Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gattuso
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Zed.D
Finally biggrin.gif
dst
What? You agree?? This forum is dead to me!
Jack Sparrow
Me too.

Can someone pull out the knives 10ster stuck in my back. First she won't support the grandmaster of sexiness - David Beckham, and then she patches up with zd. I sense a disturbance in the Force.
Tennie
Jack, my eyes are still bleeding from that Armani underwear ad on the side of a building in the Brera district I saw this August as I walked to Sweet Years to get dst his Maldini postcard. Please don't make me hurt you. smile.gif

As for Rino, the exam in Belgium will show whether or not surgery is necessary. If it is, I suspect the surgery will take place very soon, perhaps even tomorrow. Given Gattuso's frighteningly fast recovery time, the best optimistic guess for a return is sometime in the spring. Worst case? September.
Jack Sparrow
Aww..it ain't so bad...

Ry4n
Send all your get well messages here to Rino !!!

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1708/ac-mil...ages-to-gattuso
Tennie
"La prendo come una nuova sfida, una nuova battaglia da vincere. Sono dispiaciuto, ma bisogna guardare avanti: ho vinto tante sfide, vincerò anche questa"

"I'll take it like another game, another battle to win. I'm not happy about it, but one needs to look forward. I've won a lot of games, I'll win this one too."
- Rino Gattuso at Malpensa Airport this morning, on the way to Belgium for exam and possible surgery

--
Rhy, we've got a get well Rino thread in 'other'. smile.gif

---
Jack, you've made my eyes bleed again. The piranha tank is too good for you! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 10 2008, 12:18 PM) *
Rhy, we've got a get well Rino thread in 'other'. smile.gif

Oh righty i posted mine on Goal.com just now laugh.gif hope it gets sent huh.gif
Astafjevs
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 10 2008, 03:42 AM) *
Jack, my eyes are still bleeding from that Armani underwear ad on the side of a building in the Brera district I saw this August as I walked to Sweet Years to get dst his Maldini postcard. Please don't make me hurt you. smile.gif

As for Rino, the exam in Belgium will show whether or not surgery is necessary. If it is, I suspect the surgery will take place very soon, perhaps even tomorrow. Given Gattuso's frighteningly fast recovery time, the best optimistic guess for a return is sometime in the spring. Worst case? September.

Worst case would be around October, but that's only if surgery is needed, and if it's a complete tear.
Tennie
COMUNICATO UFFICIALE A.C. MILAN
10/12/2008
L’A.C. Milan comunica che il calciatore Gennaro Gattuso, visitato oggi dal Professor Martens, verrà sottoposto a intervento chirurgico al ginocchio destro venerdì 19 dicembre ad Anversa.

[AC Milan announces that the player Gennaro Gattuso, examined today by Professor Martens, will have surgery on his left knee on Friday December 19 in Anvers, Belgium.]
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 10 2008, 08:18 AM) *
"I'll take it like another game, another battle to win. I'm not happy about it, but one needs to look forward. I've won a lot of games, I'll win this one too."
- Rino Gattuso at Malpensa Airport this morning, on the way to Belgium for exam and possible surgery

Good to hear this!!! biggrin.gif king.gif
TriniKing_CE
Gattuso: I'll Be Back For The UEFA Cup Final
Ringhio is expected to stay on the sidelines for at least six months, but hopes he will return in time to take part in the UEFA Cup final.

Milan were dealt a huge blow earlier this week, as it was confirmed that Gennaro Gattuso will need to go under the knife after damaging his right knee ligaments during the match with Catania last Sunday.

He will then undergo a lengthy course of rehabilitation and is unlikely to feature again this term, but Braveheart has not given up hope.

“They must give me a present, I want them to achieve Champions League qualification and also get to the UEFA Cup final,” he told Sky Sport 24. “Who knows? Maybe, I will be there. It’s my dream…”

The Calabrian picked up the injury at the beginning of the encounter with the Etnei, as he challenged Marco Biagianti.

“Unfortunately, my cruciate ligament snapped,” he sighed, “and I will need surgery, which will take place on December 19.

“It just happened and I will have to live with it. The main problem is that I don’t know if I will be able to stay out for such a long time, because I have never experienced something like this in my career.

“But injuries are part and parcel of this sport, I was lucky enough to escape them in the past, but now that I was about to turn 31, I got crocked!”

Vince Masiello, Goal.com

Gattuso hopes he will play in this season's UEFA Cup Final - Goal.com
kurtsimonw
We're going to miss him. The fact that he's probably been one of our best players this season shows just how poor we've been though to be honest!
Jack Sparrow
Why?? I don't get that comment kurtiepoo... unsure.gif
amancik
Seriously, Kurt, I found that quite unfair.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 11 2008, 03:53 PM) *
Why?? I don't get that comment kurtiepoo... unsure.gif

I don't think Gattuso is that good personally, so for him to be one of our best players doesn't say much about how the rest of the squad are performing. Kaka', Pirlo, Pato, etc. have been playing well below their capability.
TriniKing_CE
STRONGER THAN BEFORE
12/11/2008 5:06:00 PM
Today Gattuso spoke exclusively to Milan Channel of his state of mind: 'Now I have to fight, the most difficult thing is managing to stay put, but I have to do it to come back stronger than before.'

MILANELLO - Here are the declarations made to Milan Channel's microphones by Rino Gattuso, today at the Milanello sporting center:

Rino, how are you?
"Let's say I could be doing better. Throughout my career I had never taken into consideration the possibility that my knee would fail or that I would ever have an injury that would have made me stay off the pitch for so long. But since I arrived at Milanello this morning, I feel better - Rino continued smiling - Today my team mates made me feel good. I don't feel like I have a torn ligament, if in two or three days the liquid goes away, I might try to run. Also talking with Professor Martens, he told me that with the structure of my knee I could play, but since there are still four-five years before the end of my career, it's more right that it's operated.
I got my last knock in the match against Catania, the problem I had Sunday with my knee was not because of Sunday's match, I had been suffering from it for a while.
When I hurt myself on Sunday I immediately thought I had broken something, but then I came back and managed to stay on the pitch, and I thought I had escaped again. It's been two years that my knee has bothered me, but it's never happened that I had to stay out for such a long time."

Now you've explained how you are doing physically, can you tell us how you are feeling inside?
"I am aware of the fact I have to fight now, the most difficult thing is having to stay put, but I have to do it to come back stronger than before."

You've also received an encouragement from Marcello Lippi...
"My relationship with Lippi goes beyond the normal relationship between a national team coach and a player. He's always been a coach with whom I've had a relationship of great friendship and esteem."

Sunday there's Juventus-Milan...
"I will follow the match because I want to be close to and encourage my team mates. Who knows me knows I am a spontaneous person and that I transmit what I think. Against Juve it will be a difficult match, they are a tough team who never give up, with a great temperament and we will have to put them in difficulty with our class, we will have to be careful for the full 90 minutes."

How do you see this league season?
"In our season there are two injust results, the one in Lecce and the one in Turin. Especially in Lecce we gave away the match because after creating many chances we were unable to close it earlier.
Milan are a tough team and they have shown it on many occasions when they hung on to a 1-0 lead and brought home the result. Aside from the match against Catania, in the last few games we lacked a bit of physical strength, we know we always have to run. Inter remains the team to beat. They are able to take home the result also when they don't play well because on a physical level they are the best team there is. Our task is to play the games with the mentality of the team that must not concede goals."

Gattuso: Stronger than before - acmilan.com
Tennie
Here's Channel 4's translation of an article that's all over the Italian press.

Gennaro Gattuso amazed the medical community again after his knee surgery. “We had to change the scalpel, as he has very hard bones!”

The Milan and Italy man recovered in record time from multiple fractures to his wrist earlier this season and hopes he can also cut the expected six-month spell on the sidelines for ligament damage.

“The surgeon took the tendon, an incomplete part, and made a tunnel to put the ligament through. It will take six months for this to form a strong cruciate ligament,” said Krystel De Reycke.

The assistant to Professor Marc Martens – who also operated on Ronaldo and other top stars – revealed a surprising moment during the surgery.

“During the operation we had to change the scalpel, as Gattuso has very hard bones. He is extraordinary! This has never happened before.”

It was not the only physical anomaly they discovered, as the World Cup winner was able to play for 86 minutes after he had torn knee ligaments in the 1-0 win over Catania.

“He has some very large muscles that allowed him to do that,” the assistant told Sky Italia television.

“Now he will wear a protective cast for a month and that will give him normal mobility without limits. He’ll then walk with crutches for 10 days.

“Another protective device is needed up for another month, but after four months he can start running again.”
Jack Sparrow
Frickin superhero... cool.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 11 2008, 05:54 PM) *
I don't think Gattuso is that good personally, so for him to be one of our best players doesn't say much about how the rest of the squad are performing. Kaka', Pirlo, Pato, etc. have been playing well below their capability.

dry.gif the date was wednesday the 2nd of May Gattuso vs C.Ronaldo , Ronaldo on fire in the "Premier league" and who stops C.R from playing his game at the San Siro , Gennaro Gattuso hes not that good yeah right your probably going to say that was then this is now dum dum dum.......so who should we buy to replace him laugh.gif how about one of your own Villa players Barry tongue.gif
Love the honesty tho Kurt !
dst
Can I be your sidekick Mr. FatboneMan? I won't be as gay as Robin!
Zed.D

I just felt like posting this nice pic here.

[take notice of the friendship between the two, Tennie ]
Tennie
Hah. They are good friends. And it's a great picture!
Tennie
Hah. This one surprises me a little. There was a poll in Novella Duemilla magazine (mostly one that ladies read) about what women think about footballers - who they thought was sexiest was unsurprising (Luca Toni). Gattuso led the polling about 'who you'd most like to have an affair with'.

link to Mediaset article.
Fillipo Simone
I always supposed Vieri and Pippo are the ideal affair boys. Well, you never really can understand women. It's that thing that when you finally think you did it, they surprise you with something out of the dark.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 8 2009, 01:31 PM) *
Well, you never really can understand women.

That's so true.
dst
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 8 2009, 02:02 PM) *

You can "see" friendship in a picture? You should include that in your CV.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 8 2009, 07:52 PM) *
You can "see" friendship in a picture? You should include that in your CV.

(Not that you know why I said that to Tennie, but) OK, Kaka going to the sideline, hugging & kissing crocked Rino is not a sign of a good relationship...

PS wtf is CV dry.gif
acid911
A résumé, also spelled resumé or resume; also called curriculum vitae or CV, is a document that contains a summary or listing of relevant job experience and education. The résumé or CV is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, when seeking employment.

Source

A different name for resume! rolleyes.gif In some countries it's called CV.
dst
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 8 2009, 05:28 PM) *
(Not that you know why I said that to Tennie, but) OK, Kaka going to the sideline, hugging & kissing crocked Rino is not a sign of a good relationship...

PS wtf is CV dry.gif

(I think I understand why you said it... your arguments with Tennie come to mind) That does not mean they're friends to me. It just shows that they're in good terms.

what acid said.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Dec 17 2008, 03:07 AM) *
dry.gif the date was wednesday the 2nd of May Gattuso vs C.Ronaldo , Ronaldo on fire in the "Premier league" and who stops C.R from playing his game at the San Siro , Gennaro Gattuso hes not that good yeah right your probably going to say that was then this is now dum dum dum.......so who should we buy to replace him laugh.gif how about one of your own Villa players Barry tongue.gif
Love the honesty tho Kurt !

Oddo played his part too, and Oddo completely nullified CR in the Italy friendly against Portugal about a year ago. Anyway, wishing Rino a speedy recovery, lord knows we need him
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 8 2009, 07:30 PM) *
(I think I understand why you said it... your arguments with Tennie come to mind) That does not mean they're friends to me. It just shows that they're in good terms.

I already said "OK". leave me alone biggrin.gif

(As for that argument, I'm afraid most of it was via pm! that's why I said you don't know about it. wink.gif )
Tennie
As one of the token girls on the board, I'm still teying to figure out why Gattuso topped that poll. biggrin.gif Maybe it's the 'teddy bear' factor - he's all furry. I personally would've voted for someone else.
Zed.D
If I was a girl I would have voted Luca Toni. he's handsome! (please, no Rosetti like jokes, Tennie biggrin.gif )
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 8 2009, 11:16 PM) *
As one of the token girls on the board, I'm still teying to figure out why Gattuso topped that poll. Maybe it's the 'teddy bear' factor - he's all furry. I personally would've voted for someone else.

Um, he's physically strong. unsure.gif I know. I personally would've voted for someone else too!
Tennie
I wouldn't dare make a Rosetti joke in your presence, zd. You might hit me! innocent.gif

And I'd have voted for...nah. Best not tempt fate, or dst will hit me!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 8 2009, 10:06 PM) *
Um, he's physically strong. unsure.gif I know. I personally would've voted for someone else too!

blink.gif
acid911
I can think of that being the only logical reason, R7. smile.gif Strong physically, emotionally, and ... you get my drift. Other than that there are lots of other candidates, worthy I might add, to have an affair with in the Italian NT team. Unfortunately for some, and fortunately for others, I'm not a women. So can't say much in this regard. Ha!
Habitant
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 8 2009, 01:02 PM) *

I just felt like posting this nice pic here.

haha i remember after every goal gattuso would make his appearance on the side lines cool.gif
dst
Why do women look elsewhere when there's Maldini and Nesta around? unsure.gif Stupid hormones!

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 8 2009, 07:14 PM) *
I already said "OK". leave me alone biggrin.gif

Why don't you love me anymore?

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 8 2009, 09:11 PM) *
I wouldn't dare make a Rosetti joke in your presence, zd. You might hit me! innocent.gif

And I'd have voted for...nah. Best not tempt fate, or dst will hit me!

Hmm... getting hit seems to flood your thoughts... Again... stupid hormones!
whoarethepatriots
Dont forget our "Blonde Angel" Ambrosini
Tennie
It's not that, dst, it's just that I know how possessive you are about Nesta. biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jan 9 2009, 03:10 AM) *
Dont forget our "Blonde Angel" Ambrosini

Sorry. Not my type! innocent.gif
Tennie

BUON COMPLEANNO RINO!
09/01/2009
MILANO - Secondo compleanno nel mese di gennaio in casa Milan: all'indomani della 'festa' per Favalli, tocca a Rino Gattuso spegnere le candeline. Il centrocampista, nato il 9 Gennaio 1978, compie infatti gli anni e li festeggia insieme a squadra e compagni, con i quali ha voluto tra l'altro prendere parte al ritiro di Dubai, nonostante il suo infortunio. Al nostro Rino, cuore e polmoni del Milan, i più sinceri auguri per un giorno speciale!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RINO! 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif
Jack Sparrow

Couldn't resist... hope you all recognize who it is.

Zed.D
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 9 2009, 05:16 PM) *
Couldn't resist... hope you all recognize who it is.

Now I wonder who this is? innocent.gif And by the way, I'm not sure Wolverine would enjoy you calling him 'it', not one single moment of this. Better run for the hills, Captain, while you still got a chance!

PS: Great smilies there, Z. Happy birthday, Rino. Now get well soon! king.gif
dst
He was our most consistent player this season... I hope he gets back better than ever! Happy Birthday wolf!! king.gif
Zed.D
RINO GATTUSO: "Economic crisis? I am ready"
3/19/2009

MILAN - During the presentation of the project, Rino Gattuso also talked about the Champions League: "In an all-or-nothing match we are able to obtain unpredictable results. For us now it's very important to return to the Champions League, it wasn't easy to play in the Uefa Cup for a year." Gattuso then briefly talked about the economic crisis: "In a period like this I would be favorable to reduce the player salaries. I already talked about it with Galliani. If the club asks me for a reduction I would be ready."

Forza Gattuso!
Tennie
He's a good guy. Is working on reducing poverty, building social services (centers for abused women and kids, for example), and creating jobs (most recent thing is opening up a fish canning factory) in his home region of Calabria, which has been in a bad slump for years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.