Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ALL Champions League Talk In Here
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
han2503
QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Feb 21 2007, 09:52 PM)
oh, no,

Valencia isn't the worst, he is very powerful today.

Also Valencia is playing kinda Seria A style football, and Inter didn't understand it, and lost just as they were losing before biggrin.gif

I didn't mea it like Valencia are rubbish or anything like that, in fact I think they are a good side.

But considering some of the other teams they could have encountered they where pretty lucky (as always in the CL draws rolleyes.gif ) I think this is another Villareal dibacle in the making.

Well at least it won't ba as humiliating as losing to Villareal rolleyes.gif
milanistar
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 21 2007, 09:48 PM)
Playing = Diving for them.

Always trying to dive for Deco's/Ronaldinho's FK. Shitty team.

I've noticed that too mad.gif every dive was whistled pffffffffff

Sisoko was fouled many times without getting anything (if just his name ended with -nho rolleyes.gif)

The more I watch the more I hate those referees (uefa)!!!
Portman
han, since when Valencia is easy? Do you know their team?

They're one of the 8 best teams in Europe atm. Without a doubt.
GULLIVER
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 22 2007, 01:58 AM)

exactly.
milanistar
ohmy.gif 8 yellow cards for la Roma laugh.gif
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 21 2007, 11:49 PM)
Didn't watch much of the Chelsea match but from what I saw it was poor, Sheva scored... and didn't do much else.

He played a great game and he is in good shape lately. It helps if you watch the game before the conclusions about how he played!
misha
It's so pleasing to see Barca lose devil.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 21 2007, 09:58 PM)

Never said they are a bad team, but if you look at the other possibilities Inter had in the draws Valencia where the easiest.

Of course they are a good side, but if you compare them Inter they don't match up man for man. ~Inter are supposedly in "amazing" form if that where the case they would have blown Valencia away, but that's not the case.
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ Feb 21 2007, 10:02 PM)
He played a great game and he is in good shape lately. It helps if you watch the game before the conclusions about how he played!

I didn't watch the entire match but the moments I was watching it all he did was lose the ball.

Being in great shape in domestic cup matches against Wycomb and Norwich isn't what is called getting back to his old self. I've watched every game he's played in the premiership so far and apart from one game (I don't remeber what team it was they where playing against, he scored a goal and set up another) he has been playing bad all season. His performances especially the ones leading up to the christmas schedule in England where horrific to say the least, the only thing he did was trip on the ball.

And I don't see how he is looking better then he did a few months ago, sure he is trying to put in more work but Sheva is not about workrate and trying to scrap around for balls in midfield, he is a forward that creates and scores goals and he isn't doing any of that, especially in the premiership
arivanjj
LIVERPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 21 2007, 04:24 PM)
And I don't see how he is looking better then he did a few months ago, sure he is trying to put in more work but Sheva is not about workrate and trying to scrap around for balls in midfield, he is a forward that creates and scores goals and he isn't doing any of that, especially in the premiership

Gila isn't about creating chances and workrate... He is there to put in goals and he is not doing that in the Serie A. Yet you always defend him. Now let's cut misha some slack.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Feb 22 2007, 01:45 AM)
LIVERPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

yep and they should be in pool position to face us devil.gif devil.gif

This would be a dream come true .. For us fans, this will be a chance to rectify our selves from Istanbul !

They have a stronger team than in 2005 .. And they have key sub players .. But we will have the advantage of revenge on our minds .. Extra motivation to thrash the sh!t out of them !!!!!!!!!!!! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif

Wait a minute ?! unsure.gif ... Do we play them next ?!
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2007, 12:24 AM)
I didn't watch the entire match but the moments I was watching it all he did was lose the ball.

Being in great shape in domestic cup matches against Wycomb and Norwich isn't what is called getting back to his old self. I've watched every game he's played in the premiership so far and apart from one game (I don't remeber what team it was they where playing against, he scored a goal and set up another) he has been playing bad all season. His performances especially the ones leading up to the christmas schedule in England where horrific to say the least, the only thing he did was trip on the ball.

I don't know what moments did you watched but he was one of the best players on the field. He claimed the ball , made good passes and good movement and overall was dominant. You can't see something from a few moments.

Noobody said he was "getting back to his old self". I just said that he is in good shape lately (last 3-4 games) which were clearly shown tonight
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 21 2007, 04:44 PM)
Riise scored WITH THE RIGHT-FOOT! AHAHAHAAH

BARCELONA HUMILIATED IN CAMP NOU!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

i would love it if liverpool go on to play chelski and the blues destroy them... ah and milan chelsea final...ah that would be nice.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 21 2007, 06:15 PM)
yep and they should be in pool position to face us devil.gif  devil.gif

This would be a dream come true .. For us fans, this will be a chance to rectify our selves from Istanbul !

They have a stronger team than in 2005 .. And they have key sub players .. But we will have the advantage of revenge on our minds .. Extra motivation to thrash the sh!t out of them !!!!!!!!!!!! devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif

i'd rather have our chance to get revenge when we have a better team. sine then they have gotten better and we are way shittier. so if we end up losing, they that would lead those gay scousers to suggect they actually deserved to win in istanbul.
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 21 2007, 11:15 PM)
yep and they should be in pool position to face us devil.gif  devil.gif

They have a stronger team than in 2005 .. And they have key sub players .. But we will have the advantage of revenge on our minds .. Extra motivation to thrash the sh!t out of them !!!!!!!!!!!! devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif

They'd kick our a_s easily.

Well... we'll see in the draw (early March). If we beat Celtic in San Siro of course. wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 21 2007, 11:48 PM)
Rijkaard...  laugh.gif I am a better manager than him...

I can't tell who's worse... Rijkaard or Mancini!?? rolleyes.gif Bad, bad, bad!

My predictions on who goes through; Barcelona, Valencia, Lyon, Chelsea.

I don't know why but I enjoyed it when Sheva scored! unsure.gif Sh!t, for the first time I feel he should still be here...

Bellamy's goal celebration was just priceless! That guy is just nuts!! I still can't believe he set up Riise for the second... biggrin.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2007, 12:19 AM)

Bellamy's goal celebration was just priceless! That guy is just nuts!! I still can't believe he set up Riise for the second...  biggrin.gif

I can see you still believe in UEFA. laugh.gif
Anfield will be on fire to kick Barcelona out of Europe (I'll have champagne that night if it happens. cool.gif )

Oh yeah. It was.
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 22 2007, 02:23 AM)
I can see you still believe in UEFA.  laugh.gif

laugh.gif

And Eto'o... it will be a hard match!!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 22 2007, 02:46 AM)

Well... we'll see in the draw (early March). If we beat Celtic in San Siro of course.  wink.gif

Tsk tsl tsk .. Porto .. What r u talkin about man .. With Shevchenko we had the game for 84 mins in our hands. But it was 6 mins that drew the conclusion.

I think this team can win the competition. It's a ko .. just two legs, this team flurrishs in these types on competitions .. Give Milan Liverfool at Anfield and San Siro, and Milan will ripe them to shreds ..

Yeah ok we'll see rolleyes.gif
arivanjj
so what are the probable teams to face us? unsure.gif
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Feb 22 2007, 12:37 AM)
so what are the probable teams to face us? unsure.gif

We'll know in 2 weeks. Then will be a new draw from those 8.
Bluesummers
its a time for celebrations! well at least around my neighborhoood. Everyone here is barca fan/ arsenal manu fan and i'm only one that is a milan fan but way to go liverpool and psv you have earned some more respect from the world!!!!!!!!!!
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 21 2007, 10:54 PM)
its a time for celebrations! well at least around my neighborhoood.  Everyone here is barca fan/ arsenal manu fan and i'm only one that is a milan fan but way to go liverpool and psv you have earned some more respect from the world!!!!!!!!!!

lol those fans dont seem to know too much cuz PSV and liverpool have won more european cups compared to arsenal,man u and barca combined. and on the domestic level we all know liverpool is the most succesful english club, and psv is the 2nd most successful dutch club. even tho i'm no fan of these teams (in fact i hate them) i think these kids should respect them, besides the fact that they have qualifed for CL knockout which should count for something.
arivanjj
shows you how this competition is unpredictable!!
agenth
hell, we could win CL king.gif

kidding tongue.gif
milanistar
QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 22 2007, 06:30 AM)
hell, we could win CL king.gif
kidding tongue.gif

You should not wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 22 2007, 03:54 AM)
its a time for celebrations! well at least around my neighborhoood.  Everyone here is barca fan/ arsenal manu fan and i'm only one that is a milan fan but way to go liverpool and psv you have earned some more respect from the world!!!!!!!!!!

Let's celebrate but only in 2 weeks if FC Hype is really out of the CL.

Anyway, there's a CL thread. There's no reason for this one. Some mod merge this.
milanistar
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2007, 12:19 AM)

Actually I think la merda have much more chances to go throught than Barça!

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 22 2007, 12:28 AM)
Tsk tsl tsk .. Porto .. What r u talkin about man .. With Shevchenko we had the game for 84 mins in our hands. But it was 6 mins that drew the conclusion.

I think this team can win the competition. It's a ko .. just two legs, this team flurrishs in these types on competitions .. Give Milan Liverfool at Anfield and San Siro, and Milan will ripe them to shreds ..

Yeah ok we'll see rolleyes.gif

+1 cool.gif king.gif devilsmiley.gif
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 21 2007, 11:13 PM)
Gila isn't about creating chances and workrate... He is there to put in goals and he is not doing that in the Serie A. Yet you always defend him. Now let's cut misha some slack.

Gila is our top scorer this season, and I really can't see how Sheva and Gila can be compared, 1 of them was considered as one of the best strikers in Europe a couple of months ago, Gila is an up and coming Italian poacher. I defend Gila because I see that he tries hard, yes, but Sheva is not about that, he is a World Class striker, and just workrate is not what you expect of him.

I know I defend Gila and all, but he and Sheva are not on the same bracket.

QUOTE (mishale @ Feb 21 2007, 11:21 PM)
I don't know what moments did you watched but he was one of the best players on the field. He claimed the ball , made good passes and good movement and overall was dominant. You can't see something from a few moments.

Noobody said he was "getting back to his old self". I just said that he is in good shape lately (last 3-4 games) which were clearly shown tonight

Of course you can't judge an entire performance on just moments of the match I happened to be watching but still from what I've seen these past few weeks all he has improved is his work rate, nothing else.

And he looked good these past few weeks only in cup matches against teams from the second or even third division.

QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 21 2007, 11:46 PM)

Well... we'll see in the draw (early March). If we beat Celtic in San Siro of course.  wink.gif

Yeah right. rolleyes.gif

This is the team that let in 12 goals in a matter of 2 weeks by Arsenal's reserves.

Liverpool got 2 soft goals last night because of Barca's sh!tty defence and Valdes. There where moments of the game when Barca where passing them off the pitch.

Liverpool's defence is suspect at best. If Eto'o was there he would have ripped them to shreads. No matter what you think of him he is still one of the best out there
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 22 2007, 01:42 PM)
Anyway, there's a CL thread. There's no reason for this one. Some mod merge this.

Agreed.
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2007, 05:35 PM)
Of course you can't judge an entire performance on just moments of the match I happened to be watching but still from what I've seen these past few weeks all he has improved is his work rate, nothing else.

And he looked good these past few weeks only in cup matches against teams from the second or even third division.

It's not his fault that Chelsea played last matches against some weak teams but if you will watch the Porto game you will see what I'm talking about: a great performance.
Portman
I'll LMAO if there's only 1 italian team in the 1/4 finals... and that team is exactly Milan.
Wouldn't that be something... amazing? cool.gif
misha
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 23 2007, 07:57 PM)
I'll LMAO if there's only 1 italian team in the 1/4 finals... and that team is exactly Milan.
Wouldn't that be something... amazing?  cool.gif

There is a very good chance for that to happen smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ Feb 23 2007, 02:52 AM)
It's not his fault that Chelsea played last matches against some weak teams but if you will watch the Porto game you will see what I'm talking about: a great performance.

Ok I'll watch it, and I'll probably agree with you since I'm pretty sure you aren't making stuff up.

But I will also say that I have also watched him in a couple of premiership matches recently and he still looks the same, he's just running around a bit more.

QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 23 2007, 05:57 PM)
Wouldn't that be something... amazing?  cool.gif

Like always we are the pride of Italy in Europe, even when we are having one of the worst season's we've had in god knows how long.

Inter botched it up, just like I knew they would. Roma are seemingly facing an uphill battle, but all they need to go through is a score draw. But they probably won't be able to handle Lyon at home even if the Frenchies don't seem like they are in the best of form
Jack Sparrow
From what my friends told me, Lyon nearly pulled off an upset.

From what my friends who watch La Liga tell me, Valencia is one among the teams(beside Real and Barca) you don't want to face at home in a must-win situation. So Inter will have to show something Moratti with all his Euros can't buy-character. It comes with the heritage, you see wink.gif (I'm gonna shut up b4 I jinx my team)

Personally I want us to win the CL. Not for bragging rights or any sh!t. Hell, with our team, a move into the semis is a major achievement and will help us keep that top ranking in UEFA.

But that cup is the only way I'd ever feel at peace seeing Maldini leave. That man deserves it. He deserves every cup ever made, but then..rolleyes.gif

If anything, not getting the WC was a very cruel thing. This is the best possible send off.
agenth
yeah bzut i heard that their captain wont play @ home...
Portman
QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 23 2007, 09:34 PM)
yeah bzut i heard that their captain wont play @ home...

Albelda? Well Vieira and Cambiasso won't be available too.
Bluesummers
Liverpool got very lucky that barcelona didn't score on their chances but it was still a great match. Good to see the mighty fall. But i think barca will still make it through. Here is my predictions: Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Inter(i hope they lose but i'm thinking realistically), Man u(no doubt they will go through, the ref is with them all the way), lyon, madrid (capello is actually doing something for a change lol)
Portman
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 23 2007, 10:41 PM)
Liverpool got very lucky that barcelona didn't score on their chances but it was still a great match.

Lucky? Go to Nou Camp, hit 2, win being the best team on the pitch... and you call it luck. OK. Milan was lucky against Celtic too. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 23 2007, 11:15 PM)
Lucky? Go to Nou Camp, hit 2, win being the best team on the pitch... and you call it luck. OK. Milan was lucky against Celtic too.  rolleyes.gif

I don't think they where lucky, but in terms of the goals they scored, they where soft goals that were both gifted to them by the terrible Barca defence.

But at times Liverpool where getting passed off the park by Barca.

Also Barca miss Eto'o too much, Savialo is just too light weight and even managed to miss a 1 on 1.
Rossoneri7
Who will we play in the last eight ?! Cuz I really want Milan to play Liverpool at some point, but not a final devil.gif
Hoops fan
AC Milan v Celtic

Alright lads Celtic fan here. I'm just wondering will someone help me out. What's going on with Milan v Celtic will Celtic get into Milan's end of the ground?

Celtic fans are only given 4,500 while about 10,000 will go over. Most people are getting them for Milan end but one minute we hear oh the full stadium is open next its oh no only a certain amount allowed in.

Rossoneri7 your very confident? 2-2 Celtic though all the way.
mishie
QUOTE (Hoops fan @ Feb 26 2007, 10:03 PM)
AC Milan v Celtic
Alright lads Celtic fan here. I'm just wondering will someone help me out. What's going on with Milan v Celtic will Celtic get into Milan's end of the ground?

Celtic fans are only given 4,500 while about 10,000 will go over. Most people are getting them for Milan end but one minute we hear oh the full stadium is open next its oh no only a certain amount allowed in.

Rossoneri7 your very confident? 2-2 Celtic though all the way.

the capacity will be 67,500 the third tier will be closed.
the celtic fans will be in the green section of the stadium and STRICTLY only 4,500 seats available!!
so seriously mate no ticket don't go!!
hope that helps
as for the score 3-0 milan biggrin.gif
Hoops fan
"so seriously mate no ticket don't go!!"

As in there will be trouble or we wont get in? Were getting ticket's its just we will be in Milan end. In the green section but not with Celtic.

Will we get in with Milan jerseys?
dst
I don't think there will be any tickets available for you to get in even with Milan shirts on.
Hoops fan
I have them.

Were going with a group, paid 1100Euro's. The ticket's are for The Green section but not with Celtic. One minute were hearing we can get in the next were told we wont be allowed because only Milan fans are allowed in.

Will we get into the green part with
(A) Celtic jersey
(cool.gif Milan jersey

I paid a fortune for the trip and Im going I just dont no weather to go with Celtic jersey or not. There has been about 4,000 others who are going this way. We will all be in Milan end we dont really care about that because we doubt there will be trouble.
dst
Well I can't say for sure... Good Luck ( to you, not your team biggrin.gif )!!
Hoops fan
Honestly we will beat ye smile.gif smile.gif

Goodluck
Tennie
Has there been any news on how bad Nakamura's injury is? I heard that his hand was broken but nothing more definite.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.