Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 07/08
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Sep 15 2007, 04:55 PM)
congrats locke i'm pretty happy for arsenals start. in the end i'm happy as long as united and liverpool dont win the title but it's nice to see the gunners do well considering know one gave them a chance.

Yeah, this is one of the sweetest derby's in years.
Tottenham spend several hundred millions and all summer we have to put up with all this "Tottenham will overthrow Arsenal" shite.
Now its 13 points in 5 games and 11 PL matches unbeaten.
10 goals in 5 games.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 15 2007, 04:01 PM)
Yeah, this is one of the sweetest derby's in years.
Tottenham spend several hundred millions and all summer we have to put up with all this "Tottenham will overthrow Arsenal" shite.
Now its 13 points in 5 games and 11 PL matches unbeaten.
10 goals in 5 games.

I must say, I'm certainly not Arsenal's biggest fan, but I'm very impressed.

All summer it's been Spurs will take 4th and Liverpool will make a huge challenge for the title. Arsenal have been pushed aside as though they won't do anything. Arsenal have been much more impressive than Liverpool thus far, and I think they will continue to be.

Congrats on the derby win Locke.
kurtsimonw
Sheva was played through, his first tough took it too close to the keeper though. Should have scored. sad.gif
Locke Lamora
Holy SH1T look at Mourinho's face! laugh.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 15 2007, 05:56 PM)
Holy SH1T look at Mourinho's face! laugh.gif

Mourinho after Sheva's miss:

"You son of a b...!" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Kalou just had a goal disallowed for offside.

I'm not sure if it was given for the ball through, or the ball played accross goal, but both times the players were onside. Poor decision for the linesman.
kurtsimonw
Great play from Malouda down the right, superb ball in, Sheva should have scored with the header, great save by Friedel nonetheless. Samba fell over as he tried to head it away and Sheva gave him a real whack on the back of the head, looked very painful.
Portman
Unbelievable how mediocre is Shevchenko nowadays.
I think now everyone understands Mourinho. By far the worst player in the team.

PS: And yes... Chelsea IS MISSING Robben.
kurtsimonw
Chelsea 0-0 Blackburn FT
Chelsea were much better and have a goal wrongfully disallowed, but still. Very poor.

Last two games - no goals, 1 point and two very average performances. The title is wide open this year.
Rossoneri7
Arsenal are gunning for the title. And they will get there by the end of the season king.gif

Did u guys see their third goal, brilliance. And Cesc rolleyes.gif Ohh my, 2 assists and a goal king.gif
Jack Sparrow
Sell Ronaldo, buy Fabregas. tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 15 2007, 12:30 PM)
Sell Ronaldo, buy Fabregas. tongue.gif

Now only if we could sell him by the kilo. By the way, have I told you how much I love you arivan? tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
By the way, have I told you how much I love you arivan? tongue.gif

In tons if I remember correctly...wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 15 2007, 07:04 PM)
Now only if we could sell him by the kilo. By the way, have I told you how much I love you arivan? tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
misha
Sell Gila, buy Huntelaar
Sell Dida, buy somebody with good hands sleep.gif
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Sep 15 2007, 09:13 PM)
PS: And yes... Chelsea IS MISSING Robben.

Indeed, he was nowhere to be found in the stands!! rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Just watching the North London derby highlights.. Robinson made horrible attempts on the first two goals.

-He tried to punch the ball away, but was beaten to it by Adebayour.
-Taking nothing away from Fabregas' striker, but he was beaten to his right, and used his left hand to try and save it. unsure.gif

The 3rd was a tremendous goal, nothing could have been done about that.

3 words: Carson for England or James for England. Just not Robbo. rolleyes.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 15 2007, 09:58 PM)
Just watching the North London derby highlights.. Robinson made horrible attempts on the first two goals.

-He tried to punch the ball away, but was beaten to it by Adebayour.
-Taking nothing away from Fabregas' striker, but he was beaten to his right, and used his left hand to try and save it.  unsure.gif

The 3rd was a tremendous goal, nothing could have been done about that.

3 words: Carson for England or James for England. Just not Robbo.  rolleyes.gif

Gotta agree with you there, but remember that Adebayor is one of the physically most intimidating players in the league. I think Robinson hoped his defenders would clear it, paniced and just threw himself forward.
Cesc's goal was great indeed, but I think Robinson expected him to pass it on to Adebayor or Van Persie, as Fabregas is more of a passer than a long distance shooter.
The third goal, well... cool.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 15 2007, 10:30 PM)
Gotta agree with you there, but remember that Adebayor is one of the physically most intimidating players in the league. I think Robinson hoped his defenders would clear it, paniced and just threw himself forward.
Cesc's goal was great indeed, but I think Robinson expected him to pass it on to Adebayor or Van Persie, as Fabregas is more of a passer than a long distance shooter.

I thought goals were going to be your problem this year. I didn't really rate Adebayour and Fabregas could just about do everything except score.

They've both proved me wrong and are on real form. van Persie's been a little disappointing recently though, which is a surprise.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 16 2007, 01:30 AM)

My hat is tipped off for Arsenals performance today! With no defence (Gilberto rolleyes.gif ) ... The Gunners made a HUGE impact in teh second half.

And Jol rolleyes.gif I mean, has he been showed the door yet biggrin.gif (wouldn't u like that tongue.gif )
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 16 2007, 12:02 AM)
And Jol  rolleyes.gif I mean, has he been showed the door yet biggrin.gif (wouldn't u like that tongue.gif )

Nah, he can stay.
I'd rather have Jol farting around WHL than some sort of proper manager.
Well, now its Sevilla on wednesday, really looking forward to it.
misha
Nice goal by Johnson.

City - Vila 1:0 51min

EDIT: FT 1:0
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 16 2007, 09:38 AM)
Nah, he can stay.
I'd rather have Jol farting around WHL than some sort of proper manager.
Well, now its Sevilla on wednesday, really looking forward to it.

Jol has been brilliant for Spurs, made sure they are in the UEFA Cup each year and actually challenging for it. I think the 3 cups they were knocked out of last season, 2 of the opposition went onto win it. How do the board repay him? By trying to tap up some other manager rolleyes.gif All respect in the club is lost and yes it will be a matter of time before Jol gets the boot or he resigns.

However he is still a very good manager in my opinion.
kurtsimonw
Very annoying game today.

We need a real finisher in our team, we should have won comfortabley, should is a big word in football though. Credit to Citeh.
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 16 2007, 08:58 PM)
Very annoying game today.

We need a real finisher in our team, we should have won comfortabley, should is a big word in football though. Credit to Citeh.

Carew is useless. Too bad, I actually lost some money because of them.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 16 2007, 07:04 PM)
Carew is useless. Too bad, I actually lost some money because of them.

Nah, he's alright. He has a good scoring record just about everywhere but Villa, playing l ike that though, I don't see too much trouble for us getting into the top 7/8.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 16 2007, 07:04 PM)
Carew is useless.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 15 2007, 11:58 PM)
-Taking nothing away from Fabregas' striker, but he was beaten to his right, and used his left hand to try and save it.  unsure.gif

I don't think that's wrong... I mean, I've seen Cech do that many times! It probably has something to do with whether the keeper is going up or down at that moment...
misha
Football was the winner at the City Ground when Leicester gifted Nottingham Forest a goal but still won their Carling Cup clash.

Three weeks earlier the original game between the sides was abandoned after Leicester defender Clive Clarke collapsed in the dressing room at half-time.

Forest were leading 1-0 at the time and when the game was played again, Leicester insisted that they gift the home side their goal advantage.

From the kick-off Leicester stood to one side to allow goalkeeper Paul Smith to stroll through and give Forest back their lead.

Leicester boss Gary Megson said: "It was something that the chairman, chief executive and myself decided two or three days ago.

"We felt it was morally right for us to come here and start 1-0 behind in reacting to what went on three weeks ago.

"As a football club we felt it was the right way to behave and it was a gesture meant in the spirit of the game.

Honourable

"I had a chat with Forest manager Colin Calderwood 20 minutes before the kick-off to explain what we had in mind but it was kept very quiet until just before the start.

"Obviously, it turned out right for us because we have made the gesture and ended up winning the game and going through to a very attractive tie against Aston Villa next week."

Colin Calderwood added: "Leicester felt it was the correct thing to do and I must admit it took us back a little bit to start with.

"But it was an honourable gesture and I would like to think that football in general has come out of the game as the winner.

"I think the crowd took it in the spirit that it was intended but I can't help but feel disappointed and hurt that we didn't go on to win the game.

Marvellous

"I thought Leicester were better than us in the first half but we produced a marvellous performance in the second and we were within touching distance of going through.

"But football has a habit of biting your backside and that is what has happened again for us when we conceded two goals in the last three minutes.

"We were very good last season at not leaking late goals and it is something we have got to sort out."

After Smith's 'walk-through' opener, Leicester equalised from an Alan Sheehan free-kick on the half-hour and looked as though they might take a grip on the game.

But Nathan Tyson restored Forest's lead in the 64th minute when he moved on to a pass from Kris Commons to beat Marton Fulop.

At that stage it looked as though Forest would go through but their former manager had the last word when he got his first victory as Leicester boss thanks to two goals in the last three minutes.

Richard Stearman forced home an 87th-minute equaliser and in the last minute skipper Stephen Clemence pounced on a loose ball to score from 20 yards.

king.gif king.gif
kurtsimonw
A very nice gesture, especially in a local derby.

Unfortunately for them, it sets up another local derby with us. biggrin.gif
Tennie
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Mourinho leaves Chelsea!

(Really, I'm not kidding. HERE is the link to the bbc article)
kurtsimonw
It seems that Sheva has won the war.

Chelsea have gone through a bad patch recently, lost to Villa, drew with Blacburn and Rosenborg at home. Maybe he knows they won't win anything this season. What a loss for Chelsea. dry.gif

(According to Sky Sports News: An un-named Chelsea player in the last few minutes has told them he was sacked, he didn't resign. If this is true, Roman is a real idiot.)

I suppose Steve Clarke will take over for a few months and WHEN we knock Russia out of the running for the Euro's, Hiddink will take over.
dst
If it's true then Abramovic is a real idiot! If he resigned then I lost some respect for him...

In any case, it's something that shouldn't have happened!
Tennie
(Anyone want to take odds on how long it is before Jose ends up coaching the Merda?)
Warchant
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2007, 07:03 PM)
If it's true then Abramovic is a real idiot! If he resigned then I lost some respect for him...

In any case, it's something that shouldn't have happened!

why...a coach doesn't have to stay with a team if he doesn't want o
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 20 2007, 03:06 AM)
(Anyone want to take odds on how long it is before Jose ends up coaching the Merda?)

I think Moratti actually likes Mancini... yes, he's THAT stupid!
kurtsimonw
I don't think Mourinho resigning should even come into question. There are very few players on the planet who connect with their team like Jose does with Chelsea. I'm 100% certain he was sacked, Abramovich expects to win everything. rolleyes.gif
Tennie
It's official.

"Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have agreed to part company today (Thursday) by mutual consent."

link
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 20 2007, 04:07 AM)
It's official.

"Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have agreed to part company today (Thursday) by mutual consent."

link

I think my eyes are starting to decieve me !!!!

WHAT !!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Warchant
well, i expected it last year...if not then the end of this season if he didn't deliver...didn't expect it so soon in the season.
MizNelson
Looks as if the 1-1 draw at home with perennial CL minnows Rosenborg was the final straw. I can't say I'm too heartbroken.

But why is Sheva being associated with his departure?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Sep 20 2007, 05:57 AM)
Looks as if the 1-1 draw at home with perennial CL minnows Rosenborg was the final straw. I can't say I'm too heartbroken.

But why is Sheva being associated with his departure?

Well not Sheva, but Mourinho did give a harsh post-match interview. Where he took a swip at the players he had at hand and placed the blame on them. I guess that blow off the fuses in Abramovic's head, since he had give Mourinho more than any owner has given his manager in the modern game.

p.s. Mourinho is a HUGE loss to the EPL IMO, but I think it's either Lippi or Capello who will suceed him. We will just have to wait and see.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 19 2007, 07:26 PM)
I don't think Mourinho resigning should even come into question. There are very few players on the planet who connect with their team like Jose does with Chelsea. I'm 100% certain he was sacked, Abramovich expects to win everything.  rolleyes.gif

i'm not quite sure abromovich understands foobtall at all. he associates it too much with business, the more money you put in the more u make (theoretically). but even when you make good investments and you have a good team that performs you cant always win. really in the past 3 1/2 this is chelsea's first real bad patch. they've had some rough ones but not winning against 3 mediocre teams in a row (kidding kurt LOL biggrin.gif) was enough to frustrate abromovich enough to sack mourinho... really disappointing... sleep.gif

i mean 2 semies 3 years. 1 out in penalties, 1 out on a dubious goal, out against eventual champions in unfortunate circumstances. it's not like they did bad in europe they just dint get any luck their way.

big loss for the prem and chelsea... i'll miss him cry.gif
misha
I think it will be good for Chelsea. There were a lot of tension between Mourinho and some players, Mourinho and Abramovic and the whole atmosphere in the club was hurting the team. Even the Balack issue: how can you leave player like that outside of champions league squad while the reason he came to Chelsea is in order to win the CL rolleyes.gif They need somebody to make some order in the team. Plus it will be good for Sheva smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
Can't honestly say I like this one bit. I was looking forward to Carletto vs Mourinho this season. sad.gif

My odds are he's gonna go Barca, esp if Rijkaard keeps throwing up this kind of results.

Will be fun to see where Porty stands if this happens.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 19 2007, 10:23 PM)
I think it will be good for Chelsea. There were a lot of tension between Mourinho and some players, Mourinho and Abramovic and the whole atmosphere in the club was hurting the team. Even the Balack issue: how can you leave player like that outside of champions league squad while the reason he came to Chelsea is in order to win the CL and his s rolleyes.gif  They need somebody to make some order in the team.  Plus it will be good for Sheva smile.gif

although i do think this is very good for sheva. i'm sure the neww coach will play with a 4-4-2 with sheva as a SS and not a winger/wide forward rolleyes.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Sep 19 2007, 09:52 PM)
although i do think this is very good for sheva. i'm sure the neww coach will play with a 4-4-2 with sheva as a SS and now a winger/wide forward rolleyes.gif

Yeah i cant wait. Maybe just maybe he will do good. I say capello to take over or sevilla boss.
Milan Are Brilliant
I'm quite excited to see Sheva now be back to somewhere near his best and have enough of the he's useless from everyone I speak too rolleyes.gif Although quite worried for us as well if he does! If he doesn't then he just can't hack it in the EPL but I think under a new manager at Stamford Bridge he will be the Worlds best again - even if only for a season or 2.
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 20 2007, 04:24 AM)
Can't honestly say I like this one bit. I was looking forward to Carletto vs Mourinho this season. sad.gif

My odds are he's gonna go Barca, esp if Rijkaard keeps throwing up this kind of results.

Will be fun to see where Porty stands if this happens.

Mourinho is the most hated coached in Barcelona. It's like saying Figo is going to sign for Barca too. rolleyes.gif

He'll go to: Milan, Inter, Juventus or R.Madrid during or in the end of this season, depending on the results of each of those 4 teams.

My bet goes to Inter.

Big loss for the EPL. Not only the Chelsea but all the other fans will miss him (even the United, Liverpool and Arsenal ones).
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Sep 20 2007, 02:01 PM)
Big loss for the EPL. Not only the Chelsea but all the other fans will miss him (even the United, Liverpool and Arsenal ones).

I certainly will. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.