Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55
MizNelson

I'm not a fan of this, personally. It looks something like Tron meets Robocop.
Jack Sparrow
I'm more interested in seeing their away jerseys. How about fluorescent pink this time? biggrin.gif
Tennie
Fishdoll LOVES your sig, Miz. Are they both modelling Armani or something?
Zed.D
Isn't Chelsea's new kit strange? it looks like diving suit... not sure I liked it!
han2503
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 2 2009, 01:04 AM) *

I'm not a fan of this, personally. It looks something like Tron meets Robocop.

dry.gif dry.gif

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 2 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Isn't Chelsea's new kit strange? it looks like diving suit... not sure I liked it!

Expect to see that design implemented into our shirts next season, and if you think it looks baad on a Chelsea shirt, think of how bad it will look along with the stripes.

Adidas haven't come out with a good kit design since the 03/04 season...
kurtsimonw
Don't like it, very poor kit. Though it's unsurprising since it's Adidas.
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 2 2009, 08:56 PM) *
Expect to see that design implemented into our shirts next season, and if you think it looks baad on a Chelsea shirt, think of how bad it will look along with the stripes.

Adidas haven't come out with a good kit design since the 03/04 season...

Why? I don't think so. our 2008-09 kit didn't look like Chelsea's did it?

I hope you're wrong!
kurtsimonw
Just watching MotD. Credit to Arshavin, he went down in the area and the referee gave a penalty. The defender clearly got the ball, but Arshavin pointed towards the corner flag and waved his finger at the ref to say it wasn't a penalty. Fair play to him but the ref still gave it. rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
Nice.

I bet that diving cheat would have rolled around like he'd been hit with a sledgehammer.

I'm talking about Agbonlahor...of course. tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 3 2009, 01:51 AM) *
Nice.

Indeed. Didn't rate him much to be honest before he joined, thought he was very over-rated and unfit for a professional footballer. How he's proved me wrong!

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 3 2009, 01:51 AM) *
I bet that diving cheat would have rolled around like he'd been hit with a sledgehammer.

I'm talking about Agbonlahor...of course. tongue.gif

Nah, Agbonlahor doesn't dive, or cheat. The problem is, he doesn't really do anything else either..
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 2 2009, 04:49 AM) *
Fishdoll LOVES your sig, Miz. Are they both modelling Armani or something?

Here's the image in its entirety.

It was part of an ad campaign from FIBO Steel, an Italian men's jewelry manufacturer, that ran in late 2005.
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 2 2009, 10:58 PM) *
Why? I don't think so. our 2008-09 kit didn't look like Chelsea's did it?

I hope you're wrong!

They're always going to differ a bit since we have stripes and it interferes with the design but if you look at the shirts the only different thing is the collars for some odd reason they are different but the basic design of the shirt is always the same.

2008/2009

The Real Chealse shirts practically look like replicas aside from the colors

2006/2007

They are not all exactly the same but they all have a basic design that differs from one shirt to the other but its minute differences, like the piping that runs on the sides of the shirts is present in all the shirts but deffers slightly from one shirt to the other
Zed.D
It's true that last seasons' kits were similar but this one is sort of a radical design, not many people will like it. it looks like a diving suit ffs. I hope they don't design our kit like that dry.gif

Looks like Adidas has lost it.
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 3 2009, 10:16 AM) *
It's true that last seasons' kits were similar but this one is sort of a radical design, not many people will like it. it looks like a diving suit ffs. I hope they don't design our kit like that dry.gif

Looks like Adidas has lost it.

Hopefully you're right, I can't see those squares along with the stripes, it already looks bad on Chelsea's plain blue, I expect liverpool's to be the same as well.

I always thought nike came out with better shirt designs...
kurtsimonw
Good last day of the Championship.

Birmingham were 2 points ahead of Sheffield United, who were 1 point ahead of Reading. Reading had the best GD, then Sheff U, Birminghams was by far the worse. To make things more interesting, Reading were playing Birmingham. Unfortuately Birmingham beat Reading and Sheff U drew at Palace. Two Midlands teams into the Premier League, as Wolves won the division, not happy about it at all. sad.gif
MizNelson
"Just one thing...if the book does get thrown at Chelsea, how many of the players will immediately dive onto the ground and roll around feigning injury?"

(Football365)

HAH!
kurtsimonw
It's funny how the cheating actions of 2 squad memebers end up getting the whole team labelled like that. We'll see what UEFA do about this, but if that referee ever officiates a European game again, UEFA has quite clearly become a joke under that certain individual.

Villa play at Fulham today. We could be without Ash Young, Petrov and Cuellar which is bad, what's worse is Mark Halsey is the ref. I guarentee a dodgey penalty against us, a controversial goal against us or a perfectly good goal/obvious penalty, not given.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 9 2009, 02:28 PM) *
It's funny how the cheating actions of 2 squad memebers end up getting the whole team labelled like that. We'll see what UEFA do about this, but if that referee ever officiates a European game again, UEFA has quite clearly become a joke under that certain individual.

What cheating actions!? huh.gif

That ref was there because Norway voted Platini for president... that way, there will always be useless officials, it was was him this season it's going to be someone else (or maybe even him again) in the future.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 9 2009, 02:20 PM) *
What cheating actions!? huh.gif

The amount of times Ballack and Drogba dive..
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 9 2009, 04:26 PM) *
The amount of times Ballack and Drogba dive..

Neither of them dived against Barcelona. (I understand we're talking about that match because you talked about the ref in your previous post)

And what does "the book gets thrown at one" mean?
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ May 9 2009, 03:33 PM) *
And what does "the book gets thrown at one" mean?

I think it means UEFA will look for any regulations or rules broken by the Chelsea players.
dst
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Now I get it.

But yeah, as Kurt said, it's basically no more than a couple of Chelsea players who can be labeled divers. (The vast majority of football players dive, I'm talking about constant diving)
Tennie
Fishdoll has to give a cookie to Darren Fletcher. He got a red (and I do think it was the right call) and didn't argue, didn't threaten, didn't pitch a fit. He took the dismissal and walked off the pitch.

Classy behavior and a clear contrast to the behavior of more than one Chelsea player.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 9 2009, 02:48 PM) *
Fishdoll has to give a cookie to Darren Fletcher. He got a red (and I do think it was the right call) and didn't argue, didn't threaten, didn't pitch a fit. He took the dismissal and walked off the pitch.

Classy behavior and a clear contrast to the behavior of more than one Chelsea player.

Agreed. Glad you said it though, because my hands won't let me type out something that positive about a Scot playing for United.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 9 2009, 12:28 PM) *
Villa play at Fulham today. Mark Halsey is the ref. I guarentee a penalty against us.

Fulham 1-0. Penalty. Whoever thought Halsey would do that to us? rolleyes.gif

ASHLEY YOUNG! biggrin.gif

20-odd seconds into the 2nd half, 2-1 Fulham. blink.gif
kurtsimonw
United 2-0 City

Ronaldo scored another free-kick. Tevez scored, though I'll have to watch the repeat to make sure it was him. I was under the impression he didn't know how to play football. United need 4 points to take the title. They play Wigan on Wednesday, Arsenal next weekend.

Arsenal 1-4 Chelsea.

Well and truly owned. Former boys Anelka and Cole were superb. Alex, Anlkea,T oure (OG) made it 3-0, Bendtner scored, Malouda finished it off.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2009, 03:17 AM) *
Arsenal 1-4 Chelsea.

Well and truly owned. Former boys Anelka and Cole were superb. Alex, Anlkea,T oure (OG) made it 3-0, Bendtner scored, Malouda finished it off.

Doesn't mean sh*t, we had nothing to play for at all.
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 11 2009, 12:21 PM) *
Doesn't mean sh*t, we had nothing to play for at all.

You were owned by them in the FA Cup semi too and besides, Chelsea had nothing to play for either. These kids have shown no balls lately, Arsenal need a couple of BIG players, I don't believe Wenger will buy anyone that's not talented-enough-to-become-big-in-the-future though.

If it was not for Arshavin Arsenal would probably not be in 4th place right now but I can see more Ramsey's and Nasri's coming in this summer.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ May 11 2009, 11:42 AM) *
You were owned by them in the FA Cup semi too and besides, Chelsea had nothing to play for either. These kids have shown no balls lately, Arsenal need a couple of BIG players, I don't believe Wenger will buy anyone that's not talented-enough-to-become-big-in-the-future though.

If it was not for Arshavin Arsenal would probably not be in 4th place right now but I can see more Ramsey's and Nasri's coming in this summer.

No, but Chelsea were clinical, that's the difference. We created like 15 more chances than them but just couldn't get anything from them. And Chelse'a first goal came from a free-kick given for a classic Drogba dive.
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 11 2009, 05:29 PM) *
No, but Chelsea were clinical, that's the difference. We created like 15 more chances than them but just couldn't get anything from them. And Chelse'a first goal came from a free-kick given for a classic Drogba dive.

I just don't think the fact that you had nothing to play for is the reason why you lost. Like you said, you did create some chances so it's not like they were lazy or anything.

Anyway... what would you like to see happen in the summer?

OUT: Firstly, I'd give Ramsey and Wilshere on loan. Denilson MUST be kicked out, Gallas too. Bendtner surely. In case some club (...) is stupid enough to offer you 30m for Adebayor you should accept it. You can get Villa or Benzema for that money or maybe a little more. Sell Nasri.

IN: NO MORE ****ING 16 YEAR OLDS!!! Undoubtedly a big, strong, indefatigable DMF must join the club. I don't know who, FIND HIM! Replace Ade with either of those two if it's possible, bring in a good substitute in Bendtner's place: EASY, anyone's better than Noclass Bendtner. Get Senderos back. Get a CMF in Nasri's place

Secondary: This is not a priority but if everything else is covered with minimum cost I'd get a LB of Sagna's demote Clichy to the bench and send Gibbs out on loan.
A better player than Diaby should also be found.

Almunia
Sagna - Kolo - Djourou - Clichy/LB
--------DMF--------
Fabregas - CMF
Arshavin---------
---------van Persie
FW

Now that's an English side!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 11 2009, 04:15 PM) *
Almunia
--------DMF--------
Fabregas - CMF
Arshavin---------
---------van Persie
FW

Walcott should be in there! Although, based on his finishing against Chelsea, he doesn't deserve it, he should have scored a few.

I do think Arsenal had something to play for, 3rd place. Finishing 3rd means you're in the CL, finish 4th and you have a chance of playing a tough team in qualifying due to the new way they do it. Not much, but still something. There's still a few holes in the team, a commanding CB, a defensive midfielder and a poacher.. but finding top quality players at prices Wenger will be willing to pay may prove difficult.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ May 11 2009, 05:15 PM) *
I just don't think the fact that you had nothing to play for is the reason why you lost. Like you said, you did create some chances so it's not like they were lazy or anything.

Anyway... what would you like to see happen in the summer?

OUT: Firstly, I'd give Ramsey and Wilshere on loan. Denilson MUST be kicked out, Gallas too. Bendtner surely. In case some club (...) is stupid enough to offer you 30m for Adebayor you should accept it. You can get Villa or Benzema for that money or maybe a little more. Sell Nasri.

IN: NO MORE ****ING 16 YEAR OLDS!!! Undoubtedly a big, strong, indefatigable DMF must join the club. I don't know who, FIND HIM! Replace Ade with either of those two if it's possible, bring in a good substitute in Bendtner's place: EASY, anyone's better than Noclass Bendtner. Get Senderos back. Get a CMF in Nasri's place

Secondary: This is not a priority but if everything else is covered with minimum cost I'd get a LB of Sagna's demote Clichy to the bench and send Gibbs out on loan.
A better player than Diaby should also be found.

Almunia
--------DMF--------
Fabregas - CMF
Arshavin---------
---------van Persie
FW

I'm not saying we lost because we didn't care, what I meant is that this loss is no big deal as it effects very, very little.

OUT: Gallas, Eboue.

IN: Zapata, Srna/Zhirkov, Villa/Tevez. I'm sure I can think of more, but those are the names who come straight off the top of my mind.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Walcott should be in there! Although, based on his finishing against Chelsea, he doesn't deserve it, he should have scored a few.

I don't think Walcott should be in the first XI. He should play the vast majority of the games on rotation or as a sub though.

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 11 2009, 06:24 PM) *
OUT: Gallas, Eboue.

IN: Zapata, Srna/Zhirkov, Villa/Tevez. I'm sure I can think of more, but those are the names who come straight off the top of my mind.

I truly don't like Eboue but that's mostly because Wenger fields him at RMF. As a sub for the RB position I think he's very good. Srna is a RB and Zhirkov a LB... do you want both of them?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 11 2009, 04:30 PM) *
I don't think Walcott should be in the first XI. He should play the vast majority of the games on rotation or as a sub though.

I think he has to play on the basis that he's there best wide player at the club right now.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ May 11 2009, 05:30 PM) *

I truly don't like Eboue but that's mostly because Wenger fields him at RMF. As a sub for the RB position I think he's very good. Srna is a RB and Zhirkov a LB... do you want both of them?

I put a slash in there didn't I? So that means one of them. And Eboue isn't any better at RB than at RMF.
The only difference is that his co*k-ups in defence tends to have more serious consequences.
kurtsimonw
Newcastle 3-1 Boro. Newcastles first home win of 2009. blink.gif

Still very close at the bottom!

Sunderland 36
Newcastle 34
Hull 34
Boro 31
WBA 31

Next Weekend
Bolton vs Hull
Boro vs Villa
Newcastle vs Fulham
West Brom vs Liverpool
Portsmouth vs Sunderland

Final Weekend
Villa vs Newcastle
Blackburn vs West Brom
Hull vs Man U
Sunderland vs Chelsea
West Ham vs Boro

Hull to beat Bolton next week, Fulham/Newcastle to be a draw, then Newcastle HAVE TO beat us or they're down.. it's conceivable that they're still going down, but unfortunately I think they're safe. sad.gif
dst
Newcastle won? WOW!

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 11 2009, 06:39 PM) *
I put a slash in there didn't I? So that means one of them. And Eboue isn't any better at RB than at RMF.
The only difference is that his co*k-ups in defence tends to have more serious consequences.

Yeah you did I was just confused... does this mean you rate neither Sagna nor Clichy very highly?

Like I said as a sub I don't think he's bad. But surely he can be replaced, it won't cost much.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ May 11 2009, 11:29 PM) *
Yeah you did I was just confused... does this mean you rate neither Sagna nor Clichy very highly?

Like I said as a sub I don't think he's bad. But surely he can be replaced, it won't cost much.

No, I rate them both but we desperately need defensive back-ups, especially on the flanks.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (dst @ May 12 2009, 03:59 AM) *
Newcastle won? WOW!

Dude? huh.gif We're the best f@cking club in England man!! Fuggedabboutit!!
kurtsimonw
Sheff United vs Burnley will be the play-off final. Hopefully Sheff U win, they were wrongly relegated in the first place.

Dean Kiely.. the linesman
kurtsimonw
Some terrible kits for next season.. blink.gif

Chelsea GK

Leeds home

Wolves home & away

Liverpool away (quite nice actually)

Arsenal away (also quite nice)

Everton away (possibly the most horrible looking kit I've ever seen!)

MizNelson
Good heavens. That Chelsea GK outfit just screams, "Take me to your leader, Earthling."

I'd give a thumbs-up to Everton's kit if this were Miami circa 1985. But it's not, and so the less said about it, the better.
dst
The Wolves and Leeds ones make my eyes hurt!
Suhail 3
well i reckon sunderland are safe tbh its the others that are still in it
Tennie
Fishdoll cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

Villa's Laursen forced to retire

Aston Villa captain Martin Laursen has announced his retirement after conceding defeat in his battle against persistent knee problems.

The 31-year-old former Denmark international suffered his latest injury against West Ham in December and has since made only one appearance.

"Five months ago I was flying, I was on top of my game," said Laursen, who made an unsuccessful return in March.

"But I can't recover from my injury - so I've got to retire. "

Laursen, who made 91 appearances and scored 11 goals for Villa, admitted his decision was taken to help safeguard his long-term health.

He said: "I've spent a while making up my mind, thinking about things. Deciding whether I wanted to go ahead with an operation and see if I could come back or whether I should retire.

"It would have been a big and difficult operation. At this point, I think it's better for my health and future life to say 'that's it'."

Manager Martin O'Neill praised the leadership qualities that persuaded him to make Laursen skipper at the beginning of this campaign.

"We've missed his defensive qualities, we've missed his goals at the other end, but mainly we've missed his influence in the team," he told BBC Radio Five Live.

"Over the last couple of seasons the influence he has exerted has really been terrific."

It had been hoped that as Laursen's most recent injury was to his right knee, which has been problem-free through his career, he would recover to play again this season.

But after aggravating the joint during Villa's win over West Brom in January, he underwent surgery and then suffered a further reaction during a training trip to Dubai in April.

Despite signing from the Italian club in 2004, the majority of his appearances came in the last two seasons as he seemed to overcome the complaints that blighted the start of his Villa Park career.

He was an ever-present in the Villa line-up last term, winning the fans' player-of-the-season award, and in his absence they have slumped from third to a distant fifth in the top flight this season.

O'Neill's own playing days were ended by a similar injury and he has sympathy for the difficult decision Laursen faced.

"It's soul-searching, it's heart-wrenching. Even when you reach the ripe old age of 30, 31 you still always think you are going to play. In your mind you are still 19, but then suddenly it is all taken away from you," he said.

"It is hard to come to terms with, certainly immediately. It took me about eight years."

(from bbc)
kurtsimonw
Was absoloutely gutted when I heard the news, will be a huge miss to the club. But obviously his future health is more importand.

Last goal for Villa..

His last ever game at the club was at home to West Brom, which is a good way to finish I suppose, captaining your team to victory over local rivals! biggrin.gif

..Thankyou Martin!
Zed.D
Bah. yet another title for Man U!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 16 2009, 03:45 PM) *

Damn we could have won this, Fabregas smacked the post 7 minutes from full time!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 16 2009, 02:45 PM) *

So many late winners in the past 10 games, but I guess that's what makes champions.

Can't see anyone stopping them next year either, if they keep their number 7 anyway.
dst
I can't see them winning next season. They are the best team but they won't be as hungry as they have been. It remains to be seen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.