Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Milan could play in the Champions League
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2
Warchant
wow...didn't expect to see all of this when i woke up this morning.

it seems like you guys have had a crazy day so far.
morgoth
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 4 2008, 11:56 AM)
I think Levski Sofia deserve it, it should be them!

I'm totally against Milan entering this way!!
I don't think that would be a problem as 5 clubs from the EPL were allowed entrance in the 2005/2006 edition.

I totally agree with dst. I think Milan has nothing in the CL this year, I started hatting Lens two years ago because they opened their mouth about the CL while Palermo deserved it 10 times more, so I don't want Milan to do the same thing now. If there any team that should replace CSKA Sofia then it's Levski ... Plus there's rule about having 4 team at best form the same country and we're not an English team, we have 0 chance to enter the CL next year for me.

About Porto, there was a discussion in the "other leagues" thread some days ago, and Porty said that Benfica reported Porto to the uefa because they bought referees, then the uefa asked the Portuguese league for answers hence the 6 points deduction and now the decision of ruling them out of the competition. Sounds right to me.
armiss
I want rules , we deserve Cl as others , we were playing World club cup and this is one of the main reasons that we are now out , as i said befor nobody knows the rules by details so we must wait and see !
m1ke
^^ In that .PDF that I posted, the rules seem to state quite clearly that another team from the same league will replace a team that doesn't meet the competition's entry requirements.
Zed.D
QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 4 2008, 06:37 PM)
as i said befor nobody knows the rules by details so we must wait and see !

We have no chance of CL football unless one out of Inter, Roma, Juventus and Fiorentina get expelled. that's for sure. wink.gif
armiss
QUOTE (m1ke @ Jun 4 2008, 07:39 PM)
^^ In that .PDF that I posted, the rules seem to state quite clearly that another team from the same league will replace a team that doesn't meet the competition's entry requirements.

So what is the rules about the highest UEFA ranked team entry ?

isnt there any differences between a team with fraud back up and a team that that doesn't meet the competition's entry requirements ?
Portman
It's the team from the same country. Not the highest in UEFA ranking.

I believe Porto will participate in the CL with the appeal.
Jack Sparrow
Well ain't you a ray of sunshine.... tongue.gif
armiss
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jun 4 2008, 09:59 PM)
It's the team from the same country. Not the highest in UEFA ranking.

I believe Porto will participate in the CL with the appeal.

I wanted to know why ? is there any differences in rules between those teams with those conditions and WHY ? smile.gif
kurtsimonw
If they have financial problems.. won't NOT entering the European Cup make things worse? Surely entering the competition will make them more money than theyd lose. unsure.gif

Personally I think it will go to the Bulgarian runners-up. After Liverpool won the CL and came 5th, England ended up having 5 teams in Europe, but UEFA changed it to make sure only 4 teams could enter from one country after that event.. so I can't see them changing the rules again? There's always hope!
Rossoneri7
Mediaset is saying that, 'Due to the laws and regulations of the UEFA, Milan will not participate in the Champions League 08/09'.

Sofia and Porto are not going to participate too .. But both teams will have another representative from their respective league.
dst
QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 4 2008, 06:07 PM)
I want rules ,  we deserve Cl as others  , we were playing World club cup and this is one of the main reasons that we are now out  , as i said befor nobody knows the rules by details so we must wait and see !

laugh.gif Your excuses are as lame as Mancini's! I can't wait to see you in a club's bench!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 4 2008, 06:49 PM)
So what is the rules about the highest UEFA ranked team entry ?

Journalistic masturbation is what it is!

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 4 2008, 11:13 PM)
If they have financial problems.. won't NOT entering the European Cup make things worse? Surely entering the competition will make them more money than theyd lose. unsure.gif

That's what I've been thinking. And in any case, how can the federation of a country decide this, I think it's totally unfair.
armiss
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 5 2008, 01:34 AM)
laugh.gif Your excuses are as lame as Mancini's! I can't wait to see you in a club's bench!! laugh.gif  laugh.gif

laugh.gif Our main reasons are not excuses and you know it ! one of them was WCC , those seasons when every other team from Europe participating in World Club Cup like Liverpool and Barcelona had a disastrous season , so what is eufa role to help their Champions to have good chances again , if they win UCL must be punnished for WCC as a representive of europe ????? if WCC was in Europe not Japan could we feel those pressure of a hard trip ! Yes we have our responsibilities too but not at all ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
armiss
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 5 2008, 01:34 AM)
Journalistic masturbation is what it is!

Oh really ? so why Lens did it ? biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 5 2008, 08:32 AM)
laugh.gif  Our main reasons are not excuses and you know it !  one of them was WCC , those seasons when every other team from Europe participating in World Club Cup like Liverpool and Barcelona had a disastrous season , so what is eufa role to help their Champions to have good chances again , if they win UCL must be punnished for WCC as a representive of europe ????? if WCC was in Europe not Japan could we feel those pressure of a hard trip !  Yes we have our responsibilities too but not at all !  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

You are right, Barcelona and Liverpool both were eliminated at the Last 16 round after they won the CL but at least they made the top 4 places in their respective leagues... we can't blame it all on the CWC. We knew the program before the season even started.

QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 5 2008, 08:42 AM)
Oh really ? so why Lens did it ?  biggrin.gif

Probably the rules were changed after that? unsure.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 5 2008, 06:42 AM)
Oh really ? so why Lens did it ?  biggrin.gif

Because their president is stupid, and because it was about an Italian club after the WC final ... wink.gif
armiss
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 5 2008, 09:39 PM)
Because their president is stupid, and because it was about an Italian club after the WC final ... wink.gif

Do you want to say rules are ... laugh.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 5 2008, 06:45 PM)
Do you want to say rules are ...  laugh.gif

Rules?! The rules are pretty clear, if a club is banned from a european competition, then another club from the same country will take the vacant place! Actually, what Lens' president wanted was to take one place from Italy and give it to France who can has only 3 clubs in the competition!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 5 2008, 05:32 AM)
laugh.gif  Our main reasons are not excuses and you know it !  one of them was WCC , those seasons when every other team from Europe participating in World Club Cup like Liverpool and Barcelona had a disastrous season , so what is eufa role to help their Champions to have good chances again , if they win UCL must be punnished for WCC as a representive of europe ????? if WCC was in Europe not Japan could we feel those pressure of a hard trip !  Yes we have our responsibilities too but not at all !  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

The CWC can not be used an as excuse.. especially not for a Serie A team, they have a winter break in Italy! So we had more than enough time to rest and get back into top shape. Playing 2 games - 1 against complete ametuers - is not an excuse for a bad, bad season.
Habitant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2008, 08:29 PM)
The CWC can not be used an as excuse.. especially not for a Serie A team, they have a winter break in Italy! So we had more than enough time to rest and get back into top shape. Playing 2 games - 1 against complete ametuers - is not an excuse for a bad, bad season.

ya and dont prem teams play a in a 4th competetion, the carling cup? and prem team take their fa cup games seriously as well. that adds alot more strain than just 2 extra games.
Portman
Milan Handed Another Champions League Lifeline

Milan have been handed another Champions League lifeline as Romanian side Steaua Bucharest are on the verge of being excluded from the competition and this would open the door for the Rossoneri.

The Romanian side risk being thrown out of the Champions League for allegedly fixing a game in their own domestic league.

Steaua have already been penalised by the Bulagarian authorities and their president George Becali has been accused of match fixing. He is alledged to have paid another Romanian side $2.6m in order to help his side to win the league. 

If this is the case then, just like Porto, they would be instantly kicked out under UEFA’s strict guidelines.

Their place would then be offered to Dinamo Bucarest. However, Dinamo have recently made their intentions clear and they do not want to play in the Champions League.

In this case, Milan would be given the place as UEFA’s highest ranked team

UEFA would have no choice but to award the place to the Rossoneri if Dinamo snub their chance and this will no doubt leave a smile on Il Diavolo's face. 

The Rossoneri failed to qualify for the competition after finishing fifth in Serie A following a less than vintage campiagn by their high standards.

The club now has the chance to jump straightback into the driving seat as they look to used UEFA's rule book to wriggle their way back into the European big time.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=725056

Oh please. Just stop it GOAL.com.
m1ke
The first article they posted about Milan taking CSKA's spot received hundreds of comments - they're just trying to milk it.
Portman
QUOTE (m1ke @ Jun 5 2008, 11:04 PM)
The first article they posted about Milan taking CSKA's spot received hundreds of comments - they're just trying to milk it.

I agree with it. If we got in we'd be truly mafiosi.

"There is always gonna be a way to get Milan in the Champions League." and the fans of the entire Europe going mental about it. cool.gif

It won't happen. For the season we had, we deserve the UEFA Cup. But I'd love if we did the italian job here. Luv it! Just to see the reaction of the other clubs/fans. laugh.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jun 5 2008, 11:09 PM)
I agree with it. If we got in we'd be truly mafiosi.

"There is always gonna be a way to get Milan in the Champions League." and the fans of the entire Europe going mental about it. cool.gif

It won't happen. For the season we had, we deserve the UEFA Cup. But I'd love if we did the italian job here. Luv it! Just to see the reaction of the other clubs/fans. laugh.gif

Oh and you'd love more since in my opinion the French are going to be mad about it!

Anyway, we should forget about the CL and concentrate on our market, now Galliani have an excuse to buy WC players, he can almost guarantee the CL for next year tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
I don't want us to go through to the CL. But we could use the money. tongue.gif Can we sell our CL rights for this season to some other club? Maybe Tottenham, since they have the most money.
I_Rossoneri
I can't honestly see us participating in the CL next season, but if we do manage to get in then perhaps it is our destiny smile.gif

As far as I'm aware no club has won the CL on it's home soil - could we be the first? cool.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jun 6 2008, 10:15 AM)
I can't honestly see us participating in the CL next season, but if we do manage to get in then perhaps it is our destiny smile.gif

As far as I'm aware no club has won the CL on it's home soil - could we be the first? cool.gif

Now you can apply for Galliani's job laugh.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 6 2008, 09:19 AM)
Now you can apply for Galliani's job laugh.gif

If I get it I promise to sign Milan quality players and not the sort Galliani usually signs wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jun 6 2008, 09:15 AM)

Juve beat Ajax in Rome (96/97) and Dortmund beat Juve in Munich (97/98).
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 6 2008, 06:19 PM)
Juve beat Ajax in Rome (96/97) and Dortmund beat Juve in Munich (97/98).

Don't know if that was meant as in their home stadium or not?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jun 6 2008, 06:49 PM)
Don't know if that was meant as in their home stadium or not?

Nah, the next CL is in Rome, and that's not Milans stadium. So I assumed he meant in the same country.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 6 2008, 07:15 PM)
Nah, the next CL is in Rome, and that's not Milans stadium. So I assumed he meant in the same country.

I did mean home country. That puts paid to my argument then! tongue.gif
armiss
No Champions League Chance For Milan - UEFA

Milan’s hopes of playing in the Champions League next term have been dashed after UEFA Confirmed they have no chance of being given a place.

The Rossoneri were hoping they would be able to squeeze themselves into the competition after both Porto and CSKA Sofia were kicked out of the competition after breaking various UEFA guidelines.

Reports in Italy claimed the Rossoneri had a great chance of being given a place in next season’s competition. However, UEFA have revealed that there is no chance of this happening.

“It is absolutely impossible that Milan play in next season’s Champions League,” said UEFA spokesman, William Gaillard.

“The participants are not chosen based on the highest co-efficient but on the number of teams a country is allowed to enter.

“Therefore there is no possibility whatsoever of Milan playing in the Champions League next season.”

Milan will have to settle for the UEFA Cup as expected. Failure to qualify for the Champions League was down to Milan’s own downfall following a less than perfect campaign.

End of Topic !
biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 6 2008, 11:12 PM)
End of Topic ![/size][/i]    biggrin.gif  laugh.gif

I doubt there was even a chance, given UEFA rules to begin with .. It was all 'pure media fabrication', even Mediaset called it BS.
I_Rossoneri
Oh well, but had we have been an English team...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.