Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 03/10/07 - UCL - Celtic vs. AC Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
armiss
from now please dont forget Berlusconi money and strikers long story
agenth
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 3 2007, 09:54 PM)
How embarrassing what Dida did... everyone will be laughing at the champions of Europe tonight!  sad.gif

Goodnight fellas...

PS Grazie to those who deserve it...

tonight?
buddy, thats going to be the laugh of the century...
Zed.D
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 4 2007, 12:18 AM)
No we are not, Dida is though.

The team is pathetic for not being able to score a single goal other than penalty.

And Dida... he is SUPER PATHETIC...

Galliani should be hanged for renewing Dida's contract.
armiss
QUOTE (mchanna @ Oct 4 2007, 01:32 AM)
tonight?
buddy, thats going to be the laugh of the century...

as we had in istanbul rolleyes.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 3 2007, 04:04 PM)
The team is pathetic for not being able to score a single goal other than penalty.

stop it ur insulting a member of milan , we are not allowed to see this seeing as we live in a totalitarian regime rolleyes.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 3 2007, 03:04 PM)

It's not the players fault. It's the management.

Dida? Different story... He should be ashamed of himself as a (not the right term for someone without balls) man...
agenth
I'VE GOT IT, I know.
I have the ONLY explanation as to WHY dida did this:
He's secretely a nerazzurro.

Okay, I'm crazy, but seriously, WHY?!?!
armiss
we are now a complex of jokes for others
KillerMax
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Oct 3 2007, 03:06 PM)
stop it ur insulting a member of milan , we are not allowed to see this seeing as we live in a totalitarian regime rolleyes.gif

No need for any of that here. The problem is with Milan, not any of the members on this forum. Let's look at our problems objectively and stay away from any sort of personal mockery...
Fillipo Simone
The team had no mentality.

Gourcuff. Was a refreshment but did nothing special. Just as I expected he is not up to our expectations. There you are, he is just fitting into our lethargy and impotence.

Dida. I never in my life saw a keeper deteriorate on such a level. Last season he was week but still good enough. This season he is amateur level. Sad to see such a great player totally gone. And someone in the keeper section of ou club should be fired. Whoever did not see throughout the summer preparations that Dida is not even Serie B class should lose his job. HONESTLY...

Attack. We should try play without them. Carlo likes the 3 DM. So let's play a 4-6-0 system. Ambro-Pirlo-Rino-Emerson-Kaka-Seedorf-Gourcuff. SERIOUSLY

Carlo. Poor Carletto. What to do now? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Milan - one insluting simulation by Dida, one non-existant penalty on Yohann.
We need a restart now. Ancelotti, Galliani - stop deny the crisis. We are in deep sh@t,..

Good night everyone, awfull dreams,.. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
bigmacmtl
thankfully the hockey season start tonight and i'll be able to get my mind off this cuz what dida did is not forgivable. instead of hurrying up the play he wastes time for his own selfish reasons cuz he was so embarrassed. i dunno how anyone in the team can respect him after that.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 3 2007, 03:10 PM)
Good night everyone, awfull dreams,.. mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

laugh.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Oct 3 2007, 03:10 PM)
what dida did is not forgivable. instead of hurrying up the play he wastes time for his own selfish reasons cuz he was so embarrassed. i dunno how anyone in the team can respect him after that.

Perfectly put.
Fillipo Simone
P.S. - stop waste time on Dida. Stop thinking what Europe will think of us. We are stronger when everyone expects us to fail.

But we have, beside of these two problems, other more serious ones,.. ohmy.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 3 2007, 04:09 PM)
No need for any of that here. The problem is with Milan, not any of the members on this forum. Let's look at our problems objectively and stay away from any sort of personal mockery...

i'm on recycling what others of said, if it comes out as mockery it's because what was they said in the first place was ridiculous. being persecuted cuz i dint think the team was up for (during the summer) is not fun so i think they should hear.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 3 2007, 03:13 PM)
P.S. - stop waste time on Dida. Stop thinking what Europe will think of us. We are stronger when everyone expects us to fail.

But we have, beside of these two problems, other more serious ones,.. ohmy.gif

Yep. And I've yet to hear anything serious from Silvio. Anyone else think he might be a little ill/ too old to function? He is not the lively figure that he used to be.
Zed.D
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 4 2007, 12:37 AM)
Dida? Different story... He should be ashamed of himself as a (not the right term for someone without balls) man...

laugh.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Oct 3 2007, 03:14 PM)
i'm on recycling what others of said, if it comes out as mockery it's because what was they said in the first place was ridiculous. being persecuted cuz i dint think the team was up for (during the summer) is not fun so i think they should hear.

And what will that accomplish? Nothing. Be the bigger man. wink.gif
mishie
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Oct 3 2007, 09:14 PM)

nothing like that has been said tonight so we'll leave it in the past ok.
everybody has given thoughtful and constructive posts so far including yourself so we'll try and carry on in that way
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 3 2007, 04:16 PM)
And what will that accomplish? Nothing. Be the bigger man. wink.gif

kk fine
bigmacmtl
on a constructive note, it's been said that it's important to have gattuso and ambro with pirlo since it frees him up. it's clearly not working and even in europe. pirlo should have all the space in the world but he isnt so carlo tactics arent working.
redbabies
The only possible trophy to win this season is the Club World Cup, which I also doubt we can win with this kind of performance.

Shame, shame, shame... mad.gif
Zed.D
@ bigmacmtl

What's the matter with you?!

puke.gif
gawlo
I won't write any long article about how this team perform now. Only three facts. We need a world class striker to fill the gap after Sheva departure (weird, it's 2 season and we even didn't strength this formation). If Milan Lab is so wonderful maybe just by mistake they didn't notice that Ronaldo is prone for injuries, Inzaghi can't play all game in a season and Gilardino is "almost a good striker"?

Now about a game: Gourcoff is for sure the Man Of The Match with Celtic. 1. Own goal, 2. He stayed as the last defender, so Celtic last minute goal could be allowed.

Did you look what he did in penalty area when Milan lost first goal? Just before corner kick he looks to the ground and his hand was screwing his nose, when he woke up his leg put the ball to the own net. Lack of concentration. I'm asking myself always for what Milan is buying young players, then is starting media campaign about their abilities when Carlo don't give them a chance. How many games Gourcoff played this season, he? How many games he played last season? How can achieve more experience in that way..... I've simply have enough...
whoarethepatriots
Expectations are now going to be rock bottom for me, for at least a week
misha
The game wasn't broadcasted here but now,after reading all the comments, I'm not so sorry about that smile.gif

Just saw the goals. Dida has been playing bad for a long toime now. This is the third year he has been playing below the level a Milan keeper should be. At least now, our management (late as usual), will understant that a better keeper is needed.

Now,we need to take 4 points from Shakhtar.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 3 2007, 04:26 PM)
@ bigmacmtl

What's the matter with you?! 

puke.gif

lol ? what? huh.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Oct 4 2007, 01:27 AM)
lol ? what? huh.gif

nothing... forget it.
Nova
Another loss ...

And yet again no striker scored .

Things aint looking good sad.gif

I never can see the wednesday games cause of work , so i missed out on this one and the defeat last week... So I want a win this weekend !!!

But as long as we're playing with inzaghi or Gilardino , things will continue like this. I just hope we can survive the group stages , otherwise we cant use pato in europa . and then what ...

Cmon guys !! Forza Milan !!! devilsmiley.gif
Zed.D
Well well... excuses have arrived, right from Carlo's big mouth: the pitch was wet and slippery! opponents were taller and outplayed us in aerial play! we played a great match and definitely didn't deserve to lose. etc. [no referee mistakes this time Carlo?! rolleyes.gif]

Now we have a very tough game with Lazio which I can see us losing points again and going one step lower.
Nova
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 3 2007, 11:37 PM)
Well well... excuses have arrived, right from Carlo's big mouth: the pitch was wet and slippery! opponents were taller and outplayed us in aerial play! we played a great match and definitely didn't deserve to lose. etc. [no referee mistakes this time Carlo?! rolleyes.gif]

Now we have a very tough game with Lazio which I can see us losing points again and going one step lower.

I dont think anyone can blame Carlo. If there are no signings , its because of berlusconi & galliani .

Carlo playes what he thinks is the strongest team and from I've read , Milan didnt played bad .

Unless Ronaldo & Pato are making it to the team , I dont see any changes. sad.gif

The only thing we can do is wait and hope this storm will go over .
arivanjj
performance getting worse and worse by each match... just pathetic... a match full of uncontrolled passes and miss passes... no confidence and no determination. really sad!

and believe me ronaldo and pato won't change a damn thing unless the whole team get their act together!
fresh_prince7
Very disappointing result. We were terrible, but in all fairness celtic weren't any better. I thought gourcuff played well, he made some good runs. He had good chance to score but didnt pull the trigger.

Dida's dive was disgraceful. For all the talent these guys possess.. if they played AFL, they'd know what a hit is, at times I can't believe how soft players are. Just before the corner nesta wanted a free for a little shove wen he had a handful of the celtic players jersey. And gourcuff went down softly with a brush to the face. I hate the softness and diving aspect of this game, particularly when were involved in it.

As far as the penalty ambrosini won, even if the contact was there.. surely common sense should prevail.. he was never going to reach that ball. Hence it shouldnt be a penalty.

The first celtic goal, what the hell was dida doing? He was no where.

We've reached a new low tonight.

Kaka' as usual has played his heart out this season, but he is struggling to make his usual impact. Most of his goals are from the penalty spot and that speaks for itself. We simply can't score in open play.

Very sad night, its going to be a difficult season.

Anyway Forza Milan! Lets hope for better days soon.

Just as a side note, if the buffon rumour is true, thats the worst decision ever. That and not doing more to get zlatan. Good luck pato, the management only expects 30 goals out of you in the second half of the season. No pressure on you at all. rolleyes.gif
arivanjj
Ancelotti analyses Milan crisis

Carlo Ancelotti condemned the “serious” pitch invasion at Parkhead, but was more concerned with the state of the field itself.

The big headlines came from a fan who struck Nelson Dida as he ran on to celebrate the winning goal and the ‘keeper was stretchered off.

“I haven’t spoken to Dida and did not see what happened. We’ll have to ask Dida how he is, but it is serious for a fan to come on to the pitch,” noted Ancelotti.

“This really should not happen. I don’t even want to think about legal ramifications, that has nothing to do with me.”

The club has now confirmed it will not lodge an appeal against Celtic, nor will Dida press charges against the unidentified fan, who escaped the clutches of the authorities.

Ancelotti had other concerns on his mind after yet another dismal result for his team, losing 2-1 away to Celtic.

“We played well enough on a very wet pitch that made it difficult for our style of play. Things went alright in terms of the team performance and we allowed Celtic only two shots, one of which was from a corner kick. They are better at the physical side of things and it worked for them.

“I do not think we were inefficient upfront, because we could not play our usual way. It was simply impossible, so we had to try to be more physical and not play the ball quite so much to feet.”

The driving rain throughout the match made conditions tricky in Glasgow and that inevitably affected the standard of football from both teams.

“Celtic are certainly very different at home than they are away. They had the advantage of playing on a pitch we just weren’t used to, as it was extremely difficult to control the ball on such a slippery surface and there were many errors caused by that,” continued Ancelotti.

“Scottish football has improved a great deal, just look at Rangers’ 3-0 win at Lyon last night. It would have been unthinkable a few years ago.”

Without a Serie A win since Week 1 and suffering a rare Champions League defeat after their opening 2-1 over Benfica, it is crisis time for the Rossoneri.

“We must slowly improve. We played in an organised and fairly focused way for most of this match and that is what we have to stick with. That is the path to improvement.”

Channel4
fresh_prince7
I watched both games too ari. rolleyes.gif

Theres 4 hrs i'll never get back. Both were shocking games from the finalists of last season.

^^

WTF.. "struck" OMG.. this is more embarrassing then our situation.

UNF*CKENBELIEVABLE!
arivanjj
this man is unbelievable... he doesn't remember last year Manchester's game rain was pouring down and we beat them 3 - 0.
arivanjj
QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ Oct 4 2007, 09:14 AM)
I watched both games too ari. rolleyes.gif

Theres 4 hrs i'll never get back. Both were shocking games from the finalists of last season.

i felt asleep halfway through liverpool one. woulda been the same for Milan game if i wasn't a fan!
misha
QUOTE (Nova @ Oct 4 2007, 12:30 AM)
Another loss ...

And yet again no striker scored .

Things aint looking good  sad.gif

I never can see the wednesday games cause of work , so i missed out on this one and the defeat last week... So I want a win this weekend !!!

But as long as we're playing with inzaghi or Gilardino , things will continue like this. I just hope we can survive the group stages , otherwise we cant use pato in europa . and then what ...
Cmon guys !! Forza Milan !!!  devilsmiley.gif

Well, Uefa cup ain't so bad biggrin.gif j.k.

There is no magic in this things. Last year when we were playing bad in the league (autumn), we had also difficulties in the group stage. There is no such thing playing bad in the league and then turn all around and play great in europe. Last year the the good performances in the CL (spring) came after we had a good run in the league: some players were back from injuries, some found their best form and the whole Ronaldo and Oddo transfers helped to make the change. We just need to qualify and later on things might change (and might not of course. depends on many thing).
arivanjj
UEFA to investigate Dida attack

UEFA will investigate the incident where a Celtic fan struck Nelson Dida, even though Milan have confirmed they will not appeal.

Moments after Scott McDonald’s last-minute winner at Celtic Park, a fan rushed out from the stands and clipped the goalkeeper round the ear.

The extent of the contact wasn’t entirely clear, although Dida was taken off on a stretcher. The Brazilian has since told police he will not press charges against the assailant.

It is the second time Dida has been involved in crowd trouble, as in the 2005 Champions League quarter-finals against Inter he was struck by a flare thrown from the stands at San Siro.

The game had to be abandoned as the fireworks continued to rain down on the pitch, making play impossible.

Milan – who were leading 1-0 at the time – were given the 3-0 victory and Inter were fined £132,000 as well as being forced to play the next four European matches behind closed doors.

The Rossoneri confirmed they have no intention of lodging an appeal against the 2-1 defeat in Glasgow, but Celtic could be heavily punished for the infraction.

UEFA director of communications William Gaillard told BBC Sport that the reports from the referee and match delegate had to come in before they would act.

Channel4
arivanjj
ohh please.. the poor fan just thanked Dida for his service! still can't believe he could do something like that. sleep.gif
kurtsimonw
I can't believe how bad we were. The only comfort I had in Dida, was the fact that he is so bad that he couldn't possibly get any worse. He proved me wrong. rolleyes.gif

We always struggle at Celtic, but we may as well have played our reserves, that was a shocking display from everyone on the field.
Tennie
I hope that if Celtic are punished, it's a mild one. No harm was done and our player humiliated himself (and the team) in front of the whole world.

The Celtic fans are - the occasional Rangers matches aside - a very very good group of supporters who don't deserve a stadium ban.
dst
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Oct 3 2007, 11:58 PM)
thats my my point, and thats why why i had it in quotations. he dint win us anything, it was the team and he played well in the process.

Of course he didn't win it on his own... but he was world-class back then!

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 4 2007, 12:10 AM)
And someone in the keeper section of ou club should be fired. Whoever did not see throughout the summer preparations that Dida is not even Serie B class should lose his job. HONESTLY...

Who said they didn't see it?

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 4 2007, 02:15 AM)
this man is unbelievable... he doesn't remember last year Manchester's game rain was pouring down and we beat them 3 - 0.

D'oh! Last year it was Milan rain... we're used to it... this... this Glascow rain is so think and weird... and also... our players were wearing waterproof underwear! This time we brought some but they were stolen at the airport... it was probably the same guy that almost killed poor Dida! Plus, Rangers won 3-0 at Lyon do not forget that! Some people are just ignorant...

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 4 2007, 03:02 AM)
We always struggle at Celtic...

Yet we had never lost before! Tonight was our worst performance ever against them!
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 4 2007, 02:12 AM)
Yet we had never lost before! Tonight was our worst performance ever against them!

We are breaking many 'records' recently...
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 4 2007, 10:12 AM)
D'oh! Last year it was Milan rain... we're used to it... this... this Glascow rain is so think and weird... and also... our players were wearing waterproof underwear! This time we brought some but they were stolen at the airport... it was probably the same guy that almost killed poor Dida! Plus, Rangers won 3-0 at Lyon do not forget that! Some people are just ignorant...
laugh.gif laugh.gif

arivanjj
Dida incident analysis

sleep.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 4 2007, 01:11 AM)

this is Refering to what strachan had to say ..... so what they beat us in the group stages big deal i cant wait for our home game and i hope rangers kick there butts in SPL to tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Oct 4 2007, 01:31 AM)
this is Refering to what strachan had to say ..... so what they beat us in the group stages big deal i cant wait for our home game and  i hope rangers kick there butts in SPL to  tongue.gif

Our home game?

If I remember correctly they were very, very unlucky last time around. For starters we couldn't beat them in 90 minutes, we were very lucky not to give away numerous penalties, too.

Rangers win the league? laugh.gif laugh.gif
Il Capitano
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 3 2007, 11:27 PM)
ohh please.. the poor fan just thanked Dida for his service! still can't believe he could do something like that. sleep.gif

LOL..exactly my thought, He was so happy that he wanted to celebrate with Dida.

Dida is a disgrace. WTF, it was only a clap on the cheek. He didn't have to put on all that show just to get some sympathy from us.

Right now we got to many Hollywood stars in the squad, we need champions. Maybe the management should hire Roy keane to show them how a real man should act.
MizNelson
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 3 2007, 04:26 PM)
UEFA to investigate Dida attack

UEFA will investigate the incident where a Celtic fan struck Nelson Dida, even though Milan have confirmed they will not appeal.

I doubt much will come out of it anyway. The worst that could happen is that Celtic will get fined a few grand and/or Dida may get busted for simulation. Celtic shouldn't be raked over the coals for this.

I just don't understand why he would pull such a stunt; he's not the type who would just flip out like that. I'm hoping that maybe he was attempting (futilely) to get extra time added on for Milan to try and equalize.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.