Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [RW] Other Leagues 08/09 and 09/10
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Habitant @ Sep 28 2009, 01:09 PM) *
i'm thinking of getting season tickets when montreal gets their mls franchise. so hopefully by then you'll be playing for them biggrin.gif

haha thx for the support, i still don't know if they would sign a kid who has a 17 letter last name which includes a foreign accent on a "c" lol but we'll see smile.gif

BTW clutch win last night against Charleston
the final four include
1 american team
1 Porto Rican
and 2 Canadian smile.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 28 2009, 06:53 PM) *
haha thx for the support, i still don't know if they would sign a kid who has a 17 letter last name which includes a foreign accent on a "c" lol but we'll see smile.gif

BTW clutch win last night against Charleston
the final four include
1 american team
1 Porto Rican
and 2 Canadian smile.gif

haha 17? what is it? i'll have to look out for it wink.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Habitant @ Sep 28 2009, 02:44 PM) *
haha 17? what is it? i'll have to look out for it wink.gif

It isn't really 17 letters it's a composite slovenian/croatian and italian name with a hyphen which i counted as one smile.gif so we are talking lke soulder to shoulder hehe. I was only suppose to get my dad's name but i am the last able to carry both names for the family
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 26 2009, 03:29 AM) *
Worst incident I've seen in Norwegian football for a long time. Completely mindless.
WTF were you thinking???

Nothing wrong with that, football's a contact sport.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 28 2009, 09:37 PM) *
Nothing wrong with that, football's a contact sport.

Yeah, but it's nice if the ball is within, say, 10 metres or so when the contact is made.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 28 2009, 09:18 PM) *
Yeah, but it's nice if the ball is within, say, 10 metres or so when the contact is made.

laugh.gif

Has the player that kicked him said anything as to why he did it? There must be a reason, you don't just do something like that.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 28 2009, 11:10 PM) *
laugh.gif

Has the player that kicked him said anything as to why he did it? There must be a reason, you don't just do something like that.

He says he has no explanation for what he did, and that he doesn't understand why he did it.
It's pretty much the Norse version of what pepe did a few months ago, isn't it?
Locke Lamora
Oh and Rosenborg secured their 21# league title with a 2-0 win against Molde. Molde will face Aalesund in the Cup Final.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 25 2009, 10:29 PM) *
Worst incident I've seen in Norwegian football for a long time. Completely mindless.
WTF were you thinking???

in the Quebec U-18 tryouts there was lot of this throughout the cuts...
Habitant
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 29 2009, 12:27 AM) *
in the Quebec U-18 tryouts there was lot of this throughout the cuts...

theres always some random dirtiness at all levels.

for example:

the other day at my brothers game (he's a natural left winger/forward), he plays for felix-leclerc high which around AA with some kids who play AAA. During a corner a defender goes sup to my brothers firned and pocked him in the eye right before so he wouldnt be able to see and miss the cross...
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Habitant @ Oct 2 2009, 10:31 PM) *
theres always some random dirtiness at all levels.

for example:

the other day at my brothers game (he's a natural left winger/forward), he plays for felix-leclerc high which around AA with some kids who play AAA. During a corner a defender goes sup to my brothers firned and pocked him in the eye right before so he wouldnt be able to see and miss the cross...

divolino remembers the Felix Leclerc players and how they made him very uneasy in his first ever match for Saint-louis AA. He was 13 and playing against taller/bigger 17 year olds and was battered and mugged every-time he touched the ball sad.gif
kurtsimonw

Rangers fight Celtic at Ibrox tomorrow. No doubt it'll be ruined with a football game breaking out, but should be a good watch anyway. C'mon the Bhoys!
Tennie
Fishdoll bah, neither of those teams have fans with blow up sheep. Go Aberdeen!
kurtsimonw
Reports have emerged that Barcelona striker Thierry Henry is set to snub a lucrative move to Manchester City in favour of the American side New York Red Bulls after the World Cup 2010 in South Africa.

According to the Daily Mail, Henry will look for a new challenge after the World Cup with the 32-year old excited at the prospect of playing football in one of the world's biggest cities in New York.

Following David Beckham's footsteps, Henry is reportedly ready to turn down a chance to return to the Premier League with Manchester City. After watching Arsenal demolish Blackburn 6-2 at the Emirates Stadium and receiving a rousing reception, Henry is reportedly uninterested in an England return.

With reports in England and Spain full of stories regarding Manchester City striker Robinho moving to Barcelona, it is rumoured that the Catalan giants are willing to offer Henry as a make-weight to land the Brazilian as early as January.

However, Henry is reportedly uninterested in the potential move, as the New York Red Bulls are desperate to land the striker. Missing out on this year's MLS play-off's with star Juan Pablo Angel out injured, Henry is the American side's main target in the transfer window.

With friends David Beckham and Freddie Ljungberg already stars in the MLS, Henry is said to be thinking heavily of a North American move after the World Cup this summer.

A partnership of Juan Pablo and Henry? That would be awesome. wub.gif
Tennie
link to a very good - but long - article about the Danish NT of the 80s.
kurtsimonw
They had some truly great players around that era, and just after it too. I'm sure all people in England have a soft sport for the '92 Denmark squad.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 3 2009, 04:54 PM) *

Rangers fight Celtic at Ibrox tomorrow. No doubt it'll be ruined with a football game breaking out, but should be a good watch anyway. C'mon the Bhoys!

Belated reply but thought I'd say ha ha ha ha anyway.

If only I'd seen this nearer to when Kenny slipped 2 past Borat.
Tennie
Fishdoll snickers. Borat? Good one!

+1 blow up sheep.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 22 2009, 12:51 AM) *
Belated reply but thought I'd say ha ha ha ha anyway.

If only I'd seen this nearer to when Kenny slipped 2 past Borat.

I don't mind alot of Rangers players, but I really hate Miller. Class and loyalty aren't exactly shown an awful lot in football, but even for a football he lacks them both an awful lot. No doubt he'll be re-joining Celtic soon. rolleyes.gif
Tennie
Isn't it a little odd for players to switch between the two Glasgow clubs?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 22 2009, 01:34 AM) *

Danny will have to answer that one. But I do know this is Kenny Milllers 2nd stint at Rangers, he played for Celtic in between, and scored, and celebrated like he was a Celtic fan. What a tool.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 21 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Danny will have to answer that one. But I do know this is Kenny Milllers 2nd stint at Rangers, he played for Celtic in between, and scored, and celebrated like he was a Celtic fan. What a tool.

hahaha what a loser
dst
^^ Ha! I was about to post this. Sweet, isn't it?
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 23 2009, 01:26 PM) *
^^ Ha! I was about to post this. Sweet, isn't it?

he's giving stankovic a run for his money hehe
kurtsimonw
Dirty tactics in womens college 'soccer'

This kitty got claws!

Some of these girls look a whole lot better than I imagined they would, awesome.
dst
wtf, that was like 6 or 7 red cards!! Nasty! biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 7 2009, 11:33 AM) *
wtf, that was like 6 or 7 red cards!! Nasty! biggrin.gif

The girls getting up from the challenges is what surprised me a bit, the men in todays football would have been rolling around on the floor.
Locke Lamora
Just thought I'd add some information about the now finished Norwegian 2009 season (which no-one ever bothers to read).

Champions: Rosenborg.
This is the 21st time the Trondheim club wins the title, and they will be back in the CL where they belong next season.
Runners-up: Molde.
3d place: Stabæk.

The cup final was played today, Aalesund eventually edged out Molde on penalties after a 2-2 draw that saw two goals scored in extra time, Aalesund's equaliser coming 4 minutes from full time. Best final in years. This also means Aalesund manager Kjetil Rekdal keeps his unbeaten streak in cup finals, having never lost one as player or coach (LaPalma might remember Rekdal for his glory days with Monchengladbach and Hertha Berlin. The rest of you may remember him scoring the penalty that saw us beat Brazil in '98 and send us through to the 1/8 finals. If any of you ever reads this, that is).
kurtsimonw
I've heard of Rosenborg, Molde and Stabek.. but Aalesund? Are they a good side or is it a shock for them to win the Cup?
Locke Lamora
It's probably the greatest upset this side of the millenium. Aalesund finished 13th in the league, one place and two points above the qualification spot. Lots of credit to fans of both teams, they were a class act today.
I'll get some pictures and videos up, there were some goals scored this season which I think are right up there with the best England, Spain and Italy has to offer. But for now, cup glory:

Aalesund fans creating great atmosphere:

There aren't any good videos showing the best goals of the season yet, but this was easily the worst incident of the season. Fair play? Tell that to Odd Grenland's Peter Kovacs... For once, Paolo Di Canio would have handled this better

On a second though, this goal was rather decent: Huseklepp vs Stabæk
dst
I remember that victory but I can't remember the scorer. I read that through the end! What do I get?
kurtsimonw
Blue and orange, loving the colours. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
A quick note from earlier today. During the Remembrance Day minutes silence before the Falkirk-Celtic game, a minority of Celtic fans were singing IRA songs during it showing a complete lack of respect. It's very sad really, only to be made sadder that all of these people didn't die in a horrible car crash on their way home. Some people do deserve death.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 8 2009, 05:53 PM) *
I remember that victory but I can't remember the scorer. I read that through the end! What do I get?

What victory?
Tennie
Fishdoll belatedly +1 cookie to Aalesund. smile.gif Are they the ones in the pretty orange and blue?
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 8 2009, 09:22 PM) *
Fishdoll belatedly +1 cookie to Aalesund. smile.gif Are they the ones in the pretty orange and blue?

Yup.
Tennie
Then Fishdoll +1 more cookie for bright and interesting jerseys! smile.gif
Tennie
Fishdoll goodness gracious. Just watched the last bit of OM-Lyon. FT 5-5. Unbelievable finish to the game.
Locke Lamora
Two more things about the Cup final, the player who scored Aalesund's final equaliser, Tor Hogne Aarøy is the tallest player in professional football at 2.04 (6 ft 8+1⁄2 in).

Who needs Peter Crouch, eh?

Secondly, kudos to Molde manager Kjell Jonevret for taking the defeat very well, there was a blatant penalty for Molde in the second half that the ref overlooked, and when asked (the interviewer did his best to bait him) about it afterwards he said something along the lines of: "I guess I should take a look at the replay before butchering the ref. All honour to Aalesund, who fought very hard for it."
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 8 2009, 08:49 PM) *
What victory?

The one over Brazil.
kurtsimonw
Lyon played Marseille today in a borefest. You'd expect 2 good teams to put on a good game, they only managed 10 goals though in a 5-5 draw. Boooooring.
Tennie
Horrible game, wasn't it? I mean, I nearly fell asleep during the last 15 minutes. Awful. I mean what? all those goals? Meh.
Jack Sparrow
I remember when Tennie used to be a nice, level headed, straightforward person. Damn you kurt!
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 22 2009, 12:32 AM) *
I don't mind alot of Rangers players, but I really hate Miller. Class and loyalty aren't exactly shown an awful lot in football, but even for a football he lacks them both an awful lot. No doubt he'll be re-joining Celtic soon. rolleyes.gif

Word is Middlesbrough are showing an interest.

As for class and loyalty - well, he never left either of the OF to directly join the other. So your loyalty comment is a little incorrect. He's just a footballer who has gone where he'd be paid. He's also one of our best players so I hope we hold onto him.
Danny
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 22 2009, 12:34 AM) *

Yes. And it doesn't happen.

What does happen is they leave one, play wherever for a while, get good, then the other gets interested.

As far as I know, no OF player, in the reasonably modern era, has ever left for the other half of the OF.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 22 2009, 12:36 AM) *

I despised him and hated us for signing him.

But he's been absolutely brilliant for us and that's more important.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 9 2009, 12:49 AM) *
The one over Brazil.

This is a (very short) highlights, the Norwegian goals were scored by Flo and Rekdal. Can't remember the Brazilian one. Brazil 1-2 Norway 1998

However, I'd advise you to take a look at this as well, the final minutes of the match (including the penalty) with Norwegian commentators. Who behave... as you'd expect The greatest moment in Norwegian footba...sports ever
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 10 2009, 12:18 PM) *
However, I'd advise you to take a look at this as well, the final minutes of the match (including the penalty) with Norwegian commentators. Who behave... as you'd expect The greatest moment in Norwegian footba...sports ever

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif the reaction on the final whistle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kurtsimonw
David "does nothing to help the MLS or LA Galaxy" Beckham last night helped his Galaxy team into the MLS Finals. He hardly played last season due to injury and I believe they were the worst team in the league, now he's playing the majority of the games and.. surprise, surpise, they're awesome.

How many players have won a league title in 3 countries, I really can't think of many? This would make England, Spain and USA for Becks. With a Serie A title to add to that soon (hopefully!).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.