ref about it.

Other then that, Dinho did what the rest of the Milan players did, absolutely nothing!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 31 2009, 02:24 PM) *
Big misses happen all the time, I got more p!ssed off that he tried to play it as a foul and argued with the ref about it.

Other then that, Dinho did what the rest of the Milan players did, absolutely nothing!

+1
servbot
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 31 2009, 01:24 PM) *

Of course, but when you're playing poorly, the simple mistakes get more annoying.
han2503
QUOTE (servbot @ Aug 31 2009, 07:47 PM) *
Of course, but when you're playing poorly, the simple mistakes get more annoying.

Agreed, but Dinho wasn't the only one making the mistakes, Gattuso himself made a blunder of massive proportions, it was just a bad game all around
A.X
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 31 2009, 09:48 PM) *
Agreed, but Dinho wasn't the only one making the mistakes, Gattuso himself made a blunder of massive proportions, it was just a bad game all around

i think we lost the game because of gattuso
Tennie
I don't.smile.gif

I think there's a lot of blame to go around for the game. Singling out any one person is just counterproductive. Everyone was bad, from the water boy to the club owner.
A.X
yes .. but gattuso was disrespectful for his club ( coach and team-mates ) he lasted last year 45 min and more when his knee was broken ... now he can't control his self for 2 more min ... heh ... that's bullSh*T ,
Tennie
So is Ronaldinho's pretending to be fouled and falling down in the box after he missed the ball. smile.gif And that was probably his best move of the game.

NOBODY is blameless, including the coach who should never have taken 20 minutes to sub an injured player, even if the player is too hardheaded to want to come out. THat's what coaching is for.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 31 2009, 08:12 PM) *
I don't.smile.gif

I think there's a lot of blame to go around for the game. Singling out any one person is just counterproductive. Everyone was bad, from the water boy to the club owner.

100% with you

QUOTE (A.X @ Aug 31 2009, 08:23 PM) *
yes .. but gattuso was disrespectful for his club ( coach and team-mates ) he lasted last year 45 min and more when his knee was broken ... now he can't control his self for 2 more min ... heh ... that's bullSh*T ,

How can you say he was disrespectful????? He was injured and kept on playing for his team. His bad tackle on Sneijder had nothing to do with the injury or him wanting to come off, it was a bad mistake that he made in the heat of the moment, which he admitted to.

Its not like he fouled Sneijder on purpose so he would get a red, therefore get sent off so he wouldn't have to play anymore, that's stupid logic and its direspectful to the player, Rino loves Milan more then you could imagine he would never jeopardize a match just so he could come off.
kurtsimonw
I agree with han. Most of you know how I feel about Rino, but I'm 100% with him on this one.
Dzeko
Um u can't expect from R80 to play good if team is playing bad, i watch Inter game 2-3 times to see what was going wrong and trust me it's not R80, im not defending him but Team didn't make space for magic. He is not the player like Kaka and u can't expect one man show, if u watch old Barcelona game u could see that all team worked good and that's magic not onlly R80 he need some one to play along side with, our left and right flanks were nothing, mid is disaster onlly Pato showed somthing called a try... I hoped for best but it was Morinho that teach Leo who is best coaches in world and trust me Marking from Stankovic and Chivu-Maicon on R80 were WC...
kurtsimonw
Doesn't give him any excuse to be the disgraceful cheat that he is.
Bluesummers
So is Pippo considered a disgraceful cheat? Or Gilardino with that famous dive or Kaka with his multiple dives that warranted him yellow cards or CR9 with his personal home video on how to do simulation? laugh.gif

Personally I dont care if Ronaldinho does dive. As long as he's doing his job and making Milan win I could care less if he wants to do cartwheels on the pitch in a thong let alone dive laugh.gif
vnata001
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 31 2009, 06:45 PM) *
So is Pippo considered a disgraceful cheat? Or Gilardino with that famous dive or Kaka with his multiple dives that warranted him yellow cards or CR9 with his personal home video on how to do simulation? laugh.gif

Personally I dont care if Ronaldinho does dive. As long as he's doing his job and making Milan win I could care less if he wants to do cartwheels on the pitch in a thong let alone dive laugh.gif

you ask the perfect questions blue.

quite honestly pippo has made a career of going down under minimal contact, pulling on defenders jerseys, and complaining to the referees. and frankly whenever I see Pippo go down for nothing and a defender gets in his face and shouts at him, i think it's just.

surely i can understand why people see dinho diving as disgraceful, just like i think it is when i see ronaldo, or gila, or even kaka, or esp drogba do it. but if one were to crucify players for diving, yet hail pippo's game, it would be pretty hypocritical.

btw..if you like players doing cartwheels in thongs, tune into vucinic's and cassano's matches, cuz when they score big goals they seem to enjoy stripping down to their tighty whitey's.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 1 2009, 02:45 AM) *

Anyone that dives is a cheat, yes. But I think you'll find the minority of players don't come under the category of 'diving', it's called 'going down easy'. Most of the time there is either very little contact or the player goes down, after a delay, after the contact is made.

As for Ronaldinho? He went down with NO contact. He then had the nerve to complain to the referee for a penalty! Most cheats just get on with it or after an initial penalty shout they just give up. Ronaldinho wouldn't leave the ref alone as he pleaded his case, which is disgraceful when you considered there wasn't anything close to contact with the Inter player.

Disgraceful cheat who I have had enough of to be honest. He said he'd change and started well in Milan. But more parties, more poor form. Then the summer, more parties, poor pre-season. Then 2 games into the season he played well in 1, played terrible and cheated in the other. Not good enough, Ronaldinho out.

As for Pippo, I've never condoned the way he goes down all the time, ever.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2009, 09:31 PM) *
Anyone that dives is a cheat, yes. But I think you'll find the minority of players don't come under the category of 'diving', it's called 'going down easy'. Most of the time there is either very little contact or the player goes down, after a delay, after the contact is made.

As for Ronaldinho? He went down with NO contact. He then had the nerve to complain to the referee for a penalty! Most cheats just get on with it or after an initial penalty shout they just give up. Ronaldinho wouldn't leave the ref alone as he pleaded his case, which is disgraceful when you considered there wasn't anything close to contact with the Inter player.

Disgraceful cheat who I have had enough of to be honest. He said he'd change and started well in Milan. But more parties, more poor form. Then the summer, more parties, poor pre-season. Then 2 games into the season he played well in 1, played terrible and cheated in the other. Not good enough, Ronaldinho out.

As for Pippo, I've never condoned the way he goes down all the time, ever.

So your more mad because hes shite than he dives is what your saying. Now the fact that he's both just makes him a player you can't stand?

Interesting, gotcha.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 31 2009, 11:42 PM) *
Everyone was bad, from the water boy to the club owner.

Nice way to put it!

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2009, 12:04 AM) *
Its not like he fouled Sneijder on purpose so he would get a red, therefore get sent off so he wouldn't have to play anymore, that's stupid logic and its direspectful to the player, Rino loves Milan more then you could imagine he would never jeopardize a match just so he could come off.

I completely agree, but then why do you guys keep saying Leo is also to blame? unsure.gif you say Rino didn't foul Sneijder on purpose or in other words he made a footballing mistake and then you say it's Leo's fault that he didn't sub Rino sooner! footballing mistakes happen all the time, especially with players like Rino who foul a lot and tend to get yellow carded more than often.

QUOTE (vnata001 @ Sep 1 2009, 07:48 AM) *
you ask the perfect questions blue.

quite honestly pippo has made a career of going down under minimal contact, pulling on defenders jerseys, and complaining to the referees. and frankly whenever I see Pippo go down for nothing and a defender gets in his face and shouts at him, i think it's just.

surely i can understand why people see dinho diving as disgraceful, just like i think it is when i see ronaldo, or gila, or even kaka, or esp drogba do it. but if one were to crucify players for diving, yet hail pippo's game, it would be pretty hypocritical.

btw..if you like players doing cartwheels in thongs, tune into vucinic's and cassano's matches, cuz when they score big goals they seem to enjoy stripping down to their tighty whitey's.

+1
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 1 2009, 02:20 PM) *
I completely agree, but then why do you guys keep saying Leo is also to blame? unsure.gif you say Rino didn't foul Sneijder on purpose or in other words he made a footballing mistake and then you say it's Leo's fault that he didn't sub Rino sooner! footballing mistakes happen all the time, especially with players like Rino who foul a lot and tend to get yellow carded more than often.

From what I read, Leo wanted both Ambro and Seedorf to be warmed up for the sub. Then later he decided to put in Ambro instead of Rino. So once this was communicated, Zee never got his shoes off and his bandage on. Then at the last minute Leo changed his mind and wanted Zee in. It was a little too late to get this communication through, and hence the whole mishap happened.

So I'd say it's one for Leo's inexperience and one for Rino's rush of blood.
dst
I can't believe this douchebag is at Milan and Kaka isn't. What the **** does Berlusconi love so much about him?
Danny
Ronaldinho is Milan's Kris Boyd (Rangers) it seems. Splits the fans right down the middle - half love, half hate.

As for his display in the derby, he didn't really show up, but tbh that was as much down to Inter stopping him just like Gattuso stopped the entire Juve midfield in the 3-1 a few seasons ago. Inter were just much, much better after they scored, and at that point our team just ceased to exist.

Leonardo has to shoulder significant blame, his management was poor, amateur, and he was out of his depth. But the players didn't do themselves much justice either - the character was absent after the first goal. All the bottle from the Siena match smashed and was left in fragments when Inter took the lead - up to which point we'd started more than brightly.

han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 1 2009, 08:50 AM) *

Leo is partly to blame, but not for Rino's bad tackle, its not like he told Rino to get sent off. He's to blame for being indicisive, taking so long to take Rino off from the moment he got injured to the penalty, there wasn't just a small time gape of 5 minutes, it happened apout 20 minutes before, then Rino was left on until he was ultimately sent off. I think both should take the blame, Rino was stupid and irrational but had he been taken off before when it was clear he couldn't continue he wouldn't have had to be trying to chase Eto'o down while he could barely even walk let alone run, I'm talking about the penalty here more then the foul on Sneijder because that was just pure bad judgment on Rino's part and there is no excuse for it
Jack Sparrow
Almost +1. smile.gif

I think Leo got his signals crossed. 'I want Ambro on...no wait I want Seedorf!' I think it's just inexperience. This is what happens when a man with no experience is put in charge.

Everybody puts up Pep..but don't forget that guy's been coaching for some time now. Just not in the big league.

I'm suddenly very very worried about Leo. He should be assistant coach or something if he wants it that bad. I mean he himself said he wasn't too keen on the job.

Spalletti is gonna be free soon from reports. MvB is free...so is Rijkaard. I'd take Spalletti as my number one choice of course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.